Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Edited option 3 slightly to make the question clearer. If you intend to arm yourself, even if you do not intend to go to the walls or the battle, you can still pick. If for example, you are voting to go back to Tudiya's home and join his guards, they may offer you choices. Possibly. Or they may just hand you whatever their preference is, if they arm you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
B

Get geared and keep an eye on Danal and Naomi!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Basscop posted:

E: Just like B but guard Danal as we can.

Operation Guard Danal

Did I Just agree with Basscop about something?

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

1. B
2. Whatever equipment they will give us (if nothing then staff) or...
3. B IF they give us equipment and IF we get to choose then a metal staff probably has the best usefulness:our ability ratio.

And for El's sake do not let Danal come with us.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Be smart about this.

C - Take javelins, but grab a small shield while you're at it. It won't get in the way of throwing javelins, but it might save our life if things go south.

Tudya is giving us a big responsibility, and doing the right thing will earn us a lot of trust. Keep Danal close to you, if you can find him, I really don't want him to get any funny ideas about joining the fight.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
1. B, make sure Danal and our mother are safe first. And make sure Danal doesn't run out or do anything stupid.

3. B, stick with what we practiced. And we might be able to keep it.

Lanky Coconut Tree fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 9, 2013

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

my dad posted:

Be smart about this.

C - Take javelins, but grab a small shield while you're at it. It won't get in the way of throwing javelins, but it might save our life if things go south.

Tudya is giving us a big responsibility, and doing the right thing will earn us a lot of trust. Keep Danal close to you, if you can find him, I really don't want him to get any funny ideas about joining the fight.

I agree with this as well. Head back, join the guards and grab javelins+shield if posible. If not, use our staff.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
1B, 3D

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

1. B, make sure Danal and our mother are safe first. And make sure Danal doesn't run out or do anything stupid.

2. B, stick with what we practiced. And we might be able to keep it.

Going with this. Let's convince Danal to protect the chair against all costs.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
1. A. Return to Tudiya's home as he told you to.

3. A. The staff I have practiced beating up straw men with.

Enkidel should just make sure it's at hand. He has no need to be "armed" with it, as he'll likely have some warning if the enemy makes it to the house. If that happens, then he can take up the staff and use it.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
1. B
2. N/A
3. B, or A if we can't find/get a metal staff.

As others have said above: Get Danal, protect Danal and the King's Chair. Also, make sure mom is safe.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Vavrek posted:

1. B
2. N/A
3. B, or A if we can't find/get a metal staff.

As others have said above: Get Danal, protect Danal and the King's Chair. Also, make sure mom is safe.

Voting for this. In case the reason why we're protecting/finding Danal is important, I think we should be trying to prevent him from joining the battle with Tudiya.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

1b and 3c.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. B - The chair is obviously important, and we should know our limitations enough to know that we would only get in the way. Assist in the home defense, and train harder so that next time, we can be useful.

3. B

Absum
May 28, 2013

Vavrek posted:

1. B
2. N/A

This, and 3. C

I am choosing C over A or B because I did not ge the impression we practiced very much or very well with the staff and I think we're still better with javelins.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
1B - Return and arm ourselves. As others have mentioned, we've been burned before by trying stupid heroics before we're ready, so we'll do what we've been told to do by the guy who knows how to handle this kind of poo poo. On the other hand, if we're going to do that, no harm in getting armed and preparing to defend home and hearth in case the worst happens, right? Also, echoing sentiments that we should try to keep Danal reined in while we're at it (but remember not to let that goddamn chair out of our sight whatever we do).

Also, voting 3D - Spear. We're fighting minotaurs here - big giant nasty beefy bastards. Beating one of these things with a stick, even a metal stick, with our fourteen-year-old arms isn't going to do much beyond pissing him off. A sword, meanwhile, is a complicated weapon and probably too much for us if we haven't been training with it. Slings are possibly useful (and deadlier than you'd think), but using one well requires some experience and training, both of which we lack. We're left with spears and javelins, then, both of which have pretty good penetrating power and which are either within our skillset or easy enough to use effectively even without a lot of training. Trouble is, if we're going to be doing any fighting we'll be fighting indoors - and a javelin really needs a touch of gravity to apply in order to get deadly, and isn't as useful as a spear due to its flimsier construction. I therefore conclude we want the spear - easy to use, deadly even with our noodle arms, and not hampered by terrain. Granted, even with a spear we'd probably require a massive dose of luck to survive an encounter, but the odds beat out those of sticks, swords and slings. So vote for spears - the untrained man's choice!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Oh look, another chance to demonstrate that we're still incapable of fighting. Come on guys, this is just like the fight in the forest. If we try and take an active role it's been made as plain as possible that we're just going to get in the way again. A vote for A is a vote for learning from Enkidel's mistakes.

