Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Don't forget to clone your royal griffens and/or demonologists too. Any unit with a "summon a stack of some other thing you can let tank for you" rules that game because the AI always targets the summons first.

<edit> Maybe I did this through hallucinate rather than rune mages. I can't remember anymore.

Lakitu7 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

socialsecurity posted:

Stack up unused runes, clone your paladin stack so they can rez/give out even more free attacks then death laser everything. Rune Mages are the best unit in the game.

Question about this. The clone ability is random, I don't get to pick what to clone. How do I do this? Cloning paladins would be so ridiculously powerful!

Like the other poster, I find them to be underwhelming. They die easily and while they have utility with the resurrection and cloning, the death laser is pretty weak. How many unused runes do I need in order to make them effective? Also where am I guaranteed to find more? I'm running awfully low on Rune Mages.

Lakitu7 posted:

Kbscanner: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11780
I know the first link is dead. Maybe there's a working one later, but at the least if you just google "kbscanner" there appear to be some copies on rapidshare et. al.
You'll have to figure out what the item is called internally, by picking it out from a list where it may or may not be obvious.

Console is press ~ and type item <whatever> but once again you're going to figure out exactly what <whatever> your particular item is called internally, except this time without a list to try to pick it out from. I'm sure such a list can be found in the game files someplace but I don't remember where to look.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14443

Unfortunately there's just not a ton of info or tools for these games and what should be simple can be a pain.

Thanks, I'll certainly look into that.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jastiger posted:

Like the other poster, I find them to be underwhelming. They die easily and while they have utility with the resurrection and cloning, the death laser is pretty weak. How many unused runes do I need in order to make them effective? Also where am I guaranteed to find more? I'm running awfully low on Rune Mages.
Spawn points are pretty random, but rune mages should show up in a couple places in and round Verona.

If you mouse over them it'll give the math on how many runes you need.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spiderdrake posted:

Spawn points are pretty random, but rune mages should show up in a couple places in and round Verona.

If you mouse over them it'll give the math on how many runes you need.

Yeah I may have exhausted them, though there weren't many there to begin with. Maybe 4? I'll keep looking. It's frustrating for sure. I did end up finding out I had that trophy scroll so I can at least now roll my inquisitors into demonologists and make them useful. I think a few places have "Horde" of inquisitors.

As far as the Runic Mages, it just says "more runes make them stronger". It doesn't break it down at all. I'm pretty unimpressed with their offensive capabilities to be honest. I've had 20 might runes at one point and they didn't really blow me away with their damage.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Jastiger posted:

Question about this. The clone ability is random, I don't get to pick what to clone. How do I do this? Cloning paladins would be so ridiculously powerful!

Thanks, I'll certainly look into that.

That's weird you used to pick which clone you made, it seems they got nerfed at some point.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jastiger posted:

Yeah I may have exhausted them, though there weren't many there to begin with. Maybe 4? I'll keep looking. It's frustrating for sure. I did end up finding out I had that trophy scroll so I can at least now roll my inquisitors into demonologists and make them useful. I think a few places have "Horde" of inquisitors.

As far as the Runic Mages, it just says "more runes make them stronger". It doesn't break it down at all. I'm pretty unimpressed with their offensive capabilities to be honest. I've had 20 might runes at one point and they didn't really blow me away with their damage.

I liked them a lot when I played through AP with the expansion but I was also using the Unit Leveling Mod which turned Paladins into unstoppable resurrection machines. Kinda broke the game but in a good fun way. If anyone still has that mod kicking around, link it. Good times!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah the cloning is only of ENEMY units and they have to be below a certain level and leadership. Really the only utility it has is to soak up hits from the enemy since they will sometimes target it, but not really any other reason.

The Paladins in the army are great. It's just too bad that they only can resurrect one time. I wish there was some way to reload their abilities, that'd be super great:)

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
I didn't realise that you used to be able to use Rune Mages to clone whoever you wanted, I only get to clone a random enemy. So its useful, but not as awesome as cloning Paladins would be. And obviously their power relies on spare runes, but generally I'm gonna want to be using my runes to get abilities and whatnot. I guess their death beam can be pretty good if you get a decent line of enemies.

And Paladins are generally awesome, but so slow they often barely get involved in melee, and I will never stop loving Royal Griffins and Assassins.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I think there's confusion between rune mages in AP/Crossworlds and WOTN. The rune mages in the former games were underwhelming because they were a level 5 unit, albeit one with very poor stats that didn't scale well for their leadership cost. WOTN fixed them by turning them into a level 4 unit with a lower leadership cost that's even less than an archmage IIRC so you could have a bigger stack of them, plus you could now actually target what unit you wanted with their phantom ability.

