Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

ShadeIncarnate posted:

Not to derail the thrilling discussion on fascism, but here are some cool youtube clips of Guillermo del Toro promoting Pacific Rim over in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zCQGA4fdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiwkProsb5o

He seems to really be having a blast over there.

I don't understand most of what's going on here beyond the subtitles but this is the most d'aww-est thing I've ever seen. They're fulfilling all the nerdiest dreams that grown rear end man has ever had and filming him lose his mind over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
Yeah, this SMG wankfest has gone on way too long.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

ShadeIncarnate posted:

Not to derail the thrilling discussion on fascism, but here are some cool youtube clips of Guillermo del Toro promoting Pacific Rim over in Japan.

Thank you for reminding me why I read this thread.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Ramen Pride! posted:

Yeah, this SMG wankfest has gone on way too long.

I generally like reading SMG's readings but goddamn do they end up dominating threads.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Improbable Lobster posted:

I generally like reading SMG's readings but goddamn do they end up dominating threads.

So let's get things back on track.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Cherno Alpha was inspired by the Zaku II? No wonder it's so popular. The Zaku II had a great design.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Let's see if I did this right

Now just put "fascism" on Gipsy Danger and "funhaving" on the Kaiju and you've got this thread.

ShadeIncarnate posted:

This is wonderful. I'm not really sure what to think of Japanese morning shows anymore since there seems to be kind of a dark side to them(if you refuse to go on them as a celebrity, you'll never amount to anything and get ostracized, or something like that) but these videos are adorable. Del Toro's just having the time of his life. :3:

I think that the sequel will still happen despite yet more doom and gloom from movie people. It's already made back its production costs and then some in sales, and that's before DVDs, toys, etc. I think that as an investment for a new property, Pacific Rim has fared pretty well!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

ShadeIncarnate posted:

Del toro confirmed for zeon apologist

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

ShadeIncarnate posted:

These videos were the cutest thing ever oh my god :allears:

Sledge
Oct 18, 2004

Breathing in Fumes!

Let's see if I did this right

So that's where all the figures went? Thanks NECA!

On a happier note, Ebay has a decent quantity of Series 1 figures from the movie, but really only available as a bundle right now. The three of them (Gipsy, Knifehead, and Crimson Typhoon) are bundled at a reasonable price direct from the manufacturer. $62.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pacific-Rim...=item3cd46cd903

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Del toro confirmed for zeon apologist

Zeon sought freedom from oppression for the spacenoids. Pacific Rim was a metaphor for the weaker, less-capable Zeon innovating and making sacrifices to win their independence from the tyrannical Earth Federation. Heroes such as Cherno Alpha/Zaku II, with their humanoid forms, fought strange creatures such as the Kaiju/Ball and at first achieved great victory. Unforunately the Kaiju/Earth Federation countered their innovations with weapons like Otachi/Gundam and brought them to their knees. Del Toro corrected history by allowing the determination of the just Zeon/Human people to overcome the savage dominance of the Kaiju/Earth Federation.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Zeon sought freedom from oppression for the spacenoids. Pacific Rim was a metaphor for the weaker, less-capable Zeon innovating and making sacrifices to win their independence from the tyrannical Earth Federation. Heroes such as Cherno Alpha/Zaku II, with their humanoid forms, fought strange creatures such as the Kaiju/Ball and at first achieved great victory. Unforunately the Kaiju/Earth Federation countered their innovations with weapons like Otachi/Gundam and brought them to their knees. Del Toro corrected history by allowing the determination of the just Zeon/Human people to overcome the savage dominance of the Kaiju/Earth Federation.

So who is Zechs Marquise?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

But the Zeon were total Nazis and than means the Jagers are-aw poo poo we're back to this again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

7thBatallion posted:

So who is Zechs Marquise?

In this metaphor he would be Ryan Reynolds from RIPD.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No Coyote or Cherno, no sale. :colbert:

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

ImpAtom posted:

In this metaphor he would be Ryan Reynolds from RIPD.

Oh, wow. It all makes sense.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

No Coyote or Cherno, no sale. :colbert:

Cherno is slated for series 3, no word on Coyote yet.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Was this song featured here yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EEtGLLDhNY
(it's fascist of course)

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Pyromancer posted:

Was this song featured here yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EEtGLLDhNY
(it's fascist of course)

It hasn't been featured here. Thanks for finding it!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Of course; I am on the side of the kaiju, and we stand for the eternal Idea of communism, where the PPDC resistance endorse only an indistinct notion of organicist solidarity.

