Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I finally got all 76 stars in Tiny Thief today. Finished the game a long time ago, got distracted and didn't get full completion until now. The reward for getting all the stars is a link to a YouTube video with a Tiny Thief blooper reel, and is goddamn adorable. That game remains just one of the best things in the history of best things.

If you haven't already, buy Tiny Thief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Parkingtigers posted:

I finally got all 76 stars in Tiny Thief today. Finished the game a long time ago, got distracted and didn't get full completion until now. The reward for getting all the stars is a link to a YouTube video with a Tiny Thief blooper reel, and is goddamn adorable. That game remains just one of the best things in the history of best things.

If you haven't already, buy Tiny Thief.

Huh, really? I all-starred it but don't remember the link, maybe I missed it... Can you post it or PM me maybe?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Corridor posted:

Huh, really? I all-starred it but don't remember the link, maybe I missed it... Can you post it or PM me maybe?

It's on the main title screen, top right hand corner. I kind of want to post a link, but at the same time I think it's cool that they have an actual reward for completing the game and I want people to buy this thing so I might get more of it.

Eh, here's the link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X1mXmQ5t_vI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DX1mXmQ5t_vI

I figure at this point in the game's life, it's more a reason to buy the game rather than a spoiler. Seriously, everyone needs to buy Tiny Thief. That game was made with love.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Parkingtigers posted:

It's on the main title screen, top right hand corner. I kind of want to post a link, but at the same time I think it's cool that they have an actual reward for completing the game and I want people to buy this thing so I might get more of it.

Eh, here's the link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X1mXmQ5t_vI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DX1mXmQ5t_vI

I figure at this point in the game's life, it's more a reason to buy the game rather than a spoiler. Seriously, everyone needs to buy Tiny Thief. That game was made with love.

poo poo, that's hilarious. Thing is, half that stuff is just kind of confusing unless you've finished the game. It's still cute and silly and I might link it to a friend to try convince them to play, but I think a lot of the appreciation would come from "oh hey that's from when I did the thing". I can remember moooost of those scenes but not enough really. :(

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
I'm actually wondering if you get less experience from quests when you ask for more gold in Reaper. Is there any way to create a new game so I can check?

There's no way the game has branching stories or anything. If you refuse a quest with one dialogue option then you have to restart the conversation and pick the other one. Maybe they just want you to have fun being a greedy spellsword who always demands more :black101:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
For anyone else that picked up the recent file program with the SNES emulator built in, have you noticed it seeming to up and wipe saved states (and saves in general)?

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist
What's the best Trials-style game out right now for iOS?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Recycle Bin posted:

What's the best Trials-style game out right now for iOS?

None are super great because of the limitation of touch screen controls, but Bike Baron stands out among them.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

Evil Fluffy posted:

For anyone else that picked up the recent file program with the SNES emulator built in, have you noticed it seeming to up and wipe saved states (and saves in general)?

Yes, I've abandoned my attempt to replay chrono trigger because of this.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
If only they made Chrono Trigger for iOS.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

PRADA SLUT posted:

Pay for a video game?! *scoff*

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

PRADA SLUT posted:

To bad it's not for iPad or I'd get it.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Maybe it's due to a way that iOS 7.0 handles data management.
Which means we're screwed cause the dev can't update.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Dragonrah posted:

2x screen?

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Yeah, I'd do that, but from all the games I've tried it with it looks terrible. I'll probably pick it up if/when it goes on sale.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Finally found the third piece to my first portal in Junk Jack X and it cracked me up a little that my little pixel stargate took me to a desert planet with pyramids in the background.

Is the order of planets found random or predetermined?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
So internet humorist Seanbaby just put up his site for his new game Calculords, which looks interesting. It's a single-player TCG mixed with tower defense elements. You have to destroy the enemy base by sending units across three lanes, but you summon the units by combining various numbers to equal the number listed on the card. Use all the numbers, and you get a bonus along with new numbers for combining. It looks neat, and it's supposed to be coming soon.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Dragonrah posted:

Yeah, I'd do that, but from all the games I've tried it with it looks terrible. I'll probably pick it up if/when it goes on sale.

I thought 2x used retina or something now

And it can't look worse than a SNES emulator

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

Sad lions posted:

Not sure about the iOS controls but Chinatown Wars is possibly the most purely fun GTA I've played.

Very very very few missions are anything but enjoyable and even losing the cops is great.
I am really hoping they update the controls to be compatible with whatever controller they end up releasing. I found the touchscreen controls a bit poo poo. An iPad mini+controller+Chinatown Wars is going to be amazing.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Bummey posted:

None are super great because of the limitation of touch screen controls, but Bike Baron stands out among them.

Yep by a long shot.

