Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I unlocked something that got me to make a decision between the pump action and auto shotguns. The Genki skin. Thank goodness turning the difficulty down to casual makes that challenge really easy.

Also, I'd been meaning to for a while, but thanks to Saint's Row I finally got round to watching They Live. Never thought that a video game would be the thing that finally pushed me into it. There's quite a few similarities between the stories in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

prefect posted:

Listen to the classical station more. The songs are great, and it has the best DJ.

Agreed; I don't think I listened to anything but the classical and dubstep stations. You don't need anything else to complete your Saints Row Experience™.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
I do wish he recited Pride and Prejudice a bit less or did more then the first chapter otherwise perfect station.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I did the Asha missions and unlocked the Laser Sword costume, but can't find it in my wardrobe. Am I missing it somewhere?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

-Fish- posted:

I did the Asha missions and unlocked the Laser Sword costume, but can't find it in my wardrobe. Am I missing it somewhere?

It's a costume for the weapon, not for you. You can find the new customization at Friendly Fire.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

-Fish- posted:

If you want to dress like a Jedi, I believe the "Desert Dweller" suit (or outfit?) is at "Let's Pretend".

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I made an attempt at creating Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer after failing to find one on the website (searching for "faith" just seems to bring up a whole lot of versions of Faith from Mirror's Edge). Unfortunately I'm not good with faces, and there doesn't seem to be a denim jacket (just a sleeveless vest) but I did the best I could manage.

I'm still not very happy with it at all.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
Has anyone else run into an issue using a wired 360 controller on the PC version where every time you shoot, it stutters? I started the tutorial and thought the assault rifle was semiautomatic and I was having computer performance problems, but it turns out it was just the right trigger that was causing the game to stutter. When I switched to mouse/keyboard it played perfectly fine.

Not a huge problem, but it'd be nice to be able to use the gamepad.

edit: forgot to mention i did install the latest drivers for the 360 gamepad.

mushi fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 3, 2013

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Aside from bugs, the only serious problem I had during my playthrough was that the Left Bumper on my controller wasn't very responsive so I'd be gliding for a second then Air Dash three times until I fell to the ground even though I never adjusted the pressure I applied to the button. I thought it was on the game's end but switching to an older controller fixed that problem.

Croccers posted:

Just having finished the Vice King's story in Saints Row 1 and uhh.... I don't really see why King was all hung up on it in this 4.
He escapes the takeover and kills Mila Kunis without too much woes or anything. Hell, in the cutscene where they try to kill him in the boardroom and take over the VK's, King just charges over the table with an AK. Warren Williams was the one confronting King about the takeover the most too.

I thought the only reason why Warren was even willing to challenge King was because of Tanya's influence. Without her, his lieutenants wouldn't have undermined his authority so much. Also, he built the gang from the ground up and to see it turn on him must have really hit him hard.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tiggum posted:

I made an attempt at creating Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer after failing to find one on the website (searching for "faith" just seems to bring up a whole lot of versions of Faith from Mirror's Edge). Unfortunately I'm not good with faces, and there doesn't seem to be a denim jacket (just a sleeveless vest) but I did the best I could manage.

I'm still not very happy with it at all.

You need to take a picture of her with the two Shaundis.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Top Gear: Steelport- Raycaster vs. Gravity

The Raycaster has a reputation for flying through the streets, but today we'll find out if the same is true... in the air.

And we're off to a promising start.

Manufactured in nearby Stilwater, the Raycaster's carbon-fiber body and alloy frame make it an agile and popular choice in fake Steelport.

As the car plummets into Earth's concrete bosom I begin calculating my odds. Can this little marvel survive Nature's irresistable force?

I've got a good feeling about this.

It seems I neglected to account for the unlimited reserve tank filled with nitrous and the endless supply of fuel on board. The results were not good.

