Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

LateToTheParty posted:

Reminds me of this.

Haven't seen cognitive dissonance that thick in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"

It bothers me the most that his socks are on upside down.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

bitchymcjones posted:

I have a friend who is a vegetarian. She pretty much only eats veggie subs from Subway, broccoli salad and fried mozzarella sticks.

Some also eat a lot of fruit with too much sugar, like grapes and watermelon/regular melons, thinking it's all good because they're only eating fruit, right?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
We had to wait for a revival of Whose Line Is It Anyway for so long, when it was under our noses all along:
At anime conventions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqH0soNDuhY

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

I went to high school with this guy. He was a huge LARPer, and used to wear cardboard armor to class. He just posted that on Facebook and said he's wearing 6 belts.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
I hadn't seen this one in a while.
It hurts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Count Chocula posted:

I went to high school with this guy. He was a huge LARPer, and used to wear cardboard armor to class. He just posted that on Facebook and said he's wearing 6 belts.

Even dressed up for LARP-ing, he looks like he's living in 1992. Like if Will had a medieval dream sequence in Fresh Prince.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Non Serviam posted:

I hadn't seen this one in a while.
It hurts.

Sad thing is, that second poster probably got ripped to shreds for pointing out how ridiculous it is to put a cartoon pony in a photo like that.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Crow Jane posted:

Even dressed up for LARP-ing, he looks like he's living in 1992. Like if Will had a medieval dream sequence in Fresh Prince.

And if Will had scoliosis and was trying so hard to stand up straight.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Count Chocula posted:

Haha I also know this guy. Despite being a tremendous dork about LARPing he's actually really cool and funny and also has excellent personal hygeine. But yeah. Still a tremendous dork about LARPing.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Semisponge posted:

Haha I also know this guy. Despite being a tremendous dork about LARPing he's actually really cool and funny and also has excellent personal hygeine. But yeah. Still a tremendous dork about LARPing.
Uh-huh. Why don't you tell us more about this guy that totally isn't you.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Tangentially related:

They say we have created the man to end all wars. I say we have created a man to end all worlds!

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Johnny Aztec posted:

Uh-huh. Why don't you tell us more about this guy that totally isn't you.

I am not even a guy, let alone that guy. I was just astounded that someone I know turned up in this thread and felt like he was a decent enough person to not deserve being lumped in with smelly bronies and the like.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Yep, I think it's pretty awkward that your facebook account is called "anime pussy."

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Sorry about that. I chose it when I was a foolish child.

Gilmour
Nov 4, 2008

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Crow Jane posted:

That's because he's wearing what I am sure are a bunch of my mom's old belts that she donated to Goodwill a decade ago.

Does anybody present-day Larp? It's always some ye olden tymes. I guess it's easier to deny that even in another era you're a completely uncool spazlord.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

jidohanbaiki posted:

That's because he's wearing what I am sure are a bunch of my mom's old belts that she donated to Goodwill a decade ago.

Does anybody present-day Larp? It's always some ye olden tymes. I guess it's easier to deny that even in another era you're a completely uncool spazlord.

People LARP as vampires in the present day and haunt college campuses at night pretending to bite each others necks and playing paper rock scissors for some reason.

Here are some fine examples from the 90s:

"Here's a completely different look at Ellen, at the Judith-Squared LARP. The wacky Gangrel-fox-shapechanger."

Inevitable has a new favorite as of 02:39 on Aug 7, 2013

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

jidohanbaiki posted:

Her favorite thing is veggiemeat though, and will talk about how good it is at length. It sounds disgusting. Is there even anything nutritional in there?

The veggie "meat" is usually either wheat gluten called "seitan" (flour where the starch has been washed out, leaving the protein behind), or defatted soy, the protein/carbs left over after oil extraction. The seitan isn't a complete protein by itself, but the soy is so it's comparable to meat, except usually it has less fat.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

After the first three images that last one doesn't really seem so bad.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I know a married couple who are huge into LARP. They just got back from some big gathering in Saskatchewan and she's been posting pictures of it on Facebook.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I don't know if it was LARP-ing or cosplay or what, but a few years ago at a Decemberists concert, I saw a couple dressed up like the cover of The Crane Wife album. It was really, really hot out, so they were quite overdressed. They were kind of posing as they walked around trying to get people to pay attention to them.

There are probably a whole lot of awkward Decemberists fans, though.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Inevitable posted:

People LARP as vampires in the present day and haunt college campuses at night pretending to bite each others necks and playing paper rock scissors for some reason.

Here are some fine examples from the 90s:

Oh, Vampire: The Masquerade. I know a bunch of people who played it back in like 1992-94, fifteen years before I met them. Thankfully most have grown up to be pretty normal, well-adjusted adults, who are pretty embarrassed by themselves from those days, but it was an utter cesspool of awkward back then.

That picture made me do a double take, I thought for a bit that it might be someone I know, but I'm pretty sure it's just a similar-looking skinny nerd boy from the 90s.

Edit: I showed it to him, and he said, "Actually that might be me." Any idea where that was taken?

RazorBunny has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Aug 7, 2013

lemonsaresour
Feb 17, 2011
The guy in these pictures is a friend of a friend. He was always really weird and was a major Nice Guy. He had no sense of personal boundaries when it came to any girl he was hanging out with. He really thought being creepy and sexually assaulting girls was funny. I got tired of him really quickly and stopped hanging out with that group. Anyway, it apparently worked and he has a girlfriend now! It came from FaceBook:

This is how he asked her out the first time. The caption for the photo is "Helping S memorize scriptures when all of a sudden...<3"

Then like a week later the decided to do a photo shoot in the park together. The typewriters are because they are apparently both creative writing majors.

