Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007
The one girl with "headmates" I've known had like, a living space in her head that she could describe in detail - her own house, a street, other houses where the other headmates lived, etc. Anyway yeah her headmates fought all the time. Two of them were mortal enemies, a demon and a figment of her real-life (internet) boyfriend's psyche or something. The demon knocked her up in headspace but I have no idea if that was consensual or not. She then had twin headmate babies who actually came out about four or five years old, and found out that one of the twins was the boyfriend-figment's because he didn't have glowing red eyes.

This was pre-tumblr and seven years ago so who knows what she's doing now. Have you ever had to console a fifteen-year-old virgin over the miscarriage they suffered on some kind of astral plane? HEADMATES.

e: this was one of the first results when I googled headmates.

doubleedit: how could I forget? I was writing this in response to the concept of dead headmate's corpses piling up in there and yeah, the boyfriend figment killed another dude over something. Iirc she told me he'd set him up to be bitten by a snake. So there are also snakes in headspace.

Silly Hippie has a new favorite as of 14:20 on Aug 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

SynthOrange posted:

All of y'all in favour of this motion, say aye.

What do you mean, y'all people?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Context: The guy plays a character in Game of Thrones who are a bit unlikable.

Silly Hippie posted:

Headmate soap opera

I kind of wish they use their imagination for something more productive. Like, you know, memes. Or building memory palaces.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm sorry to continue this, but is there really a problem with saying "you all"? Not y'all, "you all"? As in the sentence, "That decision would be up to you all."

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

cheerfullydrab posted:

I'm sorry to continue this, but is there really a problem with saying "you all"? Not y'all, "you all"? As in the sentence, "That decision would be up to you all."

There's no problem with that sentence, but it's less awkward if you say 'all of you' instead.

Rene Rancourt has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Aug 15, 2013

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

cheerfullydrab posted:

Say y'all, like these fokes:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

cheerfullydrab posted:

"You all" is slightly, slightly different than a plural you would be. A plural you in that sentence "That decision would be up to you(s)," would mean that multiple people have to decide, but not necessarily all of the people present. "You all" implies that every single person is involved.

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Modern Day Hercules posted:

"You all" is slightly, slightly different than a plural you would be. A plural you in that sentence "That decision would be up to you(s)," would mean that multiple people have to decide, but not necessarily all of the people present. "You all" implies that every single person is involved.

Correct. The difference is between "y'all", which can be partially exclusive, and "all y'all", which is definitely inclusive. None of this is a joke; linguistics is a bizarre field.

edit: wikipedia's got us covered:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y%27all

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Sometimes I think this forum needs a Tumblr mock thread, but then I remember what happened to the Idiots On The Internet thread. I know we can't have nice things because people ruin them, but apparently we can't have mean things either.

So what did happen? I'm guessing it got huggy-feely-ied to death, but I missed it.

TheNothingNew has a new favorite as of 17:14 on Aug 15, 2013

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

TheNothingNew posted:

Correct. The difference is between "y'all", which can be partially exclusive, and "all y'all", which is definitely inclusive. None of this is a joke; linguistics is a bizarre field.

edit: wikipedia's got us covered:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y%27all

So what did happen? I'm guessing it got huggy-feely-ied to death, but I missed it.

People turned every page into a contest on who could be the most confused, disgusted, or annoyed by otherkin/pedophiles/etc while doing as little contributing to posting mockable things as possible

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The Scottish youse already solves this "problem".

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

Carecat posted:

Haha, was just about to post that. People use this form in Scotland all the time.

Icelandic (and I imagine many other languages) also has a second-person plural form. Super useful.

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

People turned every page into a contest on who could be the most confused, disgusted, or annoyed by otherkin/pedophiles/etc while doing as little contributing to posting mockable things as possible

Sounds like the weird fan art thread. Except it's easy to contribute some half assed poo poo because you can just type sonic into deviantart.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Carecat posted:

Or the New Yorker version "youse guys"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

David Pratt posted:

Haha, was just about to post that. People use this form in Scotland all the time.

Icelandic (and I imagine many other languages) also has a second-person plural form. Super useful.

Yup, most languages other than English have that.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I feel bad for that kid. I think he should do a TV show with Vincent Kartheiser where they are just hated by everyone arbitrarily.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Dusseldorf posted:

I feel bad for that kid. I think he should do a TV show with Vincent Kartheiser where they are just hated by everyone arbitrarily.

He probably digs that people hate his character so passionately. It's a sign of a job well done, I would think. I'm guessing most people don't get him confused with his character. But I'm onboard with your show idea.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know I've never seen the show and think the guy's a douchebag. He just looks like a douchebag.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Jellymouth posted:

In his sunken house at Bikini Bottom, dead Spongebob waits, dreaming.

