Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Hacking stores is loving stupid and annoying and they didnt streamline it at all for mouse and keyboard.

It's kinda crazy that they just put an unironic hacking minigame in this, something that would be ripe for parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ugh I just went through the entire Challenge list and saw all the cool abilities tied to getting Gold and Silver medals in every minigame. That's so loving lame.

TheDart
Jan 7, 2010

Just finished the story.

They should have sent a poet.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Oh my god, I don't think I can call on Super Pierce.

Pierce, what are you wearing! Stop that!

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Rookersh posted:

I'm pretty sure he's dressed as Kung Lao from Mortal Kombat, because Pierce is a dork.

Wait til' you see what Ben King's outfit is.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
In less than a day of release I have over 64% of the game complete, but I only just did Shaundi's mission. In any ever game I'd blame the lack of content, here I'm content to acknowledge I've spent way too loving long just dicking about with civilians and collecting stuff. :allears:

Someone please make a mod that spawns all the SR3 gangs and content into this version of Steelport, TYVM.

e;

Tornado Sprint upgrade is ridiculous for Mayhem. I'd have a 400+ combo if I didn't trip over an exploding convoy.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Aug 21, 2013

RStar
Aug 18, 2013

Rookersh posted:

Just finished all the stuff I can do in the city other than the co-op stuff. I'll start getting into the main story stuff tomorrow night.

Fun game so far, although I already feel extremely overpowered and I only basically use my stock upgraded shotgun.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Someone please make a mod that spawns all the SR3 gangs and content into this version of Steelport, TYVM.

Idolninja is apparently working on that already.

RStar posted:

Just finished all the stuff I can do in the city other than the co-op stuff. I'll start getting into the main story stuff tomorrow night.

Fun game so far, although I already feel extremely overpowered and I only basically use my stock upgraded shotgun.

Yeah, you've basically grinded your way to top level before even starting the main quest. Of course you're going to feel ridiculously overpowered, even on Hard mode at this point. If you want the game to be any kind of balanced challenge, do sidequests sparingly.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 21, 2013

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dominic White posted:

Idolninja is apparently working on that already.

There is no need for me to buy any other game ever again.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So what mission was meant to be cut from the Australian version because of :pcgaming: :catdrugs: :pcgaming:?
I just played the Shaundi Loyalty mission, was it meant to be that one?
Because if it was ACB have a case of :downs:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I've been playing for a couple of hours, and I keep running into minor annoyances that are taking more out of the game for me than they should.

- I really wish super sprint was pressure sensitive or had a different input or something so that you could sprint normally as well. I keep bowling over the guy I want to powerbomb / car I want to awesome jack.

- Same with super jump, sometimes I just want to commando roll.

- I also would like to not have to manually turn off the radio when I get out of my car.

- Screen tearing

Also, the PS3 version is doing this annoying thing where it pauses the game every 5 minutes to tell me I am no longer connected to PSN. No poo poo, I wasn't signed in in the first place.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
The ending is absolutely perfect. The Touch! Transformers quotes! The Boss keeping his promise to Zinyak! Dance number! Time travel! Credits montage!

I didn't really like SR3, I'll admit that. I felt that the Boss wasn't the sociopath he had been and that the series had gone from down to earth but self-aware to virtually nonsensical. So, I was dubious about SR4 - but it was an incredible ride from start to finish, a real return to SR2's characters and feel. There aren't many games that make you laugh one moment and then make you truly feel a wide range of emotions the next.

There's so much about this I liked. The loyalty missions were superb as were the main plot missions. I can't believe how much fun I had playing through it and just how much Volition worked into the game. Five out of five, as far as I'm concerned. I honestly wish there was more.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

So am I missing something or can I not get a cape? Homies have capes why can't I have a cape!? :saddowns:

RStar
Aug 18, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

The ending is absolutely perfect. The Touch! Transformers quotes! The Boss keeping his promise to Zinyak! Dance number! Time travel! Credits montage!

I didn't really like SR3, I'll admit that. I felt that the Boss wasn't the sociopath he had been and that the series had gone from down to earth but self-aware to virtually nonsensical. So, I was dubious about SR4 - but it was an incredible ride from start to finish, a real return to SR2's characters and feel. There aren't many games that make you laugh one moment and then make you truly feel a wide range of emotions the next.

There's so much about this I liked. The loyalty missions were superb as were the main plot missions. I can't believe how much fun I had playing through it and just how much Volition worked into the game. Five out of five, as far as I'm concerned.I honestly wish there was more.

It has a season pass, so you know there will be more stuff down the pipeline.

Kind of tired of season passes being status quo now though.....

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

titties posted:

I've been playing for a couple of hours, and I keep running into minor annoyances that are taking more out of the game for me than they should.

- I really wish super sprint was pressure sensitive or had a different input or something so that you could sprint normally as well. I keep bowling over the guy I want to powerbomb / car I want to awesome jack.

- Same with super jump, sometimes I just want to commando roll.

- I also would like to not have to manually turn off the radio when I get out of my car.

- Screen tearing

Also, the PS3 version is doing this annoying thing where it pauses the game every 5 minutes to tell me I am no longer connected to PSN. No poo poo, I wasn't signed in in the first place.

1- That's you. Get used to the timing; it's super easy to just melee-powerbomb-murder-deathstomp out an entire node/hotpoint by yourself in a confined area.

2- Tap it, man. Then learn to LT-air lunge to kill any excess vertical you don't want.

3- Yeah, I'm pretty indifferent to this one (now) but at first it was a little "wtf?" - I'm sure a mod could take care o...