E; broken links to imgur. Fixed it!

lemonsaresour has a new favorite as of 04:19 on Aug 7, 2013

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Crow Jane posted:

I don't know if it was LARP-ing or cosplay or what, but a few years ago at a Decemberists concert, I saw a couple dressed up like the cover of The Crane Wife album. It was really, really hot out, so they were quite overdressed. They were kind of posing as they walked around trying to get people to pay attention to them.

Sounds like cosplay brah. Or just a couple havin fun.

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

lemonsaresour posted:

The guy in these pictures is a friend of a friend. He was always really weird and was a major Nice Guy. He had no sense of personal boundaries when it came to any girl he was hanging out with. He really thought being creepy and sexually assaulting girls was funny. I got tired of him really quickly and stopped hanging out with that group. Anyway, it apparently worked and he has a girlfriend now! It came from FaceBook:

This is how he asked her out the first time. The caption for the photo is "Helping S memorize scriptures when all of a sudden...<3"

Then like a week later the decided to do a photo shoot in the park together. The typewriters are because they are apparently both creative writing majors.

You forgot to append the ".jpg" to these, so they aren't showing up.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

lemonsaresour posted:

Holy poo poo that neck.

lemonsaresour
Feb 17, 2011

utada posted:

You forgot to append the ".jpg" to these, so they aren't showing up.

Yeah I copied the wrong links on imgur by mistake. Whoops! Fixed now though.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Pretty sure this has been posted already. Fire Emblem rombacker programs a scene where he confesses his love for a fictional character into the game.

The awkward starts at 5:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAA-OBRLDzU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lemonsaresour posted:

E; broken links to imgur. Fixed it!

Giraffe/rhino slash fic itt.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

RazorBunny posted:

Oh, Vampire: The Masquerade. I know a bunch of people who played it back in like 1992-94, fifteen years before I met them. Thankfully most have grown up to be pretty normal, well-adjusted adults, who are pretty embarrassed by themselves from those days, but it was an utter cesspool of awkward back then.

That picture made me do a double take, I thought for a bit that it might be someone I know, but I'm pretty sure it's just a similar-looking skinny nerd boy from the 90s.

Edit: I showed it to him, and he said, "Actually that might be me." Any idea where that was taken?

I know one of those people who grew up normal. She worked with me and was one of the palest people I've ever seen. She told me that she was co-opted into being the Vampire Larp president at her college, and then looked around in fear to see if anyone had overheard her. I wanted her to start putting it on her resume.

/cool story bro

Anyway,

And while GIS for "ugly vampires" I got to see "emo kids cutting themselves". Thanks google.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Crow Jane posted:

I love the Decemberists so that's +1 to the count of awkward Decemberists fan count.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Fat_Cow posted:

I thin tumblr is one big in joke I haven't got yet.

Also this tumblr

http://tipshaming.tumblr.com/

Here are the tip percentages in order on that Tumblr page:

14.81%
14.58%
16.30%
13.73%
14.81%
0% (take out)
11.07%

I'm so sick of this tip shaming poo poo. Is not a right, it's a reward for good service.

If you're a good waiter you get 20%
If you barely do your job you get 15%
If you're crappy you get 10%
If you were so offensively bad that I want to make a statement, you get nothing.
You also get nothing for take out orders, because you don't tip retail employees for ringing you up... why is this any different?

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!

pageerror404 posted:

I'm so sick of this tip shaming poo poo. Is not a right, it's a reward for good service.

If you were so offensively bad that I want to make a statement, you get nothing.
You also get nothing for take out orders, because you don't tip retail employees for ringing you up... why is this any different?

Yeah that tumblr left me wondering how bitchy and obviously judgmental those two servers MIGHT be. Because I always intend to tip well when I go out to eat, so perhaps, tumblr blogger ladies, it IS a reflection of your work?

Nightswimming
Aug 13, 2010

It's not like years ago
E: nevermind food service derail

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

RazorBunny posted:

I found them at http://www.broomstick.org/jude/larp.html. According to the caption, that guy's name is Joe.

pageerror404 posted:

Because they only make 2.15 an hour in most parts of the country, which isn't anything close to a living wage. And some people tip really badly no matter how good the service is.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't even know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KKiOKIjJno

Inevitable posted:

Because they only make 2.15 an hour in most parts of the country, which isn't anything close to a living wage. And some people tip really badly no matter how good the service is.

Because they were whining about marginally low tips and passive aggressively made a blog about it. I work for tips too and get at least one tip a night that is far more offensive than anything on that blog and I can't imagine making a loving tumbr crying about. Anyways, they must have not gotten very good feedback because it's gone now.

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 05:33 on Aug 7, 2013

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Picnic Princess posted:

I know a married couple who are huge into LARP. They just got back from some big gathering in Saskatchewan and she's been posting pictures of it on Facebook.

"LARPing in Saskatchewan" sounds like a euphemism, but I don't know for what.

"Don't go over to Pat and Angela's house, they've been LARPing in Saskatchewan for some time now. Just not a good scene in there."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Bart Fargo posted:

"LARPing in Saskatchewan" sounds like a euphemism, but I don't know for what.

"Don't go over to Pat and Angela's house, they've been LARPing in Saskatchewan for some time now. Just not a good scene in there."

"There's blood and hair everywhere. And good lord, the smell. The smell."

• Locked thread