Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Oh my god I missed the perfect submission for this thread today. I was driving home from work and there was an overweight 20-something year old guy at a bus stop wearing a fedora, leather vest (with a chain coming out of the pocket like he had a goddamn pocket watch) on top of a plaid shirt, and I swear to loving god he was standing there holding an umbrella like he's docking John Steed or Mary Poppins or something. Also, it should be noted that it was 92 degrees today without a cloud in the sky so there was no chance he was using the umbrella as... well, an umbrella. I would have had to pull a u-turn through 3 lanes of traffic to get a picture but maybe I should have, he was perfect, I laughed the rest of the way home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ez posted:

Also, it should be noted that it was 92 degrees today without a cloud in the sky so there was no chance he was using the umbrella as... well, an umbrella.

Parasol.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
There's a nice collection of fedora-wearers where I live, but somehow I never have my cellphone with me when I see them out and about. One guy even has an umbrella that has, I kind you not, a handle that resembles a sword hilt, and a back-sheath. So he can carry his umbrella on his back and pretend it is a sword, I guess.

Fake edit: found it. Think Geek, of course. The customer images are a goldmine.

I kind of like her but she demonstrates the 'umbrella' aspect of the Samurai Umbrella.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

platedlizard posted:

I kind of like her but she demonstrates the 'umbrella' aspect of the Samurai Umbrella.

OK, not going to lie, I want one of those. And I definitely want to get one for my dad this Christmas, he's a huge Highlander fan.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

platedlizard posted:

There's a nice collection of fedora-wearers where I live, but somehow I never have my cellphone with me when I see them out and about. One guy even has an umbrella that has, I kind you not, a handle that resembles a sword hilt, and a back-sheath. So he can carry his umbrella on his back and pretend it is a sword, I guess.

Fake edit: found it. Think Geek, of course. The customer images are a goldmine.

He sighed as he drew his umbrella.

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

Yeah I got my brother one of those for christmas a few years back, think he still uses it but he definitely doesn't strap it to his back like a goon

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

I believe this lovely lady had her own Helldump thread at one point.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Mizuti posted:

I believe this lovely lady had her own Helldump thread at one point.

Huge the Bat?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Ez posted:

Huge the Bat?

Fat the Bat.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right
I know it was posted earlier in the thread, but can someone repost the videos of the guy who thinks he can stop gunmen with his sword?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

OdorousTobacco posted:

I know it was posted earlier in the thread, but can someone repost the videos of the guy who thinks he can stop gunmen with his sword?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6bmrqIsP8

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

And the original 21 foot guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POu_KdeqKvc

e: I think he eventually injured himself charging one of those cardboard cutouts and had to stop making videos

Good Citizen has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Aug 5, 2013

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!
Emmm... i don't know what to say about this one, just watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_0_ro04uI

JUST GO ON THE WALL :stare:

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right

Good Citizen posted:

And the original 21 foot guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POu_KdeqKvc

e: I think he eventually injured himself charging one of those cardboard cutouts and had to stop making videos

This brings so much joy into my life.

nihilistic_fish
Mar 3, 2004
"Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law." - Henry David Thoreau
This is a pretty ugly story with some gross parents who murdered their child. (goto 1:51)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOIxDsaG7JM

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Xemloth posted:

Yeah I got my brother one of those for christmas a few years back, think he still uses it but he definitely doesn't strap it to his back like a goon

He straps it to his waist like a gentleman?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ok this is a goof right?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
If you ever looked at the old PYF thing to mock on the internet thread, you might remember the Arkh Project. If not, it's an indie video game development project that supposedly "focuses on queer people and people of color as main characters... made by queer artists and programmers, and PoC artists and programmers, supporting them in their craft amongst an industry that discourages them from applying," but it is actually a scam with traced concept art that has taken thousands from naive SJWs on Tumblr.

Well to no one's surprise the Arkh Project still has nothing to show beyond concept art over a year after they achieved funding. In lieu of actual progress, the official blog has become the dumping ground for a bunch of Kickstarters and Tumblr "signal boosts", all begging the few fans the Arkh Project still has left for even more money. An example:

Riley's Tumblr posted:

THE BLACK VAMPIRE PROJECT: BIRTH OF A DARK NATION

African Vampires come to America during the transatlantic slave trade!

My name is Rashid Darden. In 2012, I was the Director of Development at a Washington nonprofit organization. After 11 years in the nonprofit sector, I decided it was time to stop being miserable and start fulfilling my destiny.

I quit my day job to invest in my career as a novelist.

Now, in 2013, I have written a novel in a new genre. I have created a world in which African vampires have come to America during the transatlantic slave trade and have been imbedded in the New World since colonial days.

I’m no stranger to writing. While an undergrad at Georgetown, I wrote my first play and participated in poetry readings on and off-campus. Over the next several years, I wrote and independently published three novels and a book of poetry: Lazarus, Covenant, Epiphany, and The Life and Death of Savion Cortez. Each of my books averages no less than 4.8 of five stars on Amazon! You can find out more about my career so far at https://www.oldgoldsoul.com and https://www.rashiddarden.com.

Oh? What do his other books look like?

:ohdear:

Riley's Tumblr posted:

Your investment will help me publish and raise awareness of this novel. It will also help me to inspire the next generation of novelists.

My goal is significant, but realistic: $3890

$220 for the cover designer, Charlis Foster, who has provided an extraordinary discount for services which could easily be over four figures.

$413 for greatly reduced copyediting and editorial development fees.

$220 for printing and postage of promotional postcards.

$606 for printing of review copies.

$616 for shipping costs of review copies.