Many kaiju sisters may be killed, but the Idea is ineradicable.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
I actually do wonder if Del Toro keeps up to track with more recent entries in the franchises he loved as a kid, and the mecha genre in general, or if there are several decades worth of mecha anime that he so needs to get in on.

Because hey, given the similarities to the Getter Robo Go manga, I am totally down with the man being inspired by the Getter Robo Armageddon series in future.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

PerrineClostermann posted:

Del Toro's a big geek; he's having the time of his life over there. I think he recently went and saw the RX-78 Gundam they have.

e: That's what I get for posting before viewing. He goes to see the damned thing in the first link. These are amazing and seeing him as giddy as I would be is awesome. Thanks.

I like that they talked about the influences a bit, like Cherno Alpha being based off the Zaku (or the various monoeye Zeon mobile suits, like the Zock) and Coyote Tango based off the Guncannon (although it also has elements of Dougram in there as well). I was hoping we'd get confirmation from Del Toro about Gipsy Danger's Mazinger influences: seriously, when I saw that flared collar and the fact the head can separate from the body, I was expecting to see it fly around like Hover/Jet Plider at some point in the film.

\/\/\/ No loving poo poo. Totally expecting that.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 11, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was pretty disappointed the emergency escape thing at the end wasn't just the head literally rocketing off the body.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

How did the novel handle the cafeteria scene after Raleigh beat up Chuck? I would have figured someone in there thought Chuck was a douche and thought Raleigh was cool and offered him a seat or something.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Young Freud posted:

I like that they talked about the influences a bit, like Cherno Alpha being based off the Zaku (or the various monoeye Zeon mobile suits, like the Zock) and Coyote Tango based off the Guncannon (although it also has elements of Dougram in there as well). I was hoping we'd get confirmation from Del Toro about Gipsy Danger's Mazinger influences: seriously, when I saw that flared collar and the fact the head can separate from the body, I was expecting to see it fly around like Hover/Jet Plider at some point in the film.

Add in the (elbow) rocket punch and chest based heat attack. Plus, Gipsy is a fairly round design, like the Mazinger's tend to be.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Hugo Martin talked a bit about the design of Pacific Rim at QuakeCon 2013
http://youtu.be/qVP1Bi-EMJU?t=9m58s (Linked to when he starts on Pacific Rim)

Edit: Crimson Typhoon started as Echo Taipei, then Echo Beijing before finally being named by Del Toro.

Edit2: Apparently Tacit Ronin will be in another graphic novel. I hope that we also see Romeo Blue and Horizon Brave.

Also, on Travis Beacham has talked a bit about Pacific Rim 2 and the Jaegers on his tumblr. He even lists the mark and country of the Jaegers mentioned on the PPDC site.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 12, 2013

A Dirty Sock
Nov 4, 2005

Death to Legoland!
I can only imagine the political furor on either side if they'd gone with Beijing or Taipei for the Chinese jaegar.

Annan
Jun 17, 2012

Level Slide posted:

How did the novel handle the cafeteria scene after Raleigh beat up Chuck? I would have figured someone in there thought Chuck was a douche and thought Raleigh was cool and offered him a seat or something.

Haven't read the novel, but I'm pretty sure the awkwardness in that scene is caused less by the Raleigh/Chuck fight and more by the fact that Raleigh and Mako had just completely failed their test run and nearly blew up the Shatterdome. Mako is standing around hesitantly, too, and she wasn't directly involved in the fight.

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007
SMG, you mentioned the Baby Kaiju as a virgin birth, and I'd like to discuss this a bit further.

Because the baby isn't just a virgin birth. It also dies and is "resurrected" (inasmuch as Newt and Hannibal initially suppose it dead), saves humanity, and unites its nature with that of Man. And this forces me to re-evaluate your claim that this is not a Christian film.

On a Christian reading - one which, I have to admit at the outset, is not at this moment nearly elaborated as well as your own - the Kaiju are not a human or human-equivalent other, but God and His (or, rather, Her) wrath. Their outward form (hideously gigantic undersea monsters) obviously references the divine caprice and primordial chaos as represented by Leviathan and Behemoth. (Leviathan, of course, is related to Tiamat; but whereas in a pagan reading of the film the battle between the Jaegers (Marduk) and Kaiju (Tiamat) recapitulates the male human warrior's victory over primordial female nature, under Jewish or Christian interpretation Leviathan is subordinate to God, and yet also a symbol of what (as said in Job) no human can properly defeat or fathom.)

