Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Nine. I like to think that Monkey's death has slightly hardened us to the concept of death of a loved one, but Monkey wouldn't have been much more than a six or seven for us (though he'd have been a ten for Danal). Death is no longer inconceivable to us, but we will not treat the concept lightly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
1. As to the coconut drink you...
A. Take it and drink it. Ishamal said to never decline a chance to drink, eat, and "sleep".

2. As to the far more important question of Ishamal you...
G. Politely decline. Say we would love to talk about our good GENEROUS friend Ishamal. but we have this month long manhood test to complete. It involves a lot of starving, hallucinating, my dog dying, and maybe me dying. We will gladly share our stories after the test. WINK WINK. Could use some help here.

3. If you voted to trade with him above(Anything but A) in exchange you ask for...
J. All of the above. Food and water for both me and Snarls for a month.

4. When you thought about it, how upset were you, on a scale of one to ten?
9... I love you Snarls!
[/quote]

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Diogines, will you be using the average number for votes on this?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

OhYo posted:

Diogines, will you be using the average number for votes on this?

Who knows! But I don't need anyone to count this one. I will handle #4.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

Who knows! But I don't need anyone to count this one. I will handle #4.

This is obviously the most important issue and deserves your attention.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
A note: He claims dominion over "The dry wastes, the desolate places". This is now an oasis and is thus neither a dry waste nor a desolate place. Probably doesn't matter, but it might be useful.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
00:15 Basscop personally
00:15 Basscop i think we should just say "Do you really want to know that much?"
00:15 Basscop he says yes obviously
00:16 Basscop we negotiate to get 2 full gourds of water
00:16 Basscop normal drinkable water with no spells or enchantments
00:16 Basscop and then when we have that we go "Yes he still makes those fruity drinks" and walk away

My proposal.

It goes D G and Q

Diogines posted:

Azzazel's tone has changed markedly at the mention of Ishamal, less maniacal and taunting and genuine, or faked-genuine enthusiasm.

"I decline to answer" you say with a grin.

"Oh come on! Don't be like that! It's been an age since I saw him, literally, an age, I think so anyway, it could have been two, I have not been back to check in a while and they may have changed the count again."

"It will cost you" you say.

"Seriously, Creature-" the first possibly non slanderous term Azzazel has used for you "level with me, it's just us out here and I don't want to get in trouble anyway. Do you really know Ishamal?"

You grin and rub two fingers together.

"Oh you little...!" Azzazel laughs and
waves a hand, the ground shakes slightly and several large palm trees burst out of the ground and springs up around you, shading the two of you and Snarls, an oasis forms around it.

Azzazel leans over the table. "Come on now! Tell me everything! Does he still make those ridiculous citrus drinks? Who is he wooing? Where is he about now a days?"

He's dropped his guard and lawyer face. We can use that and vaguely answer his last 3 questions after we get water for us and Snarls and then just walk away. But only if we decline his Citrus drink thingy which we did never ask him for.
It's a given that he will push us for more info. But at least then we will have what we need to survive.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am far more suspicious of the 'nice' Azzazel than the blustery one. Anything he gives us like water or food is likely to be trapped.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I change my vote to plan Basscop.

Sogol posted:

I am far more suspicious of the 'nice' Azzazel than the blustery one. Anything he gives us like water or food is likely to be trapped.
Magical beings like Azzazel are bound by their word. If we are able to negotiate completely mundane equipment from him, there won't be anything he can do about it.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Minivote: ten. Because I like the idea of Enkidel trying to climb Mt. Har.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. B
2. A
4. 9

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Plan OhYo! as I don't have any better ideas. I hate haggling and negotiation!

4. 8, I guess. Tears will be shed, but we remain in control.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

4. 8.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Changing my vote to plan OhYo.

4. 8, We love Snarls a lot, probably more than our mother, but we know that unless he happens to be a Mighty Dog, he probably won't live forever. The slightest thought of his passing makes us choke up momentarily.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Because the picture of him that you're using looks a lot like the shar-pei I had growing up, and he lived to be drat near 15, god dammit.

Ok, so he had a healthy lifestyle and never had to trek across the desert, but I stand by my point :argh:

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Yeesh.

4: 5. Obviously we care about Snarls a great deal, but we know what death is, we know it comes, we've seen and dealt with it personally, hell, we're facing the possibility of our own here. The thought of Snarls passing is sad, but it's just a fact of life; we're not about to start convulsing and foaming at the mouth at the fact that dogs don't live forever. If anything, we use the knowledge that our time is limited to appreciate all the more what we have, while we have it.

As for the other votes, I'll get to those after sleeping.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Diogines posted:

Azzazel's tone has changed markedly at the mention of Ishamal, less maniacal and taunting and genuine, or faked-genuine enthusiasm.