AP/Crossworlds rune mages aren't really worth using, they're good for a very brief time because they'll probably be one of the earliest level 5 units you have access to and their health makes them a good meat shield because of that, but they are easily outclassed in terms of damage by a comparable stack of lower level units.

Jastiger, one fairly common and decent unit to look for are Evil Beholders, which can be found sometimes in neutral animal vendors. They have a mind control ability and their standard attack has a very high chance of making low level enemies fall asleep and lose their turn. I think they're a pretty fair alternate to archmages if you can't find enough of those.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

moot the hopple posted:

I think there's confusion between rune mages in AP/Crossworlds and WOTN. The rune mages in the former games were underwhelming because they were a level 5 unit, albeit one with very poor stats that didn't scale well for their leadership cost. WOTN fixed them by turning them into a level 4 unit with a lower leadership cost that's even less than an archmage IIRC so you could have a bigger stack of them, plus you could now actually target what unit you wanted with their phantom ability.

AP/Crossworlds rune mages aren't really worth using, they're good for a very brief time because they'll probably be one of the earliest level 5 units you have access to and their health makes them a good meat shield because of that, but they are easily outclassed in terms of damage by a comparable stack of lower level units.

Jastiger, one fairly common and decent unit to look for are Evil Beholders, which can be found sometimes in neutral animal vendors. They have a mind control ability and their standard attack has a very high chance of making low level enemies fall asleep and lose their turn. I think they're a pretty fair alternate to archmages if you can't find enough of those.

That difference with the Rune Mages makes a lot of sense, and that was absolutely the confusion with the unit.

But but they are EVIL! Right now I'm using Inquisitors again because I know I can just train them into Demonologists which ARE actually quite useful. I just wish the game explained some things a bit better. Like, oh btw, you're going to have a huge fight and die.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh Joy. There is a bug where if you have the Demon dude sign your affidavit, you can't gain any more trophies. So I found the affadavit and can't use it because I gain no more trophies. This freakin game does so much right but these little things are really bringing it down for me.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm kinda surprised you find much use for trophies by the time you've opened up Montero.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jastiger posted:

Yeah the cloning is only of ENEMY units and they have to be below a certain level and leadership. Really the only utility it has is to soak up hits from the enemy since they will sometimes target it, but not really any other reason.

The Paladins in the army are great. It's just too bad that they only can resurrect one time. I wish there was some way to reload their abilities, that'd be super great:)

The spell mirror image or phantom will come with a free charge of the ressurection ability when used on paladins. Very handy. I think it needs to be upgraded to max level though in order to clone a troop as high level as paladins. I am also seconding using Beholders/evil eyes. They do great damage and the sleep capability is handy. Evil eyes can also charm a troop for a turn which can be really useful.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm kinda surprised you find much use for trophies by the time you've opened up Montero.

I don't NEED need them, but it'd be nice. Instead of scouring the land for the next troop it'd be nice to just upgrade the ones I have.

But with the bug on my trophy edict thingie, it's a moot point. I've just had to change up my strategy.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I haven't used the training since I think the second island. It helps that I found some Demonologists this run! Them and a bunch of Royal Snakes and Assassins saw me through a lot, though the Snakes have since been replaced. I also found some Black Dragons, though unfortunately there were only three. It's really annoying watching a stack fall off simply because I can't find more of a really important creature. :argh:

On the plus side, I can fly now.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
So I managed to get around my boss crash bug and finally beat WOTN over the weekend.

If anyone's curious or run into the same issue, the boss Loki has a certain set of attacks that he'll randomly select from during his turn. The animation for one of these attacks apparently wasn't coded in properly, resulting in a crash to desktop every time he tries to use it. My way around this problem was to assemble a throw-away army of high initiative units and basically rush him before he could attack and potentially crash my game. I managed to take him down in turn 3, but only after a ridiculous amount of reloads and lucking out when one of my units fortunately proc'd a critical AND the might ability that does double damage. The boss himself is actually not that challenging, it's just that he has a lot of health and you're dealing with the NO WHAMMIES PLEASE DON'T CRASH MY GAME FUUUUCK aspect at the start of every turn. Keep in mind, this isn't even the first incident of lovely coding in the game. When the game first shipped, you'd get a CTD every time an enemy army happened to include an Ice Dragon or a Skald unit because, again, their animations weren't implemented properly. The exact same problem is still happening in this boss fight. You'd figure the devs would double check the rest of their work after becoming aware of the issue, but I guess not.

