Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
How can you hate on Klassic Station? Zinyak is great, the music selection is great.

Also it has Mars: The Bringers of War on there. If I could I would make 21/24 boss from Venture Brothers while blasting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

They should add a DLC that's just a radio station of Zinyak singing songs. I'd pay good money for that.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think I would have listened to the Klassic station more if there was no Zinyak, actually. The literature stuff was kinda funny the first time and then after that I just wanted to hear some music instead of him going on and on for like five minutes.

My favorite station ended up being K12, I'm not big on dubstep but it fit the setting really well. Promises is my favorite track in the game.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think I would have listened to the Klassic station more if there was no Zinyak, actually. The literature stuff was kinda funny the first time and then after that I just wanted to hear some music instead of him going on and on for like five minutes.

My favorite station ended up being K12, I'm not big on dubstep but it fit the setting really well. Promises is my favorite track in the game.

Again, Mixtape. Fill it with all the songs from the Klassic tracklist. Instant no DJ classical experience.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah, while The Mixx does have some really good 80s and 90s tracks, I ended up listening to K12 alot. There's quite a few cyberpunk sounding tracks on there that really fit the setting well.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Bash Ironfist posted:

They should add a DLC that's just a radio station of Zinyak singing songs. I'd pay good money for that.

gently caress that. Zinyak talk radio station. Call it ZinYack.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Sedisp posted:

I like this post a whole lot. :allears:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Starhawk64 posted:

Yeah, while The Mixx does have some really good 80s and 90s tracks, I ended up listening to K12 alot. There's quite a few cyberpunk sounding tracks on there that really fit the setting well.

Yeah, I like K12 a lot, especially with the bizarre DJ choice of Jane Valderamma. Also really liked the Reggae station a lot with Mr Sunshine.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Lyer posted:

Oh poo poo just isn't a good song. :colbert: In all seriousness it just doesn't flow well during gameplay. There's something to be said when you're flying in a helicopter during sunset and "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" comes on or when you're racing through the streets to "Holding Out For a Hero" and likewise when you're gliding in the air and "The Touch" is blasting.

Have... have you never super jumped and DFA'd a flashpoint to perfectly fall in time with them going "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH poo poo! (nuke)" or something? Because that, and pretty much every other movement-related thing you do with the superpowers lines up perfectly with that song. It's almost as good as The Touch for that.

e: Although I would trade that song for a Del/tron song, any song, for while I'm loving around in Steelport.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

Yeah, I like K12 a lot, especially with the bizarre DJ choice of Jane Valderamma. Also really liked the Reggae station a lot with Mr Sunshine.

It's Jane's personal hell.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

This right here may just be my Saints Row IV answer to "Wallflower".

But then there's that other one...

No champagne, or girly drinks. We drink beer...
...and beer...
...and beer, beer, beer.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

Sedisp posted:

Jesus gently caress, why isn't this a thing?! :psyboom:

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

...why would anybody not want to hear "Oh poo poo" again?

While I admit I wish they would've went with some DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince, Salt n' Pepa, Digital Underground... it's still a silly, stupid old-school hip hop song and it's fun. I like running around doing stupid poo poo to fun songs.

I could've done without that Aerosmith song on The Mixx though. Having it be part of an Armageddon parody was fine as a one-off gag, but I don't want to hear it on the in-game radio.

Dead Rising 2 made it possible to essentially replicate the Humpty Hump costume exactly. What in Gat's name can't you do that here? If they had DLC that was just early 90s Hip Hop clothes and a "Gas Face" taunt I would snap it up in a second.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Rirse posted:

I actually really hate hearing her as the DJ, especially for such a good station. Not only does it not fit the music or the mood of the station at all, but Family Guy wore that character voice out before she ever showed up in SR3 (it's not even the same voice actor, but let's be honest, it's still the exact same character).

Fortunately, though, mixtapes.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

She's actually more peppy in The Third than she is in 2. Very deadpan with her news reports in 2, but she often gave her last name more of a flourish in that one.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

That purple drank song is utter loving garbage. I'm a bit sad they didn't really include metal in this game. It was always fun to go out rampaging to metal in the previous games.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I missed Jane's news updates in this game. I know it doesn't really make sense in the context of the story, but it was always a fun little thing after you completed a mission in the previous games.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hav posted:

It's Jane's personal hell.

"... and Zinyak has kept none of his promises. This is Jane Valderama, crying herself to sleep at night. :geno:"

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Bash Ironfist posted:

That purple drank song is utter loving garbage. I'm a bit sad they didn't really include metal in this game. It was always fun to go out rampaging to metal in the previous games.

