Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Some Questions for Goo regarding the upcoming G602 which is making me rather excited in my pants:

1. Does the mouse prefer a hard or soft mousing surface?

2. What are the Dimensions of the mouse (and why isn't this information included in specs for your mice on the logitech website?)

3. What sort of batteries are the 250 hour battery life estimate based on? Standard Alkaline Batteries? High performance Lithium batteries?

4. The mousewheel looks oddly smooth in pictures - I assume it still spins in notches?, a mousewheel without notches is a dealbreaker for gaming.

5. Can you go into more detail on the surface material - It looks kinda glossy in pictures, is it a more rubberised soft touch kinda plastic, or a hard smooth material?

6. I assume as an optical sensor it is free of any acceleration?

7. The 500hz polling rate isn't a big issue for me, but I'm curious as to why you didn't include 1000hz, and just implement a 3 mode switch instead of a 2 mode switch for the power profile, thus giving gamers who insist on 1000hz the option to trade battery life for polling rate?

8. How stiff are the side buttons?

Some more general feedback for your feedback hat:

I really like the new aesthetic direction this mouse represents. Aesthetics have been a major contributing factor towards me not having purchased a logitech mouse up till now, so the new direction is great to see.

I'm keen to see the following trends for mice:

- Greater use of rubberised coatings, since they are grippier and produce less sweat

- More defined pinkie ledges so that palm grippers don't have ring and pinky fingers trailing on the mousing surface.

One thing I've noticed with mice is that hand gunk gets into the joins and gaps on the surface of the mouse. It's particularly bad on my deathadder, since the LMB and RMB form part of the top panel of the mouse, so the gap is wider. I find myself often cleaning gunk out with a business card. Now obviously the shell needs holes where the buttons are, but would it be feasible to design a mouse where the shell had no joins anywhere on the surface where a person's hand would sit during use? Say for example the top and sides where a single piece of plastic?

Thanks in advance and thanks for being willing to engage with the community like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That G602 does look really cool, but no wired mode basically kills it for me. Got a bunch of friends who would really love it though. I wonder what kind of optical sensor it has.

Oh and as for rubberized coating, I'm actually pretty biased against it since I've never had a mouse with it where it didn't start to peal after a few months of use, and then the mouse is basically ruined. Had a G9x that I had to retire after about 3 months of use because of that.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Goo posted:

Windows cannot recognize mouse buttons higher than 5. This is a design decision made by Microsoft. It is a design decision that they have declined to reconsider.

This is the saddest, and yet, most unsurprising thing.

Re: Naga vs G600. I've used both. Naga feels flimsy. G600 feels like a boss. I still don't like the button configuration of either, but if you dig that kind of thing, the G600 is significantly nicer.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Didn't even know there was a G602 in the pipeline. So glad I held off replacing my ailing G700 when the left mouse button started dying. I just remapped it to another button and kept on rocking, but I've certainly been looking to upgrade.

But how do you recharge the G602? From Logitech's website and the support page, it looks like you have to replace the batteries.

There's no bloody way I'm pulling the batteries out once a week to recharge the drat thing and having no mouse for however long that takes. What a completely loving stupid design decision.

For the love of god, bring back the cradle!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

Didn't even know there was a G602 in the pipeline. So glad I held off replacing my ailing G700 when the left mouse button started dying. I just remapped it to another button and kept on rocking, but I've certainly been looking to upgrade.

But how do you recharge the G602? From Logitech's website and the support page, it looks like you have to replace the batteries.

There's no bloody way I'm pulling the batteries out once a week to recharge the drat thing and having no mouse for however long that takes. What a completely loving stupid design decision.

The batteries supposedly last a minimum of 250 hours, under maximum performance mode. That's a big part of the deal that makes this new mouse so impressive.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Yeah I personally find the G600 to be a bit better ergonomically, when compared to the Naga, and it lacks the flimsy feel tot he clickers and the thumb buttons are easier to push. Although, I have a gripe with the 1-3 button being tapered the wrong direction making them more difficult to push. The should instead be tapered outwards as opposed to inwards so that you only need to move your thumb a minimal distance before you can push down the 1-3 buttons. As for the durability of the G600 I'll leave that to someone else to address.

