Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

horriblePencilist posted:

Kid, the only thing you need to protect yourself from rape is that corset of yours.

I swear to god that if this....."person" is not involved in It's Pat cosplay I shall weep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

...of pain

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Feats of Strength posted:

CoolDudeClem is almost like a sketch by Tim & Eric:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5SxTHKAe2I

He should apply to get into That Guy With the Glasses. I think his style would fit right in.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
^ I didn't go through all of his videos, does he have a MST3K-:airquote:inspired:airquote: robot buddy that's actually a cardboard box with some sharpie-doodles on him?

I like to imagine +200 pounds of unkempt mass squatting slightly and making noises at customers.
drat you, species-ist cis scum!

That kid looks like a Panic at the Disco song.

horriblePencilist has a new favorite as of 21:14 on Jul 29, 2013

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

This war will not be fought with guns, bayonets, and bibles, but with debate, class, and zero understanding of how to properly put text on an image

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hate to ruin your fun but the dude in that picture almost certainly didn't put the text on it. I remember that guy from an earlier awkward thread from way back.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

No thanks, kid. I like kitchens that are updated and don't have 200+ lbs of useless crap in them. I don't like the 200+ lbs of crap containers, either.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kid, the only thing you need to protect yourself from rape is that corset of yours.

How do you have both no chin and two chins simultaneously?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The slight peek we get of the white sock is truly horrific.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Enter my mother's kitchen.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

If he had a quarter of the intelligence he thinks he is capable of boasting at he would've loving known how bad an idea that picture was.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Avert your gaze, lest you be drawn into the vortex of madness

:cthulhu:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think the last time I owned navy slacks was when it was required uniform at my private middle school.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Scroto Baggins posted:

Enter my mother's kitchen.

Nah, that looks like the kind of thing you might have in a basement apartment. Either way, choosing to be photographed there eliminates him from the Intelligent section. He would have been better served by posing in front of his MLP posters and waifu sheets.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Nautilus posted:

Allow me to introduce you guys to "Mr. Menthol"

I found him on tumblr while searching for "candy cane."

I like peppermint but not as much as this guy, yeesh.

The worst part is that these are part of a professional photoshoot.

Cool, I've never seen this Aladdin Sane shoot before.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

zoux posted:

I think the last time I owned navy slacks was when it was required uniform at my private middle school.

Heh, there's something to be said about navy as a color; what's nice about the picture is that his jacket and pants don't match. At all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah but navy slacks though....

Also, I'd give 10 to 1 odds that under that ill fitting blazer, those slacks are pleated-front :barf:

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

FrozenVent posted:

Heh, there's something to be said about navy as a color; what's nice about the picture is that his jacket and pants don't match. At all.

Also those white socks. Or maybe his ankles are just super pale.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

FrozenVent posted:

And very few things defy the concept of class as effectively as unkempt, poorly cut greasy hair.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Khazar-khum posted:

Nah, that looks like the kind of thing you might have in a basement apartment.

The basement apartment his mother rents.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I think the apartment must be above ground. It's too bright to be underground, and the shadows cast by the light appear too fuzzy to be made by a lamp or a cameraflash.

NoOneCares
Feb 13, 2012

This person actually went to University with me, and somewhere in her second year decided she was gender neutral, including a name change and use of the ze etc. pronouns. Her look I think is partially congenital although I never knew her well enough to find out.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

NoOneCares posted:

This person actually went to University with me, and somewhere in her second year decided she was gender neutral, including a name change and use of the ze etc. pronouns. Her look I think is partially congenital although I never knew her well enough to find out.

Did she dress like that with the corset? Just sticking it over whatever she's wearing no matter how stupid it looked?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Frankston posted:

Cool, I've never seen this Aladdin Sane shoot before.

I was gonna say, he looks like he could be a member of Brian Slade's entourage in Velvet Goldmine. I kinda dig it.

In other news, my city is apparently hosting it's first Bronycon this coming weekend :negative:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Is it bad that I look at the corset picture and get kind of grouchy about the use of the word "girl" on that whiteboard?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

RazorBunny posted:

Is it bad that I look at the corset picture and get kind of grouchy about the use of the word "girl" on that whiteboard?

