Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Skills: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3540139&pagenumber=58&perpage=40#post418200351

Level Unlocks, Weapons and Mask Sets: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3540139&pagenumber=62&perpage=40#post418243190

Weapon Stats: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3540139&pagenumber=62&perpage=40#post418244027

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Swagman posted:

Curious as to whats causing the game to apply red and blue lines around objects like some sort of anti aliasing error.
Jumped into the game before I went to work this morning and checked out the safehouse, and it took me a while to figure out what seemed "off" about the graphics.

edit: Liberatores screenshot above shows it pretty well.

Those lines are a result of a stylistic choice for the visuals known as "chromatic aberration". It looks weird at first because it's extremely rarely done in games outside of fan made injectors but I personally really like it. It gives the game a really vivid, authentic visual style.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

I got kicked because I couldn't hear whatever the other three guys were telling me. Why is voice chat so loving quiet?

I have a different voice chat problem. It works just fine for me until I hit the push to talk key. Then everything is turned way, way down so it's near muted and voice chat is amplified, which makes sense. Except the volume never equalizes and I have to crank my volume up to hear anything. It wouldn't be so bad but I keep forgetting to turn it back down when I quit. I nearly blew my speakers out because my volume was turned all the way up. Yeah.

And I just got kicked out of a Overkill Watchdogs after I held an entire flank on my own (they were holed up in the warehouse, I was watching the doorway, stairs and street). A low level dude gets incapped at the start of the second day, we try to save him, fail because he ran into the middle of an overkill assault and the host asks "what the gently caress were you doing over there?" naturally I respond and tell him that we were running bags. You have been kicked from the game. :allears:

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
I just discovered you can use the pager 3 times on day 1 of the frame job and 4 times on day 3 (with the perk).

Managed to stealth it 95% of the way on my own. I needed to get some help throwing 9 money bags on day 2 since it seems an unseen civilian will always phone you in. Day 3 I got a friend to help me with the lasers. Got out with 17 bags for 918k.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WHat is the bonus for Fast Learner?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Welp, just tried a solo (no AI partners) run on a jewelry store to get a feel for the controls/mechanics/etc.

First I figured Casing Mode meant I could walk around and check out the security or something, so I walked in and immediately stared at a guard. A question mark popped up, so naturally I assumed I could initiate dialogue or something to allay his suspicions. Nope! He told me to freeze, so I shot him in the face. Then all these people started screaming and I frantically hit buttons on the keyboard until one made my dude yell at them and they all dropped to the ground. Cool! I thought. Started walking around looking for whatever I was supposed to be stealing, when one guy got up and hit the alarm before running out the door. Apparently the police were soon to arrive and I noticed hovering over civilians gave the option to tie them up. Sure, okay, couldn't hurt. Then I ran around the back room looking for jewels or money or whatever.

Seems like my objective was jewels and they were in the cases back out front, which was now swarming with the fuzz. I picked up one bag and shot a few of them, but decided there were too many, so I bolted out the back, shot out a window, and leapt through it hoping to escape. Except the alleys only lead back out front which now had dudes in armor coming toward me. I unloaded a whole clip into one guy's face, he fell over, but then he got back up and resumed his advance. Deciding that was not the place to be, I jumped back through the window and discovered I also had an assault rifle in my possession. As I had few options left, I figured the best course of action would be to run out the front door spraying as many cops as possible with bullets and hope I could locate my getaway car. I got shot a bunch and went down, but I could still fire back and took out two or three more before they finally killed me and the heist failed.

And this is why I decided to try things out by myself before joining other people. :downs:

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009
:toot: Did the last day of Framing Frames on stealth with friends. It was very frustrating but we eventually figured out a system that worked well. We did however spend 15 minutes looking for the last drat item to steal. Managed to intimidate one guard, the other four we stalked and killed, before body bagging them and throwing them in the closet.

None of us could figure out how to do the fusion generator thing before the cops overwhelmed us on the Big Oil job. The one video I found on it was a pubbie silently just taking one random fusion generator and running off with it :confused: I tried to figure out a pattern with the color of the bottles of crap hooked up to the generators but nothing quite made sense. Maybe it was because people bagged a couple of the generators instantly.

Zudrag fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 14, 2013

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Bocc Kob posted:

Welp, just tried a solo (no AI partners)

Wait, you can turn off the ai partners?

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:
Is that LUA script stuff with real numbers on skills from the old thread on a pastebin or anything? It should be in the OP, I'm not seeing it. Did the gun numbers ever get decrypted?

Also can anyone confirm or deny whether there's any point to killing cameras once stealth is blown? Wondering if it's like Payday 1 where they help cops know where you're at, but I haven't really felt like that's the case.

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011

Fibby Boy posted:

Wait, you can turn off the ai partners?

You can, but only when you first create a lobby for some reason. You can't turn them off after a failed attempt or even when selecting a new heist from within a lobby, oddly.

Inzombiac posted:

WHat is the bonus for Fast Learner?