From my experience, of owning two Razer mice, they both developed an annoying double-clicking issue that pissed me the gently caress off. Considering I paid quite a lot of money for the Lachesis and Naga, one would think they would be more durable. I really hope my G600 does not develop that issue.

The one certain thing is I don't plan on buying another Razer mouse product.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 31, 2013

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I don't know how anyone could consider the Naga over the G600. Its tiny, feels like crap, and has Razer QC issues. G600 is a giant comfy beast with a much better layout, and its Logitech. I don't use a Logitech as my main mouse (Func MS-3) but I've used many and picked one up (M705) as a backup/laptop mouse while I wait for my Func warranty, and I'd definitely suggest Logitech to anyone looking for a mouse who doesn't know specifically what they're looking for and who doesn't want to have to search through multiple companies online. Logitechs are readily available and great quality with the best customer service. Razer has gradually decreasing quality, but has their name in the gamer scene, so they get lots of sales because of that. I would never suggest one.

Now on the other hand, SetPoint doesn't work with games for me. I have to turn it off to even use the thumb buttons in game, and I can't use the program-specific settings that I should be able to through setpoint. I just want to have my thumb buttons hit q and r when I'm in games, damnit.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Zowie fk owners, did your right-click and left - click sound/feel different initially? I don't mind it too much, but I'm curious

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
They use different microswitches (the left is top quality for obvious reasons) so it's supposed to be like that.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks!

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Horizontal Tree posted:

I don't know how anyone could consider the Naga over the G600. Its tiny, feels like crap, and has Razer QC issues. G600 is a giant comfy beast with a much better layout, and its Logitech. I don't use a Logitech as my main mouse (Func MS-3) but I've used many and picked one up (M705) as a backup/laptop mouse while I wait for my Func warranty, and I'd definitely suggest Logitech to anyone looking for a mouse who doesn't know specifically what they're looking for and who doesn't want to have to search through multiple companies online. Logitechs are readily available and great quality with the best customer service. Razer has gradually decreasing quality, but has their name in the gamer scene, so they get lots of sales because of that. I would never suggest one.

The Naga 2014 is a completely different mouse to the old one. This is from someone who hated the old one. It has solid thumb buttons now, fits in the hand much better, and has a boss scroll wheel compared to the G700 (have never used a G600 so can't compare to that). Personally, I found the way the G700 shaped mice arch too steeply at the back very uncomfortable. The new Naga feels like it's designed to fit the shape of my (large) hands. Of course I haven't had it long enough to give any indication whether their long term build has improved.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Betjeman posted:

The Naga 2014 is a completely different mouse to the old one. This is from someone who hated the old one. It has solid thumb buttons now, fits in the hand much better, and has a boss scroll wheel compared to the G700 (have never used a G600 so can't compare to that). Personally, I found the way the G700 shaped mice arch too steeply at the back very uncomfortable. The new Naga feels like it's designed to fit the shape of my (large) hands. Of course I haven't had it long enough to give any indication whether their long term build has improved.

So is it wider or longer than the original? I still have it on backorder. So if it is too big i atill have time to cancel the order. Thanks.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

lethial posted:

So is it wider or longer than the original? I still have it on backorder. So if it is too big i atill have time to cancel the order. Thanks.

It's slightly wider, but mainly it's more rounded than the original. The pinky side slopes more. The main thing that makes it work for me better is that the thumb buttons no longer require so much force to press, so it's easier for me to grip.

The page on the razer site (http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-mice/razer-naga) shows them side by side, if you have an old naga to compare you can probably make your mind up from that. They look pretty much to scale.

Betjeman fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 1, 2013

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The Lord Bude posted:

The batteries supposedly last a minimum of 250 hours, under maximum performance mode. That's a big part of the deal that makes this new mouse so impressive.

Oh, I love all the specs for it, I just think that having no capability to charge the mouse without having to take the batteries out and render the mouse completely useless for however many hours it takes to charge is a really poor design decision.

Unless those batteries charge in five minutes, what will users be left doing every week and a half when they run out?

For every time you remember to open the mouse up, remove the batteries and put them in the unspecified charger, there will an equal number of times you forget and try to use your mouse the next day only to find you have an ergonomic paperweight.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ergonomically speaking, has anything surpassed the MX518/G400s?

