Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

commish posted:

In order to win 3 pvp fights currently, you have to do practice matches. You can do a practice match against the same person/time 30 times in a row if you want. Just pick a team that counters their team.

Is there a way to do practice matches other than "click Practice and select from 5 randomly chosen opponents"? Because if not, then no you can't. If there is, please tell me! I could really do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Is there a way to do practice matches other than "click Practice and select from 5 randomly chosen opponents"? Because if not, then no you can't. If there is, please tell me! I could really do with it.

Every time I've fought a practice match it's given me the same five people to chose from without any mixing it up.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I get it randomized after every fight. One of us is bugged.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Georgia Peach posted:

Every time I've fought a practice match it's given me the same five people to chose from without any mixing it up.

This is the case with me as well, and has always been the case.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I get the randomizer.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I get a random 5.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Looks like if I play my cards right, I might be able to grab Black Bolt tonight. Two covers left on Thane, too...

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Looks like Quicksilver is on iOS, so I guess Spec Ops 4 is next. I got some CP farming to do.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
I sometimes get the same set of opponents to pick from, and sometimes I get a new set right away. Interesting that it seems to work differently for different people.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Has anyone else noticed a reduction in how much ISO you get from visiting ally maps? Most of the time I get somewhere around 40, usually a little more...but in the last few days, I've only hit the 40 mark once, and last night I only got 30.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

DoctorDelaware posted:

Has anyone else noticed a reduction in how much ISO you get from visiting ally maps? Most of the time I get somewhere around 40, usually a little more...but in the last few days, I've only hit the 40 mark once, and last night I only got 30.

It's random, I've been hitting 40-50 every day during this SO, but I've hit 30 some days during previous ones.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Hey, so I know, if you 3-bird Proxima in Mission 1, does she do anything to Green Goblin and Abomination like she does the AIM guys?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Hey, so I know, if you 3-bird Proxima in Mission 1, does she do anything to Green Goblin and Abomination like she does the AIM guys?

I just fought her and Abomination at the same time, and I don't think it does. Looks like you just fight the minibosses in one wave before the infiltrator fakeout wave.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Nope, Green Goblin and Abomination is a normal fight, then she kills the AIM Infiltrators, then her "for real" battle.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Going up against a spendtard in iOS pvp is just sad. You put hundreds of dollars into a FREE PHONE GAME.

You're all going to hate me, as I opened 70 boxes and got 7 covers, didn't start getting any dups until I only have one cover left to get.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 27, 2013

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Got Thane, have to say he seems pretty awesome even at levels one and two.

His first move uses two hits, and if the first one drops the enemy below 30% it counts the second one for the fatal blow, it seems.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Well, that was surprising. I was one of those people who lost the initial 440 unstable ISOs without getting an email reimbursement. I opened a ticket and got a canned reply after about 5 days telling me to check my spam filters, blahblah. Replied back again saying I never got an email and it wasn't caught by any spam filter. 2 days later I get this:

quote:

Dear Agent,

We are sorry to hear that you have been having trouble in Marvel: Avengers Alliance. To assist you with these issues, we have taken the following actions:

Added 440 Unstable ISO-8 to your account, you will see this change the next time you log in.

We apologize for any setback this situation may have caused and hope that these actions help ease the frustration you have encountered.

Thank you for playing,

Playdom Game Services Department

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I did the same thing, and all I got was a reply that basically summed up the canned reply.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I got Thane.

PROTIP: In order to beat the lockbox task that has you trying to three-bird the bosses in the third mission, use Thane as your team up because he gets three bonuses for fighting with Black Bolt.

That's right.

To get the lockboxes to recruit Thane, use Thane.

:P

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I think Black Panther has three bonuses with Black Bolt, too.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
If you wanna know who goes well with a specific character, go to the "Team" menu and choose "Bio". You're welcome! :)

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

PvP is pretty bullshit. I've only won 2 defenses. Yet again I've only lost 2 attacks, so it kinda evens out. Just gotta attack more I guess.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You'd think Captain America would have better team-up bonuses, particularly with Iron Man and Thor.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I'm surprised he doesn't have one with Spider-Man.

Call it "I Went Through Maximum Carnage And All I Got Was This Lousy Team-Up Bonus"

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
So the news page is advertising the promotion where you get a free code for the first issue of Infinity by clearing the Spec Op. No code in the mail, so I imagine we Playdom players must be left out of these promotions as usual. Ah, well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how even using a team of 3 tacticians, Proxima Midnight still slaughters my party in a Brusier Thanos match.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

twistedmentat posted:

I love how even using a team of 3 tacticians, Proxima Midnight still slaughters my party in a Brusier Thanos match.

Honestly, I just gave my agent the Guardian of Antillan, Protector of Antillan and something to make them immune to Bleeding(Reboot, Panacea Injection, whatever) and it made three-birding the fight kind of easy. Proxima and Corvus just couldn't do enough damage through Protector's buff/Guardian's shields to put my agent at risk, so I could just focus on beating up Thanos.

Well, I'm sure that could work with any decent Protecting agent build. The Antillan stuff's just the best stuff I had to guard with in that fight.