4- ...oh poo poo you're on PS3? Welp, no mods and you can't turn on v-sync which totally took care of my tearing

:shrug:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 21, 2013

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

So the challenges count towards 100% completion this time around, right? Because that seems like it would get me my final 2%.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Has anyone made a mod that lets you wear your regular clothes in the real world parts? My dude is basically intended to never not wear a horse mask so his face is terrible.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

When do I unlock the ability to do powerbombs after a super jump? I'm not slamming into the ground hard enough drat it!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

RBA Starblade posted:

When do I unlock the ability to do powerbombs after a super jump? I'm not slamming into the ground hard enough drat it!

Storyline unlock. You get it when you unlock your final storyline homie. The ingame justification is marvelous.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

TheDart posted:

Just finished the story.

They should have sent a poet.

They sent a novelist. Does that count?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I feel kinda empty and hollow now. I wrung out so much from this game in marathon 20 hour sessions that it being over has left a void in my heart. Was only one person on my Steam friends list that bought the game and we couldn't get co-op working.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Is there a reason I can't use telekinesis in like 99% of the co-op games I played?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

If the person hosting it hasn't gotten to the part of the story where it unlocks yet you won't have access to it. Unless you mean something else?

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Dominic White posted:

I'm pretty sure he's dressed as Kung Lao from Mortal Kombat, because Pierce is a dork.

Yeah watch him fight, he does all sorts of karate moves.

Protip for TK mayhem: Don't throw the ball. Just super run around with it. Avoid cars though, getting knocked on your rear end just slows you down.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Just a cool screenshot I made. This games owns. Add Nightmare-Sinner on PS3 for CO-OP

Catpain Blackudder
Jul 25, 2009

Cluck, cluck, gibber, gibber, my old man's a mushroom, et cetera.
:siren: Attention all those who preordered from the EU PS Store :siren:

The game is now available to preload for fridays release :woop:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
So with the season pass when do you actually get the penetrator? I think I'm nearing the endgame (rescued everybody and did about half of the loyalty missions) but haven't seen it yet.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Mokinokaro posted:

So with the season pass when do you actually get the penetrator? I think I'm nearing the endgame (rescued everybody and did about half of the loyalty missions) but haven't seen it yet.

Don't think iut's released yet.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Just finished the final main missions. What a game. Had a big, goofy grin on my face pretty much the entire time. Now I know what Idolninja, et al meant by being hard to go back to SR3. There's just so much here, so well implemented and fun and liberating.

Thank you, Volition.

Slightly buggy / weird costume thing, apologies if it's been covered - so I imported a Boss from the inauguration station with a non-default outfit. Nothing not in the base game files, just not the presidential suit. I couldn't for the life of me find the superhero-looking suit that the Boss wears in the simulation, not in any of the 3 clothing stores. Running a few Idolninja mods - extra colors, customize vehicles, ship time of day unlocks early, additional cheats. It's below.

Any leads on this? Am I bugged, is it a bonus, should I make a boss entirely in SR4, etc.?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Just out of curiosity: for after I spend 500 hours playing this, which of the Prototype games is better, the first or the second?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

isk posted:

I couldn't for the life of me find the superhero-looking suit that the Boss wears in the simulation,

It's supposed to be in Nobody Loves Me on the west island. There's also a slightly different female variant.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

So in Pierce's loyalty mission, what is the singalong, and what voice are you using? Because in a stream with brit voice, it was You Got What I Need. And I'm playing with Bailey Boss, and they're definitely doing a duet of Opposites Attract. Did they go all out and record completely different singalongs for each voice?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Crappy Jack posted:

So in Pierce's loyalty mission, what is the singalong, and what voice are you using? Because in a stream with brit voice, it was You Got What I Need. And I'm playing with Bailey Boss, and they're definitely doing a duet of Opposites Attract. Did they go all out and record completely different singalongs for each voice?

Nope, there's different ones in different parts of the mission.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I think my biggest problems so far is the stupid Taunt challenge ( I never taunt, and it takes so loving long to grind out. ), and how hard it is to figure out which challenges I only Silvered so I can go back and Gold them.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

Nope, there's different ones in different parts of the mission.

Oh thank God, because that would be too loving amazing to handle. As opposed to the mission as is, which is juuust loving amazing enough that I can handle.

Edit: just got to that part in the mission. I was wrong, it's too loving amazing to handle.

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 21, 2013

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Mokinokaro posted:

It's supposed to be in Nobody Loves Me on the west island. There's also a slightly different female variant.

Verified, thanks! For reference, it's called Sim Suit, (appropriately) under the Suits section.

Crappy Jack posted:

Edit: just got to that part in the mission. I was wrong, it's too loving amazing to handle.

It really is. I'd say it's one of my favorite parts of the game, but there's so many of those.

The boss is quite :3: in the loyalty missions.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Okay, figured out what was going on with the weapons deal.

It was the title update. It made any weapons I hadn't bought yet disappear from Friendly Fire. Clearing the cache and
going back into the game fixed it so I could buy them and then update it again.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

More clothes unlock eventually when I do the hacking stuff, right? My import characters are missing their clothes. And my brother wants to know if there's a beret in game somewhere to complete his Expendables-era Sylvester Stallone.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

This game looks amazing and this thread is only making it better. Too bad I have school and then work all day. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
I have never skipped work to play video games, but it seems as if my body was so ready for SR4 that I woke up with a stomach bug for real this morning. Gonna spend the morning at the office, then go home, pound Immodium, and play the game until my fingers fall off :getin:

I'm at the part in the Matt Miller mission with the motorcycle race and Zinyak quoting Shakespeare and the only thing missing is "One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey and Boz II Men on the radio, because it's the only hyper-cheesy 80s/90s song that I feel is missing :colbert:

• Locked thread