Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This is hilarious in a "I bet this was created as a joke but people took it seriously" kind of way.

Found this:

Holy artifacts

Oh cool god will do me a fav, I like the idea of god somehow owing me one. And all I had to do was share a stupid image!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Oh Hell No posted:

Friend found this on his feed.

Also, if you're calling about the used towels, they're still available.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Man, I wish I was in prison, it sounds pretty great.
Also, what's the deal with pages posting all sorts of random pictures? I see people share things from like 'nachos' or 'sleeping in' and it's always memes and poo poo. If I wanted memes I'd like a meme page, just tell me more about eating nachos and sleeping in dammit

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

Gils posted:

Also, what's the deal with pages posting all sorts of random pictures? I see people share things from like 'nachos' or 'sleeping in' and it's always memes and poo poo. If I wanted memes I'd like a meme page, just tell me more about eating nachos and sleeping in dammit

They use the memes to get likes, and we all know 1 like = 100 prayers

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Holy poo poo that photo made me livid. Does this person literally know loving nothing about what prison living conditions are like? I don't wanna start a social justice derail but holy poo poo come the gently caress on.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Magna Kaser posted:

You lost the ability to can.

I'm glad someone noticed this.

crowfeathers posted:

It distracts from the fact that they cite no evidence and that their story is bullshit on many levels (the kids were loving arrested, for one thing; also only one was black so it doesn't even work as a DANGEROUS BLACK PEOPLE story) by using pop culture.

"Ha ha! I know who the joker is! Might as well share this!"

I would reply with this but I don't even bother anymore. :smith:

Tingles
Jul 26, 2006

Just got this one via a friend from 100 Percent FED Up...

I soooooo want to respond and say something along the line of- "gently caress YEAH! Stand up for yourselves Sheeple! Show the world that you're a racist!" but my husband has to work with this person and we have mutual friends.

I see as I've been making this post, he's been on a roll tonight. :gonk:

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Tingles posted:

I soooooo want to respond and say something along the line of- "gently caress YEAH! Stand up for yourselves Sheeple! Show the world that you're a racist!" but my husband has to work with this person and we have mutual friends.

Liberate yourself, scream human being and friend of the family and never think about how awful you are. Dismiss valid criticism and ignore the fact that no one wants to be around you except crazy weirdos with fallout shelters full of NRA leaflets for literature. It's legal to be a lovely human being so therefore you must take every opportunity to be one and then cry and whine about oppression when people rightfully hate you.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

"I literally drank poison! Whoops!" :bravo:

vvv Wikipedia says it can cause 'vivid hallucinations and delirium' and 'these hallucinations are most commonly described as very unpleasant, and recreational use is considered extremely dangerous because of the high risk of unintentional fatal overdose.' Because it's deadly nightshade.

Ixjuvin has a new favorite as of 02:02 on Aug 23, 2013

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Ixjuvin posted:

That's just insane to me, what the gently caress does belladonna even do when taken recreationally? I mean they're saying the colors are screaming, but I've never heard of it having any psychedelic effects.

Tingles
Jul 26, 2006

swampland posted:

Liberate yourself, scream human being and friend of the family and never think about how awful you are. Dismiss valid criticism and ignore the fact that no one wants to be around you except crazy weirdos with fallout shelters full of NRA leaflets for literature. It's legal to be a lovely human being so therefore you must take every opportunity to be one and then cry and whine about oppression when people rightfully hate you.

See, I wish I could be this articulate and have the balls (or ovaries) to write this. Thank you, swampland

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Ixjuvin posted:

Werewolf hunting is serious business.

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007

Elim Garak posted:

That's just insane to me, what the gently caress does belladonna even do when taken recreationally? I mean they're saying the colors are screaming, but I've never heard of it having any psychedelic effects.

It's very similar to Angel Trumpet, Datura, etc. Extremely disassociative. Kinda like a 24-48 hour period of an extreme psychotic episode or fever hallucinations.

I was a very dumb teenager.

Hot Sauce Batman
Oct 8, 2011

by T. Finninho
Today a WWII veteran was beaten to death in Spokane by two black teenagers. As you might expect, calls for blood and race wars in the comments:

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...nopageview=true

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Hot Sauce Batman posted:

Today a WWII veteran was beaten to death in Spokane by two black teenagers. As you might expect, calls for blood and race wars in the comments:

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...nopageview=true

"Folks better get your guns...we going to have a race war in this country if this doesn't stop."

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Austrian mook posted:

"Folks better get your guns...we going to have a race war in this country if this doesn't stop."

I can't take "race war" seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHCQA1EJiC0

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Gils posted:

Facebook pages with a certain number of likes get offers from marketing corporations to buy the page, so people make pages like that and try posting all kinds of content to get their likes high enough.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Tingles posted:

See, I wish I could be this articulate and have the balls (or ovaries) to write this. Thank you, swampland

Ha, no problem. :)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Not exactly idiots on social media (though I think they do have a Facebook page) -- there's a drag racing event that focuses exclusively on German cars and motorcycles. Guess what the event is called?

http://www.german-racewars.com/

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
Just a fair warning :nms: in the fact that you will want to walk into a bus after reading it. It is also fairly long, but I think to get the full effect you need the whole story. I'm not sure how I feel about this, on the other hand I got to watch it happen live. Thank you Facebook. Thank you.

