Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mountainmanjed
Apr 2, 2013
GGPO default is 2 frames of input delay. So 1 frame off and it's unplayable. SF4 is at least 5 frames with a great connection btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Dias posted:

Well, for what's worth, my friend that mains Naoto says that her SMP loop is pretty easy to do, and I know he's not an execution wizard, so...

Executing the loop is easy, as well as knowing how to go into it since it's mostly memorization. Where it gets hard is when people begin to be aware of the common starters and working your way around that. Naoto can even do SMP loops that begin with her silence super, so she can do unburstable 8k or something crazy like that. Sadly her gameplan is heavily influenced by SMP loops, since she lacks in most areas otherwise (poor health, poor anti airs, DP and oki aren't that great, etc.) and as such, if you're forced to spend meter defensively or use your burst it's almost definitely going to cripple you.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Yatagarasu is a little over 500 bucks away from meeting it's goal.

...then somehow make $5k more in 3 days for GGPO :smith:

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Well it's made 5k in the last 3 days, and the last little bit generally has a big uptick so hopefully they will make it

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

$600 over its goal now. If only they prioritized GGPO over commentary, we'd only be $400 from GGPO instead of $5400. :shrug:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Ghostpilot posted:

$600 over its goal now. If only they prioritized GGPO over commentary, we'd only be $400 from GGPO instead of $5400. :shrug:

Look it is VERY important that we get Maximilian in this ok.

sadly it probably was kinda important because now all the retards who watch his garbage know about the game

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

SMP is Same Move Proration. The idea is that if you use the same move in a combo more than once, you get a huge penalty to your hitstun decay, meaning your combo will end much sooner. Only certain moves have this property though.

Actually, every single move in P4A has SMP, you can check the actual values with these wiki pages. But the SMP values aren't usually super-harsh.

quote:

Same bug exists in BlazBlue CS though I don't know if anyone has any particularly practical uses for it.

Litchi has a pretty easy SMP loop off of Ippatsu (no-staff HCB+A~A) that's her optimal corner/near-corner combo from counter-hit 6B staff starter. I can't find a good example on Youtube but here's a polsy link to a Nico video of it: http://polsy.org.uk/play/nico/?vidid=&vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nicovideo.jp%2Fwatch%2Fsm18252689&sixteen=on

It only works because every different version of Litchi's rekkas (air/grounded/staff starter/followup) count as different moves, and they all have SMP :v:

BBCP is kind of iterating on SMP in that whenever you trigger it (by using a move with the property twice), the opponent's character flashes blue and you get a text notification about it in the same vein as the "Counter" notification. Accordingly, all SMP is being made to be very harsh. Before, some SMP values weren't so terrible compared to normal proration.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

absolutely anything posted:

Look it is VERY important that we get Maximilian in this ok.

sadly it probably was kinda important because now all the retards who watch his garbage know about the game

Does that make Kokujin the Japanese Maximilian? I'm pretty sure wars have started over less.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Ghostpilot posted:

Less than 3k left now. It's moving along pretty fast.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Less than 3k left now. It's moving along pretty fast.

The first few days and last few days are normally the biggest for Kickstarters.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Veev posted:

The first few days and last few days are normally the biggest for Kickstarters.

Check out the comments on the indiegogo page, it's pretty insane how many people are donating for GGPO.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So I really want to get into fighting games but I don't own any consoles the market seems totally dry for PC. Are there any good 2D fighters I can play until King of Fighters or Ultra SF4 hit Steam?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

So I really want to get into fighting games but I don't own any consoles the market seems totally dry for PC. Are there any good 2D fighters I can play until King of Fighters or Ultra SF4 hit Steam?

You have anything up on GGPO if you don't mind old-school games - which you shouldn't - or Skullgirls, if you like Marvel-style games.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

SSF4 is incredibly popular on PC and has a wide skill range playing.
Skullgirls seems to be popular for now.
Mortal Kombat is garbage but has some players I'd imagine.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

If you plan on playing USF4 just start playing SF4 as soon as possible, since USF4 will be available as an upgrade for $15 and you can often get SSF4AE on Steam for really cheap, and it will end up being cheaper than buying the standalone USF4.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I'm not very familiar with Maximilian, is he really that much of a detriment? Seems like he does his best to try and acclimate new people into the genre, but again this is from a limited viewpoint so I might be totally mistaken on this one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

If you plan on playing USF4 just start playing SF4 as soon as possible, since USF4 will be available as an upgrade for $15 and you can often get SSF4AE on Steam for really cheap, and it will end up being cheaper than buying the standalone USF4.

I got it for like 4 TF2 keys (10$).

Go Here: http://www.tf2outpost.com/search/138516869 and message someone selling it for keys.

But yeah, Skullgirls, GGPO stuff, SSF4AE. Good Old Games also has a couple Guilty Gear games.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Xrd screenshots from the loketest:

http://www.radiokaikan.jp/press/?p=17669

Bunch of first impressions coming in now. Some stuff from Elven Shadow starting here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...l=1#post1527583

Sounds like it's pretty similar to the old GGs, similar speed and all that. RCs can be used to cancel anything it seems, so you can use them like you used to use FRCs.

Edit: The server is making GBS threads itself hard so you may have to reload a few times to get it to show up correctly.

Edit2: Here's a better link for the screenshots: http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/ruliweb/default/ps/93/read?bbsId=G003&itemId=1&articleId=1164029

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 9, 2013

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dias posted:

You have anything up on GGPO if you don't mind old-school games - which you shouldn't - or Skullgirls, if you like Marvel-style games.

