Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Ah ok. So the little ripple that I see when it his is the impact arrow shockwave. Got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

a shameful boehner posted:

Also, what does "extending" mean? Is that when you and another player decide to chain a dungeon? I have a few items that apply effects "after extending", but I can't figure out what that means anywhere.

It's when you earn an extra life at specific score levels. The word EXTENDED will appear above your character when it happens.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 13, 2013

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

It's at 30000 on Easy mode and I don't know about the others. Maybe like 80 or 100 on hard, I've hit both but didn't notice anything.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yay I beat normal Ancient Dragon as a 32 AMZ. Protip: the Colosseum is no bueno. I got just flat out no-fun rape-stomped by an elf.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Joined my first online game tonight, definitely hooked. I had two wizzards in a party and thanks to this thread I let them turn the crates into Golems.

How does this game handle parties and whatnot ? If I join with friends do we stay together the whole time ? I played through the mages tower, everyone chose path A but one guy chose B. Does he get moved to another game of people choosing B ?

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
What are some good builds for a support sorceress? It's awesome turning dudes into frogs :getin:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Joined my first online game tonight, definitely hooked. I had two wizzards in a party and thanks to this thread I let them turn the crates into Golems.

How does this game handle parties and whatnot ? If I join with friends do we stay together the whole time ? I played through the mages tower, everyone chose path A but one guy chose B. Does he get moved to another game of people choosing B ?

You'll stay together until you/the other person leaves the party at the end of the stage or quit mid-stage. As far as the paths, I believe majority rules like DD:SOM/TOD did.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You'll stay together until you/the other person leaves the party at the end of the stage or quit mid-stage. As far as the paths, I believe majority rules like DD:SOM/TOD did.

Nah, anyone who picks a separate path from the host just gets dropped into a splinter room where the other players are NPCs.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Emalde posted:

Nah, anyone who picks a separate path from the host just gets dropped into a splinter room where the other players are NPCs.

Ah, OK. I've only been in a few online parties and I've generally seen everyone take the same path.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

gently caress I stomped the hell out of the Ancient Dragon at level 70 and at level 88 I can't get anywhere near beating it. What the hell.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I was playing with a random group. We kicked the living poo poo out of the Chimera and Id like to think I was the final deathblow on that fucker.

One thing I have noticed (to build on what I had posted before on my troubles with the Dwarf) It's hard to properly aim when throwing stuff. I was fighting the Gazer and throwing that conveniently placed boulder and it would miss 2 out of 3 times.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
There are few things as satisfying as scoring the deathblow with the elf's arrow.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Full Battle Rattle posted:

There are few things as satisfying as scoring the deathblow with the elf's arrow.

The Amazon's divekick.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

No goddamned poo poo. :hf: I know there's a lot of groaning about the prevalence of elves online, but this was IMMENSELY SATISFYING against the Gazer.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Thanks for the help beating level 9 of the labyrinth tooooooo_bad. Unfortunately I accidentally sold the Seal of the Conqueror, because it isn't an S item like all the other chaos loot. Now I have to hope he'll drop it again.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

FauxGateau posted:

The Amazon's divekick.

Amazon's Hip Drop on the Killer Rabbit.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
The Ancient Dragon is wrecking my poo poo as a Wizard. Pretty appropriate for a final boss really. I have no idea what to do during his tornados or how I'm supposed to avoid things other than cowering behind the pillars.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Amazon's Hip Drop on the Killer Rabbit.

Then you eat it at camp :smug:

Do we still need to spoiler the boss names? I'm fairly sure everyone's seen them by this point, especially the final boss.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Million Ghosts posted:

The Ancient Dragon is wrecking my poo poo as a Wizard. Pretty appropriate for a final boss really. I have no idea what to do during his tornados or how I'm supposed to avoid things other than cowering behind the pillars.

A lot of his attacks can be dispelled before they actually go off. Hit the sparks hanging in the air before they form into tornados. Same with the slow fireballs that fall from the top of the screen. You can even cancel the big fireballs he spits out if you hit them right as they exit his mouth.

e: Hackan Slash hop back on and I'll do it again with you. Turns out that it goes real quick when you bring an Amazon along. :D

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 13, 2013

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Lunethex posted:

Then you eat it at camp :smug:

Do we still need to spoiler the boss names? I'm fairly sure everyone's seen them by this point, especially the final boss.

I've read the spoilers accidentally but I haven't gotten that far.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Million Ghosts posted:

Comedy answer: Someone mentioned this a little earlier; the single most important thing to know about this fight is that if you hit the lightning sparks a few times before the tornado comes out you will prevent it entirely. None of the rest of his attacks should be dangerous so after that it's just the usual keep him slowed and spam up+o while dodging appropriately. Make sure you pray for more life points, too.