This, plus the very very poor balancing issues in the late game, leads me to believe that the game just wasn't playtested professionally. The current state of the game is still very much amateur hour and it's frankly left a bad taste in my mouth for the series.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

moot the hopple posted:

This, plus the very very poor balancing issues in the late game, leads me to believe that the game just wasn't playtested professionally. The current state of the game is still very much amateur hour and it's frankly left a bad taste in my mouth for the series.

Their A team was likely working on that stupid lovely facebook MMO or whatever they were planning to do and they squeezed WotN out with a B team. It's a sloppy project and nowhere near as well done or complete as AP as a game. I was honestly surprised we even got another proper KB game.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

moot the hopple posted:

So I managed to get around my boss crash bug and finally beat WOTN over the weekend.

If anyone's curious or run into the same issue, the boss Loki has a certain set of attacks that he'll randomly select from during his turn. The animation for one of these attacks apparently wasn't coded in properly, resulting in a crash to desktop every time he tries to use it. My way around this problem was to assemble a throw-away army of high initiative units and basically rush him before he could attack and potentially crash my game. I managed to take him down in turn 3, but only after a ridiculous amount of reloads and lucking out when one of my units fortunately proc'd a critical AND the might ability that does double damage. The boss himself is actually not that challenging, it's just that he has a lot of health and you're dealing with the NO WHAMMIES PLEASE DON'T CRASH MY GAME FUUUUCK aspect at the start of every turn. Keep in mind, this isn't even the first incident of lovely coding in the game. When the game first shipped, you'd get a CTD every time an enemy army happened to include an Ice Dragon or a Skald unit because, again, their animations weren't implemented properly. The exact same problem is still happening in this boss fight. You'd figure the devs would double check the rest of their work after becoming aware of the issue, but I guess not.

I'm pretty sure this was where I ended my playthrough as well. He didn't seem particularly difficult but after two attempts with a weaker army than I should have had and continuous crashes I just gave up on the game itself.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Weird, I did Loki twice and he never crashed for me. Do you fight him again, then? I gave up on the game after I got to the dragon/griffin island thing, just no challenge grind fest.

Kanos posted:

Their A team was likely working on that stupid lovely facebook MMO or whatever they were planning to do and they squeezed WotN out with a B team. It's a sloppy project and nowhere near as well done or complete as AP as a game. I was honestly surprised we even got another proper KB game.
Wasn't it a fanmade expansion that the original team didn't do at all?

And yeah WoTN is pretty sloppy, but I do like the new units way more than the lizardmen.

Dr. Citan Uzuki
Jan 26, 2006

I would never tell you anything that wasn't absolutely true that hadn't come right from His mouth and He wants me to tell you
I think I'm almost at the end of Armored Princess/Crossworlds. I really enjoyed this game, so should I play The Legend or Warriors of the North next?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
I think they fixed most of the buggy stuff. Just as an aside though it is a much easier game than AP/CW was since talents can be game breakingly exploitable. Once you get access to full human armies you can easily get into a cycle of copy/paladins/rune mages and basically win every fight without a loss no sweat.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Sloober posted:

I think they fixed most of the buggy stuff. Just as an aside though it is a much easier game than AP/CW was since talents can be game breakingly exploitable. Once you get access to full human armies you can easily get into a cycle of copy/paladins/rune mages and basically win every fight without a loss no sweat.

Yeah the ease of this game sort of sucks compared to AP. Even on impossible it's fairly easy.

Dr. Citan Uzuki
Jan 26, 2006

I would never tell you anything that wasn't absolutely true that hadn't come right from His mouth and He wants me to tell you
I finished beating all of the King's Bounty games not too long ago and now I miss them to the point of even completing the other campaigns in Crossworlds. Can anyone recommend any games similar to this?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Dr. Citan Uzuki posted:

I finished beating all of the King's Bounty games not too long ago and now I miss them to the point of even completing the other campaigns in Crossworlds. Can anyone recommend any games similar to this?

You might like Eador: Masters of the Broken World. It also uses a tactical grid and has armies moving around a map. The maps are randomized somewhat and the Campaign is like playing a bunch of one off maps with little to no carry over between them. You unlock buildings as you go from map to map, but Heroes and items don't carry over; although you can use a certain type of resource to gain static resource bonuses or starting items.

It doesn't have the charm of the King's Bounty games, but it looks good and the game is pretty fun, you can drag it out as little or long as you like too which is nice.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Well the obvious suggestion would be the Heroes of Might and Magic series.