I've noticed that these people are always grotesque for some reason.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Is there something wrong with the word girl now? I didn't get the memo.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Frankston posted:

I've noticed that these people are always grotesque for some reason.

Just as polygamous people are always the one's who you don't want to see having group sex, people who describe themselves as androgynous are never ones you want to see in a corset.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ez posted:

Is there something wrong with the word girl now? I didn't get the memo.

Well it's diminutive. I don't find it personally offensive but I could see how a grown rear end woman could be sick of being referred to as a "girl". But that's like, number 100 on the list of things I find obnoxious about that picture.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
E: eh, you know what, nope.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 00:10 on Jul 30, 2013

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

zoux posted:

Well it's diminutive. I don't find it personally offensive but I could see how a grown rear end woman could be sick of being referred to as a "girl". But that's like, number 100 on the list of things I find obnoxious about that picture.

I don't mind it if it isn't being used pejoratively, it just kind of stuck in my craw that someone who's crowing about feminism and gender issues and such would use it instead of a more appropriate term.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I'm late to the CoolDudeClem chat but this is my absolute favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69B8M4wOya0

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Well I guess I would be a bit annoyed if I was called a boy instead of a guy or a man. I suppose it's all in the context and the tone of how it's said.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Personally I refer to all women as "lady" because it's chivalrous and too many "boys" don't understand how to be gentlemen these days . *dons navy slacks with a different navy blazer, houndstooth fedora, satin tie and white loving socks*

Ez posted:

Well I guess I would be a bit annoyed if I was called a boy instead of a guy or a man. I suppose it's all in the context and the tone of how it's said.

Sure, also "boy" has a racial connotation that "girl" never picked up during the Jim Crow era, so it never snuck into the vernacular.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
Gender norms have come a long way in the USA. We've got female road crew members and stay at home dads all over here in NJ. However, I don't get why they (INTERNET SOCIAL JUSTICE) automatically think that being even remotely hetero normative is something to be ashamed of. Do whatcha do, let your freak flag fly, but respect everyone else too.

on the other hand here's some content.

it's like a Whitman's Sampler of ugly

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.
Except another poster already claimed that person was gender-neutral. So I think she (they?) is/are more upset by the fact that corsets are considered feminine.

That's enough of that, this is all getting ridiculous. I'm gonna start referring to people as whatever gender they look the most like.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

pageerror404 posted:

Except another poster already claimed that person was gender-neutral. So I think she (they?) is/are more upset by the fact that corsets are considered feminine.

That's enough of that, this is all getting ridiculous. I'm gonna start referring to people as whatever gender they look the most like.

Except that wouldn't work in the case of that picture.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

shut up netface posted:

Gender norms have come a long way in the USA. We've got female road crew members and stay at home dads all over here in NJ. However, I don't get why they (INTERNET SOCIAL JUSTICE) automatically think that being even remotely hetero normative is something to be ashamed of. Do whatcha do, let your freak flag fly, but respect everyone else too.

Yeah, I agree. I'm as accepting of all kinds of lifestyles as anyone else, but if I meet someone new and they say they're married, my brain is always going to assume they're married to someone of the opposite sex, and I don't think that makes me a bad person.

Now, here's a picture of some people:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

NoOneCares posted:

Is it Oxford or Cambridge? All the bikes and limestone make it look a hell of a lot like Oxbridge. Or maybe all old historical universities look the same.

Sorry to go back to this stupid tumblr but this one annoyed me. She probably thinks she's a "good, non-racist" Nazi because she acknowledges and regrets the Holocaust. But really, what the gently caress is there to like about Nazism other than some improvement in infrastructure, the volkswagen, and the uniforms? There is no non-evil way to support things like lebensraum and the associated militarism, the denouncing and censorship of art you happen not to like, Nazi eugenics, the demand for social conformity, constant spying on the civilian populace, and totalitarianism. And there is no non-moronic way to think Hitler was good at anything other than giving speeches and sleeping, or that any other top-level Nazis contributed anything of value to society and culture.

Weldon Pemberton has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Jul 30, 2013

• Locked thread