Serious answer: Reroll Amazon or party up with some friends. He was easily the toughest fight on normal for my Wizard with full NPC party at level 35, he's a joke to solo as a level whatever Amazon. The Wizard melts through normal enemies because he can swap around to hit elemental weaknesses and his damage is so bursty, but when boss time rolls around he's way better as support for the Amazon wrecking crew than damage. Slow is the best spell in the game.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Emalde posted:

Max:
Concentrate
Spirit Up
Flame Burst
Storm
Thunderbolt
Levitation
Slow
Meteor Swarm (I only ever play online, and most of the groups I play with have one or more Sorceress[es], which is the only viable way to use this spell when combined with Slow)

Nutritionist 1
Adroit Hands 4
Vitality Boost 5

So nothing in deep pockets? That's interesting. I've been running with Slow, it is a clutch spell. I'm not a fan of fire staves either, though I like it slightly better than ice. I could see fire ward being good but with nothing in deep pockets it seems like a bit of a burden.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Don't you get the points for Deep Pockets back without actually losing the perk when you respec?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

tooooooo bad posted:

Don't you get the points for Deep Pockets back without actually losing the perk when you respec?

No, I don't believe you are refunded those points.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Anyone else getting dropped from random pubbie games really frequently right now? I keep getting timed out and then losing all my progress in hard mode. :(

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
As bad as I want to stay up and play this, I have to be at work rather early tomorrow. However upon my return later tomorrow evening I plan on questing further with my Dwarf Yolanda. We shall learn together.

If anyone else is interested in joining, PSN ID is NavyNerdMatt. I should be on around 8pm eastern.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

yellowcar posted:

Anyone else getting dropped from random pubbie games really frequently right now? I keep getting timed out and then losing all my progress in hard mode. :(

Yeah, it's definitely worse for me today. I gave up and spent the evening doing the solo kill quests.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the sorceress got a scale model

to no one's surprise, sales are very good so far

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 13, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Irony.or.Death posted:

Yeah, it's definitely worse for me today. I gave up and spent the evening doing the solo kill quests.

I've been doing nothing lately but helping newbies out on normal mode (your character and equipment scales to the max level of whatever difficulty you select) and I have never been dropped although for some reason while in decent games I get put in other people's games when going to a new dungeon. Beats me!

Speaking of that I'm willing to help people with stuff on Normal and Hard if you're not having an easy time.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Blendy posted:

So nothing in deep pockets? That's interesting. I've been running with Slow, it is a clutch spell. I'm not a fan of fire staves either, though I like it slightly better than ice. I could see fire ward being good but with nothing in deep pockets it seems like a bit of a burden.

No, everybody maxes Deep Pockets. You can't refund those points either, so it's always leveled once you've put points into it. Sorry, figured that was obvious enough :(

Emalde fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 13, 2013

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

gently caress deep pockets, 3 utility slots is fine.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Emalde posted:

No, everybody maxes Deep Pockets. You can't refund those points either, so it's always leveled once you've put points into it. Sorry, figured that was obvious enough :(

Haha no problem, I was confused since you listed everything but deep pockets. Makes way more sense now.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Tamagod Sushi posted:

What are some good builds for a support sorceress? It's awesome turning dudes into frogs :getin:

I recently respecced mine for blizzard, protection, food and ice prison, but that's because I'm limited as far as multiplayer goes in my area. There's not that much Sorceress chat out there compared to any other class, but don't neglect the support skills that get you mana. On food, take 3 levels in it or max it. I maxed it before the respec but never used all 9 casts, and once you build inventory you can swap bags.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

When getting knocked out of a chain by a connection error it's really the loss of EXP that hurts the most. I need to be 99 to use this stupid broom. I don't know what I'll even be using it on at that point but goddamn it I want to use it! :qq:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
So where's the tier list for this game?

I'm hearing Elf at the top

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Did someone say there was a way to use Grand Slam twice with two hammers...?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

So where's the tier list for this game?

I'm hearing Elf at the top

The one I saw was:
Amazon
Dwarf
Fighter/Sorc
Wizard
Elf

As of the end of Hard I don't think Wizards are significantly less useful than Sorcs in a party setting and I'd say Fighters/Dwarves are just as pointless as Elves. There's probably an argument to be made for soloing nudging them around some, but solo anything other than Amazon seems like you're just slowing yourself down. The ideal party is probably 3xAmazon 1xSorc or 1xWizard depending on whether you're looking at a boss that holds still for Slow or not.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Megalixir posted:

Did someone say there was a way to use Grand Slam twice with two hammers...?

Equip a second axe/hammer. After you use your first grand slam, switch to the second axe/hammer and press down/or press the hotkey if you set it. There, you instantly equipped another hammer and got another grand slam ready to go without waiting for the cooldown. There's an equip cool down though, so you can't do this indefinitely.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

yellowcar posted:

Equip a second axe/hammer. After you use your first grand slam, switch to the second axe/hammer and press down/or press the hotkey if you set it. There, you instantly equipped another hammer and got another grand slam ready to go without waiting for the cooldown. There's an equip cool down though, so you can't do this indefinitely.

Is the grand slam damage divided between weapons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Megalixir posted:

Is the grand slam damage divided between weapons?

It's based on whichever weapon you have equipped currently.

• Locked thread