Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

C We're behind on our 6 daily meals. Time to grab something on the run. :downsrim:

But seriously folks, we should dedicate the kill we (hopefully, maybe, possibly) make to the dead man and ask El to help us avenge him.

Diogines posted:

You have climbed down the city walls and run swiftly, the men of Zepath chasing the fleeing minotaurs well over a mile, possibly two ahead of you. Tudiya, Barkof and Aaron are among the the midst of the fleeing horde, cutting them down with swords as they run, spears raining down around them, the rest of the Mighty Men close behind and behind them, the rest of the men of Zepath.

I am not sure how we could catch up to the rest of the men with Danal in tow. Helping Bareen is closer, but the most we have done is really play fighting. It's debatable if Tudiyah expected to have us stay inside during the entirety of the battle after we felt that urge, but I do not think Danal and our wild man can take on a wounded minotaur yet, even with the warriors nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

E. Find a trophy among the other corpses.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
[b]H: Start eating one of the fallen Minotaur and gain it's strength.

Uberwill
May 1, 2007

我的中文不是很好
H - Haunted by the horrors of war? Play flute.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Outrail posted:

H: Start eating one of the fallen Minotaur and gain it's strength.

[b]Asherah We are hungry, eat some steak

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
In Zepath does a man have a right to his kill? I'm wondering if we should go brawl for Spawn's horns and give them to Tudiyah

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Yay, I'm finally caught up again! What to choose ...

C. Lift the spear from the man's back and chase after the minotaurs!

But I have a much more cunning plan.

We will find a wounded minotaur.

As we approach, we'll play the magic flute nonchalantly. "Ho, minotaur! Answer me and I'll kill you quickly. Why have you attacked us this day?"

If it's capable of human speech, we'll get some valuable information! Maybe the flute has some powers on monsters! Maybe we can nurse it back to health and it'll be our new awesome companion!

If not, we kill it (safely, don't put Danal in harm's way for an instant), then take the body back to Ishmail's group for barbecue. We can get a banner on the way and Ish should cover for us so we can get back inside the palace before Tudiya gets back.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
D: It'll be great! We'll probably be overwhelmed by our secret Asherahn bloodlust while we fight, kill a bunch of the other kids, and then, if we manage to hide that fact, get in trouble for being on the field when Tudiya sees that we have Spawn's horns!

Partially kidding, I really am voting D. Might as well try and grab something impressive, a real memento of this occassion. Maybe we can do it up all nice with a bronze base or something and offer it to Tudiya in recognition of his glory.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

Imperialist Dog posted:

If it's capable of human speech, we'll get some valuable information! Maybe the flute has some powers on monsters! Maybe we can nurse it back to health and it'll be our new awesome companion!

Or maybe the flute can bring this guy back from the dead!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

That dead man was hit by friendly fire. Not really something to avenge.

You could randomly throw javelins into the Zepathan army and hope to take out whoever killed him, by random chance?

Tsyni posted:

In Zepath does a man have a right to his kill? I'm wondering if we should go brawl for Spawn's horns and give them to Tudiyah

A man does have the right to his "kills", but given the fact that a swarm of youths are currently fighting over Spawn's body, perhaps it is different in some way you don't understand? Or not! Clearly they think they can take the horns without getting in trouble.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 15, 2013

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Odds are, Tudiya is fine with some kids grabbing the horns. Whoever wins will probably ask him to autograph them after the battle.
He gets his glory for offing a superbeast in front of everyone, some kid gets a "priceless" treasure and keepsake of their beloved warrior-awesomeking, everyone is happy. Except the minotaurs.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Ask Danal: is there any reason they fight over the horns like that? What will they do with them when they get them?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Sogol posted:

Ask Danal: is there any reason they fight over the horns like that? What will they do with them when they get them?

"Keep them! Or maybe make a spear! Or a horn! Or give them to the King! Or maybe the temple! Come on, let's go get em!" Danal says with enthusiasm.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Ask Danal: do you think we can get them without having to beat up any of those other kids? What's your plan?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Diogines posted:

"Keep them! Or maybe make a spear! Or a horn! Or give them to the King! Or maybe the temple! Come on, let's go get em!" Danal says with enthusiasm.

Hey Danal! Do monsters ever get used in medicine? Such as grinding up their, uh 'horns', for various stuff?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Sogol posted:

Ask Danal: do you think we can get them without having to beat up any of those other kids? What's your plan?

"We kick their butts!"

Slaan posted:

Hey Danal! Do monsters ever get used in medicine? Such as grinding up their, uh 'horns', for various stuff?

"Yes!"

There are potion mongers, would be alchemists and witches in and near the city. Some are known to make reliable concoctions. Some make poisons. Others are known to be charlatans only used by the foolish or the desperate.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Ask Danal: Do you want my help or do you have this? Think we can do it without hurting any of them permanently? We could challenge the biggest one like your Dad did maybe? Maybe you could say 'I am Danal and I (we) claim this horn. Who challenges me (us) for it'? or something like that? Do think that would work? No spears though, right?

