Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I just took it as switching between the face you'd put on for subjects and petitioners and the face you'd put on for friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Son of Mars is the best episode.

I love the fact that it exists just to provide an in-continuity explanation for the most seemingly random part of the original pilot - the "Lincoln on Mars" dream sequence. Plus any appearance of Magic Man automatically elevates an episode, he's such a delightful jerk.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Everybody, there's a new king in town.

Get ready.
New episode descriptions are out!

Time Sandwich September 09, 2013,
Jake crafts the most delicious sandwich ever, but when Magic Man steals it, Finn must defy laws of space and time to win back Jake's creation.
The Vault September 16, 2013
When Finn starts sleepwalking and dreaming about the Green Lady he filed away in his memory vault, Jake and BMO help him tap into his repressed memories to uncover a secret past.
Love Games September 23, 2013
Slime Princess needs a husband or else she'll lose the Slime Kingdom to her obnoxious sister. Finn steps in to save the day, but first they will need to win a series of Love Games to prove to Slime Princess's dad that they are really in love.
Dungeon Train September 30, 2013
Finn and Jake discover a train where every car is a dungeon filled with a new foe for Finn to fight. Jake quickly gets bored and wants to leave, but Finn is having the best time and doesn't want to leave... ever!

Next rebound on Finn's list is Slime Princess, calling it now :smuggo:

Also someone totally called it with The Vault. Forgot who it was.

MojoKingBee fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 6, 2013

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Dungeon Train is going to be a classic.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Get ready.
Every single dungeon episode so far has been a favorite of mine.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Love Games is gonna be amazing and everyone is probably gonna hate it for some reason. That is my prediction.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Love Games is about marrying an illegal immigrant to keep her in the US and trying to fool the INS as to the validity of the marriage

MindTheGap
Jul 24, 2007

axleblaze posted:

Love Games is gonna be amazing and everyone is probably gonna hate it for some reason. That is my prediction.
I have this exact same feeling. This is just poor Pen Ward trying to get Slime Princess some acclaim, as she is his favorite princess. The fanfic brigade is not going to like this.

I've wanted to watch "Time Sandwich" for four weeks now. It feels like I'm about to jump out of the car to pee after a four hour car ride.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Steve Yun posted:

Love Games is about marrying an illegal immigrant to keep her in the US and trying to fool the INS as to the validity of the marriage

A tale as old as time

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

MojoKingBee posted:

Love Games September 23, 2013
Slime Princess needs a husband or else she'll lose the Slime Kingdom to her obnoxious sister. Finn steps in to save the day, but first they will need to win a series of Love Games to prove to Slime Princess's dad that they are really in love.

So, they really are making an Old Gregg episode then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYivGrFkgIk

Works for me.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

I wouldn't want to call her evil because she thinks she's doing the right thing
But that's the best kind of evil! :unsmigghh:

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
Every one of those episode descriptions sounds golden. I wonder if The Vault will tie into that unremarkable witch (what was her name again? The one with the shirts...) like some folks spotted. Either way, it was pretty shocking when she appeared, and I loved how Finn locked it away, so I'm looking forward to some shenanigans!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The description to Dungeon Train is interesting, are we sure Finn isn't an ork? :orks101:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Vault, foreshadowed in Sky Witch with the Green Lady painting. Will it be Finn's mom?

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

I hope it's something like that. I don't think the hints about Finn's past in season one ever got followed up on.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MariusLecter posted:

The description to Dungeon Train is interesting, are we sure Finn isn't an ork? :orks101:

Well, there is a poster in the 40k thread with this avatar:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Didn't he put the horrors of the haunted house episode in the vault?

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Get ready.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Didn't he put the horrors of the haunted house episode in the vault?

That's what the episode description is referring to

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
That haunted house ghost was some seriously hosed up crazy poo poo, I'm curious what else he's stuffed into the vault.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

scary ghost dog posted:

That haunted house ghost was some seriously hosed up crazy poo poo, I'm curious what else he's stuffed into the vault.

I want another King Worm. Please be another King Worm...

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

scary ghost dog posted:

If he doesn't have something about his parents in there I'll be very surprised. The vault is the perfect place for foreshadowing.

I have a theory that some humans survived on the main continents and baby Finn was lost at sea somehow. His fear of the ocean fits in to it as well!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

MojoKingBee posted:

The Vault September 16, 2013
When Finn starts sleepwalking and dreaming about the Green Lady he filed away in his memory vault, Jake and BMO help him tap into his repressed memories to uncover a secret past.

Holy crap, start your speculation engines.

Also, maybe I'm weird, but I'm most excited for Love Games! Although new Magic Man sounds fantastic, too. Ahhh, these all have great synopses!

superjew posted:

If he doesn't have something about his parents in there I'll be very surprised. The vault is the perfect place for foreshadowing.