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Oh, I love all the specs for it, I just think that having no capability to charge the mouse without having to take the batteries out and render the mouse completely useless for however many hours it takes to charge is a really poor design decision.

Unless those batteries charge in five minutes, what will users be left doing every week and a half when they run out?

For every time you remember to open the mouse up, remove the batteries and put them in the unspecified charger, there will an equal number of times you forget and try to use your mouse the next day only to find you have an ergonomic paperweight.

It uses regular AA batteries dude. If they die, you just swap in new ones.

Requested_Username posted:

Func MS-3

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

NihilCredo posted:

Hey Goo, I isolated a rather sneaky bug with the latest LGS (8.50.281). Since the guy who helped me in the thread is just a user, and since I don't think support is the right channel for this, can you please forward it to the software team?
I will forward that to the QA and software teams when I get back from PAX. Thanks.

lethial posted:

5. G600 has a rough texture that felt better (I can't really say what is the scientific reason for this, maybe Goo can explain it better, but the rough surface just feels much better after long hours of gaming when my hands are usually sweaty)
A bumpier surface gives more surface area for your skin to grip when it starts to sweat, as well as more places for sweat to escape rather than act as a lubricant between your skin and the surface. We use a standard MT type texture with a matte UV-cured protective finish on the G600.

The Lord Bude posted:

Some Questions for Goo regarding the upcoming G602 which is making me rather excited in my pants:

1. Does the mouse prefer a hard or soft mousing surface?

2. What are the Dimensions of the mouse (and why isn't this information included in specs for your mice on the logitech website?)

3. What sort of batteries are the 250 hour battery life estimate based on? Standard Alkaline Batteries? High performance Lithium batteries?

4. The mousewheel looks oddly smooth in pictures - I assume it still spins in notches?, a mousewheel without notches is a dealbreaker for gaming.

5. Can you go into more detail on the surface material - It looks kinda glossy in pictures, is it a more rubberised soft touch kinda plastic, or a hard smooth material?

6. I assume as an optical sensor it is free of any acceleration?

7. The 500hz polling rate isn't a big issue for me, but I'm curious as to why you didn't include 1000hz, and just implement a 3 mode switch instead of a 2 mode switch for the power profile, thus giving gamers who insist on 1000hz the option to trade battery life for polling rate?

8. How stiff are the side buttons?

Some more general feedback for your feedback hat:

I really like the new aesthetic direction this mouse represents. Aesthetics have been a major contributing factor towards me not having purchased a logitech mouse up till now, so the new direction is great to see.

I'm keen to see the following trends for mice:

- Greater use of rubberised coatings, since they are grippier and produce less sweat

- More defined pinkie ledges so that palm grippers don't have ring and pinky fingers trailing on the mousing surface.

One thing I've noticed with mice is that hand gunk gets into the joins and gaps on the surface of the mouse. It's particularly bad on my deathadder, since the LMB and RMB form part of the top panel of the mouse, so the gap is wider. I find myself often cleaning gunk out with a business card. Now obviously the shell needs holes where the buttons are, but would it be feasible to design a mouse where the shell had no joins anywhere on the surface where a person's hand would sit during use? Say for example the top and sides where a single piece of plastic?

1 - Mouse sensors don't really care whether they're on a hard or soft surface. What matters are the reflectivity characteristics of the surface they're on and how the sensor is configured to receive the light bounced off of it. G602's sensor works well on all of the gaming surfaces we've tested it on except for some weird ones that no one ever really bought like red glass.

2 - As mentioned above, dimensions are almost identical to G700. I don't have a ruler in my hotel so I can't be more precise.

3 - It is not an estimate. We put the thing on a turntable with 2xAA alkaline batteries (1500 mAh @ 1.5v) and ran it until it died. It took over 250 hours. Actual time between battery swaps is significantly longer because even when you're using the mouse heavily you're not running the sensor 100% of the time you're using it.

4 - The tire is smooth, but the material is grippy. The wheel is ratcheted, not frictionless.

5 - The primary keys are sprayed with a matte clearcoat like the G700 or G600. The grip areas left and right are sprayed with a coating that is about halfway between the dry-grip material we use on G700s/G500s and the soft touch coating we use on G400s. It is grippy without feeling sandpapery. The palm/knuckle rest area is a rubber overmold. The only parts that are glossy are the silverish breakup lines between the various touch zones - where hands generally don't make contact.

