Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

bear is driving! posted:

I'm having a blast with this game. Add Nightmare-Sinner so we can cook bat gumbo between dungeons.

Add zombie_boat! I miss you buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Anime and Weed, what else do you need?

Zombie Boat posted:

Add zombie_boat! I miss you buddy

CoD reunion tour. add oxfordx.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Picked this up on Vita, playing the drunk dwarf guy. This game is really good and I love the combat. It is also an amazing game to see in motion, everything moves so... weirdly beautiful and the game has a ton of attention to detail. The map screen is beautiful, and all the cool art looking stuff like the angels flying down to revive bones or the sun lighting up a level are just fantastic. God, what I wouldn't give for a Steam version of this game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

AxeManiac posted:

Picked this up on Vita, playing the drunk dwarf guy. This game is really good and I love the combat. It is also an amazing game to see in motion, everything moves so... weirdly beautiful and the game has a ton of attention to detail. The map screen is beautiful, and all the cool art looking stuff like the angels flying down to revive bones or the sun lighting up a level are just fantastic. God, what I wouldn't give for a Steam version of this game.
Has Atlus ever published anything on the PC?

blat blat blat
Apr 20, 2013
ClaDunX2 is Atlus isn't it?

e: Ahh no it's NIS

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

According to Wikipedia, they published a punch of Japan-exclusives and these two in NA/Europe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cursed_Crusade
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_%28video_game%29

Not the most encouraging of games. Still, hope is free.

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Anime and Weed, what else do you need?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Zeno Clash 1 & 2 as well as Trine 2

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

My dear cherry blossoms.. bloom in full splendor!
Just picked up this game and holy balls is it fun. I was on the fence because beat-em-ups don't do it for me much these days but this takes the genre to a new level.

Anyone looking to set up games with goons without spamming the thread can check out #vita on irc.synirc.net and chat with a bunch of cool dudes about cool games. :getin:

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Cephas posted:

My friend and I have been really craving a good local co-op game for so long, but I only have one PS3 controller. Does the game use the triggers for pressure sensitivity at all, or the second analog stick? I'm really hoping that I could use my fight stick instead of having to buy another dual-shock. I have a couple of logitech controllers and the PC xbox-style controller too, but I don't know how well those work for the PS3.

Also, are there any quirks about local co-op? I remember when we tried Borderland, the menu sizes didn't shrink for splitscreen co-op so that you could barely read anything, and it made the game pretty unplayable. I just want a game where local co-op is fun and not something the developers seemed annoyed to include, you know?

Since nobody else will tell you, yes you need to use the second analog stick, for finding treasure as well as for using runes which are all pretty important. I'd say suck it up and get a second controller, back when I worked at a pawnshop we used to sell them for $25 and that was 3 years ago. Take a look around at non-Gamestop used places and you should be able to find one for a decent price.

(The thread icon needs to be changed to Treasure damnit!)

Syfe fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 11, 2013

blat blat blat
Apr 20, 2013
Theres $12 knockoff controllers on Amazon. I have two, the right stick has a larger dead zone and is less accurate in general, but they're wireless and rechargeable controllers shaped exactly like the actual thing for $12 so hell why not.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

On the other hand, if you're only doing co-op you can get by perfectly fine by having whoever uses the dual shock handle rune and treasure duties. The only serious problem with a fight stick is that you'd lose the ability to use items from your inventory since that takes whichever of dpad/left stick you're not using for movement. I don't think any of the classes would perform especially well without inventory use. Maybe fighter or dwarf, I guess? So, yeah, you'll be happier with another dual shock.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
For people having trouble with the Red Dragon: Jumping/dodging on the left side of the screen dodges pretty much everything, including the breath attacks. Then it just becomes DPS race.

Also, for the ancient, I highly recommend picking up the crossbow and dropping it on top of one of the barriers. The skeleton's are pretty useless without it, and another one won't spawn as long as one is on screen.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any good tips or strats for the Ancient? I'm a 30 Amazon. I feel like I do solid damage but his attacks just destroy.

Are my air-upward-then-downward attacks less damaging than my 4 hit combos + brandish?

I have L2 WarPaint, at least an L3 in the 4 hit combo, and at least an L2 if not L3 in Brandish.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I'm having immense fun with the Vita version. While I normally don't play beat-'em-ups, Dragon's Crown is a beautiful exception. I'm not that good at action games, but the difficulty curve was pretty easy to adjust to.

Haven't tried out other characters yet because I like playing Dwarf. Add bluenoteswing so we can smash things and eat snakes at the campfire!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Feenix posted:

Any good tips or strats for the Ancient? I'm a 30 Amazon. I feel like I do solid damage but his attacks just destroy.

Are my air-upward-then-downward attacks less damaging than my 4 hit combos + brandish?

I have L2 WarPaint, at least an L3 in the 4 hit combo, and at least an L2 if not L3 in Brandish.
Everything is less damaging than Brandish, you don't need to jump to hit him, just go nuts when he isn't flying after chugging a draught and using WP. And if that somehow doesn't work either, you need more levels/a better weapon.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Just beat the one-eyed monster, and now I don't know what I should do. What is the B route, and should I take it?

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Red Robin Hood posted:

Just beat the one-eyed monster, and now I don't know what I should do. What is the B route, and should I take it?