God's wrath is able to enter the world through sin, in this case, quite literal pollution - perhaps the point would have been much better made if humanity had made at least a cursory attempt to clean up the environment before realizing it was beyond their means. But, regardless, the superficial level on which the main conflict is prosecuted - punching vagina monsters in the face - is also explicitly a failure. In fact it is only through a series of Obviously Symbolic MacGuffins that humanity is saved:

1) the above-mentioned subplot with Newt,

2) Pentecost's (!!!!!!!!!!!) painful choice to sacrifice his only begotten son adopted daughter, though she emerges from her tomb, and again through merging into a composite being with Man,

3) The requirement of the alien DNA to open the rift - in order to stop the outpouring of God's wrath, something of God's own nature is needed in the sacrificial death.

Again, I have to admit some failure in the courage of my convictions here - this is tentative and doesn't explain nearly as much of the data as your own theory, perhaps not even as much as del Toro's implicit public theory. But I can't shake the feeling that it points to something (though I know not fully what yet) actually present in the text.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Also, on Travis Beacham has talked a bit about Pacific Rim 2 and the Jaegers on his tumblr. He even lists the mark and country of the Jaegers mentioned on the PPDC site.

I love how engaged he is with the fans. 3/4s of his posts now are either answering lore questions or posting awesome fanart. It's great.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
:swoon:

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Oligopsony posted:

SMG, you mentioned the Baby Kaiju as a virgin birth, and I'd like to discuss this a bit further.

Because the baby isn't just a virgin birth. It also dies and is "resurrected" (inasmuch as Newt and Hannibal initially suppose it dead), saves humanity, and unites its nature with that of Man. And this forces me to re-evaluate your claim that this is not a Christian film.

On a Christian reading - one which, I have to admit at the outset, is not at this moment nearly elaborated as well as your own - the Kaiju are not a human or human-equivalent other, but God and His (or, rather, Her) wrath. Their outward form (hideously gigantic undersea monsters) obviously references the divine caprice and primordial chaos as represented by Leviathan and Behemoth. (Leviathan, of course, is related to Tiamat; but whereas in a pagan reading of the film the battle between the Jaegers (Marduk) and Kaiju (Tiamat) recapitulates the male human warrior's victory over primordial female nature, under Jewish or Christian interpretation Leviathan is subordinate to God, and yet also a symbol of what (as said in Job) no human can properly defeat or fathom.)

God's wrath is able to enter the world through sin, in this case, quite literal pollution - perhaps the point would have been much better made if humanity had made at least a cursory attempt to clean up the environment before realizing it was beyond their means. But, regardless, the superficial level on which the main conflict is prosecuted - punching vagina monsters in the face - is also explicitly a failure. In fact it is only through a series of Obviously Symbolic MacGuffins that humanity is saved:

1) the above-mentioned subplot with Newt,

2) Pentecost's (!!!!!!!!!!!) painful choice to sacrifice his only begotten son adopted daughter, though she emerges from her tomb, and again through merging into a composite being with Man,

3) The requirement of the alien DNA to open the rift - in order to stop the outpouring of God's wrath, something of God's own nature is needed in the sacrificial death.

Again, I have to admit some failure in the courage of my convictions here - this is tentative and doesn't explain nearly as much of the data as your own theory, perhaps not even as much as del Toro's implicit public theory. But I can't shake the feeling that it points to something (though I know not fully what yet) actually present in the text.

I'd considered that myself, but what stands out to me is that final scene of Ron Perlman crawling out of a wound, demanding his golden shoe.

We all know what the shoe represents. Is it not an obscene punchline to the whole film - most specifically Mako's coping with her trauma? The way each character forms an arm, a leg, etc. - wanting to be 'whole again', wanting society to be 'whole again'?

And of course Perlman's demand for wholeness is in direct opposition to the lesson of baby kaiju Jesus, who he must cut his way out of - leave behind as a moldering corpse. And what is Hannibal Chau if not an avatar of ruthless, amoral capitalism - disavowed by the hero's organization but sustaining its existence?