"I decline to answer" you say with a grin.

"Oh come on! Don't be like that! It's been an age since I saw him, literally, an age, I think so anyway, it could have been two, I have not been back to check in a while and they may have changed the count again."

"It will cost you" you say.

"Seriously, Creature-" the first possibly non slanderous term Azzazel has used for you "level with me, it's just us out here and I don't want to get in trouble anyway. Do you really know Ishamal?"

You grin and rub two fingers together.

"Oh you little...!" Azzazel laughs and
waves a hand, the ground shakes slightly and several large palm trees burst out of the ground and springs up around you, shading the two of you and Snarls, an oasis forms around it.

A small monkey climbs down from the top of the tree and hands Azzazel a coconut filled with some sort of juice, the monkey scampers back up the tree and offers you one as well, a reed straw exactly like the sorts used in Zepath sticks out.

Azzazel leans over the table. "Come on now! Tell me everything! Does he still make those ridiculous citrus drinks? Who is he wooing? Where is he about now a days?"

[/quote]The law is very clear that a thirsty man is entitled to water, even a slave and any man can demand water and should be given it, to drink for himself, but not for his animals. It is not entirely unusual for men lost in the wilderness to be parched and if found, the law of hospitality demands they be brought back to your own home and cared for till they are able to travel again, even if they are an enemy. No man who was rescued in this fashion would ever betray their rescuer even if they were the most hated of foes.

It is also sacrilege to harm a guest after you have eaten in their home, or for the guest to harm the host, after the meal has begun.[/quote]

I vote that we Take the coconut, have a sip and pass it to Snarls.

"Azzazel! The day is wearing on me and this is a fine place now. Come, let us share a meal together in your home and we will talk of old friends."

We've spent a lot of time with Ishamal. Spin some yarns and tales about stuff he's done. The shwarma with Minotaur tale, go into detail about the great taste of minotaur..

Then say "Well, that was fun but we must be going. Trials and all. Maybe we'll let you know more about Ishamal after those trials."

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Minivote: 6. We love Snarls and we'll be very sad to see him go someday. But Enkidel understands that death is part of life and he has a good control over his emotions.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Voting 1 on the minivote in hopes that it'll be averaged. 10? Really?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I don't know, I like ten. It seems like something more mythically Enkidu, unwilling to accept death and all that.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

We don't have to follow Enkidu. We're here to make our story, not his.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

HBar posted:

We don't have to follow Enkidu. We're here to make our story, not his.

Snarls is also an awesome dog and cannot die :colbert:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I wonder if he went through a secret doghood test at 2.26 years old? Had to stare at bone for a month without eating it or something.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
It really didn't occur to me Snarls could age out so soon, I just always was hoping for a trinket or a blessing so he'd be a badass warrior dog as long as we'd live or at least go the way of Bucephalus, Alexander the Great's horse, and get a city named after him after he passed.

1. A. We're a guest now it'd be rude not to drink the poison coconut.

2.D. I'd like it if we told him what we know of Ishamal, he'd share some stories as well, just for conversation sake.

3.Q. To be released from his death lands by having the forest brought to us, this might be a spacial distortion like in the ART dome. And maybe a reward of a magical weapon or trinket of novelty not practicality for catching his trick. We are to survive in the wilderness on our own merit, just ask him to get out of our way.

4. 10 Enkindel loves with all of his heart!

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

I vote with OhYo!

And 7 on Snarls. Really, 10? We aren't an emotional child anymore.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. As to the coconut drink you...
E.Take a sip and pass it to snarls. Hope hospitality rules apply.

2. As to the far more important question of Ishamal you...
D. If he agrees to my price, I tell him all about Ishamal, but not where he is.
Ishamal isn't in witness protection, his existence is no secret. Frankly, now that Azz knows we know Ishamal, it isn't much effort for him to figure out what city we are from and go look for Ishamal himself if he is able to travel. If he isn't able to travel, there is no harm in telling him what little we know.

3. If you voted to trade with him above(Anything but A) in exchange you ask for... Pick as many as you want...
P. Just leave me this oasis! I can handle the rest

The oasis has food and water. Coconut isn't ideal food for a dog, but in the modern world we feed our dogs mostly corn and they get by alright. We can spend a day or two figuring out how to carry water in coconuts. A few palm fronds wouldn't be too heavy, and could be used as a shade in the heat of the day, and a lovely blanket in the cold of the night. The scrub has rocks, with a supply of water we have time to look around for a decent sharp rock to help open the coconuts.

8 Our childhood dog is a big deal. But we're not 5 years old, a man can deal that loss without losing his mind.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
10 is really tempting but 6, we really love that dog but we aren't a crazy person. Someone needs to teach Snarls the secret to not dying.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
4. 7

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
1. E: Take a sip, wet our mouth, pass it on to Snarls.

