Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
It's just a game guys, calm down.

I'm on duty tomorrow.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Welp, it's 4 AM in my part of the world, and now I'm wondering if I should try to get a few hours of sleep or just stay awake and wait until the game unlocks. I think I'll try the former because I'd rather not feel like a zombie all day, though I don't expect to actually get any sleep at this point.

Why in the gently caress am I so excited about a video game?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

Why in the gently caress am I so excited about a video game?

I was originally appeasing myself by saying "hey at least it'll get here on my day off" but I'm so much more psyched about it getting here tomorrow you have no idea.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm not proud of this.

But he doesn't care.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

I already have the preload sitting on C. What I mean was when it unlocks, does the usual install options thing come up? And then I can tell it to install elsewhere?
You should be able to specify where the game installs once it unlocks. The encrypted temp files are just downloaded to the Steam directory for preload purposes. Whether they'll allow that to be changed at some point in the future is anybody's guess.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

My body is literally ready for this game.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Midnight digital releases always remind me that I'm horrible about figuring out time zone differences (compounded by Daylight Savings Times alterations and websites that really don't work well on mobile devices), and that it would be awesome if Google had one of those "type in a time and zone and tell me what time it is for me" features.

Annoyance edit: gently caress it: I'm in Chicago. According to my phone, I'm in CDT. When does this game unlock for me?

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 20, 2013

HappyLittleRobot
Feb 15, 2012

Bovineicide posted:

Please tell me you uploaded these on PC.

Oh, Yes I did. Justice friends be Here.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Welp, off to sleep and work 8 hours before I can dip into this. :smithicide:

Godspeed you, early goons! :patriot:

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Does anyone have a link to a president Camacho for SR4 from Idiocracy? I feel he is the one true character to play as and I'm terrible at creating characters.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

It's just a game guys, calm down.

I'm on duty tomorrow.

:smith:

:smith::hf::smith: Same here, pal.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

MisterBibs posted:

Midnight digital releases always remind me that I'm horrible about figuring out time zone differences (compounded by Daylight Savings Times alterations and websites that really don't work well on mobile devices), and that it would be awesome if Google had one of those "type in a time and zone and tell me what time it is for me" features.

Annoyance edit: gently caress it: I'm in Chicago. According to my phone, I'm in CDT. When does this game unlock for me?

That's 11 PM Chicago, or about two hours and ten minutes from now (what's up timezone buddy!).

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

MisterBibs posted:

If everything works right, it should be at 11pm for you.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Of course unlocking the preload will probably take a while. Anyone know if having the preload on a SSD will speed it up?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Look at you guys with midnight launches and such. I have to work a full 10 hours tomorrow before I can play it.

:(

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

cheesetriangles posted:

Of course unlocking the preload will probably take a while. Anyone know if having the preload on a SSD will speed it up?

Possibly, but probably not unless it's vs a pretty dirty mechanical drive. Volition's pretty good about not dividing the game into 50,000 files, and SR3 ran better off a not-SSD than 2 did.

TWO HOUR WARNING.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

MisterBibs posted:

Holy poo poo - people seriously can't figure this out?? I mean, not to (entirely) be a dick but... how old are you?

I see this in game-release threads all the time these days and it blows my mind that people can't figure out timezones.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I sadly won't play it until Amazon delivers it to my house. Let's hope it's not tomorrow evening. At least I'll get a tacky dubstep gun too.

Its that time
Nov 8, 2011
drat it, I caved in and bought it. I blame life, society and my education for this!

And gently caress it, I'm staying awake to play it in two hours. I had so much fun with the SR3, I'm sure this will be a blast.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Possibly, but probably not unless it's vs a pretty dirty mechanical drive. Volition's pretty good about not dividing the game into 50,000 files, and SR3 ran better off a not-SSD than 2 did.

TWO HOUR WARNING.

I think they were asking if an SSD would speed-up the decryption process. The answer to that is potentially yes, but if the activation server is getting hammered the fastest drive in the world wont help you.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Does anyone know if Greenmangaming is going to put out the key for the game or do I have to wait until midday tomorrow?