The imagery of Perlman crawling from the corpse's wound is related to that of the Deacon in Prometheus, and the scene in The Thing where Blair performs an autopsy on the Thing and pulls out a fetal dog. The message is that he is a piece of poo poo with illusions of grandeur - but here he is looking like none other than Mako, with a blade in one hand to make up for his missing shoe.

The final shot really undermines the whole picture - or, rather, reveals it for what it is.

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I'd considered that myself, but what stands out to me is that final scene of Ron Perlman crawling out of a wound, demanding his golden shoe.

We all know what the shoe represents. Is it not an obscene punchline to the whole film - most specifically Mako's coping with her trauma? The way each character forms an arm, a leg, etc. - wanting to be 'whole again', wanting society to be 'whole again'?

And of course Perlman's demand for wholeness is in direct opposition to the lesson of baby kaiju Jesus, who he must cut his way out of - leave behind as a moldering corpse. And what is Hannibal Chau if not an avatar of ruthless, amoral capitalism - disavowed by the hero's organization but sustaining its existence?

The imagery of Perlman crawling from the corpse's wound is related to that of the Deacon in Prometheus, and the scene in The Thing where Blair performs an autopsy on the Thing and pulls out a fetal dog. The message is that he is a piece of poo poo with illusions of grandeur - but here he is looking like none other than Mako, with a blade in one hand to make up for his missing shoe.

The final shot really undermines the whole picture - or, rather, reveals it for what it is.
I read that as a sort of (tragi)comic lesson on resistible grace, much like the stupid dwarves from Lewis' "Last Battle." Hannibal is a satire of the crass atheism that forms the default performance of religious life under late capitalism. He literally can't see God but for the price his guts will fetch on the market (or perhaps we should say gambling for His rags) - the fact that he says this more or less literally should be taken as significant. He is also the one to explicitly dismiss the religious interpretation of the Kaiju given by the masses.

So the scene is Hannibal descending into Hell, I think. He is rendered an incomplete human being (the shoe, natch) through his self-birth (freely chosen exit from) Kaiju Jesus. (Recall his rage at learning of Newt's communion - he'll immanetize the eschaton, bring God down here on our heads, how awful! And naturally he is eaten up not when the creature first stirs but after it surprises him with its resurrection.) And he is not damned by God's wrath but by Her saving grace and love - without new corpses he will lose the opportunities that are his reason for being. (Of course a real capitalist would just reinvest the capital in some other obscene venture, Capital (unlike Christ) being blind to the physical specificity of its bodily form, but this is surely one of those stupid world-level objections, like "why didn't they have Mako first drift in a simulator" or whatever.)

If Hannibal as the shoe implies has a "missing half," who is it? The obvious answer is Newt, the Kierkegaardian Knight of Faith to his crass aestheticism. Newt is a sort of comedy (no tragi-) on irresistible grace; once his faith has found what it seeks no amount of fleeing can keep it from him. (Dr. Gottlieb is clearly not so much Newt's counterpart but the rational side of religious man. That they were named after the two profoundly religious inventors of the calculus should surely not be taken as coincidence! Gottlieb correctly deduces the triune nature of the singular Event, and so on, but needs a leap of faith of his own to join Newt.)

Actually... and I admit this is speculative, perhaps even more so than the rest... but does not Hannibal-Gottlieb-Newton perfectly correspond to the Pauline sarx-psyche-pneuma division of the human person? The Jonah linkages seem blatant as well (Newt is the fugitive prophet, but Hannibal is swallowed up.)

Of course all this Christology seems mostly confined to, or just most evident in, the researchers' comic subplot. Whether this is a case of "choosing the foolish to confound the wise" or the insertion of a satire of Christianity into a profoundly anti-Christian film I can't say. But does any audience member as morally sensitive as del Toro typically is root for anyone so much as poor Newt, who loves God (even, or especially, in Her monstrousness) more than man?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Oligopsony posted:

Christ was also born into the lower class (born in a manger) and put to death by the upper class because He was a threat to their way of life!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I am looking forward to more media that uses this universe. Maybe it would be a smart idea to have it crossover with Godzilla somehow, because at least it brings in something familiar to most people.

