Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

hypersober posted:

Do you ever let people come inside your house? Are all of your furniture plastic wrapped?

I don't let people with hacking coughs into my house, alas at work I don't have a lot of control over who understands the basic concept "Stay home if you're sick you fuckhead" so I have more draconian policies in place.

And I don't really care if they touch my couch anyway because I'm not likely to accidentally put my couch in my mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

I don't let people with hacking coughs into my house, alas at work I don't have a lot of control over who understands the basic concept "Stay home if you're sick you fuckhead" so I have more draconian policies in place.

And I don't really care if they touch my couch anyway because I'm not likely to accidentally put my couch in my mouth.

Can I poo poo in your mouth?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ether Frenzy posted:

My girlfriend's supervisor abused her sick time so badly in the past that they didn't let her go home yesterday even though she was puking in the office. They wanted a doctor's note and she didn't have the $20 for the co-pay. Of course turns out today she stayed home anyways because her daughter has loving whooping cough.

This is a civil service job, by the way, so I cannot imagine how badly she had to gently caress up to get put in that situation.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 11, 2013

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I always wondered - what do germophobes think will happen to them if they come into contact with the unwashed masses without immediately cleansing themselves? Us normies who shake hands and then vigorously rub our own eyeballs right after aren't keeling over dead by the thousand, hell I never even get sick. Do you worry that you have weak immune systems? Or is it more of an illogical fear where you don't really have reasoning behind it, you just feel icky until you clean yourself?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
My Childhood friend was a huge clean freak. We went to see E.T. when it came out and he freaked and got really scared when Eloitt started getting sick because E.T was dying.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Advice posted:

I always wondered - what do germophobes think will happen to them if they come into contact with the unwashed masses without immediately cleansing themselves? Us normies who shake hands and then vigorously rub our own eyeballs right after aren't keeling over dead by the thousand, hell I never even get sick. Do you worry that you have weak immune systems? Or is it more of an illogical fear where you don't really have reasoning behind it, you just feel icky until you clean yourself?

I don't think I'm actually a proper germophobe, I don't carry Purell or anything with me. So I don't know exactly. I don't like having dirty hands (like, grime/dirt) but I don't have any OCD traits or anything.

It's mostly because the sicknesses I catch at work are so foreign to my immune system's base of experience due to the international nature of my industry -- colds always end up being 4 weeks of the worst cold ever. So I'm just extra-conscious about keeping my hands clean at work, and I can see why Howard is like this too due to meeting people who have been Everywhere the last week, but he is much further down the Howard-Hughes scale than I ever will be.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I just gargle with alcohol based mouthwash as soon as I get home from dealing with people all day. Any more than that is overkill since my understanding is that most communicable illnesses take a few days of growing in damp warm places (i.e. mouth, sinuses) to reproduce to a high enough number to effect your system.

That could all be bullshit, but it seems to make a difference.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Robin: "If I eat fish protein, wouldn't I become a fish? Your body has to break it down and make human protein!"

This woman was a nurse.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Vakal posted:

I just gargle with alcohol based mouthwash as soon as I get home from dealing with people all day. Any more than that is overkill since my understanding is that most communicable illnesses take a few days of growing in damp warm places (i.e. mouth, sinuses) to reproduce to a high enough number to effect your system.

That could all be bullshit, but it seems to make a difference.

I just drink all day, I mean, Jeff the Drunk's mouth looks AMAZING

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Former Human posted:

Robin: "If I eat fish protein, wouldn't I become a fish? Your body has to break it down and make human protein!"

This woman was a nurse.

Then thank God that she became static on national radio instead of trying to heal people.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Advice posted:

I was impressed when Howie Mandel came on and first talked about his OCD. The part where he used so much hand sanitizer that his skin's natural bio-defenses were destroyed and his hands got covered with warts, drat. :barf:

I don't remember if that was the same appearance, but he once followed Jonah Falcon as a guest. (Jonah Falcon is famous for having an enormous penis, and he had been swinging it around with his hands before leaving and touching the same doorknob that Howie would have to touch to leave.) I laughed, but felt sorry for Howie at the same time.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Former Human posted:

This woman was a nurse.

Nurse Quivers was giving handjobs to our injured soldiers. Say what you will about her competence, but she never failed to perform her patriotic duty. :patriot:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Former Human posted:

This woman was a nurse.

In the Air Force.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Hypothetical question time:

Medical science discovers that the oils secreted by Eric the Midget's hands are able to cure all know diseases, including cancer.

The cruel twist is that the only working transfer method is by direct prolonged exposure to a patient's tongue. So you would have to suck on those glistening turkey fingers for at least a full fifteen minutes for the treatment to be effective.

Would you do it, or would you rather just die?

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Vakal posted:

Medical science discovers that the oils secreted by Eric the Midget's hands are able to cure all know diseases, including cancer.

The cruel twist is that the only working transfer method is by direct prolonged exposure to a patient's tongue. So you would have to suck on those glistening turkey fingers for at least a full fifteen minutes for the treatment to be effective.