Much like the game likes to say, the A route is actually tougher (at least imo). B route is shorter and has an awesome boss.

Just got to the ancient dragon with my amazon, and the tornados always cost me a stock when he throws them out. Is there a way to dodge/block/parry those?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Gonna need some help for that last floor in the random dungeon. It's just me and the bots in there because I guess literally no one else is doing it. :smith:

Colorspray posted:

Just got to the ancient dragon with my amazon, and the tornados always cost me a stock when he throws them out. Is there a way to dodge/block/parry those?

Hit the sparks that hang in the air before they appear. You can prevent the tornados from ever coming out.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

tooooooo bad posted:

Gonna need some help for that last floor in the random dungeon. It's just me and the bots in there because I guess literally no one else is doing it. :smith:

Hit the sparks that hang in the air before they appear. You can prevent the tornados from ever coming out.

:whoa
Woooooooooow. Thank you!!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

AxeManiac posted:

My favorite is the way the warrior's armor sorta flops up and down as he breathes. First time I paid attention to it, it completely blew my mind.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
How the heck do you get dash/dodge shot off on the Elf? The character card says <- -> + O but I've never gotten it pulled off correctly and I only do it accidentally.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

Lakbay posted:

How the heck do you get dash/dodge shot off on the Elf? The character card says <- -> + O but I've never gotten it pulled off correctly and I only do it accidentally.

It's <-<- to start dashing in a direction, then circle. She'll dash in the direction you point and fire an arrow in the other.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
War paint is OP as gently caress at max rank. I can't believe I beat a boss with a broken weapon with it on.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Marogareh posted:

War paint is OP as gently caress at max rank. I can't believe I beat a boss with a broken weapon with it on.

I know it was Normal and all but your Amazon and my level 30 Elf just took out the dragon in like 15 seconds max.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I received a badge, which I can equip, after completing the ninth floor of the Chaos Labyrinth. What does it do?

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tamagod Sushi posted:

It's <-<- to start dashing in a direction, then circle. She'll dash in the direction you point and fire an arrow in the other.

Elves can also dash by holding down circle instead of square. When you let it go you'll do the dash arrow attack instead of kicking.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Megalixir posted:

I received a badge, which I can equip, after completing the ninth floor of the Chaos Labyrinth. What does it do?

Pretty sure the description tells you, although personally I haven't paid attention to the difference it makes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is there any way to do Ancient Dragon online with people? The AI are idiots and I've leveled up twice now and still he just busts out mad-cheap fire and I die. Sure I can level up some more but I'd rather not grind to beat the boss so that's why I'm asking...

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Feenix posted:

Is there any way to do Ancient Dragon online with people? The AI are idiots and I've leveled up twice now and still he just busts out mad-cheap fire and I die. Sure I can level up some more but I'd rather not grind to beat the boss so that's why I'm asking...

You have to get people on your friends list to join you, no other way.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Feenix posted:

I'll help you if you're on PS3.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is there ANYTHING at all to sink gold into? I just got to hard, and I have something like 400,000 gold.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Nope, I have almost 3 million and only use it to repair stuff. I really wish you can select more poo poo to sell instead of going one by one since it gets tedious when you have 100+ low level crap to sell.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

Is there ANYTHING at all to sink gold into? I just got to hard, and I have something like 400,000 gold.

Once you beat normal with a specific character there is an item you can buy in the runestore that changes the narrators voice to that character. It costs a few hundred thousand gold but it's probably just an in game method for the narration DLC.

nem-x
Dec 11, 2004

A deaf-mute

You can download all the voice packs for free on the PSN store.

Also one of my healing potions bugged out and sold for 12 million.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Hi I'm a wizard. Please stop destroying all the crates before I can make golems. Thanks

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Zombie Boat posted:

Hi I'm a wizard. Please stop destroying all the crates before I can make golems. Thanks

It's even worse for a Sorceress because you need multiple skeletons.

No, dude, I guarantee you that my army of roided out skeletons under Protection will be way more useful than that idiot NPC you probably have fifteen copies of already, please don't pick all the bones up, no no no nononon-:qq:

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Zombie Boat posted:

Kanos posted:

It's even worse for a Sorceress because you need multiple skeletons.

No, dude, I guarantee you that my army of roided out skeletons under Protection will be way more useful than that idiot NPC you probably have fifteen copies of already, please don't pick all the bones up, no no no nononon-:qq:

This was probably me, oops.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
I ended with negative gold for the level after fighting the Gazer. I eventually started getting his attack patterns down, but I was an idiot and paid for a second resurrection for an AI dwarf, who lost all of his lives in roughly 18 seconds in a suicidal literal blaze of glory.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

No one likes he skeleton/golem army. They would rather do sick damage with their elves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Quixzlizx posted:

I ended with negative gold for the level after fighting the Gazer. I eventually started getting his attack patterns down, but I was an idiot and paid for a second resurrection for an AI dwarf, who lost all of his lives in roughly 18 seconds in a suicidal literal blaze of glory.

Yeah, the AI isn't really big on things like "evading obvious attacks" or "surviving". A single AI partner is really good for clearing out trash mobs and helping with the less active bosses like Kraken, but you should just let them die against murderous bosses like Gazer and Red Dragon because even if you chain-revive them they're just going to die again instantly.

• Locked thread