(I am figuring the Melachim fight each other all the time. If he wants us in, no cracked skulls and such. If possible we let him fight and watch his back.)

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

The ages of the youths in the brawl vary from 9 to 15ish. Danal is a bit big for his age, but on his own... the odds of his victory are very, very slim. Not that he won't have fun!

Sogol posted:

Ask Danal: Do you want my help or do you have this? Think we can do it without hurting any of them permanently? We could challenge the biggest one like your Dad did maybe? Maybe you could say 'I am Danal and I (we) claim this horn. Who challenges me (us) for it'? or something like that? Do think that would work? No spears though, right?

(I am figuring the Melachim fight each other all the time. If he wants us in, no cracked skulls and such. If possible we let him fight and watch his back.)

You see behind you, a large group of youths having an all out brawl as each of them tries to get at the horns. No one has pulled them out of the side of the creature's head yet.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Go to Spawn's corpse. Don't join the brawl. Cut out his heart and tenderloin.
There will be a BBQ to satisfy our hunger this night.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Are we bigger than most of the brawling youths? Either way, I vote that we go and take those horns.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Take the horns!

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
Take those horns

But first: If we go after Spawn's horns, does that stop us from getting another treasure? Is it an all or nothing type of deal?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

Are we bigger than most of the brawling youths? Either way, I vote that we go and take those horns.

You are towards the top of the height scale, but not the tallest and you are not particularly muscular, though you have put on a bit of muscle.

They seem to be going at it hand to hand, though you do have your staff and your javelins...

Globofglob posted:

Take those horns

But first: If we go after Spawn's horns, does that stop us from getting another treasure? Is it an all or nothing type of deal?

Time will pass while you try to get the horns, if you do.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 15, 2013

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Why take the horns? They have no power. Eating Spawn's heart will give us his strength and power so we can slay more monsters.

Uberwill
May 1, 2007

我的中文不是很好
Whoa! I totally glossed over that the two dead guys caught some friendly fire. Or was it?

Changing my vote to:

H. CSI: Zepath - We need to find out whose spears these were and if it was an accident or... murder!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Many spears were thrown by the Zepathans as they chased the minotaurs. You see a number of minotaurs ahead of you, laying with spears in their backs.

Absum
May 28, 2013

D

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Any nice looking banners nearby we can loot?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Relative positions are roughly as follows, distances are not precise:

Fleeing Minotaur Army(With Tudiya, Barkov and Aaron in it)
^
|
|
(A few hundred feet)
The men of Zepath running furiously, dead minotaurs under their feet.
^
|
|
|
(A few hundred more feet)
A dead man with a spear in his back.
^
|
|
|
|
(Between half a mile and a mile)
Spawn's corpse and a group of youths brawling over it, trying to get the horns
^
|
|
|
|
|
(Between half a mile and a mileish)
The city wall

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 15, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Any nice looking banners nearby we can loot?

You see a nice one a few hundred feet ahead.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

You see a nice one a few hundred feet ahead.

Let's snag that after we get the horns then. We will present them to the King, in remembrance of this day.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

So does the spear we pulled out of that guys back have any markings on it like a name or sigil? If so, we should be sure we hide it after the battle so that we can blackmail the owner for friendly fire murdering a rival. :ninja:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

There are no apparent identifies on the spear. It's owner might recognize it, but otherwise, no, you cannot tell.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

There are no apparent identifies on the spear. It's owner might recognize it, but otherwise, no, you cannot tell.

We should take it and ask random people if they recognize its owner.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Lets go grab ourselves a banner, we can hang it on our bedroom wall! I also don't want us getting Danal injured, his dad may overlook us disobeying him, but he won't overlook it when his son gets hurt.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Guys, how about we make a cool gift to Tudiya? Grab a bunch of banners and hang them in the house! I bet he'd really enjoy that and Danal could help and it would make a cool gift to his dad.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
We could just sidle up and pull a horn, then toss it into the mosh pit. While chaos ensues just make off with the other one.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
After extensive and back breaking research into the subject i have found out that eating Spawn's heart a) might give us power b) is delicious.
Grabbing a horn from a beast we didn't kill ourselves will be a) a useless trophy b) a waste of a grand opportunity.

Eating the heart is the right thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Calling it now: at least for some people, having a great legend actually helps them grow in power. This explains why Tudiya lied his rear end off during his return home, despite doing legitimately badass things like..Y'know, eating lightning, rescuing our mother from cannibals and tearing dragons in half.

Why would someone this great feel the need to embellish his deeds? Everyone who walks through the gates of Zepath knows that Tudiya is practically a demigod, so there must be a reason beyond simply impressing people.