Put "peperony and chease" on my tombstone.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Vakal posted:

Only if you jump up from behind a curtain and scream YOU'VE BEEN RICHARD CHRISTIED!!! while I've started sucking those deformed baby-from-Eraserhead fingers.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Artie announced yesterday on Twitter that his book is going to be published and that there is a lot of great stuff in it. Certainly seems interesting.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
George is right: If Howard is dribbling in his pants for 3 minutes after peeing, clearly something is wrong and he needs to wear loving diapers.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

So I just got XM and the scheduling has me all confused. I listened to the morning show and Benjy was getting yelled at for being late, but it seems like this isn't a new episode. Are they on repeats right now or what?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

ApexAftermath posted:

So I just got XM and the scheduling has me all confused. I listened to the morning show and Benjy was getting yelled at for being late, but it seems like this isn't a new episode. Are they on repeats right now or what?

You were listening to a "Best Of" segment (e.g. "This Day in Howard Stern Show History", "Stern Show Shuffle", and other variations).

Barring vacation, the show will only be live on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (Wednesday often excluded of late due to "America's Got Talent").

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Richard did get in shape, wow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNds3fbaRxM

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

ApexAftermath posted:

I dunno what kind of receiver you have, but I have a full display model that shows detailed information about what's playing on a particular channel, so I can see the original air date of whatever they're playing. The Benjy stuff was like three years ago so I noticed immediately. I think I've seen ones that only show the channel name like terrestrial radio, so I can see how you'd be confused.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Advice posted:

I dunno what kind of receiver you have, but I have a full display model that shows detailed information about what's playing on a particular channel, so I can see the original air date of whatever they're playing. The Benjy stuff was like three years ago so I noticed immediately. I think I've seen ones that only show the channel name like terrestrial radio, so I can see how you'd be confused.

I'm using the smartphone app. I started to figure out something was wrong when i saw the label "The Satellite Years".

No biggie though. I could listen to old stuff all day also. Whats the best place to look to find out if a show will be new or a repeat?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

*Insert part where Howard dismisses actual musical talent*

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

Hhaha, Richard is happy, talented, genuinely loved by his wife, in great shape, drinks whatever he wants and works with his best friend.

No wonder why Howard hates him so much.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Crotch Bat posted:

Doesn't Howard actually commend Richard for his musical abilities?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Doesn't Howard actually commend Richard for his musical abilities?

Yeah I think it was Ralph who poo poo all over Richard. Because Ralph is the next Keith Moon, you see.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Hhaha, Richard is happy, talented, genuinely loved by his wife, in great shape, drinks whatever he wants and works with his best friend.

:monocle:

You forgot works with his best friend on his faaavorite radio show dream job.

Man, I love Richard :allears:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I like him because it seems that every day really is the happiest day of his life. He's a true die-hard fan.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
I've always suspected that some assholes fart on crowded trains on purpose, just to laugh at how people respond.

Sal is one of those assholes.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I was listening to one of those giant 9 hour Richard compilations, and at one point they brought drums in studio specifically so he could play Hot For Teacher. He's playing it pretty much perfectly (since the album version is several overdubs, he's playing it as well as you can play it live), and Howard and Robin are just going "Yeah I dunno what he's playing, but it's not Hot For Teacher..." Then Sal comes in to (horribly) play bass and it goes off the rails. Even before that, Richard is playing a pretty sweet drum solo, and Howard's only comment is "Man, I hate cymbals. I like drums better without cymbals."

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Howard left a Led Zeppelin concert at Madison Square early.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

AxeManiac posted:

Charred Walls of the Damned is not my cup of tea, but Richard clearly has talent and he's playing music that he loves.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsO1XQoYXJ4
I almost forgot what a loving dickhead Howard was about Richard's wedding.

Sasquatch! fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 15, 2013

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Sasquatch! posted:

Charred Walls of the Damned is not my cup of tea, but Richard clearly has talent and he's playing music that he loves.

Speaking of Richard's "music". A couple of years back I was able to find a copy of that Sounds from a Haunted Cemetery CD that he said he used to listen to to fall asleep.

It's fun to listen to during Haloween season to get one's self into the mood.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sasquatch! posted:

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsO1XQoYXJ4
I almost forgot what a loving dickhead Howard was about Richard's wedding.

Howard berating Richard for daring to ask for his favorite brand of beer at his OWN wedding really annoys me every time I hear that clip.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
He's such a goddamn monster on the kit. One of Howard's main gripes was that since CWOTD isn't going to make a billions dollars and be the biggest band in the world, why even try or record an album at all? He was pretty impressed with Richard's skill though. I usually get Ralph's whole trolling persona but I actually got pissed when he was busting on Richard's drumming. The guy picks out clothes for a living for gently caress's sake.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Zoben posted:

The guy picks out clothes for a living for gently caress's sake.

Badly. He dresses Howard completely out of his age and does it badly.

He's just a leech.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Per Artie's Twitter, his new book has a foreword written by Joe Buck. That's awesome.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Miss you KC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI5Mw7We0yw&t=12m2s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Does anyone know when the finale for AGT is?

Not that I care about it, I just want to know when we'll get the Wednesday show back.

I'm still bitter about only 2 days of George.