Some people liked them but I personally couldn't really get into the games. The combat is fun but I really didn't like how the overworld sections of the game worked.

Missions take place on a map like in King's Bounty but the main difference is that it's turn based and the computer gets to move around and build up armies too. In King's Bounty I really enjoyed running around, grabbing everything, and clearing out the maps but HOMM really punishes you for doing that. The AI's army just gets harder the longer you take and they'll keep throwing poo poo at you weakening yours. I'm pretty sure the AI cheats too. You also may need to manage more than one army at a time.

I found those elements to be frustrating but if you're interested in more strategic elements in the overworld it may be up your alley.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I love SRPGs, but getting into this series is rough. I'm not able to get anywhere in the first game, legends. I've done almost everything in Greenwort, except for that forest in the NW where everything obliterates me. I have quests pushing me into verlorn forest. It's just, everything in that forest seems tougher than me by far. The first encounter I run into is with footmen and archer stacks where each one is at least as tough as what I have and beats the gently caress out of my troops. What am I missing here, or supposed to be doing?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Legend can be pretty rough. You have to do a lot of luring and dodging mobs to grab stuff and come back later when you can handle them. I never finished my first playthrough because I made it unwinnable pretty far into the game. I had to restart from scratch to finally beat it.

Armored Princess is easier because it's a lot better paced.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Quantumfate posted:

I love SRPGs, but getting into this series is rough. I'm not able to get anywhere in the first game, legends. I've done almost everything in Greenwort, except for that forest in the NW where everything obliterates me. I have quests pushing me into verlorn forest. It's just, everything in that forest seems tougher than me by far. The first encounter I run into is with footmen and archer stacks where each one is at least as tough as what I have and beats the gently caress out of my troops. What am I missing here, or supposed to be doing?

What kind of army are you rolling with? Decent early game units include royal snakes (found in the swamps), inquisitors (around the castle areas), and archmages (castle area, magic academy in Verlorn). For the swamps, it's worth it to pay for the ferry that will take you directly to the witch's hut that sells royal snakes, thus bypassing most of the tough enemies there (can't remember if the ferry is just one-way, though). There's also a frog that you can marry who'll give you more equipment slots and increase the abilities of your royal snakes. Depending on where you are in the questline, it might pay to beeline for the magic academy in Verlorn (located to the right from the starting entrance) to get your first spirit of rage. If the enemies are too hard for you in Verlorn, explore around Arlania maybe and pick fights with enemies you can handle there until you level up. Buy a boat and use that to explore the coasts for easy pickups and battles. In general, if something is too hard, you should explore other places and then return to the area that's giving you difficulties.

Also, what class are you? Regardless of your class, it pays to develop some magical abilities. Distortion magic in particular has some great utility spells that will hold you over until you get level 3 mass effect order spells. Stoneskin, for instance, is an excellent defense buff and blind can help you deal with annoying early level ranged enemies. Chaos magic, however, pays out higher dividends for mages and high intellect, paladins and warriors are better off relying on the buffing/crowd controls spells from the other two magic schools.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

I'm a paladin, my army is: 25 footmen, 11 gryphons, 18 bowmen, 18 priests, 113 thorn-hunters. Arlania seemed way beyond my level (It's four), but I'll poke around there some more.

EDIT: There are no inquisitors or royal snakes, just priests and swamp snakes. I found the archmages, but they seem super weak, even with the fighting trance. I can only have four of them because of my leadership, that might be it.

Quantumfate fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 4, 2013

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Also just FYI, paladin is the weakest class in pretty much all the games, except coincidentally enough the thread title.

For an easier early time roll warrior, pickup the level 1 leadership buffs on the paladin skill tree, and use royal snakes, thorns, royal thorns and arch mages. Once you get a feel for the progression of the game, choose Mage and laugh at how OP the end game spells + higher magic is. This only works in The Legend however, the later games magic is nerfed significantly.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Archmages are really cool because fighting trance boosts their attack rating by an impressive amount, their attacks suffer no range penalty, and their lightning effect can slow down enemies to a crawl. They might seem anemic, especially early on with a low stack of them, but they're definitely one of the best ranged units in the game. Sometimes you'll have a low leadership amount that won't cover the threshold of a full stack of a unit (i.e. if you have 499 current Leadership, and a unit costs 100 leadership, you can only carry 4 of them as opposed to 5) which might make that unit seem weaker than a comparable stack of lower leadership units for a time, but the difference goes away as you level up and gain more leadership.