$1815 for travel and lodging for free writing workshops at 20 colleges and universities.

A sample of the book:

Birth of a Dark Nation posted:

Justin tensed up and peered out of the window. A uniformed security guard and another woman walked out of the house. The small white woman wore a long black coat, a Baltimore Orioles baseball cap, and ear buds in her ears. She locked the door behind her. The guard got into the company issued sedan and sped off. The woman got on a bicycle and rolled by us at a moderate pace.

“Follow her,” I ordered.

“I got this,” he snapped back. He made a quick U-turn and stayed about half a block behind the woman as she pedaled through the neighborhood. She never looked back once.

We followed her through Rock Creek Park as she neared Georgia Avenue, pedaling slightly harder and slightly faster.

“She made us,” I said.

“I think so, too,” Justin said. He accelerated as she sped across Georgia Avenue onto Missouri, pedaling furiously.

“She’s gonna make that left on Fifth Street,” Dante said.

“I know,” Justin replied. “Relax, we’re in my territory now.”

Justin was right behind her as she turned onto Fifth Street. She pedaled as fast as a superhuman could and we were on her tail. We both ran through red lights.

Justin’s fangs began to elongate as he concentrated on the road.

“You hop out as soon as I go past her,” he instructed.

“What?!” Dante and I said in unison.

“You hop out of this truck as soon as I pass her!”

“That’s crazy!” I said.

Justin ignored us and put his pedal to the metal just as we reached Coolidge High School, a large colonial style building with red brick and slanted green roofs. A huge, modern gymnasium was attached to the building on its far side.

We passed the woman just on the other side of Coolidge and she hopped off her bike, running through the parkland next to the gym.

“Get her, bitch!” Justin screamed at me.

Without argument, Dante and I bailed from the truck and hit the ground, tumbling a few times but hopping right back up in pursuit of the vampire. Justin sped off down the street. Our stakes were in our hands, ready for action.

:allears:

There's more where this came from: http://thearkhproject.tumblr.com/

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Ok this is a goof right?

No. Knife safety's no laughing matter.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

N. Senada posted:

No. Knife safety's no laughing matter.

If you're within twenty one feet of a knife, ever, you're already dead.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
That is why I only eat soup, my friend.

Art by Chris "Day-By-Day" Muir.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Ok this is a goof right?
Yes, it's making fun of the original 21 foot rule video.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Elysiume posted:

But the guy who made it is still a gross human.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Wear a belt so you won't have to look silly while you're knifing down gunman.

VVVV It's one of my many inadequacies.

AdorableStar has a new favorite as of 05:30 on Aug 5, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Elysiume posted:

Yeah, seriously, you guys suck rear end at knowing what is a obvious joke and not, it makes you all awkward in turn, it's like being teacher's aide in the underclass freshman Drama class all over.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Switchback has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Aug 5, 2013

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dusseldorf posted:

But the guy who made it is still a gross human.

He is both gross and amazing. :allears:

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

N. Senada posted:

That is why I only eat soup, my friend.

Art by Chris "Day-By-Day" Muir.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Fixed. You messed up the url for the image. Also this guy is joking and is probably cool as hell.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.
Weird Furry's Sexual Escapades | TCC #59
Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YtZzE3it2g

You can say he likes cock. :smug:

Also this.

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!
PYF Awkward, Ugly and Gross: When I clop, I think it is beautiful...

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

If jerking off is an artform, the internet is full of loving Picassos.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Bash Ironfist posted:

Art:

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Bash Ironfist posted:

They say that the more you practice an art the better you become at it; I wonder how true that is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FourLeaf posted:

If you ever looked at the old PYF thing to mock on the internet thread, you might remember the Arkh Project. If not, it's an indie video game development project that supposedly "focuses on queer people and people of color as main characters... made by queer artists and programmers, and PoC artists and programmers, supporting them in their craft amongst an industry that discourages them from applying," but it is actually a scam with traced concept art that has taken thousands from naive SJWs on Tumblr.

Well to no one's surprise the Arkh Project still has nothing to show beyond concept art over a year after they achieved funding. In lieu of actual progress, the official blog has become the dumping ground for a bunch of Kickstarters and Tumblr "signal boosts", all begging the few fans the Arkh Project still has left for even more money. An example:

Oh? What do his other books look like?

:ohdear:

A sample of the book:

There's more where this came from: http://thearkhproject.tumblr.com/

I don't know the problem here, African vampire myths and the related things are very neat and pretty unique compared to western ones, and get even less media than the Asian ones and all. Totally a cool thing to do.

Oh, wait, no, this is just normal European vampires with dark skin and a ton of self importance by the writer.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

hseroK divaD posted:

Emmm... i don't know what to say about this one, just watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_0_ro04uI

JUST GO ON THE WALL :stare:

This is another PUA video, isn't it?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Bash Ironfist posted:

Wouldn't Jackson Pollock be more appropriate?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

FourLeaf posted:

A sample of the book:

quote:

She pedaled as fast as a superhuman could and we were on her tail. We both ran through red lights.

Seriously though, that excerpt was so generic that it made no sense. After reading it, all I can tell you is that some people rode something, which might have been a bicycle, and might also have been a truck, and one of the guys has fangs.

PYF Awkward Prose

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Friends Are Evil posted:

This is another PUA video, isn't it?

No, if you click on the related video it has a link back to the original video that says "CLICK HERE ON HOW TO GET GIRLS IF YOU HAVE AUTISM"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

e: never mind.

Friends Are Evil has a new favorite as of 06:29 on Aug 5, 2013

• Locked thread