I think it's 10% extra XP for you, and Aced is 10% for the crew, including yourself, and those stack so you'll get 20%.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Have someone stay behind and constantly use the cameras mashing F on every screen, this will highlight the items you need and any guards for everyone, which makes the item hunting alot less unbearable.

When using cameras enemies and things should automatically highlight without needing to press F all the time, at least that's the case for the Bank, haven't done the cameras personally on FF.

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

What do you mean I'm not on the list?

ExMortis posted:

Is that LUA script stuff with real numbers on skills from the old thread on a pastebin or anything? It should be in the OP, I'm not seeing it. Did the gun numbers ever get decrypted?

http://privatepaste.com/b9278dff81
http://www.privatepaste.com/5b4e08ecc0

These are the two links I saw in the previous thread but it's been a week since then and there was never any confirmation the numbers were right.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

gently caress Framing Frames Day 3.

It's those loving monster closet spawns. Most if not all all other maps, have the cops spawn far away from the points of interest and then come climbing in windows or something. In Frames 3, there's an elevator, a literal monster closet and a staircase that act as spawn points barely 5 hyperbolic meters away from the two doors you have to open on the bottom floor. It's just bad design. You're occasionally forced to use that staircase, and you better pray that a squad of FBI guys don't come from below and from the elevator at the same time when you do.

It Rats worked the same way, you'd have cops spawning inside the meth lab cooking area instead of coming from the windows and stairs.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 14, 2013

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My friend and I were doing Firestarter, and he decided to open up one of the safety deposit boxes while waiting for the money to burn.

:c00lbert:
I cannot fathom how loving absurdly lucky we got.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

ExMortis posted:

Also can anyone confirm or deny whether there's any point to killing cameras once stealth is blown? Wondering if it's like Payday 1 where they help cops know where you're at, but I haven't really felt like that's the case.

Liberatore posted on the top of this page and I just added it to the OP too!

e: And Sloane posted it too apparently. Getting beat around like a poor civilian.

furaxu
Oct 23, 2010

fennesz posted:

I have a different voice chat problem. It works just fine for me until I hit the push to talk key. Then everything is turned way, way down so it's near muted and voice chat is amplified, which makes sense. Except the volume never equalizes and I have to crank my volume up to hear anything. It wouldn't be so bad but I keep forgetting to turn it back down when I quit. I nearly blew my speakers out because my volume was turned all the way up. Yeah.

Wild guess. Try right-clicking the speaker in the system tray, click on Sounds, go to Communications and set it to "Do Nothing" if it isn't already.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Xaris posted:

Voice chat in this game is REALLY hosed up. If anyone has a solution, let me know. Everyone sounds quiet to me despite having it boosted and turning everything else down.

Honestly, once I turn down the music and game volume nearly all the way down and turn voice all the way up it's fine for me. Make sure Windows isn't loving around with your volumes when it detects communication activity. The post above mine tells you how to check that.

That being said, use Mumble.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
So I'm pretty sure the cards at the end of the missions are total bullshit. At the end of a mission, I had ~990,000 spending cash available after the mission paid out. As soon as it got to the card screen, I got the achievement for having a million spending cash on hand. My card? A $16,000 cash card, and sure enough I had ~1,006,000 at the lobby. Either their achievements are really bad at reading a simple number, or like I suspected, it's predetermined what you get in the cards.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So what are the Inside Man specific assets? I haven't seen any that aren't available normally so far.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

So I'm pretty sure the cards at the end of the missions are total bullshit. At the end of a mission, I had ~990,000 spending cash available after the mission paid out. As soon as it got to the card screen, I got the achievement for having a million spending cash on hand. My card? A $16,000 cash card, and sure enough I had ~1,006,000 at the lobby. Either their achievements are really bad at reading a simple number, or like I suspected, it's predetermined what you get in the cards.

Holy poo poo. I knew it calculated XP well in advance, but this is some ol' bullshit.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
Really wish we could straight up select missions from Crime.Net.

Level 40 and still yet to see Big Oil. :(

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

N is for Nipples posted:

Holy poo poo. I knew it calculated XP well in advance, but this is some ol' bullshit.

Is it? Like it gives you the illusion of choice but it's not like you can make an educated decision based on what they give you (the three identical backs of cards).

e: I guess it's less fun if you can't see what you narrowly avoided or could have had, but still. It's not really unfair. I can't imagine that's how it works, though.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Is it? Like it gives you the illusion of choice but it's not like you can make an educated decision based on what they give you (the three identical backs of cards).

e: I guess it's less fun if you can't see what you narrowly avoided or could have had, but still. It's not really unfair. I can't imagine that's how it works, though.