Incredibly, however, the little wondercar from Stilwater survived the impact! Cradled in the nearby river, the Raycaster has earned it's reputation as a true flying machine.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Has anyone tried the Dubstep Gun Expansion yet? What are the new tunes like?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

I thought the only reason why Warren was even willing to challenge King was because of Tanya's influence. Without her, his lieutenants wouldn't have undermined his authority so much. Also, he built the gang from the ground up and to see it turn on him must have really hit him hard.
Warren was willing to challenge King because Warren wanted to go out and bust caps in 3rd Street asses :whatup: But King wanted to pull Police strings into dealing with them instead. Tanya's kidnapping hoes and stuff was never really confirmed if King was against that or not but for the most part she was on Warren's side wanting to take the fight to the Saints too.
At the end of the act King doesn't seem traumatised by it. He kills Tanya and sure he has to leave but by the second game he's written a book.

I'm still just bugged that they didn't bring back Dex into this :colbert:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Icedude posted:

The metal version is good and thrashy, but the Classical skin plays Ride of the Valkyrie :allears:.

e: The Metal version is like 80% explosive wubs. The Classical one has very few wubs. Polka and Swing are both on par with the Pop Star skin in terms of wub output.

e2: Also worth mentioning that the DLC Dubstep Gun is not just skins for the one you put points in, it's a separate gun that you'll need up re-upgrade, and probably the reason everyone had two Dubstep Guns for a while.

Reiley fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 3, 2013

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Icedude posted:

Not yet, but the commercial for it on steam is pretty hilarious. :allears:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There wasn't much else for them to call back on with King besides his crew turning on him, and in the simulation's case he doesn't escape like he did in real life, Tony and Tanya kill him every time and his old friend Julius and the Saints are never there to help him.

I did think that they had Warren and Tony's bit parts backwards though, Warren should have been in King's simulation and Tony should have been in Gat's. Tony is one who shot Gat in the leg and is dead by the time Warren and Tanya stage their takeover.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Reiley posted:

The metal version is good and thrashy, but the Classical skin plays Ride of the Valkyrie :allears:.

drat, I want to get that pack now.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I know I should wait for the inevitable sale to get the DLC, but something tells me I'm gonna get drunk and buy it all.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Spaceman Bill posted:

I know I should wait for the inevitable sale to get the DLC, but something tells me I'm gonna get drunk and buy it all.

Yeah, there'll be some sort of Ultimate Edition down the line with everything included.

But then I don't get to use a polka dubstep gun right now, so gently caress that poo poo.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Icedude posted:

While I was a little upset that it's a separate weapon so none of my upgrades to the original were applied, it's worth it just for the ability to kill peds and aliens with polka and classical music. :allears:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Starhawk64 posted:

While I was a little upset that it's a separate weapon so none of my upgrades to the original were applied, it's worth it just for the ability to kill peds and aliens with polka and classical music. :allears:

I wonder if it would be possible for them to let the user pick the song for the dubstep gun. Like, just pick an MP3 off my machine and use that.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

prefect posted:

I wonder if it would be possible for them to let the user pick the song for the dubstep gun. Like, just pick an MP3 off my machine and use that.

On the Saints Row Mods forum one of the devs explained that for every song they had to manually mark all the beats/wubs/whatever to get the gun's shots to sync up, so probably not possible.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Emong posted:

On the Saints Row Mods forum one of the devs explained that for every song they had to manually mark all the beats/wubs/whatever to get the gun's shots to sync up, so probably not possible.

You know what? I'm okay with that. I'm just grateful they didn't brush off the question. :tipshat:

(But if it was possible for users to mark up songs and submit them to the Rock Band people, maybe...)

VVVV I forgot about copyright issues. :doom:

prefect fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 3, 2013

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

prefect posted:

You know what? I'm okay with that. I'm just grateful they didn't brush off the question. :tipshat:

(But if it was possible for users to mark up songs and submit them to the Rock Band people, maybe...)

I mean, it's super possible that you could mod it in. But then that would require a ton of work on your end to get it going, and you can't put a song online because it'd most likely require you to share a copyrighted music file which would be a big no-no.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Picked up that DLC just now, and god drat the Metal Dubstep Gun is broken as hell :allears:

The Polka skin makes me want to make a Weird Al boss.

prefect posted:

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make our own markup files when the modding tools come out. I don't see why they'd leave that out. Sharing the songs themselves would be a big no-no of course, but just the markups would probably be fine.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I enjoy listening to the Classical station and The Mix, but drat the latter seems to play The Touch so much less than all the other songs.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Roach Warehouse posted:

I enjoy listening to the Classical station and The Mix, but drat the latter seems to play The Touch so much less than all the other songs.

