Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hodgepodge posted:

All of this misses that when she thought that Eren was dead, she realized that there were other things in her life to live for, primarily her responsibility to other members of the Scouting Legion.

Even when Eren is taken later, her despair is no longer hers alone, and that's what is pointed out to her and the others- Eren had become the Legion's #1 priority, so they're going after him.

Yeah that's a good point, because that's her acting out of her sense duty to others rather than Eren. Wow I never really thought of that. It's kind of a bummer that Mikasa already seems done with her character development. But I'm sure they'll be more at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 233 days!
Well, Jean still has a huge crush on her. That could go somewhere. And she still has a ~mysterious past~ with regards to her birth family.

Come to think of it, Isayama does seem to like his love triangles. Offhand:

Jean --> Mikasa --> Eren
Bertholt --> Annie --> Eren
Reiner --> Christa <--> Ymir

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Hodgepodge posted:

Now now, everyone loves Christa.

Just found this. The place I found it doesn't say if it's official, but I'd assume it's not. Reiner looks very appropriate drawn in Tetsuo Hara's style.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

:haw: I'm gonna be the Titan King!! :haw:

"My treasure? It's yours if you want it. I left it all in one basement." :zoro:

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

onepixeljumpman posted:

Now now, everyone loves Christa.

Just found this. The place I found it doesn't say if it's official, but I'd assume it's not. Reiner looks very appropriate drawn in Tetsuo Hara's style.

Is... is that a Jojo Erwin? :allears:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Can someone annotate that in English for the "only in ADTRW for Titan" crew?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Erwin's gonna have trouble doing JoJo poses with his arm gone.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
ToriyAnnie is appropriately in a hyperbolic time chamber crystal right now. When she comes out of it... :ssj:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

jonjonaug posted:

Hey, Joseph Jostar did pretty well after losing his.

Please let Erwin get a robot arm.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 10, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Elotana posted:

They're the characters done in other artists' styles. Left to right, top to bottom:

Oda Eiichirou (One Piece)
Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto)
Raiku Makoto (Zatch Bell!/Konjiki no Gasshu)
Toriyama Akira (Dragon Ball)
Shinjou Mayu (metric shitton of shoujo manga)
Sorachi Hideaki (Gintama)
Hanasaki Akira (Oishinbo, a manga about eating tons of stuff)
Takahashi Youichi (Captain Tsubasa)
Sakura Momoko (Chibi Maruko-chan)
Maya Mineo (Patalliro)
Hara Tetsuo (Fist of the North Star)
Hasegawa Machiko (Sazae-san)
Miuchi Suzue (Glass Mask)
Aoyama Gosho (Case Closed/Meitantei Conan)
Araki Hirohiko (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Hodgepodge posted:

Well, Jean still has a huge crush on her. That could go somewhere. And she still has a ~mysterious past~ with regards to her birth family.

Come to think of it, Isayama does seem to like his love triangles. Offhand:

Jean --> Mikasa --> Eren
Bertholt --> Annie --> Eren

Annie likes Armin, not Eren

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Elotana posted:

I can only recognize Eiichiro Oda (One Piece) Eren, Kishimoto (Naruto) Mikasa, Toriyama (Dragon Ball) Annie, Hara (Fist of the North Star) Reiner, and Araki (JoJo's) Erwin. Never mind.

jonjonaug posted:

With the combination of JoJo and Titan, we should be glad he didn't just turn into a fine mist. I'd say the same of Reiner, but actually I'm waiting on him to get a Titan horse to ride and conquer on.

e: Granted, losing an arm would have been part of Jowin's plan because his stand, Welcome to the Machine, allows him to take control of anything a part of his body has entered.

Millions posted:

ToriyAnnie is appropriately in a hyperbolic time chamber crystal right now. When she comes out of it... :ssj:

I wanted to post this one here first, but I figured we could drop this in the anime thread to throw them off. "No, Annie's not a titan. She's a robot!"

onepixeljumpman fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 10, 2013

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Elias_Maluco posted:

Annie likes Armin, not Eren
Um did you miss the scene with her sparring with Eren and then Mikasa?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 233 days!
Well, Mikasa thinks she likes Eren. I know that Annie at least thinks of Armin as a friend, what with him seeing through her cold exterior and her not killing him and all. I can't recall if it goes beyond that.

Eren likes killing Titans. Sasha, of course, likes potatoes.

Armin evidently likes Niccolo Machiavelli.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
The unofficial relationship chart, for the threads convenience:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hahaha what the hell is that Eren loves at the top? Being loving crazy?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RBX posted:

It's the "I wanna kill them titans sir" panel if memory serves.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Pensive posted:

This is amazing. :allears:

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

RBX posted:

Eren is in love with being angry.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pensive posted:

This is just beautiful. Love the fistbumping.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Jackard posted:

Um did you miss the scene with her sparring with Eren and then Mikasa?

Well, I certanly do not remember any great demonstration of love for Eren from Annie, but I have a lovely memory, so you might be right.

At the same time, I do remember several times when she showed a lot of respect and affection for Armin, to the point of endangering her mission because of it.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I am pretty sure that Isayama disclaimed the Annie-Eren thing on his blog

EDIT: And it needs Connie fistbumping with Reiner, because I'm pretty sure that will come into play at some point

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

They're the characters done in other artists' styles. Left to right, top to bottom:

Oda Eiichirou (One Piece)
Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto)
Raiku Makoto (Zatch Bell!/Konjiki no Gasshu)
Toriyama Akira (Dragon Ball)
Shinjou Mayu (metric shitton of shoujo manga)
Sorachi Hideaki (Gintama)
Hanasaki Akira (Oishinbo, a manga about eating tons of stuff)
Takahashi Youichi (Captain Tsubasa)
Sakura Momoko (Chibi Maruko-chan)
Maya Mineo (Patalliro)
Hara Tetsuo (Fist of the North Star)
Hasegawa Machiko (Sazae-san)
Miuchi Suzue (Glass Mask)
Aoyama Gosho (Case Closed/Meitantei Conan)
Araki Hirohiko (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Should have scrolled down before I spend like 30 minutes punching in kanji via the IME pad.