I have a theory that some humans survived on the main continents and baby Finn was lost at sea somehow. His fear of the ocean fits in to it as well!

One popular theory is that Finn's mom drowned in the ocean. The ending credits song makes reference to living in a "house by the sea", so maybe the house from The Creeps literally was Finn's old house and that's why his mom's ghost was there.

I kind of hope not, though.

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 7, 2013

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Well we have confirmation that Mr. House BMO's creator was a human and still survives...so other humans being around is likely

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Get ready.

MrTpug posted:

Well we have confirmation that Mr. House BMO's creator was a human and still survives...so other humans being around is likely

Oh goddammit, now I'll never get the image of Moe as Mr. House out of my head

MindTheGap
Jul 24, 2007
I'm fairly convinced that Susan Strong and Finn are related. Sister/brother, to be specific, since there are a few theories out there that she's his mom, and I'm not really a fan of that for several reasons.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
When Finn was a buff baby he had some resemblance to Susan Strong.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Oh my god all those episodes sound amazing
"Love games?"
"Yes, Slime Princess, love games."

And that horrifying green woman from The Creeps coming back? Augh, muh continuity. :fap:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MindTheGap posted:

I'm fairly convinced that Susan Strong and Finn are related. Sister/brother, to be specific, since there are a few theories out there that she's his mom, and I'm not really a fan of that for several reasons.
I'm guessing that Susan is only half human, half hyooman, and is probably related to Finn is some way.
This would keep Finn's role as 'last human' intact (Moe doesn't count, he's a cyborg).

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
With Futurama gone I need my time travel stories in animation itch scratched. Don't let me down Time Sandwich!

Also, after marathoning most of the episodes I'm totally on board with the Princess Bubblegum x Marceline pairing, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Steve Yun Fanboy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NowonSA posted:

With Futurama gone I need my time travel stories in animation itch scratched. Don't let me down Time Sandwich!

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Time for you to shut the up. :frogc00l:

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you

Calico Heart posted:

One popular theory is that Finn's mom drowned in the ocean. The ending credits song makes reference to living in a "house by the sea", so maybe the house from The Creeps literally was Finn's old house and that's why his mom's ghost was there.

I kind of hope not, though.

Hmm, that would explain his fear of the ocean.

What if the ending song is a lullaby that his mom used to sing to him? Now I'm also hoping that's not the case :cry:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

TheFattestPat posted:

Hmm, that would explain his fear of the ocean.

What if the ending song is a lullaby that his mom used to sing to him? Now I'm also hoping that's not the case :cry:
Oh geez, if they have a flashback and his mom sings a full-length version of the ending song I think I would die. I'm tearing up already just thinking about it.

allgore
May 24, 2002

Adios Bitches

JazzFlight posted:

Oh geez, if they have a flashback and his mom sings a full-length version of the ending song I think I would die. I'm tearing up already just thinking about it.

It wouldn't be as bad if she only sings half the song and yells "Frederator"!

But yeah, what you said would be a heart-breaker. Every time I watched an episode and heard the ending I'd have to fight back the emotions.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Spiffster posted:

Uncle Grandpa

I know this was a while ago, but any opinions now that it's aired? I was pleasantly surprised and found it to be pretty decent.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 8, 2013

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I know this was a while ago, but any opinions now that it's aired? I was pleasantly surprised and found it pretty decent.
I watched the first segment of the premiere and was super turned off. It's just random monkey-cheese "humor" and I think it's a mistake making the main character the "wacky one." I hate Uncle Grandpa's voice, too, and I think it relied too much on his "good morning" catchphrase.

Not a fan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel that Uncle Grandpa is similar to what a lot of people saw the first season of Adventure Time as, just things happening for no reason. But even if the first season of AT was a bit out there, I feel like it still had a little more consistency than Uncle Grandpa does.

Also, why does Uncle Grandpa get a full half hour while everything else gets 15 minute segments?

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel that Uncle Grandpa is similar to what a lot of people saw the first season of Adventure Time as, just things happening for no reason. But even if the first season of AT was a bit out there, I feel like it still had a little more consistency than Uncle Grandpa does.

Also, why does Uncle Grandpa get a full half hour while everything else gets 15 minute segments?

I think that Uncle Grandpa is only a thirty minuet show until they get enough to start showing it in 15 minute segments. I think they did the same with adventure time and Regular show when they started.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Get ready.
Saw a few minutes of it. It doesn't seem bad or anything, but its just so... average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

I know this was a while ago, but any opinions now that it's aired? I was pleasantly surprised and found it to be pretty decent.

I thought it was pretty awful. It had a few clever moments but I found all the characters irritating and the humor really satisfied with how wacky it was while also being convinced that being wacky was enough. Like the show is just really convinced that the name "giant realistic flying tiger" is inherently funny and just say it in full over and over and the thing is it really isn't.

• Locked thread