Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I'm not a huge fan of modern interiors replacing stock ones on classic cars, but this is really well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

burtonos posted:

Of course the douche would let his wife pump his fuel.

there's nobody in the driver's seat earlier in the commercial, so it's probably just some guy stealing her mobile phone while she's distracted by all the shouting idiots.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

burtonos posted:

Leaving aside this being an idiotic statement, it's not her husband or whatever. It's a guy pulling into the pump opposite her, and smiling in amusement at the familiar situation he also encounters every fillup.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

burtonos posted:

E: because I was beaten.

What do you mean "let" his wife pump his fuel? I "let" my friends pump my gas if they volunteer to do it.

Shin-chan fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 9, 2013

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

InitialDave posted:

Leaving aside this being an idiotic statement, it's not her husband or whatever. It's a guy pulling into the pump opposite her, and smiling in amusement at the familiar situation he also encounters every fillup.

More like "smiling in smug acknowledgement that yet again, the plebes are ignorant to his superior taste in automobiles:smug:".

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I think it's almost been 10 years since that poster (benji?) with the S4 said that superior adhesives line, can't believe it's been that long already.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Not to drag up the F1 thing again (even though there's nothing wrong with that) but just found this on Youtube. I'm not up on documentaries of F1 but this is great.

Can't embed it based on youtube but here's the url:

Senna

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Senna is amazing, got a chance to see it when it came to the local arthouse theater near me a couple years back. Absolutely gripping.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Fucknag posted:

Senna is amazing, got a chance to see it when it came to the local arthouse theater near me a couple years back. Absolutely gripping.

Goddamn, I wish I could see this in the theater. Apparently it's also on Netflix so I'll watch it on the TV later. I'm getting amped up for Rush.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Still the best Audi commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml54UuAoLSo

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Boomerjinks posted:

Daniel Simon posted this on his facebook feed today.

I remember having this as a Hot Wheels and it's still cool as hell, whatever it happens to be.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I think I need a Ranchero

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Racing engine? Check.

Two gigantic turbos? Check.

Factory master cylinder? Check.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

"A" Ranchero? Looks like we all need THAT Ranchero.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Preoptopus posted:

I want need to hear that run :allears:

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Slavvy posted:

Racing engine? Check.

Two gigantic turbos? Check.

Factory master cylinder? Check.

That is a factory Hydroboost setup, just not for that car. :v:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I want need to hear that run :allears:
See now you made us all more broke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBUMWIv2OnQ

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
That is a thing of beauty, I love seeing muscle cars with ridiculous setups like that.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I love that they've apparently hung something on the wall for the sole purpose of being blown around by exhaust from fast cars.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

atomicthumbs posted:

I love that they've apparently hung something on the wall for the sole purpose of being blown around by exhaust from fast cars.

I think those are assorted ratchet straps and poo poo.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

burtonos posted:

The woman's car is an A8, the man's is an A6. Audi shows all their TDI cars in white. They're trying to show two different people driving TDI Audis at the gas station at the same time, but the edit doesn't quite make that clear.

And let's just get this out of the way here: LOL ALL AUDIS LOOK THE SAME AMIRITE

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

DropShadow posted:

And let's just get this out of the way here: LOL ALL AUDIS LOOK THE SAME AMIRITE

Douche is as douche does..

blk
Dec 19, 2009

I saw what I believe was a 122 truck conversion in the San Juan Islands last month - clean as gently caress, I wish I had gotten a picture.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jebus.

xxn1927
Mar 5, 2001

Saw this last week. The door mechanism was pretty awesome. For some reason the passenger's seat was pulled from a 3 series (safety regulation?)

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I know that one is covered in that camo poo poo, but god drat what an awful looking car. :barf:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I like it way better than the Autozone vented 3 series.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
It is quite a good looking car in my opinion.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

xxn1927 posted:

Saw this last week. The door mechanism was pretty awesome. For some reason the passenger's seat was pulled from a 3 series (safety regulation?)

Those flaps that hide the taillights (or whatever's back there) make the car look like a dog sticking its head out a car window on the highway.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

sadnessboner posted:

Early nineties F1 will forever be the definition of the 'F1' shape for me, for one reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jAzarFOl5I

I spent/wasted so much of my childhood with that thing

The amiga version sounds way better seeing as it uses actual samples. :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoOtNDKy5EU

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012
IF I CONTINUE TO WHINE ABOUT THE PROBATIONS I RECEIVE, REPORT THIS POST SO THAT I CAN BE PROBATED AGAIN

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'll go ahead and be a dick and say it, but given how many posts before this one had cars that didn't seem to deserve photos taken of them, I'm torn between saying "well played" to this on the assumption that it was a satirical post or asking if there's something actually awesome about that car because I know nothing about Chryslers.