1. + hang out with Danal. I'm hoping some orders, or another vote, come for Danal as long as we're with him.

2. N/A

3. A weapon that we're comfortable and familiar with is probably be more useful than a shiny new weapon with metal.

Edit:

Diogines posted:

You know that giving a slave a weapon is a serious crime, as is theft...
This line from the update makes it completely obvious that having a weapon we don't own is a serious mistake, please, please don't vote for 1B. I don't want to get thrown Enkidel jail or have his hands cut off before he is an adult.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 8, 2013

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

E C D - Head home, grab a spear or two- probably two if they've got loads- from the household guard, find Danal and make sure he stays at home. Pin him down if we have to but preferably talk him into guarding the chair or something ridiculous. Grab our dog while we're there.

We've held a weapon before and regularly practice with one, we should be ok. We got caught sneaking out into the city with a sword and didn't get our hands chopped off.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 8, 2013

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
1. B: Sort of -- Head back to the house, arm ourselves, and find Danal, maybe he'll need some protecting

2. B - We are already training with a staff, use something familiar

3. A

4: Protection of Danal and also to get our dog, who may help us. Who knows if a stray minotaur may make it to the house or something

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Question: How is the weather now? Are there large shiny metal plates in Tudya's home we can grab? Or big mirror we can carry?

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 9, 2013

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

2. B, stick with what we practiced. And we might be able to keep it.

Sounds good to me, voting this.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. You....
A. Return to Tudiya's home as he told you to. Protect the chair, keep Danal in line. Danal is far too young to fight.

B. I own a staff. Don't become a criminal over this.

3. If you intend to arm yourself and if you had your pick, what weapon would you want?
A. The staff I have practiced beating up straw men with.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
BBC

Uberwill
May 1, 2007

我的中文不是很好
1. We intend to go to the walls (D), but first we need to get that chair home. The king told us to and we clearly care about king stuff, given the amount of time spent paying attention to it.

2. A

3. The flute.

4. We are curious but not stupid. An adventurer would never miss a chance to see such a sight, but we are definitely not going to directly disobey the king, especially after so much recent talk of how he is going to kill us for disobeying him/making out with his daughter/etc. Plus, in a metagaming sense, this keeps our options open.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. B
2. B
3. B

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Operation Guard Danal

Did I Just agree with Basscop about something?

I also, despite agreeing with basscop, vote operation guard Danal

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
1B
3C

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. B.
Rush the chair to the palace, then guard Danal. Try to get him to go with us to the city walls, but protecting him remains the priority above everything else.

3. C.
Grab the flute just in case its song does anything special, but when that fails we need some javelins or anything we can throw from the walls.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008

1. Operation Guard Danal. Bring the chair back too.

2. Take a spear. Farther we are when we stab, better off we will be.

I have a bad feeling Danal is going to run off and be a hero. Best to keep him out of the fight.

Globofglob fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 9, 2013

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
1)B

Tudiya specifically asked us to take the chair back to the palace and not to leave the chair. Considering all the things that can go wrong, and might go wrong anyway, it seems wise to just do at least what he asked us to do. Let's also grab Danal, Naomi, and Mommy, and make sure they are safe.

3)C, I think the laws about slaves and weapons might be bent for the slave guarding the king's son when the city is under imminent attack. Not sure what we can do with a hand to hand weapon versus a giant minotaur, let's just grab a spear so we can get an attack off before we're crushed to death.

Edit: Grab our doggy for good measure, and make a prayer to Smattas

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 9, 2013

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
1) A
2) N/A
3) A

We don't want to join the house guard to protect Danal. They will likely be seeking out any monsters who enter the house - the worst possible place for us to take the King's son. If monsters actually reach the house, we want to get Danal as far away from the monsters as possible.