2. D. I am blaming this on the paranoia of the goon hivemind.

3. I will start bargaining trying to get everything under the sun (A through P). My goal is the JKL trio. I am willing to settle for E, but would not be willing to tell him all about Ishamal in that case. Some, sure, but less than I'd say for J.

4. 7. Crushed, sure, but not to the point of obsession. We'd have a period of mourning, as one of our two closest friends had just passed. (I kind of want, now, for Snarls' death to be the trigger that causes Enkidel to climb the mountain into paradise. "Why have you come here?" "He was my best friend." Danal: "Hey! I'm right here!")

Rhymenoceros
Nov 16, 2008
Monks, a statement endowed with five factors is well-spoken, not ill-spoken. It is blameless & unfaulted by knowledgeable people. Which five?

It is spoken at the right time. It is spoken in truth. It is spoken affectionately. It is spoken beneficially. It is spoken with a mind of good-will.
4. 10 Enkindel loves with all of his heart!

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
I don't recall us being too broken up after our father was decapitated, so I'm going for 5.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
When (if) The Plan OhYo Semi Bluff brings us back to the table, I would really still like to tell the Ishamal/Asherah story and let the name Mereniel slip.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
#1, 2 & 3 Counted through Save Target As (26 voters):

pre:
1-Coco				
A	B	C	D	E
4	5	0	12	5

2-Ishamal						
A	B	C	D	E	F	G
3	1	0	17	0	0	5

3-Hope you guess my name...					
A	B	C	D	E	F
4	4	1	1	2	1

G	H	I	J	K	L
1	1	1	2	2	2	

M	N	O	P	Q
1	1	3	2	16
Notes:
  • 9x Q are named as plan OhYo with tone variations
  • 3x Q are plan Basscop
  • 4x Q are singles including: ART theory, Labaras question, teleportation to trees, Gourd and various negotiations
  • 1-E added by player for 'sip coco give to Snarls'

Legend

Sogol fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 1, 2013

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Voting 1 on the dog-love meter. Holy poo poo, guys, you're making it sound like Enkidel loves his dog more than he loves his mother.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Lets vote for Plan fish Basscop.

And, its a dog guys, really. I love them too, but I also realize that they are animals who live short lives. Get over it. 1

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

my dad posted:

Voting 1 on the dog-love meter. Holy poo poo, guys, you're making it sound like Enkidel loves his dog more than he loves his mother.

Then again, that might be true.

Just a fun fact, I suppose it's what I get for posting in this thread right before I go to sleep, but I dreamt on the theme of this story last night. It was actually pretty epic, there was a lot of El-Warrior/Asherah conflict as we returned to the shore with Tudiya, to retrieve some sort of demon egg or something, for unknown purposes. We may have accidentally brought the ocean and Asherah back with us to civilization, however :(

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Theglavwen posted:

Then again, that might be true.

Just a fun fact, I suppose it's what I get for posting in this thread right before I go to sleep, but I dreamt on the theme of this story last night. It was actually pretty epic, there was a lot of El-Warrior/Asherah conflict as we returned to the shore with Tudiya, to retrieve some sort of demon egg or something, for unknown purposes. We may have accidentally brought the ocean and Asherah back with us to civilization, however :(

Beach front property and shark-skin clothes for all of our friends, sounds good to me.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I wonder what the reaction will be if we name drop our hungry fishy friend.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Outrail posted:

I wonder what the reaction will be if we name drop our hungry fishy friend.

"Ohhh, THAT guy. That loving guy. You know, he's only so hungry because he keeps forgetting that he ate. Little goldfish brain, you see?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

We love that dog, maybe as much as our own mother, but we saw our own 'father' decapitated and that didn't even really get to us. I'm gonna say we'd be at a level 5 sadness with doggy loss.

As for that drink,
1. E Take a drink and give some to Snarls.

Azzaz wants info on Ishamal? Fine, 2. D, We'll tell him, but not where he is. I'm worried something bad may happen if we tell him where he's staying, or maybe even hiding. But not without something in return! Personally I think we need to do this trial as much alone as we can, I'd like Azzaz to give us A+B and that Goard he had beside him to use for later, depending on if he gives us a fancier one with the water deal. Really I wouldn't want to have something fancy that we couldn't make ourselves, so Tudiya doesn't think we went to a village for help. K The flint would be easy to add to the barter as well. Snarls should be able to help us hunt once we get into the woods, so the sooner we get there the better chance we'll have of surviving. So for my last request I'd like to see if Azzaz will do Q, teleport us to the edge of the forest that Snarls has told us is the closest area with water.
(3. A B K Q:Teleport)