Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

drbesty posted:

Here's my squad:

You got most of that from Eto'o? drat I'd figure Suarez alone would cost more than him. I had crap players to sell so I'm making do with less. I guess him being in the EPL and having all the pace still accounts for the price you got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is Eto'o listed as on Chelsea now? If so yeah he'll be worth all the money.

drbesty
Sep 11, 2001
broke 3 of my fingers playing computer golf

Seltzer posted:

You got most of that from Eto'o? drat I'd figure Suarez alone would cost more than him. I had crap players to sell so I'm making do with less. I guess him being in the EPL and having all the pace still accounts for the price you got.

I got Suarez and Eto'o in my free gold pack, kept Suarez sold Eto'o, bought the rest of the team with the funds

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

drbesty posted:

I got Suarez and Eto'o in my free gold pack, kept Suarez sold Eto'o, bought the rest of the team with the funds

Nah, sorry, don't believe you.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Here is my budget RPL squad:

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/423071/

Will upgrade to Akinfeev, Doumbia, Gonzalez, McGeady and M'Vila when i get some more coins.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I see a PS3 Parmos thread, but can't seem to find a 360 thread. Is it missing, or has everyone hosed off to Sony? Have the early access downloading now and was hoping to get some Pro Clubs in this evening.

Anyone know if they put the option for Player/Manager back into the career mode? It was always nice to have a monster player who I knew wouldn't leave my poo poo League 1 side for greener pastures.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I never played pro-clubs before. I'm on the 360 and will probably gently caress up massively, but I'd like to try it out this edition.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

WayAbvPar posted:

I see a PS3 Parmos thread, but can't seem to find a 360 thread. Is it missing, or has everyone hosed off to Sony? Have the early access downloading now and was hoping to get some Pro Clubs in this evening.

Anyone know if they put the option for Player/Manager back into the career mode? It was always nice to have a monster player who I knew wouldn't leave my poo poo League 1 side for greener pastures.

There was never much of a Xbox Parmos crowd, the PS3 crew has been at it with the same core of goons for a few years now, and it's loving great. Pro Clubs is the best mode in the game, and the best sports video game experience possible, in this bald moron's opinion. New blood is always welcome.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Well poo poo. I guess I will start a 360 team tonight then, unless someone beats me to it. Wish I could create it online, but I only see the options to interact with existing clubs.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I am always up for pro clubs. Sadly I am on xbox.

Also sadly when I get drunk I progressivly get worse. Ask Taffmaster, kcer, or Skicar.

I plan on eventually getting a PS4 as soon as I convince the wifey.

Edit: download started 3 hours ago. 10% complete :smithicide:

Soulex fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 20, 2013

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Found a badge for my club in a pack:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Seltzer posted:

Anyone else start to put together squads in the web app phase. Between the generous gifts for logging and selling two players I've almost completed my budget Bundesliga team. I haven't done any actual trading (buying low selling high).

I moved early on Diouf, Son, Jones, and Adler and got them for very cheap prices. I'm gonna put in Perisic at LM and luckily he is still going for cheap, but for rb I have no loving idea. Every Bundesliga RB is basically poo poo or very expensive. I think I'm gonna pick up the med/med 80 pace ethiopian 74 Selassie as a temp. Also, Bundesliga managers are expensive as poo poo and there are only like 3 of them. I have koo in at CAM solely cause he was 350 coins and I am gonna be able to slot in Lee Dong Gook in there later on full chem to gently caress around. Gook has a monster shot.

I was looking at that Korean dude, he looks like he'll be quality. I'm gonna do a cheap Bundesliga team too.im gonna put Timmy Chandler at RB. Silver with good stats, tall too.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

T. Finninho posted:

There was never much of a Xbox Parmos crowd, the PS3 crew has been at it with the same core of goons for a few years now, and it's loving great. Pro Clubs is the best mode in the game, and the best sports video game experience possible, in this bald moron's opinion. New blood is always welcome.

lolsonic and I will be Parming tonight, I'm at 39% atm, should be done in about 20 or 30 minutes.

Finn crowbar that wallet open and :getin:

All others welcome as well, of course. Pro Clubs owns, I can't recommend it enough. Best multiplayer sports experience you'll find anywhere imo

I ended up having to get EA Season Pass from under the NHL 14 section in the store. Weird.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Agreed with Pro Clubs being a top Video Gaming experience. Especially when you've played with the same core for years.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Borat looks forward to scoring goals with Haag, Ragle, Ownenated, and friends whenever I get off work.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I got Kolo in my free pack. Would've preferred the other Toure, but it's at 1k currently so it ain't bad

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ZHamburglar posted:

Borat looks forward to scoring goals with Haag, Ragle, Ownenated, and friends whenever I get off work.

So many spicy passes and goals. This year's edition is the tits

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I never get into pro clubs, maybe this will be the year

Apache Chief
May 21, 2011
Had seasons pass, 14 downloading right now. So far I've got this Brazil squad:

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=g0SQikmEbbTK:360

I'm on 360, username is same as GT. Where is DJCrabhat?