Is it me, or does this film seem like the final film in a trilogy? In my overactive, caffeine addled imagination, I am imagining a trilogy that went like this:

Movie 1- Pacific Rim: The Breach. Taking place from 2013-2019. Follows the comic book backstory, with K-day, the origins of Tendo Choi, Stacker Pentecost, et all. We get into the development of the Jaeger program, highlighted by the first victory from Brawler Yukon against Karloff. We also get to see Romeo Blue square off (as the first production-line Jaeger I believe) against a Kaiju, and the climax would be Stacker and Taz piloting Coyote Tango against Onibaba. The battle would be from Stacker, not Mako's perspective, so the events could be fudged since it would be different than Makos memory and make her drift with Raleigh still be significant in the third movie

Movie 2- Pacific Rim: Feral Burst. Taking place from 2019-2024. The second film would start high, showing lots of Jaegers beating the stuffing out of Kaiju, and end low (seeing the Jaegers start losing, the development of the wall). We'd get to see much more of Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon here Making their deaths in the third movie more significant. Maybe they team up with each other and get to Tag Team some Kaiju in the Sea of Japan or something. We'd see the development and deployment of Gypsy Danger, maybe even have the fight with knifehead be in this movie. A lot of Jaegers would get destroyed, but in this case 1.) They wouldn't be super hyped up and 2.) The battles would end much more narrowly for the Kaiju. Maybe the Kaiju kills the Jaeger but then keels over dead itself from its wounds, maybe as soon as the Jaeger is defeated they just nuke the gently caress out of everything in the area.

Movie 3- Pacific Rim: Extinction Event. Pretty much the film we were given, but with the backstory stuff actual content in the previous movies, moving the Gypsy Danger vs Knifehead fight to the second movie. In lieu of this, once again, they could show more footage of other Jaegers, notably how in spite of its age, Cherno Alpha is still chugging along, punching Kaiju in the face as they are fighting a losing battle.

I know it would never happen, but it would be cool to see. I guess I feel like they did so much worldbuilding in this film, but showed us so little of it, it makes me want more. It would be like if the LotR trilogy was crammed into one 90-minute film/novella.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Panfilo posted:

I am looking forward to more media that uses this universe. Maybe it would be a smart idea to have it crossover with Godzilla somehow, because at least it brings in something familiar to most people.

Is it me, or does this film seem like the final film in a trilogy?

This is deliberate. Neither Beachem or Del Toro wanted to do an origin story - instead dropping the audience into the height of events for the overall story. Heck, Beachem even mentions at the start of the comic that he wanted to see if he could make it one of those films where you're dropped in without reference to expanded lore, but still get the gist of things - specifically referencing Han Solo's quip about making the Kessel Run, which gets no exposition, yet you get the idea that this is meant to be impressive in universe (enough that it was also supposed to be downright idiotic for Han to claim, but the power of retcon provided validation).

Funny thing you mentioned LoTR too, since that's itself the final cap on the MASSIVE lore of Middle Earth, as detailed in the Silmarillion. Its just the stories manage to stand enough on their own that you don't really need to know about the bit where Sauron was a bishie.

Oligopsony
May 17, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

Christ was also born into the lower class (born in a manger) and put to death by the upper class because He was a threat to their way of life!
Good catch!

Another thing: Hannibal mentions that naturally the baby didn't have a chance, because the lungs weren't fully developed. IIRC crucifixion kills by respiratory failure, letting your body slowly crush your lungs. At a more metaphorical level there's the traditional symbolic link between respiration and pneuma. Hannibal scoffingly rejects the soul and affirms the finality of death; then the creature immediately confounds his theories.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

I'm nowhere near knowledgeable enough about theology to add anything useful to this discussion, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it and it is quality posting. Maybe this isn't the place to ask, but any chance you could recommend some good texts/authors to learn more about this kind of stuff? I'm much more familiar with political and feminist readings of films, but your post has made me feel like I definitely missed a lot about this movie (and certainly other films too) by not considering the religious aspect enough.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The score really was amazing, like, wow. It was as epic as the Jaeger's themselves.

Astro Nut posted:

This is deliberate. Neither Beachem or Del Toro wanted to do an origin story - instead dropping the audience into the height of events for the overall story.
A lot more movies need to go after this. I mean, not all movies can, but concepts like this aren't hard to understand or explain in a couple of minutes. The same goes double for super hero reboots. Yes, I think we know how Spider-Man/Superman/Batman got their powers and with great responsibility grew up on a Kansas farm blah blah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Didn't Thor start out in medias res and get to the back story in the middle?

Oh no, actually Loki's back story is only revealed later. Sorry.

• Locked thread