(If I read you wrong and you're not talking about Mission 3, just ignore this.)

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 30, 2013

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Savant Spear (or really anything that applies Generalized) makes those a hell of a lot easier

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Honestly, I just gave my agent the Guardian of Antillan, Protector of Antillan and something to make them immune to Bleeding(Reboot, Panacea Injection, whatever) and it made three-birding the fight kind of easy. Proxima and Corvus just couldn't do enough damage through Protector's buff/Guardian's shields to put my agent at risk, so I could just focus on beating up Thanos.

Well, I'm sure that could work with any decent Protecting agent build. The Antillan stuff's just the best stuff I had to guard with in that fight.

(If I read you wrong and you're not talking about Mission 3, just ignore this.)

Yea, I'm talking about the Epic boss fights. Seriously, she pops in and is all stab stab stab stab! and Cyk is dead.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Attilan set is really nice. I don't have the weapon you need those 50 things of, but have everything else. That big laser beam attack Thanos does? With that set you just laugh off the damage.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I'm talking about the Epic boss fights. Seriously, she pops in and is all stab stab stab stab! and Cyk is dead.

You mean the group boss? I've been sticking to Cyk, CB, and agent with Enchanted Crowbar. I usually end up fighting her twice.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

You mean the group boss? I've been sticking to Cyk, CB, and agent with Enchanted Crowbar. I usually end up fighting her twice.

I've actually had an annoying thing were she gets summoned, takes her free turn, gets killed by a counterattack, and immediately gets summoned and gets another turn. The worst way to fight her twice.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I normally take cyk + someone who is of the class strong against thanos + tact agent. She slaughters Cyk and the agent just as much as she kills the brusier.

So the Attilan Set is good? I have the 50 piece thing too so it will probably be even better.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

twistedmentat posted:

I usually bring Ares and X23 for Scrapper Thanos, and both can take at LEAST one attack that are all crits (Blaster x Bruiser). If Cyclops dies in three non-crit hits his HP is probably too low. Either bring someone else or ISO him up.

On another note, I already have Mk42 Blaster and Iron Patriot Tactician, but have CP's to spare. How useful would it be to have the off-class Iron Man 3 suits?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Or is it Sputnik posted:

I usually bring Ares and X23 for Scrapper Thanos, and both can take at LEAST one attack that are all crits (Blaster x Bruiser). If Cyclops dies in three non-crit hits his HP is probably too low. Either bring someone else or ISO him up.

On another note, I already have Mk42 Blaster and Iron Patriot Tactician, but have CP's to spare. How useful would it be to have the off-class Iron Man 3 suits?

I think IP makes the most sense as a Tactician, but Iron Man can go either way.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Opopanax posted:

The Savant Spear (or really anything that applies Generalized) makes those a hell of a lot easier

If you have the Mutagen Emitter from the recent Chinese Knockoffs Are Bad News mini-missions, using it first round usually pops Unbreakable Skin on your main attacker. That prevents those stupid bleed effects.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

How the hell have I been playing this game for six months and not seen this thread? Jesus. Waiting for them to rerelease Mockingbird and Pym, and release Bishop to the not-tryhard public, but otherwise I have caught all the marvelpokemons through ridiculously large amounts of judicious CP farming and very good luck on lockboxes for Thane. Now I can use no one but Cyke and Ares ever in peace.

Speaking of CP farming - for the probably three people that don't know this, there's currently a glitch on the PD site where if you win what shows as a Team Stamina Restore III (but mouses over as a Team Restore III) and then refresh, you get 10 CP. In theory exploiting glitches can get you banned (maybe this is incentive if you are trying to go cold turkey), so I haven't been seeking them out, but it's not stopping me from getting them when they happen to be available without moving. I imagine this'll be fixed later today or tomorrow...probably. :playdomqa:

Not that I imagine anyone is having trouble with Dormammu in the SO, but if you put Neutralized or Buff Blocker on him, he'll do nothing but ineffectively spam Draw Power. Twisted Gift looks pretty okay so I've been farming for it, naturally getting the drop off Corvus first. The glaive is less lovely than I originally thought - you don't need to use it to get the damage buff, so if you counterattack a lot (say, because you use that Devourer you accidentally bought due to stupid popups and lovely button placement) and use Ares you should get the buff to max inside a round.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

The epic boss drop does look pretty neat, I just got it and equipped it. It's nice that it's not part of the Set so I feel I can equip it with anything - Like, say, the Signpost, which might help alleviate the downside. It should be good though, considering its aim is to be a party-wide Mystical Munition.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ayndin posted:

How the hell have I been playing this game for six months and not seen this thread? Jesus. Waiting for them to rerelease Mockingbird and Pym, and release Bishop to the not-tryhard public

If you have an iOS device you can unlock Mockingbird though the avengers Initiative game. And Pym is terrible so don't worry too much about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Finally got Thane; I had way worse lockbox luck than I have before. I also feel like I got a ton of ally group bosses in the first wave and hardly any after that, which slowed down getting the boxes in the first place.

• Locked thread