Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Blue Angels were petty awesome when they flew the A-4 Skyhawk due to budgetary restraints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Having seen both teams a few times each, I'm going to have to go with the Blue Angels.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Godholio posted:

Fat Albert is pretty badass.

They stopped doing the RATO takeoffs though, right? Something about their not being many bottles left?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

movax posted:

They stopped doing the RATO takeoffs though, right? Something about their not being many bottles left?

Maybe? I know there's really one C-130 squadron left that still does them and it's the guard guys out of NY tasked with the Antarctica mission.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Godholio posted:

Pure luck. Read up on the USAF's attempts to get a replacement aerial tanker since the 1990s.

Ha, no idea how I could completely forget about that clusterfuck, guess there are really no right choices.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Maybe? I know there's really one C-130 squadron left that still does them and it's the guard guys out of NY tasked with the Antarctica mission.

Didn't that mission go to C-17s or that unit transition or something?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I won't be satisfied until I see a precision flying Harrier squadron. :colbert:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Precision F35s which provide their own laser show. Last thing you would ever see.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

Didn't that mission go to C-17s or that unit transition or something?

It's always been with those guys and the C-17's have had a hand in it as well

Jaysus has done the South Pole poo poo so if he's around maybe he could clarify.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Carteret posted:

I imagine that would go about as well as the Top Gear segment where they tried precision stunt driving, just with more explosions.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm pretty sure C-17s are mainly used to haul goods down to Christchurch, New Zealand, and either from there or one central part of Antarctica they use LC-130s to move everything around the continent.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EBB posted:

I imagine that would go about as well as the Top Gear segment where they tried precision stunt driving, just with more explosions.

So yea good idea let's do it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Carteret posted:

EBB posted:

More comedic option: precision V-22 squadron.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

shyduck posted:

I'm pretty sure C-17s are mainly used to haul goods down to Christchurch, New Zealand, and either from there or one central part of Antarctica they use LC-130s to move everything around the continent.

Yeah, the LC-130s still have skis I think that let them move stuff around to more remote places. I think C-17s can land at the one/two permanent solid ice runway, I've seen pics of C-141s chill in' with penguins.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

More comedic option: precision V-22 squadron.

I can just about envision this. Three Ospreys take off and hover with noses touching in a not gay fashion. In a horrific error, one changes from hover to flight mode and the trio crash into the grandstand. Little Timmy stares at the carnage in silence as he wonders why his parents and left arm have suddenly disappeared. The investigation reveals that the pilot at fault had been chewing bubblegum at the time, and was blinded by faulty bubble blowing seconds before the crash. In response, a senatorial committee is convened to discuss the danger of having objects in one's mouth while operating military equipment. The conclusion is that chewing gum, dip, cigarettes, anything from an MRE, penispenispenis, and pogey bait are now banned. Army rebels, WW3 starts, humanity regresses to medieval stage.

Resiliency training is fun if you stick to catastrophizing. You can start from a papercut and extrapolate to the universe ending.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
How about a big parade of A10s blowing the gently caress out of things.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Where is 3F Rule to regale us with tales of flying the A-10!?!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I love watching vids of A10s shooting terrorists. its like you see explosions then you hear the pow pow pow pow! then you hear the VNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

As someone who had to deal with the Blue Angels once a year.

gently caress the Blue Angels

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bolow posted:

Bolow-chan on Bolow-cam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294-MxpgmqU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Bolow posted:

Same.

I was stationed at NAF El Centro, CA for four years. It was terrible.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Bolow posted:

Blue Angels mean commissioning week. Blue Angels are loving tits.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The real problem is you guys were stuck in El Centro.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Baloogan posted:

I love watching vids of A10s shooting terrorists. its like you see explosions then you hear the pow pow pow pow! then you hear the VNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

What about the explosions and the sound being near simultaneous?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkzrxN5Jn0

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ya didn't the Navy pull a fast one over Congress with the E/F model?

This is also why a B-29 with R-4360 engines and a bigger tail became a B-50

Some things never change.

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 3, 2013

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
edit: nm

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Wasabi the J posted:

The real problem is you guys were stuck in El Centro.

This right here. This is a serious problem.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Droned.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

What are we looking at here?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

What are we looking at here?

It's a drone getting shot down by a fighter from the perspective of the drone. Can't remember the details.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

High off boresight test launch?

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoqc5ZE8L6E

Anyone who's been to KAF knows

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

evil_bunnY posted:

High off boresight test launch?

No, it was a Georgian drone that Russia decided was over their airspace. Georgia was not pleased, but nobody cares.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Oh gently caress that smell.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
There was no escape from that smell. The windy days were the worst.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

-Anders posted:

There was no escape from that smell. The windy days were the worst.

I was offsite, but my buddies stuck in battalion HQ were flooded for a week in 2011. The pond made the water completely toxic.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
I've been on dairy farms, in water reclamation facilities, huge city dumps, etc. I've never actually wretched from a smell until the poo pond. To get to a good DFAC we had to go past it. It's probably why I lost 30 lbs I didn't want to lose.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Derek Dominoe posted:

I've been on dairy farms, in water reclamation facilities, huge city dumps, etc. I've never actually wretched from a smell until the poo pond. To get to a good DFAC we had to go past it. It's probably why I lost 30 lbs I didn't want to lose.

If that DFAC wasn't Luxembourg or Far East, you were doing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Wasabi the J posted:

If that DFAC wasn't Luxembourg or Far East, you were doing it wrong.

• Locked thread