Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

bpc908 posted:

Transitions are loving useful. Makes it so I don't have to carry sunglasses.

If you defend Transition lenses you have to post yourself wearing transition lenses.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Feels like a good rule.

DionysisTheBold posted:

Are those fishnets on his hands?

You know, if you're gonna try to do a purple fedora I guess it helps to be black, but when so much else is wrong...

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Transitions are fine, just two things:

-So many nerds wear them, and they never go outside, so what's the point?

-They look really terrible in photos. Seeing some goon squinting through them on a a bright day with pasty skin doesn't really help.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

DionysisTheBold posted:

Saints Row, bitches.

Seriously, this guy looks like a SR2 player character, down to the crooked hat and all of his clothes being purple. poo poo's uncanny.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Plan Z posted:

Transitions are fine

N. Senada posted:

If you defend Transition lenses you have to post yourself wearing transition lenses.

:colbert:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

DionysisTheBold posted:

Yes, here you go:

(at least I hope this is the one you were talking about)

Fantastic, thank you.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Djeser posted:

Convenient things often look awkward. It'd be super convenient for me to walk around in sweatpants, flip flops, and a raggedy old wifebeater tank top.

Here's something fun. Guess how old this person is. Don't look at the spoiler until you have a number in mind.

ten years old

No way...

If so, that's really unfortunate.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it's one of my favorite videos ever. Warning - nightmares.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOHZT7rOKo8

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

VoidBurger posted:

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it's one of my favorite videos ever. Warning - nightmares.

I think I need some :catdrugs: to calm down after watching that.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

DionysisTheBold posted:

It's like he walked into a costume store and said, "Give me every purple item of clothing you have."

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

VoidBurger posted:

I made it to 49 seconds. I'm already loopy on cold medicine, I shudder to think about the nightmares I'm going to have.

The voice, oh god.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

VoidBurger posted:

I never make it through this thread's videos, but I got to the end of this one. Thank you for introducing me to the Spirit Cat fetish community, would you happen to have any more resources?

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Plan Z posted:

I never make it through this thread's videos, but I got to the end of this one. Thank you for introducing me to the Spirit Cat fetish community, would you happen to have any more resources?

That lady's channel has a bunch of totally bonkers poo poo on it, but I haven't had the fortitude to really delve into the abyss.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

VoidBurger posted:

That lady's channel has a bunch of totally bonkers poo poo on it, but I haven't had the fortitude to really delve into the abyss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUB3i3uC_3E

I bet if you synched all of her stuff together, it'd make a pretty sick Nine Inch Nails video.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

DorkusMalorkus has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Aug 22, 2013

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?
I would like to introduce you all to Brendan Mitchell, aka wetmovie1.

I stumbled upon this guy by subscribing to a movie reviewer by the name of Shawn C. Phillips on YouTube, who is pretty awkward but actually seems like a super friendly, nice guy, and his videos just have a really positive energy to them. On paper he fits this thread, but it's hard for me to feel any sort of ill will towards him, really.

Brendan Mitchell (a friend of Shawn's who has his own channel) on the other hand...the only way I can think to describe him is that he's like an amalgamation of every single awkward person ever posted in this thread mixed with the obnoxious personality of Gorgeous George.

Let's just run down the list here. He's well into his thirties and lives with his mom, and in the years I've been subscribed to him (I know, I know), he has shown absolutely no intention of even considering finding his own place. And if you're wondering why that is, well, half of the content of his YouTube channel involves him going to various stores and "Hoarding up" on DVDs. That's what his videos are called: Hoarding Up.

Brendan works at a Blockbuster which apparently is still open. I've never worked at one myself, but I can't imagine the pay being great. Meanwhile, the average Hoarding Up video features him spending literally hundreds of dollars on DVDs, and half the time, it's useless poo poo he clearly doesn't need, like Roseanne the Complete 5th Season or Soul Surfer on blu-ray.

But that all applies to Shawn C. Phillips too. What really makes Brendan a candidate for this thread is his awkward as gently caress personality. This guy is absolutely convinced he is a WWE personality, and that his schtick is so god drat funny he can't believe he doesn't have his own show already. Let's lay down a few examples:

Here's a classic where Brendan documents his night of going out to get food with his mom, who is clearly sick of his poo poo. All the while he is trying so hard to be funny, constantly yelling and being WACKY and laughing at his own jokes. He also constantly talks about wanting to get drunk and asking his mom if they can get drunk later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5PCka4KSmg

Speaking of which, here's him on New Year's Eve home alone with his mom pretending to be drunk and not really knowing how people act when they're drunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEQFf4w-s-Q

Can you believe how wild and crazy this guy is? I mean just look at some of these thumbnails!

In addition to the nasty rear end facial hair which, since he always has the camera on himself from a few inches away, we have the joy of seeing in extreme closeup, he also constantly wears baggy rear end shirts which sag all around him and make his disgusting as gently caress chest hair stick out of the neck of the shirt. He seems to be obsessed with how fat he is, too...he always seems to refer to himself as a "fat man," like "you know us fat guys gotta eat am I right?" when going to get fast food or some poo poo.