6 - The sensor is illuminated by an IR LED and is very similar in performance to the G100s.

7 - The goal for G602 was maximizing battery life while delivering a great gaming experience. For gamers that absolutely need a 1ms report rate, we have G700s and many wired gaming mice.

8 - Button force is similar to G700s.

Thanks for the feedback on the design. It's a significant step away from what we've done before and I always hold my breath a little when we do that - hoping other people think it's interesting rather than terrible.

Doing a large living hinge design like you're describing is possible but introduces a lot of complexity and potential to twist - which will create a less-good clicking experience overall.

Gorilla Salad posted:

My G602 took about 2.5 months to go through one set of batteries using it for work and gaming, and it's been over 2 months since I put the second set in. The mouse ships with two AA alkaline batteries, but it works fine with NiMH as well.

Goo fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 1, 2013

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Goo posted:

My G602 took about 2.5 months to go through one set of batteries using it for work and gaming, and it's been over 2 months since I put the second set in. The mouse ships with two AA alkaline batteries, but it works fine with NiMH as well.

Ah, with what they were saying about how long the batteries lasted, I was thinking they were special (read: expensive) rechargeables. If I can just toss in the rechargeables I already have, that'll be great.

Also, I was looking at local prices for the G602, and a good thing it's on special:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Goo posted:

I will forward that to the QA and software teams when I get back from PAX. Thanks.
A bumpier surface gives more surface area for your skin to grip when it starts to sweat, as well as more places for sweat to escape rather than act as a lubricant between your skin and the surface. We use a standard MT type texture with a matte UV-cured protective finish on the G600.

1 - Mouse sensors don't really care whether they're on a hard or soft surface. What matters are the reflectivity characteristics of the surface they're on and how the sensor is configured to receive the light bounced off of it. G602's sensor works well on all of the gaming surfaces we've tested it on except for some weird ones that no one ever really bought like red glass.

2 - As mentioned above, dimensions are almost identical to G700. I don't have a ruler in my hotel so I can't be more precise.

3 - It is not an estimate. We put the thing on a turntable with 2xAA alkaline batteries (1500 mAh @ 1.5v) and ran it until it died. It took over 250 hours. Actual time between battery swaps is significantly longer because even when you're using the mouse heavily you're not running the sensor 100% of the time you're using it.

4 - The tire is smooth, but the material is grippy. The wheel is ratcheted, not frictionless.

5 - The primary keys are sprayed with a matte clearcoat like the G700 or G600. The grip areas left and right are sprayed with a coating that is about halfway between the dry-grip material we use on G700s/G500s and the soft touch coating we use on G400s. It is grippy without feeling sandpapery. The palm/knuckle rest area is a rubber overmold. The only parts that are glossy are the silverish breakup lines between the various touch zones - where hands generally don't make contact.

6 - The sensor is illuminated by an IR LED and is very similar in performance to the G100s.

7 - The goal for G602 was maximizing battery life while delivering a great gaming experience. For gamers that absolutely need a 1ms report rate, we have G700s and many wired gaming mice.

8 - Button force is similar to G700s.

Thanks for the feedback on the design. It's a significant step away from what we've done before and I always hold my breath a little when we do that - hoping other people think it's interesting rather than terrible.

Doing a large living hinge design like you're describing is possible but introduces a lot of complexity and potential to twist - which will create a less-good clicking experience overall.

Thanks for the response. To clarify, I wasn't suggesting you implement a deathadder style hinge - I hate them - I was using them to describe how hand gunk gets stuck in the seam that runs along the side of the mouse because having the buttons be part of the top surface of the mouse like razer does makes the seams wider, and the seams run along the top of the mouse, making them constantly under your hand.

I also want to thank logitech for designing what is to my knowledge the only wireless gaming mouse with an optical sensor. As a gamer who would never use a laser sensor, I've spent ages wondering why there weren't any and hoping somebody would make one - It's always felt like optical sensors were reserved for cheap low end mice, (though I understand the marketing reasons behind that) and I'm glad to finally have a premium product to buy.

