Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
It took me ages to figure that out - just joined up. Onward to 55!

Nipponophile posted:

Aww yeah, space cowboy techo-pimpin', y'all.

That's awesome. Cartel gear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hulk Smash! posted:

Yeah, I love it when people list stuff at the default listing price. Got a stack of 99 Nextor crystals that way a couple of times.

I like people aggressively undercutting on stacks of the level 9 blue gemstones. They're close to worthless so stacks of 99 can go down below 10k. The vendor value for a stack is 15k.

Its only 5k but I usually don't make 5k walking around my ship so...

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Kicking off our datacron run in a couple minutes. If you want in, jump on it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Nipponophile posted:

I'm gonna be playing my scoundrel off and on most of the day, so anyone who still wants a Goon Squad invite on JC Republic should look for Oedwin.

Oh poo poo dude...wish I'd been on. My Shadow needs a guild. If you see Anyashal on tomorrow, can you toss me an invite?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Lordshmee posted:

It took me ages to figure that out - just joined up. Onward to 55!

That's awesome. Cartel gear?
Yeah it's the new stuff. Which is all super cheap on the GTN right now with the exception of the cyber body.

Zzu
Jun 17, 2008
I had an account on this game when it first started. Have I been relegated back to a free user or do I get that super exclusive premium account status?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
You'll be premium. I shot you a PM with a referral link which will get you a free week of subscription plus a couple other unlocks.

Zzu
Jun 17, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

You'll be premium. I shot you a PM with a referral link which will get you a free week of subscription plus a couple other unlocks.

Thanks Just unlocked. What server is everyone playing on? I have a level 50 shadow and a Marauder I think. I had battle something PVP gear on my shadow. That is probably irrelevant now.

Edit: tried reaching out to people, nobody seems to be responding or believe me. I'm Cuffington in game, just transferred to Jedi Covenant. Would like an invite

Zzu fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 25, 2013

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
Started playing on JC. If I can get a invite to That's No Goon please? Character name is Nemuii. :)

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I have characters on both servers and don't want to divide my legacy so all things considered should I transfer my character from JC to POT5 or vice versa? Which has the stronger goon presence?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 26, 2013

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Baron Porkface posted:

I have characters on both servers and don't want to divide my legacy so all things considered should I transfer my character from JC to POT5 or vice versa? Which has the stronger goon presence?

JC does.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I've got a few alts besides my Assassin that I need to add to the goon guilds.

Such as my space jesus Sith pureblood Sentinel. Lore? What is this lore you speak of? :shepface:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Nipponophile posted:

Happen to have another referral? I have a 4 day weekend for Labor Day and thinking of checking back in, but even with just the upgraded f2p it still makes it hard to do much after being full p2p. I wanna see if it's worth playing and/or moving everything off of pot5.

Sweet.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 26, 2013

Rkikzza
Sep 5, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

Happen to have another referral? I have a 4 day weekend for Labor Day and thinking of checking back in, but even with just the upgraded f2p it still makes it hard to do much after being full p2p. I wanna see if it's worth playing and/or moving everything off of pot5.
jason_doog at yahoo dot com if you do.

I sent you a referral link, enjoy the long weekend!

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
I got a referral link as well for anyone that wants to use it. Anyone that wants one hit me up in PM, very few of my RL friends are interested, and those that are already play.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Is there a mumble for the goons that do still play ? How strong is the Imperial side on JC?

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
How do you feel about non-TNG (yet still Goon) folks doing things with the guild?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

veedubfreak posted:

Is there a mumble for the goons that do still play ? How strong is the Imperial side on JC?

Theres the guild teamspeak, most people do not idle in it, its only used during raids and other events like the datacron hunting or as people group up. Raids are Mondays and Wednesdays at 8:30pm eastern. We've had 1.5 groups worth of people the last few weeks which is getting kinda annoying.

brickswereshat posted:

How do you feel about non-TNG (yet still Goon) folks doing things with the guild?

More the merrier! No guarantees on loot though :twisted:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Which of the cartel packs are more valuable to sell?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a presence on the republic that's still active? Who do i ask for an invite?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Baron Porkface posted:

Is there a presence on the republic that's still active? Who do i ask for an invite?

Its pretty minimal. I think, when Nipponophile invited me to goonsquad he and I were the only people on, and I don't think I have invite powers. If you are interested, I might be on on Phinnian today (like 7pm or later EST) and can try to grab someone. I don't really think Goon Squad will be raiding (soon/ ever) but a bunch of people in That's No Goon raid with another republic guild.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Decided to check on my account and apparently you keep accruing cartel points for your security key even with no active sub. So I'm up to 2750 points and it seems you get 1 free transfer with the referral link.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
I really don't like pure DPS classes but for some reason I made my Knight into a Sentinel, so I think I'm going to ditch him and join the rest of you on team Red Laser Sword.

Any thoughts on the best specs to level as for a Juggernaut?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

ImpactVector posted:

I really don't like pure DPS classes but for some reason I made my Knight into a Sentinel, so I think I'm going to ditch him and join the rest of you on team Red Laser Sword.

Any thoughts on the best specs to level as for a Juggernaut?

