Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I still have 96 chips with no cheating. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I haven't played this game in weeks, yet I had a dream last night where I loaded it, had a ton of cookies, and impulse-bought all the new stuff... including One Mind.

I was so annoyed with myself in the dream that I woke myself up.

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
I can't get the Cookie Dunker achievement for some reason. No amount of window-resizing fuckery works. Is there a console command to unlock it?

Connoisseur
Oct 2, 2010

"Every minute we waste could be the difference between a soldier goin' home alive or goin' home in a bag."
I had trouble with that achievement too but apparently it only activates if you resize the window from top to bottom; doing it the other way around doesn't seem to work.

VVVVV Or that, I might just be talking out of my rear end.

Connoisseur fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 14, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sudoku posted:

I can't get the Cookie Dunker achievement for some reason. No amount of window-resizing fuckery works. Is there a console command to unlock it?

You need to actually click on the cookie after it's been dunked.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

AnonSpore posted:

You need to actually click on the cookie after it's been dunked.

No you don't.

Also, I feel so free after doing that hard reset. No achievements. No special chips. Nothing. Everything is blank. Everything is empty. Everything is new. :unsmigghh:

I plan on starting up once more on the dungeon update. My goal is to get every achievement except for the cheated cookies achievement. That isn't a badge of honor. That is a mark of shame.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Are there any other games like Candy Box and A Dark Room that you guys would recommend? And out of those 2 which should I bother playing?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Garfu posted:

Are there any other games like Candy Box and A Dark Room that you guys would recommend? And out of those 2 which should I bother playing?

A dark room is better. Also, play Anti Idle.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
There's also Gold and Gems, which is a visual reskin of Candybox-- literally, all the numbers look to be the same, there's just tile graphics and the flavour is all different.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

neongrey posted:

There's also Gold and Gems, which is a visual reskin of Candybox-- literally, all the numbers look to be the same, there's just tile graphics and the flavour is all different.

I got pretty frustrated with Gold and Gems when it turned out the ending was there is no ending, once you defeat the last dungeon nothing special happens.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

death .cab for qt posted:

A dark room is better. Also, play Anti Idle.

I played this game for a couple of months after it first came out and this definitely reminds me of that. I logged in like a year after I had stopped playing and apparently my poo poo was still there and I had accumulated more poo poo.

Also prestige is the poo poo. I'm up to 45 chips and I've worked my way up to 2.5 billion CPS and over 5 quad all time in like a day and a half.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
Grandmatriarchs status: awoken

I don't know why it gives me a warning saying this is a bad idea. There's no way I came this far to quit now.

In the next update I demand team competitions! We would have the most awful cookies and kill everyone's dreams of being top cookie.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I left cookie clicker up. Now my kids are playing it. I am an unfit parent.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Finally got nihilism. Now I have every achievement except for 7777(:eyepop:) golden cookie clicks and cheated cookies. 87 heavenly chips drat boy.

:911:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Dark Room is tedious as gently caress. Exploring is a pain in the rear end. Can you even upgrade out of your large village and build a huge city or something?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Nope. I really don't see how it's tedious though.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dark Room is tedious as gently caress. Exploring is a pain in the rear end. Can you even upgrade out of your large village and build a huge city or something?

Use the streets to get anywhere without being attacked.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Well, I may or may not have just made a Cookie Clicker fangame , where it's actually a bullet hell game and nothing makes any sense.

I seem to have missed a critical message somewhere about clicking cookies.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Now I am become Cookie, the crumbler of worlds

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
So if I'm using the Cookie Monster script and I have 46 chips, and it says "Heavenly Chips(Max): 50", does that mean I'll be at 50 chips when I reset? Or does it mean I'll have 50 + 46?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Cicadalek posted:

So if I'm using the Cookie Monster script and I have 46 chips, and it says "Heavenly Chips(Max): 50", does that mean I'll be at 50 chips when I reset? Or does it mean I'll have 50 + 46?

You'll have 50.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

About 2,600 of those golden cookies are an autoclicker. gently caress watching over that poo poo like a hawk just to get 7,777 golden cookies again even if I have the achievement already. I can't stop though. :shepicide:

Can't remember what upgrades I'm missing this time though. I've got up to the pink upgrades on everything and all the Elder upgrades so...

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

D34THROW posted:

Can't remember what upgrades I'm missing this time though. I've got up to the pink upgrades on everything and all the Elder upgrades so...

There are four upgrades that you unlock by making X cookies by hand.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Get ready fuckers :getin:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

RoboCicero posted:

Well, I may or may not have just made a Cookie Clicker fangame , where it's actually a bullet hell game and nothing makes any sense.

I've cause a cookie overflow, now at negative cookies :(

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

D34THROW posted:

About 2,600 of those golden cookies are an autoclicker. gently caress watching over that poo poo like a hawk just to get 7,777 golden cookies again even if I have the achievement already. I can't stop though. :shepicide:

What script is that running on the bottom?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Citycop posted:

What script is that running on the bottom?

Cookie Monster. Shows you the best choices to take, how many Heavenly Chips you have/will have, how long until the next Heavenly Chip, when the next golden cookie shows up, and an option to buy and sell everything until you have no more cookies.

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
When's a good time to do my first reset for prestige? I have all but 7 achievements and I could have at least 6 chips if I reset right now.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

You could reset with one trillion cookies then make it back to one million with zero clicks to get:

Sacrifice
Oblivion
From Scratch
Neverclick
True Neverclick

I need to reset to get true neverclick, but I can't bring myself to do it, I'm in too deep.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

kazil posted:

I've cause a cookie overflow, now at negative cookies :(
I've uploaded a fix that should fix that, you clearly legitimate player :colbert:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

RoboCicero posted:

Any time I pick up a cookie it gives me some cookies but then sets it to 0.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

RoboCicero posted:

My cookies keep resetting for no apparent reason.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I won. I beat 1.035, before the update pushed. 100 time machines, all upgrades and achievements that matter. I am free of cookies.

This dopamine-pulsing Skinner Box can finally go back where it spawned, the depths of Hell.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Aaagh, force a refresh (control + F5, or shift and the refresh button on Chrome) and try again, in my haste to fix the integer overflow bug I accidentally pushed a debug build. Games Stuff Is Hard.

e: If this keeps happening to you you might have to reset your save :X

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 15, 2013

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

RoboCicero posted:

I've uploaded a fix that should fix that, you clearly legitimate player :colbert:

The golden cookie spawn bonus is just too incredibly overpowered though!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Workday cheat: Shrink your window to golden cookie size, keep it in a corner of your desktop and click whenever a golden cookie appears.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How do you setup a auto-clicker to cheat? I found a script here; http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/177207 but I don't know what to do with it.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
I'm a casual cookie clicker. I have trouble figuring out all the math crap everyone is doing in here. I've gotten a lot accomplished on my first go at this and I'm wondering should I sell my stuff before resetting? Is there something I should be sure to get to before I reset?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
The update is live.

And the reset achievements are no longer shadows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ANTIMATTER CONDENSER. :stare:

• Locked thread