Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rye Bread posted:

My wife and I are trying to have our first child, so my 2 current cars (1987 MR2 and 1993 240SX) were not going to cut it anymore. I picked this up last weekend:

Has a few mods done already (Kooks headers, cat pipe, Corsa catback, Rotofab intake). Sorry for the crappy cell phone photos.

Now its time to sell the 240SX.

Very nice.....So how are the base G8's? I like the GT, but the base V6 is a hell of a lot cheaper around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

animeliker posted:

Nice. Mk2's are my personal favourite. I'll probably be tarred for this but I'm actually a big fan of the snorkel intake (TOM's?) because it reminds me of an F1 car from 1975.

Edit: It's too bad North America never got the two-tone black roof/grey MR2.

<edit> oh somebody beat me to it and has pictards.. oh wells

snorkels *only* benefit NA cars with the matching TRD or TOM's intake (cant remember which) and people with double snorkels are doubling down on the rice

people commonly post this like... little hangnail thing that you tack onto the side scoop that makes it grab more air...

I could actually see myself getting a drivers' side snorkel just because my LH engine lid surround is dented in like 3 places.

drukqs fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 22, 2013

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Dear powershift,

Stop fuckin buying cars.

Sincerely, your wallet.

I'll have better pics in the morning, but yeah, she's a boat.

Ignore your wallet.

Dat hood.

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax

My '92 Corolla is getting a bit tired (340,000km) so I bought this XH Falcon ute. Poverty pack six/auto. The wheels are going. Now to teach my missus to drive :munch:.

Lurch fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 22, 2013

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Powershift posted:

[url=http://i.imgur.com/4dQTmvq.jpg]

Oh hell yeah. The Marks and the Town Coupes of that era are my favorite Lincolns. Some modernization of the interior and you're set (that green, oh god that green).

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

My first car was a 76 Continental Town Car. Dark red with dark red leather interior. It would easily seat 4 across in the front and 5 across in the rear. It was challenging to pull into traffic with such a long hood. And the full sized spare had its own trunk between the rear seat and actual trunk.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Powershift posted:

Dear powershift,

Stop fuckin buying cars.

Sincerely, your wallet.

I'll have better pics in the morning, but yeah, she's a boat.

Holy poo poo that is stunning, nice find on that gorgeous car.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
New rims, hubs, brakes, bearings, exhaust etc. on the Alfa:

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

Fart Pipe posted:

Holy poo poo that is stunning, nice find on that gorgeous car.

I don't know what it is about those old boats, but I love the interior on the "upper class" ones. You don't feel like you're getting into a car. You feel like you're stepping into a VIP lounge at the nicest club in town that just so happens to have wheels.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

DoLittle posted:

New rims, hubs, brakes, bearings, exhaust etc. on the Alfa:

You seem to be neglecting the required thread for this car. Please share more, now!

I'm having my E92 fully detailed by a company who's work I have been drooling over. Got some pictures depicting the car in its current state.

I'm also using this opportunity to remove the OE spoiler in favor of the BMW Performance piece, and a few other things that will require my application of the dreaded Dow Betalink.

thealphabetsez fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 22, 2013

Veegie
Jan 6, 2011

thealphabetsez posted:

You seem to be neglecting the required thread for this car. Please share more, now!

I'm having my E92 fully detailed by a company who's work I have been drooling over. Got some pictures depicting the car in its current state.

I'm also using this opportunity to remove the OE spoiler in favor of the BMW Performance piece, and a few other things that will require my application of the dreaded Dow Betalink.

I can't wait to see the outcome.
Please post followup pictures and final price.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Some proper pics of what i bought in the last 2 weeks. Please note, i am not a photographer, or anything close.

1999 BMW 540i, 204,000kms. 4.4l v8, 5 speed steptronic auto, a couple other options. Paid 1k, spent 170 on MAF, 230 on 02 sensors, 50 on oilchange, 100 on brakes, ~700 on wheels and tires. Still to do: ~200 on thrust arms, 60 on aux fan resistor, 40 on outside air temp sensor, 100 on drivers window regulator.

1973 Lincoln Mark IV. 66,000 miles, 460ci v8, 3 speed auto, green shag carpet. Paid $2,250, still in shakedown mode but it does need the sunroof kajiggered with, and probably a new drivers side power window motor. it still has the original spare tire in the trunk, a rayon thread radial, There are a couple signs of a poorly done new paintjob, but overall it's cleaaaaaaaaaaan. The vinyl top has to be new, or it has to have been stored indoors all it's life because there is no UV damage or weathering on any of the plastic lights or vinyl roof. They just look brand new. all of the electronics work down to the power seats and steering wheel cruise control buttons.