I actually moderate the turbo-mopar.com forums that that guy is a member of. Some of the high points of that car are standalone engine management, CNC ported head, forged pistons, custom intake and exhaust manifolds, t3/t4 turbo, 3" exhaust, massive intercooler, custom articulated hood vent ala classic mopar 'Air Grabber', custom tubular lower crossmember and tubular control arms, custom instrument cluster with VDO gauges, custom chassis bracing around the front of the car (high powered Omnis are known to flex and crack the front of the unibody in several places), running super aggressive Toyo R1R tires, 6k/4k spring rates on BC coilovers.. eesh listing it all feels like work.

TLDR: That car is BUILT, top to bottom, front to back. There's barely a stock part left on it and it's one of the best Turbo Mopars out there, definitely in the top 5 Dodge Omnis ever put together.

One of the other top 5 is doing Hot Rod Drag Week right now and is detuned from mid 140s mph trap speeds to just cruising around running easy 11s, along with another guy in an 11-second dodge shadow (guy also owns a 10-second Shadow and a 10-second Aries and won the GRM $2012 Challenge iirc) and another guy who's racing his daily driver dodge spirit running low 14s (after his turbo 3.5L shadow developed a last-minute problem). They all have hitches on them towing their slicks and stuff around on little trailers to all the different tracks.

In short, i would encourage you to visit Turbo-Mopar.com and have a look around. :iia:

Vigo327 fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 11, 2013

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Bang Me Please posted:

I remember having this as a Hot Wheels and it's still cool as hell, whatever it happens to be.

Chevrolet Astro III

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Sir Cornelius posted:

Chevrolet Astro III

Not to be confused with the Chevrolet Astro we actually got...

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea the final product never looks like the concept :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Vigo327 posted:

I actually moderate the turbo-mopar.com forums that that guy is a member of. Some of the high points of that car are standalone engine management, CNC ported head, forged pistons, custom intake and exhaust manifolds, t3/t4 turbo, 3" exhaust, massive intercooler, custom articulated hood vent ala classic mopar 'Air Grabber', custom tubular lower crossmember and tubular control arms, custom instrument cluster with VDO gauges, custom chassis bracing around the front of the car (high powered Omnis are known to flex and crack the front of the unibody in several places), running super aggressive Toyo R1R tires, 6k/4k spring rates on BC coilovers.. eesh listing it all feels like work.

TLDR: That car is BUILT, top to bottom, front to back. There's barely a stock part left on it and it's one of the best Turbo Mopars out there, definitely in the top 5 Dodge Omnis ever put together.

One of the other top 5 is doing Hot Rod Drag Week right now and is detuned from mid 140s mph trap speeds to just cruising around running easy 11s, along with another guy in an 11-second dodge shadow (guy also owns a 10-second Shadow and a 10-second Aries and won the GRM $2012 Challenge iirc) and another guy who's racing his daily driver dodge spirit running low 14s (after his turbo 3.5L shadow developed a last-minute problem). They all have hitches on them towing their slicks and stuff around on little trailers to all the different tracks.

In short, i would encourage you to visit Turbo-Mopar.com and have a look around. :iia:

And speaking of fast turbo Mopars...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYuo5pUqnZ8

Oh Relentless :allears:

For non-video content, I got to drive this last night:

F550 with a Powerstroke turbodiesel, foam tank, pump, 150ft of 2.5" hose, remote operated nozzle that you can control from the cab, packing a gennie + Jaws of Life, fans, scuba gear, shovels, pike poles, chainsaws + fuel... Everything you need to work fire, road, or water rescue. Oh, and a full leather interior and cold a/c.

In short, I love my job :h:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 12, 2013

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

This just turned up at work and I would love the exact thing but in a short wheelbase
Ive got a weird decision to make. Focus ST, Librty GT wagon or Defender 90 in Keswick green as above.....

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 12, 2013

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lilbeefer posted:

This just turned up at work and I would love the exact thing but in a short wheelbase
Ive got a weird decision to make. Focus ST, Librty GT wagon or Defender 90 in Keswick green as above.....

This should not be in the question thread because I don't see any question.

Nope. No question. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Linking this so I don't piss off the people browsing on their phones.

5MB GIF of engine workings - http://jacoboneal.com/car-engine/