Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Scott Bakula posted:

Has Toriko actually won a fight against a member of the Bishokukai yet?

Tommyrod in ice hell is the closest outside breaking some gt robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

op187gb posted:

What is it that Jiro catches? Looks like a mushroom shaped screw.

E: After looking more carefully at the page, it is a button that pops off of Jirou's vest.

Which means that the vest must have been a gift from the president.

Seebach fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 11, 2013

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
I think/hope Kuribou had a change of heart after everything went off the rails
I think the thing that hits Jirou is some seed thrown by Teppei. No clue what or why, of course.
The president and Midora probably were fighting in space. It seems entirely reasonable that if they fought on the planet's surface, they would end up destroying it.

Other gourmet planets seem reasonable now since the ability to leap from one planet to another is hardly less plausible than the ability to halt an entire planet.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

cooldude2.0 posted:

I think/hope Kuribou had a change of heart after everything went off the rails
I think the thing that hits Jirou is some seed thrown by Teppei. No clue what or why, of course.
The president and Midora probably were fighting in space. It seems entirely reasonable that if they fought on the planet's surface, they would end up destroying it.

Other gourmet planets seem reasonable now since the ability to leap from one planet to another is hardly less plausible than the ability to halt an entire planet.

If Toriko really went that ballistic, this would become my favorite manga ever.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I know why the president died, He was holding "Center" within himself

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 14, 2013

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I didn't really expect the Ichiryuu vs Midora battle to happen so soon, or that it would happen totally off-screen, considering how built-up Ichiryuu was. Here's to hoping we get a long flashback to the battle later on.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Actually, do we have any idea what happens if someone with gourmet cells eats another human being with gourmet cells? For all we know Sunny's next power up could be manifesting one of Tommy's bizarre abilities. Which would also be hilarious as it's about as discordant as possible.

Also, given the fact that GOD is apparently connected to the moon in some way and Neo's obsession with space travel, a part of me hopes it just turns out that the moon is actually made of cheese in Torikoworld. And that that cheese is indeed the ultimate ingredient. If it was any other series I'd consider this theory to be beyond ludicrous but it would be completely in line with the rest of this wonderful manga.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
God is actually a pizza made with the crust of the Earth, marinara sauce from the Sun, and cheese from the moon.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Nahxela posted:

God is actually a pizza made with the crust of the Earth, marinara sauce from the Sun, and cheese from the moon.

The proof of this manga's quality is in the fact that this is an entirely viable theory.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Tolth posted:

For all we know Sunny's next power up could be manifesting one of Tommy's bizarre abilities. Which would also be hilarious as it's about as discordant as possible.

It would be fantastic if Sunny gains Tommy's facial expressions. I miss those. Tommyrod... :smith:

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

So no Toriko this week?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I don't think there's Jump this week. So probably no.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/188993/toriko_ch246_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru

Finally new Toriko

We now know the names of the unmentioned Acacia Dishes!!

Hors d'Oeurve - Center
Soup - Pair
Fish - Another
Meat - News
Main - God
Salad - Air
Dessert - Earth
Drink - Atom

It is odd the names of the new items

Seebach fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 23, 2013

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The names for the Soup and Fish are kind of weird. The Meat is also a little weird, but it's kind of funny and sounds better to me than the previous two.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think "News" might be meant to be "Information" or something, but of course I haven't seen the raws and don't know Japanese so don't take my word for it. "Pair" and "Another" sound like they should be something else as well ("Duo" for the first, maybe?). This chapter has "hungar" written in it so the quality might be dubious, though the people behind it are the group that's been doing it constantly, so...

Anyway, an entirely setup chapter. Darn. At least the next one should be good, and hopefully it won't be too long before we see why the heck someone is destroying the entire human world like that.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Was that an octopussy ?

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
This series has more ridiculous names to remember than the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Also how many battles between God-level opponents do we need going on at once?

The answer is of course as many as possible!

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Roland Jones posted:

I think "News" might be meant to be "Information" or something, but of course I haven't seen the raws and don't know Japanese so don't take my word for it. "Pair" and "Another" sound like they should be something else as well ("Duo" for the first, maybe?). This chapter has "hungar" written in it so the quality might be dubious, though the people behind it are the group that's been doing it constantly, so...

Anyway, an entirely setup chapter. Darn. At least the next one should be good, and hopefully it won't be too long before we see why the heck someone is destroying the entire human world like that.

In the raws they're written out in English with furigana giving pronunciation. So these are the official names pretty much.

TNG fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 23, 2013

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TNG posted:

In the raws they're written out in English with katakana giving pronunciation. So these are the official names pretty much

Huh. Well then, those are strange. Don't really seem to fit the previous theme... At all, really. Oh well, not a big deal.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

dazoner posted:

Was that an octopussy ?

Ha

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

dazoner posted:

Was that an octopussy ?

The only thing more ridiculous in this chapter is the sword on the same page.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Pawl posted:

Ah ah ah...

That's a kitchen knife.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Pawl posted:

But we have seen the knife before,

:3: Wanna pet dat catteopus.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Basically you can probably pick who who lives and who doesn't by figuring out which of the badguys suits Toriko and crew as opponents.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Fabricated posted:

Basically you can probably pick who who lives and who doesn't by figuring out which of the badguys suits Toriko and crew as opponents.

I mean I know we already know he wins (unless there's a twist??) but Midori looks exactly like Starjun with a dumb beard so I can only assume that they're related.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Ch 247

More exposition, but at least we got page 12 out of it.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

just a butt posted:

Ch 247

More exposition, but at least we got page 12 out of it.

Oh man this is gonna be one hell of a fight :stare:

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
The scope of the power levels never ceases to baffle me and i love it.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Ichiryuu picks up a group of creatues with a combined capture level of 1610. With Gormetnium chopsticks, like they are nothing.

This manga :allears:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
The President really rubbed off on Toriko :3:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
There's no spice like hatred.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
The one uninteresting thing about this manga so far has been the main villain. Midora has been incredibly bland, with only his design making him interesting.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Nilbop posted:

The one uninteresting thing about this manga so far has been the main villain. Midora has been incredibly bland, with only his design making him interesting.

Yeah, that's the purpose of the meteor spice.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Nilbop posted:

This is Toriko man. He's got some major weird poo poo we haven't seen, guaranteed.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Love his knife being so sharp that under its own weight when set down it starts carving into the planet.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I'm not sure how much I like the fan produced creations. On the one hand, its a cool interaction for the fan base, on the other hand, some of the creations aren't as impressive as the author's. Still, this fight will be awesome, I'm glad we get to see these two go all out.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Batmasterson posted:

I'm not sure how much I like the fan produced creations. On the one hand, its a cool interaction for the fan base, on the other hand, some of the creations aren't as impressive as the author's. Still, this fight will be awesome, I'm glad we get to see these two go all out.

Fans have been submitting ingredient designs since the start of the comic. Some of them are okay, some of them are amazing.

Kenshi
Sep 29, 2004

Liar posted:

Love his knife being so sharp that under its own weight when set down it starts carving into the planet.

Think he might have fiddled with the gravity of the knife so that it will sink.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Batmasterson posted:

I don't know man, Rampage looked pretty freaky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Seebach posted:

I don't know man, Rampage looked pretty freaky

He looked almost exactly like a character from Samurai Showdown, which was appparently based on a pretty common design for Japanese ogres.

• Locked thread