Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I hope books start offering Over/Under for time spent on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Added Jones winning by submission, $8.15 to win $15.49. If that and my Jones/Gus starting round 3 bet hits, I'll be even/maybe a tiny bit ahead.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Glad you all lost

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Lost on Healey and Meathead, but ended up turning a profit due to Wilson Reis being a slight dog, and shamefully made money on Jones to win by decision (+333).

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MrSmokes posted:

Diaz, Bendo, Healy. Miller's good but he has always faded when put up against top 10 fighters. All of those guys beat the poo poo out of him after he started to slow down.

This is pretty stupid. He didn't slow down at all in the Diaz and Bendo fights; he fought at exactly the same pace until Diaz clipped him, then he fought at exactly the same pace till he shot into a guillotine. Bendo beat the poo poo out of him from the opening bell, and he actually sped up in the third round despite having mono. The only fight he even remotely slowed down in is the Healy fight, and Healy's entire career is him grinding on dudes at a pace that wears them down in the third.

There's literally a dozen fights where Miller goes into the third without slowing and even speeds up, including the Wiman fight that he took on a week's notice.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

fatherdog posted:

This is pretty stupid. He didn't slow down at all in the Diaz and Bendo fights; he fought at exactly the same pace until Diaz clipped him, then he fought at exactly the same pace till he shot into a guillotine. Bendo beat the poo poo out of him from the opening bell, and he actually sped up in the third round despite having mono. The only fight he even remotely slowed down in is the Healy fight, and Healy's entire career is him grinding on dudes at a pace that wears them down in the third.

There's literally a dozen fights where Miller goes into the third without slowing and even speeds up, including the Wiman fight that he took on a week's notice.

I guess I remembered those fights totally wrong :( my bad, I feel silly now. The three opponents I listed, I remembered Miller doing okay against them early on in the fights, then slowing down and getting beaten up badly in the later rounds. I also need to watch more fights of his in general. I've seen all his fights since the Oliveira one except for his fight against Kamal Shalorus.

In betting news, Dong Hyun Kim is a +235 underdog against Erick Silva on 5dimes :stare: that line seems totally off. Is there any reason to think he couldn't wrestle Silva around like Fitch did? Silva's only had one quick fight since the Fitch fight that didn't show much.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Dong Hyun Kim isn't as good as Fitch

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

henkman posted:

Dong Hyun Kim isn't as good as Fitch

How do you know?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Fitch got dropped a couple times and had his back taken for most of the second. Everyone remembers Silva gassing and getting Fitched hard, but that was only three minutes of a 15-minute fight. I can't think of a Kim fight where he really got into trouble or went into deep waters like that.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

manyak posted:

How do you know?

You're right, I don't. Its a feeling I have

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Fitch got dropped a couple times and had his back taken for most of the second. Everyone remembers Silva gassing and getting Fitched hard, but that was only three minutes of a 15-minute fight. I can't think of a Kim fight where he really got into trouble or went into deep waters like that.

Silva isn't Condit, mind you, but still.....

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

attackmole posted:

Silva isn't Condit, mind you, but still.....

Yeah, I thought of that, but as you said, Silva isn't Condit. You're right that that makes me think that Kim isn't as tough as Fitch (getting KO'ed by a Hendricks left isn't a black mark on anyone's chin).

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Yeah, I thought of that, but as you said, Silva isn't Condit. You're right that that makes me think that Kim isn't as tough as Fitch (getting KO'ed by a Hendricks left isn't a black mark on anyone's chin).

but getting KOd by ducking your chin directly into a Condit flying knee is a black mark on your toughness?

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
There's value in Dong's size.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Silva got merked by Fitch because Fitch set a pace that wore him down till he was praying for death. Dong's takedowns and ground control might be on Fitch's level, but even if they are his cardio is a much bigger question mark,.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Underdogs are more fun!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

outy posted:

Underdogs are more fun!