But they've always had poo poo taste in metal, though. The last game had 3 Inches of Blood, and this game has loving In Flames :barf: Not really sad to see it gone.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Bovineicide posted:

But they've always had poo poo taste in metal, though. The last game had 3 Inches of Blood, and this game has loving In Flames :barf: Not really sad to see it gone.
The Krunch in SR1 was so cheesy and terrible it was amazing. L.A. Guns, RATT, Bang Tango, Great White, Slaughter, loving Winger... and, for some reason, Mastodon with "Blood and Thunder". :wtc:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lyer posted:

I missed Jane's news updates in this game. I know it doesn't really make sense in the context of the story, but it was always a fun little thing after you completed a mission in the previous games.

Yeah I miss this. It was funny how deadpan she was about everything. Probably my favorite one is how she bullshitted about cornering the Boss with a question about Killbane when she was really scared as poo poo the Boss was going to kill her.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bovineicide posted:

Umm, 3 Inches of Blood owns, and I don't really like metal. Maybe that's why I like them.

Vita
Nov 7, 2009

Bash Ironfist posted:

IdolNinja's Saints Row 4 review talks about this and it's pretty good all around (don't believe there's any spoilers)
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/idolninjas-saints-row-iv-review.3133/
"The Blood is gone (metal radio station.) Volition have stated that it was removed because their metrics showed that only a small percentage of players listened to it."

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES
Confirmed that pre-patch save files are still glitched:

They should compensate us by giving us that for real. Best assault rifle I've ever used.

E: Noticed the Wild Child pants are bugged too. There's black where there should be skin.

PicklesMcGillicuddy fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 28, 2013

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Every time I see the "ALL HAIL ZINYAK" sign I want a mod that replaces all his stuff with Brak.

Also this game really should have some Frisky Dingo stuff going on, some robot pants at least.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Wait, I thought prepatch save files were OK?

They're not?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The PC version of Saints Row IV has sold over 1 million copies in its first week, more than triple the first week PC sales of Saints Row: The Third.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Well if you're playing them now while the bug still exists why the hell would they be okay.

'I'll just take this clean save file and run it on the bugged version oh wait why am I suprised that it is now bugged.'

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Toffile posted:

Wait, I thought prepatch save files were OK?

They're not?

Mine definitely isn't. I have that gun pictured above, which is super awesome btw, but I don't have my abduction gun. And like a a million baseball bats. I should have a baseball bat gun since I have enough ammo for it.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

The Krunch in SR1 was so cheesy and terrible it was amazing. L.A. Guns, RATT, Bang Tango, Great White, Slaughter, loving Winger... and, for some reason, Mastodon with "Blood and Thunder". :wtc:

Haha, I remember that one now. It was unironically better than all the other metal stations put together. One game had Amon Amarth and that was the only decent song, but I forget what.

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES

Hotwire posted:

Well if you're playing them now while the bug still exists why the hell would they be okay.

'I'll just take this clean save file and run it on the bugged version oh wait why am I suprised that it is now bugged.'

Someone earlier in the thread said that pre-patch files worked again, and I was just confirming that they don't.

quote:

a million baseball bats

PicklesMcGillicuddy fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 28, 2013

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

PhonyMcRingRing posted:

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but one of my favorite little touches in SRIV is the clock tower from Back to the Future in 1950s Steelport. The clock's even set to 10:04!

The Reader hat is The invention Doc Brown is testing when Marty meets him in the 50's for the first time.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Starting over might fix the bug as well. Not an option for some of you I guess but hey, I started over and my weapons seem to be okay for now.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Slate Action posted:

The PC version of Saints Row IV has sold over 1 million copies in its first week, more than triple the first week PC sales of Saints Row: The Third.

I guess I'm not really surprised, but I'm still really glad to see it be such a huge success. Better odds of there being a Saints Row V. :kiddo:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Compared to SR3, that is a huge success.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Krunch had a certain appeal in SR2. It seemed like a good fit in a world where The Brotherhood existed. I rarely turned on the metal station in SRTT.

My biggest disappoinment in SRIV's music is that after having Deftones in 2 and 3, there wasn't any in 4. Virtual Steelport would have been that much more awesome if I could fly around listening to 'Leathers' or 'Swerve City'.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Shindragon posted:

Compared to SR3, that is a huge success.

By any reasonable metric it's a huge success. :geno: Those are some great numbers.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
After the ending, there's only 1 thing I'm disappointed in.

Why can't we use Zinyak's head as a bat ?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

One and the Same posted:

By any reasonable metric it's a huge success. :geno: Those are some great numbers.

Since when has the industry has been reasonable with its metrics? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
After playing this game I'd like to finally finish SR2 but I only have it on PC and obviously it's pretty awful and crash prone. Gentlemen of of the Row helps a lot but I'm getting really tired of loosing an hour or more of progress when my game decides to crap out on me. Is the PS3 version worth playing?

Also, I have a strange bug where Keith David's third audio log plays every time I load up my SR4 save. Has anyone else gotten this?

• Locked thread