I did most of my leveling as an Immortal (tanking) spec. Combat can be kind of slow though. Its good if a) you want to tank and b) you can tank. You'll be able to do a lot of FPs and that'll make leveling a little faster.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

wtftastic posted:

I did most of my leveling as an Immortal (tanking) spec. Combat can be kind of slow though. Its good if a) you want to tank and b) you can tank. You'll be able to do a lot of FPs and that'll make leveling a little faster.
Cool. I was hoping leveling as Immortal would be viable. I haven't done any tanking since early Cataclysm heroics but I do enjoy it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Immortal is awesome. Hell I even pvp as mostly immortal.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

As a level 25 assassin I'm having energy trouble, to the point where i can't use maul very much because of it's cost. Is that normal?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

wtftastic posted:

Its pretty minimal. I think, when Nipponophile invited me to goonsquad he and I were the only people on, and I don't think I have invite powers. If you are interested, I might be on on Phinnian today (like 7pm or later EST) and can try to grab someone. I don't really think Goon Squad will be raiding (soon/ ever) but a bunch of people in That's No Goon raid with another republic guild.

Which other guilds are popular with goons?

Phokus
Jun 27, 2007

Never bet against Captain America!
Not sure if this has been addressed somewhere here and I've looked all over and tried a hundred different workarounds with no results so maybe someone here can set me straight...

I played at launch and quit a few months after occasionally logging in. Then recently I completely cleaned out my computer and me and a friend decided we would start playing again so we both downloaded/installed and now have the issue that when you press play on the launcher it closes and the game does not seem to launch.

I've looked at the swtor customer service forums and seen many people with similar issues and all kinds of different 'fixes' which don't seem to do it for me. I've re-installed, updated video drivers and windows in general (.net framework, quicktime etc..), and tried the fix launcher tool. One suggestion I've seen is to modify the client_settings.ini file which I don't have because it has not ran once since my computer was wiped.

Both our computers are easily above minimum specs required and I know a couple people who run it on machines that probably don't meet those specs anyways. Really at a loss here figured I would try here hoping we are somehow missing something obvious?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Baron Porkface posted:

As a level 25 assassin I'm having energy trouble, to the point where i can't use maul very much because of it's cost. Is that normal?

Yeah I've been having the same problem with my Infiltration Shadow, but once you get far enough into your tree (that's assuming you're the equivalent spec, if you aren't in your stealth tree I doubt your backstab ability is ever going to be worth that huge Force cost) you can get a proc that boosts its damage by 30% while reducing its cost by 75%. Most of the classes in this game feel like they take awhile to get going compared to other MMOs, but so far Shadows feel like the worst offenders in that regard.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

New "speedsuit" armor set + clever accessorizing = Japanese superhero team.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
So is botting on an alternate account a thing in this game? I just got grouped with a DPS/Tank combo in matching outfits - the tank (who couldn't hold threat for poo poo and opened every single fight with a nice disruptive Force Wave) was curiously-silent, and the DPS kept having to speak for him, "okay i'll tell him," "okay i just yelled at him lol," etc.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That's pretty great. If only there were five-person groups...

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Crindee posted:

So is botting on an alternate account a thing in this game? I just got grouped with a DPS/Tank combo in matching outfits - the tank (who couldn't hold threat for poo poo and opened every single fight with a nice disruptive Force Wave) was curiously-silent, and the DPS kept having to speak for him, "okay i'll tell him," "okay i just yelled at him lol," etc.

You can't run multiples of the client on one machine, which stops a lot of this sort of thing, but it definitely seems to happen. That or a lot of people have convinced actual toddlers to play.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Could be a young sibling/child as well.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

That's pretty great. If only there were five-person groups...

They're called ops groups. :colbert:

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!

Phokus posted:

SWTOR not running

Me and the missus had a bit of bother with this. I left it downloading overnight, and it finished about halfway - enough to stream, I think. I copied it over to her laptop and it wouldn't run on either of our PCs.

We eventually sorted it but unfortunately it was just by completely uninstalling and deleting all trace of the game off both computers. I don't know if any of that was caused by either copying it over or attempting to stream it. :(

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Oh my god, yes. I want this, so badly. I don't know on what character but it needs to happen.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

ImpactVector posted:

Cool. I was hoping leveling as Immortal would be viable. I haven't done any tanking since early Cataclysm heroics but I do enjoy it.

Crushing Blow is *great*

Charging into a group of 3 weaks + 2 strongs, smashing, then unleashing crushing blow just wipes them out while giving you a defensive book. Crushing Blow also always seems to proc retaliation, so following that up with scream is a major 3-hit combo that never fails.

Immortal also has a huge amount of CC available, with a castless instant Force Choke, Backhand, Intimidating Roar, Force Push, Force Charge's root (spec it in Vengence, as well as improving your lightsaber form and assault).

On another side, 3k Rep until Champion with BBA. I'll get it next week and max that out. I think that'll do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perhonen
May 7, 2007
Just attempted to log into my account, and found out I apparently had an authenticator on it from whenever the game launched. I went through the process to remove it, and apparently i've got like 1300 cartel coins for having the thing attached despite never logging in? Does someone want to shoot me a referral link so we can both split some goodies? Any recommendations on goon guilds?

• Locked thread