Larz2021
Feb 2, 2001
So I just grabbed it on PS3 and realized my FUT account is not connected to what I have online. I was worried about this since I was transferring from Xbox to PS3 and didnt see a console select option. Did I miss an option some place?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Reek posted:

I never get into pro clubs, maybe this will be the year

It's basically pick-up ball. This year is particularly brilliant. lolsonic and I have played 10 games already and it's loving incredibly good. Such a massive improvement

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Can I get an invite to the 360 club if there is one? Not online right now but can at least accept an invite through the website if one is proffered. Apologies to keep yammering on about it, but as has been said, Pro Clubs is really the best part of the game.

No Player/Manager again this year :cry:

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
ride the cat celebration is a level 100 unlock, dreams crushed

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Reek posted:

ride the cat celebration is a level 100 unlock, dreams crushed

I don't know, I'm like level 50 going in, maybe I'll be level 100 by next summer so I can spend a few months making all the pubbies mad as heck before 15 comes out.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Im 49 so it could happen

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
hm its giving me season ticket packs even though mine is an old season ticket from last year? heh got marcelo it that one, whatevs

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I just got one too, pretty neat. Seems like buying your season ticket like beginning of 2015 would be the idea in that case , get like 2 seasons worth.

Doesn't make any odds to me though since I got poo poo like always

e: actually looking at this guy he isn't that bad at all for a cheap striker http://www.futhead.com/14/players/9920/eduardo-vargas/

Duncan Sperguson fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Sep 21, 2013

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Do any UK lads/ladies want to start up Pro Clubs team (AFC Parmo's)? As Finn said it's the best mode in the game by far with a decent group of regulars, but playing with the American lot is unbearable at times because there's like a second lag between pushing any button and your player actually doing what you want.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Thirteenth Step posted:

Do any UK lads/ladies want to start up Pro Clubs team (AFC Parmo's)? As Finn said it's the best mode in the game by far with a decent group of regulars, but playing with the American lot is unbearable at times because there's like a second lag between pushing any button and your player actually doing what you want.

I'll probably be getting fifa when I get the ps4, are you planning in getting one early or waiting?

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Smiley Face posted:

I'll probably be getting fifa when I get the ps4, are you planning in getting one early or waiting?

Will the PS3 and PS4 versions be able to play together? I think I know the answer to this (no) bit thought I'd make sure.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Thirteenth Step posted:

Will the PS3 and PS4 versions be able to play together? I think I know the answer to this (no) bit thought I'd make sure.

Fairly sure it's no, you can carry progress over but not play across systems

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I noticed players don't have formations on them. Does that mean they can play in any formation now?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Thirteenth Step posted:

Me and (probably) 6 other UK people from here will be making one again. We stopped playing Parmos a version and a half ago due to how crowded it sometimes got and, like you say, lag when more Americans would play.

Any Euros are free to join if they want. There'll probably be a rush but it always thins out to the same 4-6 players after a month or two anyway.

edit: I think you're PS3, we're 360 :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Count me in. Booze will not be included.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'll have a piece of that when I eventually get the game

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

kcer posted:

Me and (probably) 6 other UK people from here will be making one again. We stopped playing Parmos a version and a half ago due to how crowded it sometimes got and, like you say, lag when more Americans would play.

Any Euros are free to join if they want. There'll probably be a rush but it always thins out to the same 4-6 players after a month or two anyway.

edit: I think you're PS3, we're 360 :(

Euros means people born in Europe, not living there right????

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
No I'm pretty sure he's looking for people based in europe one way or another, because of the latency issues playing with people in the US or wherever else.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Fuccckkk all you 360 people buy PS4's and I'll see you in January ;)

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

The lag might be ok this year mate one of the things in their previews about pro clubs is that they specifically worked on tackling lag issues in that mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVBrafaDiMatteo
Nov 30, 2009
Bad ads nab top cop. Also, The Project Pt. II.

When all else fails, cash in your Ruples for new foreign myths.
This game is the best update between years since 09 to 10 imho. The games actually feel like an actual football match, and your players no longer have magic boots that work like magnets when receiving passes and dribbling. It seems more like they finally finished this new physics engine after 2-3 years of partial upgrading than it does a year to year upgrade.

As of last night there weren't enough players to give me a 4-star vs. 4-star match as CSKA Moscow, but scoring from free kicks feels a lot easier than 13. Or that could just be Honda, who is instantly my favorite FUT player...his freekick stats :staredog:

Has anyone else had a consistently "inconsistent" amount of calls be wrong? I'm talking offside mainly, although a few fouls would be suspicious too. I'm not talking close....I'm talking "red line was behind yellow line when ball was kicked" and no calls. I definitely scored 2-3 times from a massively offside position last night too.

• Locked thread