Linked for tables.
http://i.imgur.com/6IVJmx0.png

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Why are you friends with people like that?

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
I know none of these people, the original poster is on my friends list but I really don't know who she is.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

There just isn't enough :psyduck: to describe white South Africans (still the most wealthy and employed ethnic group in the country by a wide margin) whinging about how oppressed they are.

You just haven't met the right South African.

For content: more stuff from silly bigots! YOU YOUNGNS AREN'T LOYAL ENOUGH LOYALISTS, IN MY DAY WE WERE SHOOTING TAIGS

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tingles posted:

Ask if he's afraid of the word "farce".

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Lead out in cuffs posted:

My cousin (in South Africa) trolling a South African white pride Facebook group:

And their further response:

There just isn't enough :psyduck: to describe white South Africans (still the most wealthy and employed ethnic group in the country by a wide margin) whinging about how oppressed they are.

I will never understand the notion that if you aren't openly racist it's because you're "ashamed" to be white. I attended a debate with a member of the national racist party and they could not understand that some people thought that mosques and hijabs were not a blatant attack on their culture. It was apparently a foregone conclusion that people just were ashamed of their culture and wanted brown people to undermine it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Kajeesus posted:

I will never understand the notion that if you aren't openly racist it's because you're "ashamed" to be white. I attended a debate with a member of the national racist party and they could not understand that some people thought that mosques and hijabs were not a blatant attack on their culture. It was apparently a foregone conclusion that people just were ashamed of their culture and wanted brown people to undermine it.

If they actually called it the National Racist Party, I might respect them slightly more. At least it'd be honest, instead of the "not racist, but" crowd you get now.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Tingles posted:

I've found most of these people change their tune if you use your Freedom Words to make fun of their deity of choice.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Flyinglemur posted:

I've found most of these people change their tune if you use your Freedom Words to make fun of their deity of choice.

It's their freedom words, you commie.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Primaris posted:

Just a fair warning :nms: in the fact that you will want to walk into a bus after reading it. It is also fairly long, but I think to get the full effect you need the whole story. I'm not sure how I feel about this, on the other hand I got to watch it happen live. Thank you Facebook. Thank you.

Linked for tables.

Idiots on Social Media: i can pull the trigger even on a infint

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Primaris posted:

Linked for tables.

You're the random one, female :smug:

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

235k likes. :negative:

And this came right before a graphic photo of three dead young Filipinas in a road crash, with 50k comments all just saying "amen". Bit loving late to pray for these poor girls, but hey thanks for making corpse photos show up in the feed.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Did Dr. Eric Aikince go to a medical school that didn't require English language proficiency? Bcoz, to my surprised, its is written in a way that doesn't look like either the doctor or the grad student girlfriend wrote it.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

Holy poo poo that photo made me livid. Does this person literally know loving nothing about what prison living conditions are like? I don't wanna start a social justice derail but holy poo poo come the gently caress on.
It is really the only thing I've ever seen on my Facebook feed that really pissed me off. Fortunately the person I responded to was reasonable and admitted it was stupid and that they hoped it was done tongue-in-cheek. I don't have that sort of faith in humanity.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011
Christ, that kid's uber clingy even in death.

hypnotoad
Dec 16, 2007

But shakin' its all I know!
My Dad just posted an article about how crime in Australia has been "OUT OF CONTROL SINCE THE GUN BAN!!!" His source? Guns 'N Freedom.

Dad why :negative:

Cool Web Paige
Nov 19, 2006

Because of this thread I've subscribed to a few choice Facebook groups

This is the first post I got from one of them

http://imgur.com/kde8RN3

Edit for some reason the image tags aren't working on my forum app

Cool Web Paige has a new favorite as of 18:21 on Aug 23, 2013

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

dregan posted:

You just haven't met the right South African.

For content: more stuff from silly bigots! YOU YOUNGNS AREN'T LOYAL ENOUGH LOYALISTS, IN MY DAY WE WERE SHOOTING TAIGS

I've seen this word said by people who were posted in this thread many times, and I have to ask: what the hell is a "Taig"?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

dijon du jour posted:

I've seen this word said by people who were posted in this thread many times, and I have to ask: what the hell is a "Taig"?

"Taig is a derogatory term for an Irish Catholic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

dijon du jour posted:

A catholic. A bead-rattling, pope-loving, tattie-picking, rarely-bathing and smells like mass Fenian Catholic. KAT. For the source of all of mine and dregan's Belfast-based-banter, see Loyalists Against Democracy.

teenytinymouse has a new favorite as of 18:32 on Aug 23, 2013

• Locked thread