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001

Spikeguy posted:

Does anyone know if Greenmangaming is going to put out the key for the game or do I have to wait until midday tomorrow?

I got my key from GMG after ordering it earlier today. I've already put it into Steam and preloaded even.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Spikeguy posted:

Check your e-mail. My key wasn't on my account but they e-mailed it to me already.

Archaotic
Aug 12, 2008
Got my Steam copy all preloaded and ready to go. I never finished the third game, but I think I'm ready for Not Crackdown 3 to replace the acidic taste Crackdown 2 left in my mouth all those years ago.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Uh, did anyone else's preloads suddenly disappear?

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

Holy poo poo - people seriously can't figure this out?? I mean, not to (entirely) be a dick but... how old are you?

I see this in game-release threads all the time these days and it blows my mind that people can't figure out timezones.
It's also simple as hell to just look up the current time in whatever time zone and compare against your own to figure out when the game's release time is for you. But I guess that's too much for some people. :effort:

^^^ e: Also nope, everything looks good here.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 20, 2013

Bar Mitzvah
Feb 24, 2009
I'm close to preordering, but I'm worried that I'm gonna get burned by being an Nvidia owner. Has anyone heard anything about a driver update?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dillweed posted:

You should be able to specify where the game installs once it unlocks. The encrypted temp files are just downloaded to the Steam directory for preload purposes. Whether they'll allow that to be changed at some point in the future is anybody's guess.

Awesome, I was hoping this was the case. Thanks. Now just more waiting.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bar Mitzvah posted:

I'm close to preordering, but I'm worried that I'm gonna get burned by being an Nvidia owner. Has anyone heard anything about a driver update?

I would assume it should work for us Nvidia owners fine, I don't think they changed that much. Performance might suffer a little, hopefully my 650 TI Boost should be able to handle it. It plays SRTT like a champ.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 20, 2013

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is there a problem for Nvidia cards? Or is it all worrying over nothing?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
90 minutes and I still can't sleep, hahaha holy poo poo, it's like I'm 13 years old all over again. :haw:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

poptart_fairy posted:

90 minutes and I still can't sleep, hahaha holy poo poo, it's like I'm 13 years old all over again. :haw:

I haven't been this excited since I convinced my friend to skip school one day to pick up Wind Waker from the local mall and somehow convince my mom that school had a half-day.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

Top left graph. Developers tend to tune for Nvidia cards for a reason, even if they're rocking an AMD badge on their splash screen.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

cheesetriangles posted:

Is there a problem for Nvidia cards? Or is it all worrying over nothing?

TDR. Basically the display driver failed spectacularly after X idle time or under unpredictable circumstance Y for a good six months.

It's more or less worked around (or at least doesn't cause unrecoverable damage anymore) in drivers on most cards in 326.41 and a proper fix should be available from nV in a few days.

But for now it'll still make Saints Row IV feel boss.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are there difficulty based cheeves, or is it all to do with the stuff you earn through activities, missions, etc?

Inzombiac posted:

I haven't been this excited since I convinced my friend to skip school one day to pick up Wind Waker from the local mall and somehow convince my mom that school had a half-day.

You are the charismatic friend I needed on FF7's release date. :allears:

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I just hope that the missions in SR4 aren't as disconnected from each other as they were in SR3

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I just hope there is a mission half as good as Deckers Die.

Also anyone know if PC version gets the presidential masks? Steam page doesn't mention anything about it.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

MisterBibs posted:

and that it would be awesome if Google had one of those "type in a time and zone and tell me what time it is for me" features.

Why don't you try to Google for "eastern us time" and see what it shows you.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Behonkiss posted:

Leaving for Gamestop in less than an hour. Hopefully talking to the people there and bringing my 3DS will help the last two hours pass fast.

None of my local Gamestops are doing a midnight release. Portland :argh:

Meaning that, with work, I'll be starting about eighteen hours behind the majority of you fuckers. Smack some aliens in the crotch with the butt of a shotgun for me :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I tried to get some sleep but couldn't (mostly I spent the time thinking of ways the SRTT DLC could have been better :spergin:), so gently caress it, I'm staying awake and ready to play this poo poo as soon as it unlocks.

• Locked thread