I understand Kim but Paul Harris and hammil? Goonspeed good sir

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

I used to do this betting strategy of a lot of money on one safe bet and then several underdogs to come out even, and then Matt Serra happened to GSP and I lost a lot of money and I haven't bet on MMA since. I'm trying to give some advice here that maybe this is not a good idea to do, but really betting on MMA at all is a terrible idea so there is your advice.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
wow kim is a 3:1 dog against erick silva? theres value there

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Kim can grind out a win if he doesn't get flurried in the first minute, Maldonado should be able to outbox Beltran.
Hamill won't win, but those odds plus Silva missing weight, being unable to make a subsequent cut and tending to gas on the walk-in makes it a fair wager.

Toquinho is good value here. Welter is good for him, he's going to be strong as gently caress. I also think his obvious insanity and ability to end a career with one twist will play heavily on any opponent's mind.

I don't bet on underdogs because I think they'll win, rather that they've got a chance of winning slightly greater than the odds on offer.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I put what's left in my 5dimes account on the Dong, $25.06 to win $56.62.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
$10.00 to win $75.00 Pending 10/9/13 11:00pm Props Fighting 1043 Shields wins by 5 rounds unanimous dec +750* vs Any other result

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I haven't been doing well lately. You know what that means? Time to bet on heavyweights. 25 bucks on Maldonado by decision at +180.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 10, 2013

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

vainman posted:

$10.00 to win $75.00 Pending 10/9/13 11:00pm Props Fighting 1043 Shields wins by 5 rounds unanimous dec +750* vs Any other result

Hmmm....... not bad..... maybe.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

I haven't been doing well lately. You know what that means? Time to bet on heavyweights. 25 bucks on Maldonado by decision at +180.

gently caress yes bet on mma

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Grats outy, good night for you

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

MrSmokes posted:

I put what's left in my 5dimes account on the Dong, $25.06 to win $56.62.

Yeah Stun Gun!!!

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Kim probably loses that fight 5 or 6 times out of 10 but still him being a 3:1 underdog seemed crazy to me and is worth a bet, good job to those who bet on him

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
He was about 30 seconds from being TKO'd himself.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

He was about 30 seconds from being TKO'd himself.

Oh word????????????????????

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Put a little on Shields just to have some action and 'cause I like the odds. $6.68 to win $19.71

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

Put a little on Shields just to have some action and 'cause I like the odds. $6.68 to win $19.71

Congratulations!

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Awesome night, turned $25 into $101!

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

Grats outy, good night for you

Dodged a few bullets, good result all in all. Having said that, if Hamill wasn't dumber than Silva (a feat that I thought was impossible), I would have banked an extra £220.

outy fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 10, 2013

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

outy posted:

Dodged a few bullets, good result all in all. Having said that, if Hamill wasn't dumber than Silva (a feat that I thought was impossible), I would have banked an extra £220.

You loving nailed it, and you were v. close to getting a bonkers payday

Mike Pierce fought like he put a lot of money on Rousimar

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Got $11.39 to win $13.10 on Tim Bradley tomorrow, and $15.00 to win $8.57 on Cormier beating Nelson by decision. Will post more bets as more odds are released.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

Got $11.39 to win $13.10 on Tim Bradley tomorrow, and $15.00 to win $8.57 on Cormier beating Nelson by decision. Will post more bets as more odds are released.

if that isn't a typo those are terrible odds for bradley. got 30 on him to win by points at 2.87

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

if that isn't a typo those are terrible odds for bradley. got 30 on him to win by points at 2.87

I bet on Bradley to simply win at +115, not by points. I don't know if the odds were way better earlier, hadn't been following the line. I might drop some more money on him to win on points now that you mention it.

e: added Bradley winning by decision, $15.00 to win $27.75.

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Oct 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

I bet on Bradley to simply win at +115, not by points. I don't know if the odds were way better earlier, hadn't been following the line. I might drop some more money on him to win on points now that you mention it.

e: added Bradley winning by decision, $15.00 to win $27.75.

Wow I wonder if the Australian bookies know something they got Bradley as the definitive underdog