Some of the videos feature a "friend" of his Gabriel, and I have never before seen a more stunning case of repressed sexuality. Literally about 90% of their comments to each other involve them joking around about having gay sex. Seriously, they are in public in these videos making jokes about sucking each other's dicks. I had one video in mind as an example but it's really hard to find poo poo on his channel, but here's a random video with Gabriel where they make a joke about gay sex within the first 40 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjGqU-WWhWk

Some of these videos with Gabriel are called Out and About, and thankfully, there is an Out and about : The Movie! Yes, this would be a feature length movie which is just Brendan walking around with Gabriel, except this time they go to Vegas! This poo poo was actually sold on DVD for about $30 if I recall correctly. Presumably nobody loving bought it because within a few months it was stuck up on YouTube on his official channel.

And finally...here's Brendan walking around a furniture store singing with his big rear end cargo pants and tucked in oversized t-shirt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6yNIjJo_rc

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Ughhhh those teeth are a goddamn nightmare.

Grope-A-Matic
Nov 16, 2008

sigh... you really suck at hand
to hand combat i wont lie and
this is way more challenging
then i thought it would be. to
teach you hand to hand combat,
alright i will try to teach you
some more hand to hand combat
Jesus gently caress, how do his bones not break under the weight of his fat whenever he walks around?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is there something wrong with that guy? Like mentally?

His videos make me sad :smith:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Is there something wrong with that guy? Like mentally?

His videos make me sad :smith:

I'm guessing he's just really throwing all that he has into the Youtube thing. It is a lot more sad than anything else.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Mr. Boogie posted:

I would like to introduce you all to Brendan Mitchell

This a goldmine. The Las Vegas video is a slog, but so often it is incredible. The constant "joking" about prostitution is terribly sad.

E.

N. Senada has a new favorite as of 05:54 on Aug 22, 2013

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Maurice Moss, the morning after he accidentally stumbles into a Prince concert.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Does she whistle Dixie in the fashion of Le Pétomane?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I just can't get enough.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
I received a promo for a band, for review, and this is what they sent as one of the band pictures

The gut/crotch (grotch?) on that dude...

EDIT: I have a question about hats.
Here in the Netherlands I don't see them so much as nerdy things, but rather as a jock/douchebag accessory (i.e. they don't aim for "class", m'lady, but rather for Justin Timberlake). Is it a regional thing, or do US goons just pick the nerd fedora users and ignore the douches?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

New fun thing to look for instead of fedoras and transitions.

How many wrist bands are in that picture?

I believe we can count humungous watch bands as well.

I'm up to 9, but can't see one forearm, the assumption is his entire right arm is covered in wrist bands

Robohobobro
Apr 26, 2013
So when did Larry The Cable Guy start playing in a metal band?

I love how he looks like some band was taking a promo shot and he just wandered in and shoved himself into the photo. That nerd on the back is pretty awkward too.

I counted 12 wrist thingamajicks + one elbowpad(?)

Robohobobro has a new favorite as of 10:08 on Aug 22, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

One of my friends just shared this with me. It's like an anti-matter resume, when ever it touches a job offer it annihilates it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

One of my friends just shared this with me. It's like an anti-matter resume, when ever it touches a job offer it annihilates it.

This is the part where I say "This has got to be a joke" but then I look at the effort put into it and the specifics it drops. :psyduck:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VoidBurger posted:

I love how cats have Southern USA accents

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

KakerMix posted:

This is the part where I say "This has got to be a joke" but then I look at the effort put into it and the specifics it drops. :psyduck:

They have to read your resume and take it seriously because that's their job you guys, they couldn't just throw it away, that's not their job :downs:

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Welp, there's my Two Minutes Hate for today.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Who would you hire, this guy or the girl with the Zelda/fantasy resume?

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Zelda girl, because despite being pretty awkward at least it doesn't say poo poo like "everypony" in it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Pony guy, at least he has qualifications, whereas from what I remember Zelda girl's qualifications are basically "I'm a geek and I like things".

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The best thing about this is the redacted pony haunches.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

What amuses me is that he has a great GPA and qualifications and experience but because he's completely socially braindead no one he sends that to is going to actually read them. I mean, maybe someone might glance at them as the resume is being passed around the office to be ridiculed. But at that point it's much too late. Only one chance for a first impression and all that.

BattleMaster has a new favorite as of 11:30 on Aug 22, 2013

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Just think - if the bronies grow up and infiltrate industry enough, this is the only way people will be able to get jobs in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

BattleMaster posted:

What amuses me is that he has a great GPA and qualifications and experience but because he's completely socially braindead no one he sends that to is going to actually read them. I mean, maybe someone might glance at them as the resume is being passed around the office to be ridiculed. But at that point it's much too late. Only one chance for a first impression and all that.

Seriously, your qualifications don't mean poo poo if you have no social skills.

• Locked thread