Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lotish posted:

That happens so fast it looks like a cartoon.

Anyone familiar with the sport able to identify his mistake? It looks like he let go too soon or it slipped out of his hands?

I think its obvious that his biggest mistake is when he let the pole hit him in the face.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lotish posted:

Anyone familiar with the sport able to identify his mistake? It looks like he let go too soon or it slipped out of his hands?

His arc is too steep too fast.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
BITCH!

Lotish posted:

granny vaultin

not double jumping like he should

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Effectively trapped.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Astrobastard posted:

I'm pretty sure it was not long after an SC2 stream finished that people jumped over and caught a DOTA2 highlight reel.

Bloody hell, I almost never see replays with so many units; do you have a source for that one?

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Never thought I'd say this about a Michael Bay film, but I really enjoyed Pain & Gain. The whole cast was good, but Rock was just fantastic. :allears:

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.

Metanaut posted:

The whole cast was good, but Rock was just fantastic. :allears:

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

To the baseball fans: this counts as a strike, right?

source.

toanoradian has a new favorite as of 00:17 on Aug 19, 2013

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

toanoradian posted:

To the baseball fans: this counts as a strike, right?

Since he contacted the ball with the bat, and it was technically heading back into foul territory, and the catcher caught it before it hit the ground, that would be an out, right? I don't follow baseball too much, but that seems to be one way to interpret things.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

JaysonAych posted:

Since he contacted the ball with the bat, and it was technically heading back into foul territory, and the catcher caught it before it hit the ground, that would be an out, right? I don't follow baseball too much, but that seems to be one way to interpret things.

Uh... no. It looks like he misses the ball entirely. Even if he did tip it straight back into the catcher's mitt is just a strike--a typical foul tip. According to MLB, "a foul tip is a batted ball that goes sharp and direct from the bat to the catcher’s hands and is legally caught. It is not a foul tip unless caught and any foul tip that is caught is a strike, and the ball is in play. It is not a catch if it is a rebound, unless the ball has first touched the catcher’s glove or hand... A strikeis a legal pitch when so called by the umpire, which...(g) Becomes a foul tip." A foul tip is just a strike.

The real issue is that he isn't holding the bat when the swing is "completed" (and if he contacts the ball).

There is no MLB rule that disallows throwing the bat at the ball. Even though the play is totally stupid, it is totally within the rule. Some people might argue that rule 6.05(h) applies, but that only matters once contact is actually made with the ball.

edit: boring post, so have some baseball gifs.

joshtothemaxx has a new favorite as of 00:50 on Aug 19, 2013

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

Otters are the cutest thing in the world

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

See the guy in the middle, with the headset and tie? I used to have that job (not for that team). This sort of thing happens more often than you'd think.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

edit:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Are those the coaches yelling at each other? I wonder why hockey teams are on the same side of the rink whereas in most other sports the teams are on opposite sides. There are so many good things about this gif. The kid on the left side making a gesture towards the other team, the girl in blue filming the coaches, the girl front and center with a poo poo eating grin, the coaches buddy on the right holding his arm so he doesnt fall.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Cage posted:

Are those the coaches yelling at each other? I wonder why hockey teams are on the same side of the rink whereas in most other sports the teams are on opposite sides. There are so many good things about this gif. The kid on the left side making a gesture towards the other team, the girl in blue filming the coaches, the girl front and center with a poo poo eating grin, the coaches buddy on the right holding his arm so he doesnt fall.

Yep, the game got heated in the final minutes with a big brawl breaking out on the ice and even the coaches were getting into it. Here's a (pretty long) video of the incident, which also includes a Penguins fan with a Hulk Hogan mustache antagonizing the Flyers bench:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ1l9Po99Jo

Here's a similar situation where former Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff tries to climb the bench but falls off, and rinkside commentator Rob Ray's mic stayed live the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACK_fFVfbfk

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lincoln posted:

See the guy in the middle, with the headset and tie? I used to have that job (not for that team). This sort of thing happens more often than you'd think.

You were a commentator for NBC sports/TSN? He's a legendary weirdo in Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5zXLZHGI4

Watch from 1:45 if just invasion of personal space is not weird enough for you

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

For those wondering what is going on here.

Knuckleball

I play Goalie in a ball hockey league, between these and the people who can curve a shot three feet, I'd rather try and stop the curve. At least I can predict where the loving shot is going to go.

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

been watching some gundam

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Fridtjof Nansen posted:

been watching some gundam

I swear a stiff breeze would ignite a Leo.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Is there a video of this? I'd love to hear Taylor's screaming alongside this.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Aericura has a new favorite as of 07:25 on Aug 19, 2013

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

:aaa: did she actually mean to do that? If so, that's cool as hell.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Her standing up and adjusting her belt all nonchalant-like is hilarious.

Renoistic has a new favorite as of 12:55 on Aug 19, 2013

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Hydrolith posted:

:aaa: did she actually mean to do that? If so, that's cool as hell.

It would depend on the rules of the competition. It's either a very well executed wheel kick (has several names depending on where you learn it) which probably got her the win, or a hilarious mistaken dodge that probably got her a loss by disqualification. Lots of martial arts tournaments use red flags to signify a point or win.

edit: she's got a red tag on the back of her belt, so the scorekeeper's flag is showing that she's the one who got a point (his other flag is white, for the other woman).

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
She has a red band on her back, so I'm guessing the red flag means she at least scored points. Or got disqualified :v:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Here's a wider gif as the one I posted had a better face impact zoom:

So now you can see the other judge too. Investigation can continue.

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sa6W8JNmWI

Palpek has a new favorite as of 13:13 on Aug 19, 2013

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
^^^^ Looks like Kyokushin karate (or some similar variant).
It's full contact, but they forbid punches to the head. Kicks are allowed, so that was a perfectly valid win by knockout.

Lotish posted:

Anyone familiar with the sport basic physics able to identify his mistake? It looks like he let go too soon or it slipped out of his hands?
Yes.

Nektu has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Aug 19, 2013

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

It would be funny if it weren't so true :smith:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Do you have it?

GUTS!

Zeether has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Aug 19, 2013

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Knuckleballs are so great when the pitcher has a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkydue
Nov 22, 2008
NWS cartoon turtle dicks.

• Locked thread