This show has so much fan art, which is my favorite part of this thread.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like the Priest -> Wall Titan relationship.

Also, the resemblance between Armin and Gash Bell is uncanny.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ytlaya posted:

Also, the resemblance between Armin and Gash Bell is uncanny.
This is by far the best part of that image. Jojo and FOTNS-style is great and all, but Armin being turned into the widdlest demon king is perfect.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Where the hell is the box connecting Sasha with potatoes?

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

At the same time, I do remember several times when she showed a lot of respect and affection for Armin, to the point of endangering her mission because of it.

Endangering? He probably even outranks her (Warrior, not Soldier). Stop, no, listen to me, I'm telling you, let me go where are you

Winky
Jan 3, 2013

rvm posted:

Armin is definitely the MVP of this chapter.

Finding just the right words to throw your enemies off balance in the middle of a hellish battle (while, as a bonus, also confirming that Armored, Colossal and Female are comrades, which, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't 100% clear yet), he's a clutch player for the Recon Corps.

Armin's probably the one who benefited the most from his Trost experience. He's learned to perform under pressure, to put it mildly.

Armin is probably the MVP of the entire series. He is pretty consistently the reason why everyone isn't already dead yet.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I'm actually really liking Jean as a character, his progression is really nice and not as sinister as Armin's. There's going to be a point where Armin makes the calculated decision to walk away from something and everyone's going to call him a fucker because I think he's taking a blacker road than Irwin.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Mary Annette posted:

Add me to the list of "People Eating Their Words About Armin". :aaa:

The captions read (to my half-assed Japanese), top to bottom:

"This is the published, just-right 'Sicko Armin' face"

"This is the pre-revision, over-the-top 'Sicko Armin' face"

"What am I gonna do with this 'Sicko Armin' face?"

I actually agree with the decision to redraw his face. The original is just a bit too over the top, it crosses the line into farce. The published version is a bit more restrained, which makes it just the right amount of creepy.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 233 days!

Kokoro Wish posted:

I'm actually really liking Jean as a character, his progression is really nice and not as sinister as Armin's. There's going to be a point where Armin makes the calculated decision to walk away from something and everyone's going to call him a fucker because I think he's taking a blacker road than Irwin.

Well, keep in mind he already tried to hand over his CO2 tank to Mikasa in Trost so the more valuable soldier could escape. He's more likely to get himself killed to make some plan work than to sacrifice another person.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

e. Nevermind!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Mikaska being drawn like an uchiha is just wrong.

She's likeable. :v: Annie being basically #18 is pretty hilarious and works. Probably my favorite is Eren being basically Luffy.

No way in hell has he ever been happy.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shindragon posted:

Mikaska being drawn like an uchiha is just wrong.

She's likeable. :v: Annie being basically #18 is pretty hilarious and works. Probably my favorite is Eren being basically Luffy.

He was happy when he was trancing out in Titan-mode at the end of the first Battle of Trost.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hodgepodge posted:

Well, keep in mind he already tried to hand over his CO2 tank to Mikasa in Trost so the more valuable soldier could escape. He's more likely to get himself killed to make some plan work than to sacrifice another person.

To add to this, he also volunteered to stay behind and let Jean and Reiner get away on horses, when he had no reason to believe he'd be saved by Christa anytime soon. It's possible he might go down Erwin's path, but I doubt it - he's more likely to forge his own, IMO.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 233 days!
Albeit a potentially frightening one for anyone in his way.

Shindragon posted:

I don't read/watch One Piece, but doesn't Luffy basically sail around and have adventures? Sounds like the person Eren wanted to be.

Mikasa has the whole Uchiha overpowered prodigy thing going on, but I don't think this series is capable of their level of pure bullshit.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Indeed, I was more going on the personality on that which made it more funny. That and one goon already did a pretty hilarious I WANT TO be the king of the Titans joke.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Finally caught up with the Manga, and it is good, but i really hope the series tones down the powercreep, i really don't want this to become where everyone turns into a titan. I found the show engaging because it was about humanity trying its hardest to survive, and overcome monsters that dwarf them.

I really don't want this to turn into a manga about a plucky band of human titans, fighting other titans.

- I didn't expect Bert to become to big titan, i barely even knew who he was as a character until right before he transformed. He also looks nothing like it.
- I didn't expect Ryener to become the armoured titan, i thought it was going to be Jean due to the matching hair cut/colour.
- What is up with the furry titan?

Can anyone explain what was the deal with the canned herring, that Jean was shocked that Ymir can read that writing?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

UberJumper posted:

Can anyone explain what was the deal with the canned herring, that Jean was shocked that Ymir can read that writing?

It was Reiner, and the language is implied to be so old/extinct that nobody of that age group from within the walls can read it, hinting that Ymir isn't quite what she seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

UberJumper posted:

I really don't want this to turn into a manga about a plucky band of human titans, fighting other titans.

- I didn't expect Bert to become to big titan, i barely even knew who he was as a character until right before he transformed. He also looks nothing like it.
- I didn't expect Ryener to become the armoured titan, i thought it was going to be Jean due to the matching hair cut/colour.
- What is up with the furry titan?

This is the manga thread, so you don't need to spoiler things that happened 5 - 10 chapters ago.