Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Crisco Kid posted:

I'll have to find out when/where they do the calls. It's a bit of a drive for me, but that would be awesome. :j:

They are doing some more daytime filming at Tryon Palace on Tues, Wed, and Thurs next week. I'll see if I can get some photos :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Conquistador posted:

That girl is so pretty :allears:

Show is well cast as gently caress
She reminds me of a young Kerry Washington.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Annakie posted:

Updated previous post for gif warning. :)
The gifs are neat, but don't you think you are going a bit overboard in the OP? At least put a warning at the top that you are spoiling summarizing the whole first episode. There is no need to do that since it is available for free on Hulu for anyone that missed the premiere.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
This show just got a million times better.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/fringes-john-noble-joins-sleepy-hollow/

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Be still my beating heart :allears:

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
baseball boat : Pacific Rim :: Headless Horseman with assault rifle : Sleepy Hollow

If that scene didn't fill you with total glee, well, I think they have television for soulless people on CSPAN, you'll have better luck there.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
As if I didn't love this show enough already, that is the best news I've heard all day.

Also, I've reorganized the first part of the OP a little to introduce all the characters before anything gets too spoilery, and added in a "stop reading here to not get spoiled!" warning. :)

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

OH GOOD GOD.

No Manners No
Jul 15, 2010

Apply LSD directly to The Constitution.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

HOLY loving poo poo BALLS! As if I wasn't sold already. I feel like I just bought something and the seller decided, "You know what? Keep the item and here is double your money back!"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

So hard right now. So loving hard! :dong:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Sleepy Hollow has no king. Sleepy Hollow needs no king.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Yes! I am onboard until the inevitable soul crushing cancellation. I wish Orlando Jones was Lance Reddick though. Just seems like it was written for him. :(

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

This is really great news. Best premiere in 7 years? I'm a bit gobsmacked.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

der juicen posted:

Yes! I am onboard until the inevitable soul crushing cancellation.

Why so you say that? Their numbers were great I thought.?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This news at least doubles my excitement for this show. I'm also getting the rest of my family to watch it now.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
You guys are really liking this show? I mean, I enjoyed it, and it's fun, but there were some really embarrassingly cheesy moments. I was sure when I opened it this thread would look like the Under The Dome thread currently looks.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Tomahawk posted:

I was sure when I opened it this thread would look like the Under The Dome thread currently looks.

This is high Shakespeare compared to Under the Dome.

Under the Dome is MST3K levels of bad. It was a serious attempt at a serious show and the end result being laughably bad.

This show has tongue firmly embedded in cheek and is quite self aware how silly the premise is but just rolls with it. That makes it a fun ride and not riffing fodder.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

All those moments you called "embarrassingly cheesy" I call loving awesome.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tomahawk posted:

You guys are really liking this show? I mean, I enjoyed it, and it's fun, but there were some really embarrassingly cheesy moments. I was sure when I opened it this thread would look like the Under The Dome thread currently looks.

No this show is awesome and the fact that its about to have the steward of loving gondor//Walter from Fringe is loving awesome.

Like the other said, excitement easily just doubled for this show. John Noble owns

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

All it means is if they kill him off, people are gonna be pissed.

That Rough Beast
Apr 5, 2006
One day at a time...

Conquistador posted:

No this show is awesome and the fact that its about to have the steward of loving gondor//Walter from Fringe is loving awesome.

Show officially Sleepy Hollowns.

The only thing I don't like is Orlando Jones as the police chief, something about his performance seems stilted/awkward/lovely. But yeah, I recognize that's a pretty silly complaint to have about this show.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah he isn't my favorite cast member but maybe he'll just die horrifically and they'll find somebody else.

Or maybe I'll just find him more enjoyable

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?

Heh.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Oh god, I'm so excited! :neckbeard:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I enjoyed the pilot. It reminds me of goofy 90's Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows, only with a better budget and hopefully a chance to develop.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
they've gone down the road of the smart plucky non white side chick and the charmingly English genius detective protagonist just like Elementary. It's works there and it seems to work here. I might be all in if the next episode is as good as the pilot.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
"plucky non white side chick"

Wow.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
didn't mean that in a racist way, but a tv network marketing way.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Frankly I'm more offended by your lovely grammar. Not in an "angry" way but an "of course you don't think" way.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Preview of next week's episode on Entertainment Weekly. Contains spoilers, obviously.

Gif:

Annakie fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 21, 2013

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Annakie posted:

Preview of next week's episode on Entertainment Weekly. Contains spoilers, obviously.

I hope they just keep including a couple "Crane doesn't know about technology" bits every episode.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
This show is amazing. :stare:

I just watched the pilot twice in a row.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I didn't watch the pilot, and honestly have been making fun of this show because the premise seemed stupid. But hearing John Noble is on-board, I'm jumping in with both feet.

hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!

jscolon2.0 posted:

I didn't watch the pilot, and honestly have been making fun of this show because the premise seemed stupid. But hearing John Noble is on-board, I'm jumping in with both feet.

You're in for a ride. The premise is one of the less ridiculous things this show is throwing at you.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Rocksicles posted:

didn't mean that in a racist way, but a tv network marketing way.

Side chick, because although she is quite literally one of two lead characters, she's a non-white female. I guess.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
This show had me at Horseman With a Shotgun.

But now I'm really just wondering where the show is going to go from here, because they have an unstoppable adversary who will either have to be killed at some point or else he'll just keep wrecking poo poo and they'll have to throw more and more redshirts at him until it gets ridiculous. The Headless Horseman is currently this show's "Laura Palmer's Killer", and if he's ever stopped I think it'd mean the end of the show, and yet, like I said, he can't just go on indefinitely.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I dunno man, maybe they'll bring in more wizard priests to help beat him. Then you have that entire coven of evil witches plus a slenderman demon.

(I also don't think killing the horseman is automatically the end of the show)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

TheChad posted:

(I also don't think killing the horseman is automatically the end of the show)
They also have three more to work with.

Annakie posted:

Heh, I hope Abbie has dozens of post-its all over his place explaining how to work stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Well there are 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, so they can kill this one at the end of the season and then poo poo gets real.

• Locked thread