Thorn hunters might be the weak point in that army because of their low stats, however you might want to keep them around if they're the only ranged unit you can grab. In the beginning areas, I generally keep an all-ranged army with one melee tank for safety. Depending on how you solved that infested garden quest, the thorn will turn into a vendor that I believe might sell royal thorns at this point, which is a tougher ranged unit that can summon the lesser thorns for free.

Some general tips:
1) choose the leadership gains when you level up. The occasional mana/rage upgrade can be useful if you need it to afford a certain ability/spell, but try to get it through other methods first. Leadership is paramount.

2) save crystals. In the beginning, you might feel like you have an abundance but upgrading spells to their level 3 version can be quite costly. Don't feel the need to scribe every spell into your spellbook just because you can, crystals will later become a bottleneck.

3) on the other hand, spend the money on gear. You should have a lot of gold throughout the game, unless you are constantly getting your whole army wiped out and replaced. The small +1 to your stats that they confer adds up when you're fully kitted out, especially early on.

4) do not have children with your wives. Rather, use those 4 slots they provide for your own equipment, which will give better bonuses than the ones your children offer.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Some really useful help here, but will I be okay with a paladin? I don't want to have to slog through everything again if I don't have to. I've been grabbing leadership every time I can, and haven't spent many crystals. I guess I'll hunt around again for gear and see if there's anything I can buy.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
How have your army losses been? If you can still field a max leadership army you are probably fine. It should go without saying but: keep losses to a minimum, if you don't you risk making the game unwinnable.

Otherwise you are fine playing as a paladin.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
If you don't really mind restarting, I would encourage either of the other classes, particularly warrior for a beginner. The thing is, paladin doesn't have much to recommend itself and the two good abilities (Reserve and Glory) are high enough at the top of the mind tree that any class can grab them without difficulty. The majority of their abilities and their exclusives aren't as big of a game changer as compared to the other classes.

Warriors, on the other hand, receive the most leadership gains. The majority of their general abilities are quite good, and they have the rage abilities which can be almost on par with the nuking abilities of mages. Mages themselves are probably the pro powergaming class but they require a lot of foreknowledge and familiarity with the game to break it.

I'd say that restarting as a warrior would be a straightforward and hassle free experience, considering you're still in the early portion of the game and haven't invested that many hours.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

I would really hate to restart by this point. My losses haven't been terrible, either I run into a fight that decimates me and I reload and avoid it, or I push on through. The worst so far was a magical gremlin fight over the magic ring. (The boat was a tremendous help, didn't think to ask about full price, thought I couldn't get it until level 5).

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
The main difficulty for paladins that I foresee will be later on when facing the frequent and tough armies led by enemy heroes who can fire off devastating spells each turn; you'll want to beat these heroes as quickly as possibly or else most battles end up as Pyrrhic victories the longer they drag on. Warriors have rage generation and powerful first-turn abilities, along with the biggest armies, while mages have dual-cast to shutdown things quickly and spell combos that can be more effective than plain resurrection. On the other hand, paladins as generalists don't have such advantages, nor do they have the resurrect ability found in later games that can help mitigate losses, so they just have to choke up the losses. As a paladin, if you hit a wall, you have less options to get past them than the other classes.

Just remember that much of the mind tree is dead-end traps and useless skills. Definitely ignore the stuff that increases gold gains as you'll find enough of it in the course of the game. In fact, I wouldn't invest that deeply into the mind tree and save my runes to trade for might and magic abilities.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

beeline towards getting tactics unlocked.
It is extremely useful for a fighter/paladin playthrough.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

I see the new King's Bounty is on Steam's front page.

Seems to be some MMO or something, called Legions. Any good?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Have... have they changed the graphics to look more "cute" or is it just my imagination? I don't remember the game looking so bad before. Or is it merely the screenshots that are bad?

Funso Banjo posted:

I see the new King's Bounty is on Steam's front page.

Seems to be some MMO or something, called Legions. Any good?
What do you think? It's a free to play mmo with facebook integration. WHAT THE gently caress DO YOU THINK?!? :sotw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Poil posted:

Have... have they changed the graphics to look more "cute" or is it just my imagination? I don't remember the game looking so bad before. Or is it merely the screenshots that are bad?

What do you think? It's a free to play mmo with facebook integration. WHAT THE gently caress DO YOU THINK?!? :sotw:

Had no idea it was a facebook game as well. Plenty of free to play games on Steam are actually great, Planetside 2, Dota 2, Marvel are three of the best games currently available for PCs, so I won't let that turn me off alone.

But if you guys have played it and tell me not to waste my time, well then I'll listen to that and save my time and effort.

• Locked thread