Humdrum Hoodlum
Aug 12, 2006
Here's what I bought two weekends ago for $1000. A 1991 Acura Integra GS. Fully loaded with all power options including air conditioning that works. Honestly its the best car I've ever driven. It's ride and handling are unbelievable and its a 22 year old car. I also have a 2002 Nissan Maxima that I've had countless problems with and this thing is a way better ride.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Are you planning on flipping either one of these cars? If you tinker with that Lincoln, I imagine there is some money in it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Powershift posted:

1973 Lincoln Mark IV.

With those wires, it's begging for airbags, or (even better) pumps/switches.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lurch posted:

My '92 Corolla is getting a bit tired (340,000km) so I bought this XH Falcon ute. Poverty pack six/auto. The wheels are going. Now to teach my missus to drive :munch:.

Get the auto serviced on it, might be worth putting on an aftermarket auto trans cooler.

ballpoint
Nov 8, 2009
Here's my ride:

:siren:I AM A JERK THAT DOESN'T USE TIMG TAGS:siren:

I've spent too much money on this car , but I still love it...only thing that pisses me off about it is apparently the steering components are made of glass as I need new ball joints and tie rods at 75k miles

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

thealphabetsez posted:

Wow and I thought the shop I had detail the M3 was thorough, looking forward to pictures.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

thealphabetsez posted:

Bad timing for a thread. It goes to winter storage next weekend. Probably not enough activity to support the thread anyway. It passed the road worthiness inspection a month ago and I've driven it some 2500-3000 km since then. Still needs some effort. There's some play somewhere in the driveline and the speedo doesn't work. Did a DIY propshaft balancing job last weekend with chalk and some hose clips. Much less vibrations now.

As it was bought in July:

Two weeks ago with the previous wheels, hubs and brakes:

Now:

DoLittle fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 23, 2013

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCJZ2vmCsT8

It's a $1500 exhaust, gently caress off.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

DoLittle posted:

Bad timing for a thread. It goes to winter storage next weekend. Probably not enough activity to support the thread anyway. It passed the road worthiness inspection a month ago and I've driven it some 2500-3000 km since then. Still needs some effort. There's some play somewhere in the driveline and the speedo doesn't work. Did a DIY propshaft balancing job last weekend with chalk and some hose clips. Much less vibrations now.

As it was bought in July:

Two weeks ago with the previous wheels, hubs and brakes:

Now:

Not only do I want to see a thread about the car, I want to know more about that Leyland in the background. Does it leak as much oil as their cars?

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

Wow and I thought the shop I had detail the M3 was thorough, looking forward to pictures.

Here is an additional image to show the front end. Mirror caps removed, mirror glass taken out, front grilles, side grilles, nostrils, bumper reflectors, all removed.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Works given me a new jalopy for a while

2011 hilux extra cab with a 400L quikspray unit. Twin 100m reels with remote rewind.

I am so sick of the smell of glyphosate and my brown boots are pink from the dye

The Jabberwocky
May 31, 2006

At least it worked.
I un-douched my headlights finally. It's much better now, I think. It's hard to tell because I have a phone from the 90s, but I cleared up the backing on the retrofit that was previously black. I thought it would be more subtle than it was, and I missed the more OEM look.

Before, for reference:

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

kastein posted:

Not only do I want to see a thread about the car, I want to know more about that Leyland in the background. Does it leak as much oil as their cars?

Don't know that much about the Leyland. I think it is the Alfas that take care of most of the oil leaking. Plus the Jag of course.

Here they are playing tug of war:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Just got the trim restored and washed it for the first time. Going to take some time in the next week or so to really scrub it down, claybar it, and wax it properly. Doesn't look too bad for having 195,000 miles on it (Only had 84k when I bought it in '09...)

E: Clarification.

briefcasefullof fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 24, 2013

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Chinatown posted:

Ignore your wallet.

Dat hood.

I am certain you could use the metal in that hood to produce an entire miata.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

Dudebro!! I hang out at the Extra Space Storage right by there all the time. I do a majority of my junk food buying at that Rotten Robbies you were heading towards. I totally recognize that underpass!!

Admit it, you were coming from Angel Care.

drukqs fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 24, 2013

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

QuarkMartial posted:

Doesn't look too bad for having 195,000 miles on it (Only had 84 when I bought it in '09...)