How did he get a popsicle at an ATM?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

xtal posted:

I don't know I've never seen the show and think the guy's a douchebag. He just looks like a douchebag.

It's literally his job to look like a douchebag. He gets big fat stacks of cash for looking like a douchebag. His career was launched on looking like a douchebag. He's the Joe Satriani of looking like a douchebag.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bored posted:

He probably digs that people hate his character so passionately. It's a sign of a job well done, I would think. I'm guessing most people don't get him confused with his character. But I'm onboard with your show idea.

"The Guardian posted:

For instance, he says, he'd met a woman the previous night and they'd talked for 10 minutes, before she had asked him the inevitable question: "How do I know your face?"

Kartheiser had no option but to own up. "I said, 'I'm that guy Pete Campbell in the TV show Mad Men.'"

And then it started. Kartheiser shrugs, resigned: "She said, 'Oh my God, I loving hate you.' And I go, 'Well, you mean you hate my character.' She said, 'No, it's more than that. When you come on the screen, I don't want to be in the room. It's a completely physical thing. You make my flesh creep. I loathe you.'" Kartheiser laughs a little wildly. "I mean, where do you go from there?"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Second page of the withdrawal menu. Out of network ATM fees may apply.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Phlegmish posted:

Yup, most languages other than English have that.

I still want this wallet more than anything else in my life.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Sounds like it would help him avoid dating crazy people

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

Sounds like it would help him avoid dating crazy people

Some crazy people. Then you have the crazy people who worship villains, that's the kind of crazy you don't even wanna mess with.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Spectral Werewolf posted:

That's a weird acronym for a gas pump.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Okonner posted:

That's a weird acronym for a gas pump.

It looks too nice to be anything at a gas station.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Dusseldorf posted:

Vincent Kartheiser

He has the added bonus of being one of the most loathed characters on Angel, too. Connor and Pete, man. I hope he gets a sunshine and happiness, swell guy role after Mad Men.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Male Man posted:

It's literally his job to look like a douchebag. He gets big fat stacks of cash for looking like a douchebag. His career was launched on looking like a douchebag. He's the Joe Satriani of looking like a douchebag.

He's hard to hate after you see him out of character. I actually kind of regret finding this because it clashes with how much I love hating him on GOT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShgSRsYY3WM

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

He's hard to hate after you see him out of character. I actually kind of regret finding this because it clashes with how much I love hating him on GOT.

Holy poo poo, he's Irish! It'd be really hard to hate Joffrey if he had that voice.

Political Whores has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Aug 15, 2013

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lay off Joffery jerks!
https://vine.co/v/hazrdLdgZpm

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He comes from Gotham, its not his fault he's all hosed up now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

NESguerilla posted:

Haha! That kid is awesome.

IMDB posted:

Is a co-founder of Collapsing Horse, a production company. "Monster/Clock: A Play on Time" was the recent puppet production performed at the Smock Alley Theatre in Dubin, Spring, 2012. He was the puppeteer for the lead character, Toby.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
RE "You all vs y'all": The answer for multiple y'alls is yinz.

Ok Fella posted:

I did and it led me to this:

Yous are crazy as hell.

"We are" a :words: "who is"?

I would think at least one of the people in your head knows proper grammar.

Captain Trips has a new favorite as of 21:56 on Aug 15, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
These pictures are from an old Nation Geographic book I found at a thrift-store called The Universe. It had a small, weird, chapter on what alien life might look like on different planets/moons in our solar system:

Butt-rocket, shrimp-trout eating dogs from Titan

A Martian Ear-Egg-Bird

Green speed-skaters from Europa

Ice-urchin's from Pluto, and another species of rear end-blaster, this time a trash-eating troll from Venus (I'm getting a Weird Science vibe here.)

Wyven's from Jupiter and their prey, the living hot-air balloon.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
That book is awesome as Hell. Spent so many hours pouring through it as a kid.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ah, those come up all the time in yospos (I think you posted them maybe) and every time I see them I want a pet fishimander. :3:

e: those are the red things in the first image, looks like these ones are cropped

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Sagebrush posted:

Ah, those come up all the time in yospos (I think you posted them maybe)

Nope. I don't go to YOSPOS. There are a few goons with Zoidberg avatars, though. Might have been one of them.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Vanderdeath posted:

I still want this wallet more than anything else in my life.

Are you sure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

All of y'all in favour of this motion, say aye.

"Y'all" gets too much hate for being southern and not enough respect for being useful.

• Locked thread