GGPO? Mind if I ask how this works?

And is Skullgirls legit good? It seems to be constantly cast in negative light. The animations look gorgeous.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Oh poo poo, ok. Cheap meaning on sale? So it goes on sale pretty often, then?

Oh, awesome. I'll try trading for it. Thanks duder.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

And is Skullgirls legit good? It seems to be constantly cast in negative light. The animations look gorgeous.
Skullgirls is in fact a good game and if you play it I can guarantee you will have fun.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Skullgirls is cast in a negative light because of some genuine weirdness surrounding the art and people who don't actually play fighting games for more than two weeks only see that stuff, but the game is one of my favorite fighters.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

GGPO is this arcade emulator that also has an online-play feature - more than that, it's arguably the best netcode for 2D fighting games around. It supports a lot of older games, like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, KoF98 and 2002, Marvel vs Capcom and 3S. Worth checking out if you wouldn't mind playing some old-school titles.

Skullgirls is legit good. The developers are working on fixing some of the crappy stuff about the game, and while it might have questionable character design choices, it's a fun and well-structured fighting game that's also quite cheap.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

The negative light is purely from association from a single animator who happens to be working on Big Band, who is the least sexualized character in the game. The actual game itself is very good.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
The steam group for KOF XIII just posted an announcement!

quote:

To our loyal KOF Fans,
"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition" will arrive on PC for your enjoyment very soon!

We at SNK PLAYMORE have worked hard to bring our PC version of KOF XIII to our loyal fans and to any newcomers as well. We look forward to seeing this game being enjoyed by PC gamers and KOF fans across the world.

We look forward to receiving your feedback in the weeks to come!

Y2
Director

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Glad to hear that Skullgirls is real. That game is absolutely dripping with charm and it would be a shame if it was mechanically disappointing. And yeah, I've heard about the Zone thing. I guess it doesn't bother me since the dude seems to be a ridiculously good animator. Also I really don't want to even risk derailing anything so please keep talking about King of Fighters.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Yatagarasu page says they needed $73,000 for ggpo and its above that now so I guess ggpo is going to happen? Game seems pretty neat, hopefully it will run on my old laptop. Does anyone know if there even a tiny chance that it will get a console arcade release like skullgirls did?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Yatagarasu page says they needed $73,000 for ggpo and its above that now so I guess ggpo is going to happen? Game seems pretty neat, hopefully it will run on my old laptop.

Wow, that's good news. And it seemed like such a long-shot a week ago.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Xrd screenshots from the loketest:

http://www.radiokaikan.jp/press/?p=17669

Bunch of first impressions coming in now. Some stuff from Elven Shadow starting here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...l=1#post1527583

Sounds like it's pretty similar to the old GGs, similar speed and all that. RCs can be used to cancel anything it seems, so you can use them like you used to use FRCs.

Edit: The server is making GBS threads itself hard so you may have to reload a few times to get it to show up correctly.

Edit2: Here's a better link for the screenshots: http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/ruliweb/default/ps/93/read?bbsId=G003&itemId=1&articleId=1164029

This can't come out fast enough.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Yatagarasu page says they needed $73,000 for ggpo and its above that now so I guess ggpo is going to happen? Game seems pretty neat, hopefully it will run on my old laptop. Does anyone know if there even a tiny chance that it will get a console arcade release like skullgirls did?

Yep, just got a campaign update in my inbox excitedly telling me that GGPO is in! As for arcade release, its getting into the Nesica live system! Of course that means Japan-only but still!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
God drat those GGXrd screens are beautiful

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Yatagarasu has hit the GGPO mark and is on the cusp of a new soundtrack. At this rate they may hit the new move / voice acting / re-balancing goal.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Holy poo poo that was fast.

And fuckin awesome.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Someone recommended this as a relatively cheap and reliable option for a first stick, and I'm at the point where I can afford it. Should I go for this one, or is there a better option?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YpjbFSj_eY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Heres a basic system mechanic video for yatagarasu if you're like me a didnt know much about it. Mostly just basic game stuff, game uses four buttons and has a 3s style parry system. I'm actually curious to see if there are many differences in the parry system from 3s.

Isnak
Sep 15, 2006
Bonyour!
It has two buttons, one to parry low and one to parry high, and you can use them whilst blocking. I don't know what else!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I wanted to wait until some decent PS4 sticks came out, if I decide to get it later on, but I promised myself to get a stick if KoF XIII ever came out on pc. Please don't break my heart with lovely netcode SNK. :smith:

What options do I have to get one in eastern europe? I'm guessing a Qanba from PlayAsia is my best bet, are the Q2 decent? Q4 being dual moded from the go isn't much use to me, but I could get it instead, if the build quality is much better.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

GGXX#R with netplay patch. I'm not going to link it because I'm pretty sure the website also has a download for the game but you can find it just fine on google I think.

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 15, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I've used that patch, it's a nightmare to get it working (if you get it to work at all) and #R is like five revisions out of date.

If you're that desperate for Guilty Gear on PC there's a NAOMI emulator with working netplay, that'll at least let you play Accent Core.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I had zero problems getting it to work on multiple computers and #R is fine. :colbert:

That said, does that NAOMI emulator have lobbies for netplay or just direct connect? I might have to look into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Just direct connect.

• Locked thread