And I'm enjoying playing through Shantae: Risky's Revenge but goddamn is this game easy. It's nice looking and quirky but the gameplay is an absolute snore.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

So I'm back on iOS now after a few years on Android and looking for some quick time wasters. I saw Geometry Wars is now on iOS which sounds cool, but it hasn't been updated since 2010. Are there any good twin stick shooter clones out there?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PRADA SLUT posted:

My save got eaten a couple of years back when I updated my phone and now I don't play long RPGs on iOS anymore :(

Ota_Himuro
Jan 13, 2008

A wild SANDBREAD appears!

psylent posted:

I am really hoping they update the controls to be compatible with whatever controller they end up releasing. I found the touchscreen controls a bit poo poo. An iPad mini+controller+Chinatown Wars is going to be amazing.

Don't. Haven't even got updated for friggin' MULTITASKING so far, Rockstar more or less abandoned that game.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Are there any other card based games out there like ascension? I am loving it but want more. Not Puzzles And Dragons.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Ota_Himuro posted:

Don't. Haven't even got updated for friggin' MULTITASKING so far, Rockstar more or less abandoned that game.

When I briefly considered getting it I was supremely put off by the drat 'lite' version outright restarting because I went to quickly check something else.

Never bodes well, that.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Ota_Himuro posted:

If you can find a copy of the DS version, just get that. I loooved that game. There is a toy economy with the drug market, with Freelancer style buying-transporting-selling. You shake off your wanted levels by taking out pursuing police cars, which is pretty fun and easy by tricking them into ramming oncoming traffic.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

Dragonrah posted:

This.

I'm sure I'll pull out the old SNES again before too long and replay it. Or maybe I'll just take anther crack at my steam backlog instead :negative:

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

SquadronROE posted:

Are there any other card based games out there like ascension? I am loving it but want more. Not Puzzles And Dragons.

Nightfall and the Penny Arcade game are both similar deck-builders, but neither are as good. Food fight was a decent draft-based card game that's reasonably fun, albeit goofy. There was a third-party Dominion app for a while, but it's vanished. SolForge is iPad only, and though I hate having some of the cards locked behind a too-expensive paywall, it's still got really nice mechanics and opportunity to at least get a fair number of cards for free.

I finally plunked down for Agricola. It's fun, but drat is it hard. Really captures that starving peasant thing.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Speaking of GTA on iOS, after III and Vice City, I hope they'll eventually release San Andreas. That would just be freakin' fantastic to have on iPhone/iPad.

It seems like the release of V would have been a great time to put out that port, too.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Speaking of GTA on iOS, after III and Vice City, I hope they'll eventually release San Andreas. That would just be freakin' fantastic to have on iPhone/iPad.

It seems like the release of V would have been a great time to put out that port, too.

Until they fix controls they shouldn't do any of this

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Until they fix controls they shouldn't do any of this

iPad Mini + iOS controller + any GTA would be fantastic

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

101 posted:

iPad Mini + iOS controller + any GTA would be fantastic

I'm really hoping they update them to support a controller. That and just about every game on my iPad.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Has anyone figured out how to get Chinatown Wars working on iOS 7? Or is it just the 5S that's giving me problems? Every time I start it up to give the game a try, it just goes black after the first cutscenes. Basically, I start up, I see the intro with your character talking about his job and his dad, he lands in the airport, talks to his friends, then the thugs show up and shoot everyone, then it goes black while there's a discussion about him getting shot and the car ride in the trunk. Then it sounds like I'm supposed to bust out of the trunk and kill everyone, but the screen stays black and I can't do anything.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Arcturas posted:

Has anyone figured out how to get Chinatown Wars working on iOS 7? Or is it just the 5S that's giving me problems? Every time I start it up to give the game a try, it just goes black after the first cutscenes. Basically, I start up, I see the intro with your character talking about his job and his dad, he lands in the airport, talks to his friends, then the thugs show up and shoot everyone, then it goes black while there's a discussion about him getting shot and the car ride in the trunk. Then it sounds like I'm supposed to bust out of the trunk and kill everyone, but the screen stays black and I can't do anything.
Check it out on the app description for both the iPhone and iPad versions:

quote:

*** PLEASE NOTE: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is currently incompatible with iOS 7. We are investigating an update and appreciate your patience and support. ***

Really hoping this forces them to put some money into an update (which would then require them to adjust it for widescreen displays, too).

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
In pocket trains, does having two engines on a train drain more fuel?

forebodingburger
Jul 23, 2010

Sever your leg, please.

KGBAgent185 posted:

If I remember correctly from the beta thread, it doesn't.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

KGBAgent185 posted:

no

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics! :mad:

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

xzzy posted:

In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics! :mad:

The first law of thermodynamics is don't talk about thermodynamics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Seems like Marvel Puzzle Quest will be dropping this Thursday in the US, probably world-wide too.

• Locked thread