And once again I love the new direction - nothing says premium product like simple black and silver - logitech mice in the past -I'm looking specifically at the aesthetic exemplified by the G400, G500 and G700 - have always seemed kinda cheap and tacky, and that super smooth finish to the top surface of those mice was terrible. The new design on the G602 looks much nicer.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Gorilla Salad posted:

Ah, with what they were saying about how long the batteries lasted, I was thinking they were special (read: expensive) rechargeables. If I can just toss in the rechargeables I already have, that'll be great.

Also, I was looking at local prices for the G602, and a good thing it's on special:

Even odder is that it's only $80 on Logitech's site: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse

This is looking like the first wireless mouse I might get since the awesome MX1000. Then again, I don't really NEED a new mouse since my Drakonia is in good shape and I really like it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Pssst, check out the original price

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Pssst, check out the original price

$900 off man, seems like a pretty good deal to me. :downs:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Obese FYAD Reject posted:

Then again, I don't really NEED a new mouse since my Drakonia is in good shape and I really like it.

Sometimes it's about wants, not needs.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The Lord Bude posted:

Sometimes it's about wants, not needs.

I like the way you think!

Also, I got the joke, but thought it was even funnier that the discounted price is $20 over the manufacturer's website.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Requested_Username posted:

Depends on what you find to be comfortable, really. Some mice, including the Func MS-3, Steelseries Ikari, and Mionix Naos have opted for a style that gives your ring finger and pinky a place to rest, while others go for the indented style of the MX518. Then there's the RAT which is adjustable and far more comfortable than it looks. You'll just have to decide what is comfortable for you.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Perhaps someone here can help me. Picked up a Logitech M705 for a backup while I wait for my replacement Func, and its constantly disconnecting. I can't reconnect it to the unifying receiver through the software, and it just says "inactive" in the software. Occasionally it'll randomly start working again for a few minutes, then stop again. I've tried multiple USB ports, reinstalling drivers, etc. Initial googling said that the drivers for my Xbox controller could be interfering, so I unplugged that and it worked for a while, but I got up this morning to having no mouse again. Any ideas?
Defeats the purpose of buying a backup mouse if said backup won't even work.

Kaso
Apr 17, 2006
How come the abyss doesn't gaze also into me ?
Why do my mice constantly have their "clicks" stop working?

I've owned many higher-end mice; Razer Boomslang, Razer Diamondback, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G300. Every one of them has stopped clicking properly, mostly either bouncing (clicking multiple times for each click) or missing clicks altogether.

Has anyone got advice on purchasing a mouse that wont wear out in a year or so of heavy use? Are there ruggedised mice?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well, Razer mice are not really known for their great build quality so that may explain your previous issues.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Kaso posted:

Has anyone got advice on purchasing a mouse that wont wear out in a year or so of heavy use? Are there ruggedised mice?

Don't buy Razer, anything by SteelSeries is good, and if you want pure reliability/durability get a Logitech 400s, those things will work until the apocalypse.

Jimmy Jazz
Dec 25, 2006
Police walked in for me; I wasn't there, 'cause I sure went fast!
Are there any decent quality gaming mice that have thumb buttons both above and below your thumb? I had an old HP gaming mouse with this configuration but the scroll wheel just crapped out on me.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Jimmy Jazz posted:

Are there any decent quality gaming mice that have thumb buttons both above and below your thumb? I had an old HP gaming mouse with this configuration but the scroll wheel just crapped out on me.

The old Microsoft Sidewinder had those, and was a really good mouse overall. I still use one at work!

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
Could I get a bit of a trip-report from people that have the Func MS-3 or the Kone XTD? I saw a few pages/months back that a couple people picked one up and was wondering how your impressions have changed since then. I have a G9x that I love to bits but the right-mouse button and rear-thumb buttons are getting a bit dodgy.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Sterling_Archer posted:

Could I get a bit of a trip-report from people that have the Func MS-3 or the Kone XTD? I saw a few pages/months back that a couple people picked one up and was wondering how your impressions have changed since then. I have a G9x that I love to bits but the right-mouse button and rear-thumb buttons are getting a bit dodgy.