It makes me feel better because now I know that my hideous luck is only slightly determinant of what I get. The Dillenger Death mask isn't under those cards I didn't pick, nothing is. :3:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Think ya might be spending too much time thinking about what "random" cards you are all getting, from a computer game programmed by humans

:tinfoil:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Grapplejack posted:

It makes me feel better because now I know that my hideous luck is only slightly determinant of what I get. The Dillenger Death mask isn't under those cards I didn't pick, nothing is. :3:

Yeah, I've been picking middle row cards exclusively so I wouldn't feel bummed out about missing the "best" card in the line-up. It's good to hear that it doesn't matter which one you pick.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

furaxu posted:

Wild guess. Try right-clicking the speaker in the system tray, click on Sounds, go to Communications and set it to "Do Nothing" if it isn't already.

Hot drat. This worked. I googled a few things related to Payday 2 but I've never had a problem with voip with any other games. Never thought it could be my speaker configuration.

Thank you kindly :tipshat:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I'm new to the series and have been doing AI runs to get a feel for everything. I'm told I can use an ECM to bypass a keycard door, like the one in the nightclub, but I can't seem to figure out how. Do I need to upgrade my perks to do this?

Fun game, though. :toot:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I think that this thread really needs a more complete title. Payday 2: Kill Cops. Get money.

Capn Beeb posted:

Fun game, though. :toot:

Add me on Steam Beeb. http://steamcommunity.com/id/fennesz_/

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

fennesz posted:

I think that this thread really needs a more complete title. Payday 2: Kill Cops. Get money.
Payday 2: I Fixed that loving Drill Three Seconds Ago

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm new to the series and have been doing AI runs to get a feel for everything. I'm told I can use an ECM to bypass a keycard door, like the one in the nightclub, but I can't seem to figure out how. Do I need to upgrade my perks to do this?

Yeah, ECM's don't unlock keycard doors until you upgrade them in Ghost's skill tree. This trivializes the hardest part of doing nightclub stealthily.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Big Oil's second day is absolute poo poo if you don't know what you're doing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

Big Oil's second day is absolute poo poo if you don't know what you're doing.

Lesson learned today: don't do Big Oil if you can't stealth day 1. Seriously.

Especially don't try to do it as a Pro job the first ever time you try the mission. :negative:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
After playing beta a lot and playing release up to lvl 30 I have only once run into a lovely team of pubbies. Every other match has straight up been friendly, competent and fun. And even mostly use mics! (I also play exclusively on Overkill or very Hard)

I have to assume there's quite a bit of hyperbole and elitism in the "gently caress pubbies, Goon superiority" posts, but then again it could be a reporting bias and the vast majority are getting good pubbies and don't have reason to complain?

I dunno, I don't seem to see a huge problem that others are saying there is, but I tend to find the "pubbie problem" is usually greatly exaggerated anyway - there's no reason to believe that being able to spend $10 on a forum account makes someone a more competent player anyway.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Damage values from the beta data posted top of the page. The data anuj found doesn't have any clues to damage falloff, except for shotguns which do have variable damage with range.

I'm surprised the UAR is the same damage as the CAR4 and holy poo poo look at the Crosskill, it's got assault rifle damage.

JP36 and AK5 could be awful unless they can be modded to laser accuracy and super low recoil. Which is still awful.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Aug 14, 2013

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

So the random moment is there, it's just occurs before the cards are shown and you click on them. Guess what, it's exactly the same. The computer doesn't really need you to click on poo poo to make a random choice.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
The Enforcer's super armour is hilarious; you can basically ignore anything weaker than a heavy SWAT because of how much damage you can absorb. :allears:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Carecat posted:

JP36 and AK5 could be awful unless they can be modded to laser accuracy and super low recoil. Which is still awful.

So.. is that damage per shot? dps? recoil?

What?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Turin Turambar posted:

So the random moment is there, it's just occurs before the cards are shown and you click on them. Guess what, it's exactly the same. The computer doesn't really need you to click on poo poo to make a random choice.
This is how videogames have done random "selections" since at least Super Mario Bros. 3 because that's the illusion people prefer. Spoiler: videogames are all smoke and mirrors.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Aug 14, 2013

Rupert of Hentzau
Nov 23, 2005
Victim of gross furniture discourtesy.

N is for Nipples posted:

All gacha mechanics ever do this, the card flip/rare egg machine/whatever thing that gives you the "choice" is just a fancy wrapper.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Mr Scumbag posted:

I have to assume there's quite a bit of hyperbole and elitism in the "gently caress pubbies, Goon superiority" posts, but then again it could be a reporting bias and the vast majority are getting good pubbies and don't have reason to complain?

Only now you have noticed it? It's just a meme dude. ;)

It doesn't make sense in first place. If a goon plays in a public game, he is a pubbie. Does that mean that then his skills magically lower?

And if a pubbie joins SA, so he turns a "goon", does he magically improves in videogames?
Hint: it doesn't really work like that.

Never mind that the exact same sentece "pubbies are bad, in X we are so much better" is used not only by goons, but by other communities.

The real difference is playing with 4 people with voice comms vs playing with no voice comms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple20
Aug 16, 2005

In the end I guess it's easy after all

Turin Turambar posted:

So.. is that damage per shot? dps? recoil?

What?

Additionally, how much damage can various enemies take?

• Locked thread