How in the hell? :stare:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I really hope you are including Headers and an X pipe in that price otherwise man have Mustang parts gotten way out of hand since I got out of the scene in 2008.

I cant help myself from pricing out 2011-2013 GTs though. I want to get back into it but I feel like I'm too old to be driving around in a loud v8 car versus something more practical like a Jetta TdI. I hate growing up :(

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Maker Of Shoes posted:

How in the hell? :stare:

84,000 when I bought it, then something like two years of a long distance relationship where much of those two years were spent driving back and forth halfway across the state twice a month, sometimes more. Course now we're married and I can tell her I've driven around the world many times for her :3:

Definitely needs some maintenance, though. All I've done is oil changes, brakes, and a new battery + alternator. When I get around 200 bucks for it, I'm going to do new plugs + wires, new serp. belt, radiator and transmission flushes, and maybe shocks/struts. Need to look into exactly what engine maintenance needs to be done, because I feel like I'm forgetting something. Runs fine now, but I know stuff like the belt needs to be replaced even though it's not particularly worn down or slipping. Though, the plugs look like a TON of fun to do on this V6...

Wife's car comes first, though. She's in desperate need of new rear struts, rear brakes, and new tires.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

QuarkMartial posted:

84,000 when I bought it, then something like two years of a long distance relationship where much of those two years were spent driving back and forth halfway across the state twice a month, sometimes more. Course now we're married and I can tell her I've driven around the world many times for her :3:

Oh, I read that as 84 miles total.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oh, I read that as 84 miles total.

Woops! Sorry about that.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.

QuarkMartial posted:

When I get around 200 bucks for it, I'm going to do new plugs + wires

I hope it doesn't have the 5.4 V8. That's the one where they break off and get stuck in there when you try to pull them out.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Amphion posted:

I hope it doesn't have the 5.4 V8. That's the one where they break off and get stuck in there when you try to pull them out.

Thankfully, no. It's a 4.2l V6.

Next truck is going to be a diesel of some sort. Looking to grab an elusive crew cab 7.3 with a 6 to 8 ft bed and 4wd.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Mmmmm. Gotta love a V8 that keeps on popping at you under deceleration. Sounds like it's worth every penny to me.

Now to figure out if I can afford a 5.0.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I cant help myself from pricing out 2011-2013 GTs though. I want to get back into it but I feel like I'm too old to be driving around in a loud v8 car versus something more practical like a Jetta TdI. I hate growing up :(
The proper age group for mustangs is 18-108.

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011

drukqs posted:

Dudebro!! I hang out at the Extra Space Storage right by there all the time. I do a majority of my junk food buying at that Rotten Robbies you were heading towards. I totally recognize that underpass!!

Admit it, you were coming from Angel Care.

Coming back from gold's off Raymond, but honestly you could probably hear me coming from a mile away. Also Costco pisswater 91 is ~15c cheaper than RR, :cmon:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I really hope you are including Headers and an X pipe in that price otherwise man have Mustang parts gotten way out of hand since I got out of the scene in 2008.

The full combo would be Kook's Short headers to offroad Lethal H to JPC Gen 2 over axles into 2012 GT500 single tip mufflers. I paid about 1350 for the exhaust portion, but the install was a pretty chunk of change and a total pain in the rear end to do without dropping the K member entirely. AED performance took care of everything and went the extra mile when tuning the car.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Mmmmm. Gotta love a V8 that keeps on popping at you under deceleration. Sounds like it's worth every penny to me.

Now to figure out if I can afford a 5.0.

It's ridiculous between 3 and 3.5krpm on deaccelleration to the point where people roll up their windows while I come to a stop. The idle has been raised to about 900-1.1krpm due to lope timings, with the accufab throttle body the boss manifold reacts so well the RPMs climb faster than my GTI ever did.

You have to consider this to be one of the last times you'll be able to buy this kind of car, so either this generation or S550 has the "gotta have it" factor over any TDI.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

Coming back from gold's off Raymond, but honestly you could probably hear me coming from a mile away. Also Costco pisswater 91 is ~15c cheaper than RR, :cmon:

oh I buy most of my gas in Redwood City, RR only if I find out I'm on fumes.

Well hopefully we'll end up lined up at a red light facing the train tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

The Jabberwocky posted:

I un-douched my headlights finally. It's much better now, I think. It's hard to tell because I have a phone from the 90s, but I cleared up the backing on the retrofit that was previously black. I thought it would be more subtle than it was, and I missed the more OEM look.

Before, for reference:

You know that if that's a HID retrofit that the backing was black for a reason, right?