MS-3 is a fantastic mouse. Incredibly comfortable for palmers. Buttons are all super high quality and clicky, except for the bottom thumb which has more resistance, since your thumb rests on it. Layout is great, mouse wheel is great and indexed well.
I had an issue with two separate mice where the cable was defective. First was replaced through Newegg, second through Funcs warranty support. I'm mailing it out today, they sent me a shipping label (which took some time as FedEx didn't send me the first one as they should have. Func support had to send me it as a PDF) but their responses were fast. I was told they'll ship the replacement as soon as FedEx confirms that I shipped the defective one.
I believe there was a bad production run or something that caused the cable issues, at least that's the impression I got from supports answer. Bad luck on my part getting 2 of them though. I will definitely let the thread know if I have a problem with the replacement.
I don't want to use another mouse because its so nicely designed and comfortable, but if I have another issue I think I'm gonna have to defect to Logitech and get a G602 or G700.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"

Horizontal Tree posted:

MS-3 is a fantastic mouse. Incredibly comfortable for palmers. Buttons are all super high quality and clicky, except for the bottom thumb which has more resistance, since your thumb rests on it. Layout is great, mouse wheel is great and indexed well.
I had an issue with two separate mice where the cable was defective. First was replaced through Newegg, second through Funcs warranty support. I'm mailing it out today, they sent me a shipping label (which took some time as FedEx didn't send me the first one as they should have. Func support had to send me it as a PDF) but their responses were fast. I was told they'll ship the replacement as soon as FedEx confirms that I shipped the defective one.
I believe there was a bad production run or something that caused the cable issues, at least that's the impression I got from supports answer. Bad luck on my part getting 2 of them though. I will definitely let the thread know if I have a problem with the replacement.
I don't want to use another mouse because its so nicely designed and comfortable, but if I have another issue I think I'm gonna have to defect to Logitech and get a G602 or G700.

Thank you for the info....and the idea to price the Func MS-3 out on Newegg, like $40 cheaper compared to amazon.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Welp, my Logitech M705 started working last night, and lasted until this afternoon where it randomly decided to be a piece of poo poo at connecting. ANYONE have an idea what might be going on with it?

Horizontal Tree posted:

Perhaps someone here can help me. Picked up a Logitech M705 for a backup while I wait for my replacement Func, and its constantly disconnecting. I can't reconnect it to the unifying receiver through the software, and it just says "inactive" in the software. Occasionally it'll randomly start working again for a few minutes, then stop again. I've tried multiple USB ports, reinstalling drivers, etc. Initial googling said that the drivers for my Xbox controller could be interfering, so I unplugged that and it worked for a while, but I got up this morning to having no mouse again. Any ideas?
Defeats the purpose of buying a backup mouse if said backup won't even work.

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 4, 2013

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy
Drivers should have nothing to do with the M705 being able to connect to the receiver and work in Windows as a mouse. The standard MS HID mouse driver will give you access to the majority of the functionality of that product. If it's failing on multiple computers with fresh batteries (and clean battery contacts) I would recommend contacting Support. It could be anything from a bad wireless environment to a bad mouse. They'll have suggestions for you.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I pulled the trigger on the G602, but then stupidly realized I haven't seen a release date set for it. Any idea when it ships? :confused:

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy
Depends on your region, and even then it's tough to give a date. They are mostly still on boats, and once they get off the boat it takes a while to get through the channel. It will likely be a couple weeks in the US, somewhere between a couple weeks and a month or more depending on which EU country you might ask about, and it's impossible to say for APJ.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Thanks, Goo. I'm in the US and can definitely wait a few weeks. Amazon said 1-2 months so I wasn't too worried. I'm pumped! This will be my first "MMO" mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unboxing Day
Nov 4, 2003

I'm looking for a new mouse.

I use a 'claw' grip, as described by the Razor website. My favorite mouse was the Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical, which I quite liked the feel of and _loved_ how it tracked, but the build quality was terrible and I kept running into issues with mouse buttons that stopped working and mice wheels that registered 'ghost clicks'. I currently have a Logitech Marathon Mouse 705, which is fine for everyday use but the mousewheel is awful at anything that isn't scrolling through a document and the middle click is pretty inconvenient for gaming. Also it's wireless and doesn't feel quite as responsive as my old wired mice.

I want something wired and similar shape to a WMO, but preferably something I don't have to buy a new one of every nine months....used WMO's are expensive now and I'd prefer to pay a little more for a mouse that will last a while. The deathadder looks promising, but I've heard less than kind things about their build quality. Also, because I use a claw grip, mice that have side buttons need to have them out of the way of my thumb so I don't press them by accident.