Tudiya posted:

"Take the King's Chair and return home. Do not leave it and do NOT head to the battle!"
I believe the it in that sentence refers to Tudiya's home, not his chair. So Tudiya is asking us not to leave the home.

Skanky Burns fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Sep 9, 2013

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I thought "it" was refering to the chair. As in do not leave the chair behind as you go home, and don't go to the battle.

The chair must be more important that it seems. He really wants us to take it home, away from these merchants and possible invading monsters.

Maybe once we get it home we should sit on it real quick? Not going to linger on it with poo poo going down, just a quick test to be sure it still works after the trip. If it has fancy magical properties maybe our butt will be able to sit without getting sore to match our sandals.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
To be honest, I'm pretty sure "THE CHAIR IS MAGICAL" or even "THE CHAIR IS IMPORTANT" thing is something goons have latched on to - I'm giving it 90% odds that the chair is only of symbolic importance and not even much of that, it's just that one does not leave symbols of state lying around in a marketplace when a battle is on. I just think the King might be slightly impressed if we end up forming some kind of makeshift Boy's Brigade to protect the throne room, the chair, and his son - it'd be silly to him, but it shows a touch of initiative, and is brighter than trying to wade into battle.

Actually, come to think of it, that's a good point - can we round up the other young 'uns in the palace to form a last-ditch defensive guard for the throne room? Show a little leadership, make them feel like they're being useful, and get a few meatshields between us and any minotaurs that make their way in.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I like the idea of forming a mini-brigade of any other young, non-slave men in the palace.

Also, while slaves aren't allowed to use weapons typically, you notice that it is our staff, and that we've been trained in it somewhat? We're a slave, but it's a thing of convenience for the most part. They won't see us having a staff as anything to be worried about, and the King has also caught us with a sword if you recall. He just took it and laughed at our youthful impetuousness.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I thought "it" was refering to the chair. As in do not leave the chair behind as you go home, and don't go to the battle.

The chair must be more important that it seems. He really wants us to take it home, away from these merchants and possible invading monsters.

Maybe once we get it home we should sit on it real quick? Not going to linger on it with poo poo going down, just a quick test to be sure it still works after the trip. If it has fancy magical properties maybe our butt will be able to sit without getting sore to match our sandals.

His attention was obviously shifted pretty drat fast and he instantly commanded us to return home with the chair. "It" must be something more important that requires his chair in his household. "It" could be some sort of divine entity from where he draws his power. We must find "it"

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

"It" could be some kind of coded message. If we convert it numerically using our sophisticated knowledge of mathematics and cryptology we get 9 and many-lots. Or perhaps its reversed, and we need many-lots of nine TIs... TI... emphasising the "Take it" in the original message... oh this Tudiya is a clever one... we have to take the throne back to the palace and circle it on our hands nine-and-many-lots times to complete the ritual and dispel the minotaurs.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Captain Mediocre posted:

"It" could be some kind of coded message. If we convert it numerically using our sophisticated knowledge of mathematics and cryptology we get 9 and many-lots. Or perhaps its reversed, and we need many-lots of nine TIs... TI... emphasising the "Take it" in the original message... oh this Tudiya is a clever one... we have to take the throne back to the palace and circle it on our hands nine-and-many-lots times to complete the ritual and dispel the minotaurs.

Cast flying magic chair at the minotaurs. That will teach them

GaiaFag
Jun 20, 2007
KING OF THE FURRIES (AUTOPILOT ON BITCH)
1) B
3)C
We need to learn the sword sometime if we want to be a great adventurer/warrior.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Tudiya
"Take the King's Chair and return home. Do not leave it and do NOT head to the battle!"

Enkidel
"Umm... Hang on sec big T. I am a bit unclear here.

T
"WHAT!?!? Minotuars? Attacking? Remember?

Enkidel
"Well, when you say 'it' the antecedent is just like tahoootaly unclear."

<sounds of crashing. screams. smell of things burning. Tudiya looks at us once and runs off.>

Enkidel
"Well fine. So rude. There was a giant "NOT" something or other in there too. Did he mean that in the negative sense? I wonder why the King's Hair is so important anyway and where he keeps that?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

"It" meant the kings home. (Facepalm).

Voting is closed. Update will be up soon.