The one down-side of listening to the Mix a lot is that when the songs get used in missions, it's a little less special, because you already know the song exists in the game.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Am I odd for not wanting to do the romances for everyone? I just can't bring myself to romance Pierce, Gat, and Shaundi. They're my bros and it would just be too weird to see. :smith:

Oh god I realized I just friend zoned Pierce and he's wearing a fedora. :v:

E: I think the tracks play in a specific order, at least with the mixtape stuff. So that might be a reason why it sounds really limited.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 3, 2013

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Lyer posted:

E: I think the tracks play in a specific order, at least with the mixtape stuff. So that might be a reason why it sounds really limited.

I imagine hearing the music when you're on foot now too contributes to the limited selection feeling.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
At least it's not as bad as the radio stations in GTA2 on the dreamcast

As far as I remember, the entire radio station played songs and messages in the same order, and from the very start of the entire playlist, EVERY time you entered a vehicle

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lyer posted:

I don't think the radio stations play in a specific order. I know there are bits of DJ patter that sometimes get used and sometimes don't, so it's not all predetermined.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I could swear there are multiple bits of DJ chat for some of the songs too, not always the same one. But I could just be getting things mixed up.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Is it possible to get a Bear (APC) or Challenger (not-M1A1 Abrams) in this game? I've seen them in Mayhem but I can't seem to get into them. If I cause enough chaos, the cops will turn into aliens instead of having the military come out.

Now, I did find a military base with Helicopters and Bulldogs (Hummers) on it, but I haven't seen any tanks there. Is the alien tank the only one you can get in this game? Because c'mon, I'm the President of the USA, I wanna be driving around in a good ol' 'murrican tank.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Gammatron 64 posted:

Is it possible to get a Bear (APC) or Challenger (not-M1A1 Abrams) in this game? I've seen them in Mayhem but I can't seem to get into them. If I cause enough chaos, the cops will turn into aliens instead of having the military come out.

Now, I did find a military base with Helicopters and Bulldogs (Hummers) on it, but I haven't seen any tanks there. Is the alien tank the only one you can get in this game? Because c'mon, I'm the President of the USA, I wanna be driving around in a good ol' 'murrican tank.

Asking this as well, because one of my favorite things in SRTT was to call in my tanks, get my homies to man them, and drive through town or jump them into the zombie island.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Bears pop early - if you're running around starting a bunch of poo poo before really going into the storyline, you can jack one. And lategame missions, they appear as well - not sure if you can bust loose to grab one then, but then it's not like you have to take 'em to a garage anymore, either. :getin:

I know the Kinzie vs. Temple loyalty mission has those tanks, I didn't nab it because I had other fun stuff.

The Bear was my go-to ride for doing Snatch in SR2 - fully upgrade, flip on the sirens because :black101:, and nitrous your way through everyone. (Avoid sharp turns. :ohdear:)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Man I am starting to really hate the radio in this game.

I've heard that god damned song they used for Kraft ads a few years back like 500 times so far.

IT'S CRUMBALIEVEABLE!!!!

Wait, so you're telling me there's someone old enough to remember the Kraft ads using that song, but they've apparently never heard the original? How? That song played constantly back in the early 90's, on every radio and in mall department stores... it was pretty prevalent and popular.

Also I genuinely like that stupid song :colbert:

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
I might as well delete Prototype off my hard drive after beating this right? I was going to go back to it after maybe putting 4hrs into it and getting distracted by something else a few months ago. I'm guessing there is nothing Saints Row 4 didn't do better?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Oh god drat it, a dubstep gun remix pack? That's the one thing I was hoping they'd do, and they did it right when I have no money. :negative:

Well, until tomorrow. I'll probably get some birthday cash, and immediately spend it on this. :v:

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Come on Volition, custom radio stations. Rockstar has been doing it for literally over a decade.

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

The Bear was my go-to ride for doing Snatch in SR2 - fully upgrade, flip on the sirens because :black101:, and nitrous your way through everyone. (Avoid sharp turns. :ohdear:)

Couldn't it also carry like 5 passengers, making those Snatch missions much, much shorter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I won't rest until Pump Up The Jam is on Mixx

• Locked thread