Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/4087242286.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Divorce special?

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4068170897.html

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
:siren: Fleetwood 75 ALERT :siren:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/4032242981.html

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Sometimes I think it'd be great to live in the middle of nowhere and be able to buy and do whatever I wanted with 8 million cars and then I realize I'd have to live in Omaha.

Captain Tact
Feb 9, 2006
I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend.
"sale my porsche"

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3996027948.html

I am always curious about ads like this. Who that drives a Porsche in the U.S. can't write beyond a kindergarten level? Is it some dude in Eastern Europe trying to get me to wire him $15k? Yuri, If I have to wire you the money sight unseen, I won't pay a dime over $12,500. Final offer. :colbert:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

StormDrain posted:

Love this Scout - would buy it if it met any need other than to have and to hold.

How can the outside look so good and the inside look so very lovely? Goddamn.

I've got a friend in Fort Collins with an appreciation for the Scout, I sent him the link but that thing's got problems. If I could get it for $1000-1500 I'd rip out the back seats and make it my camping vehicle though.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.

Real gold. A little too high for a non runner, but these are getting quite rare.
I'm still kicking myself over not going on a blind-buy roadtrip over 3 states to get one for $500 a few months back
Havent seen one on the west coast CL's since then.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Octopus Magic posted:

Sometimes I think it'd be great to live in the middle of nowhere and be able to buy and do whatever I wanted with 8 million cars and then I realize I'd have to live in Omaha.

Oh god, don't even get me started. I just have to spend 3 years here for work, then I am either moving to Minneapolis or possibly Dallas. This town really sucks.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Oh god, don't even get me started. I just have to spend 3 years here for work, then I am either moving to Minneapolis or possibly Dallas. This town really sucks.

I know Minneapolis isn't exactly Hooterville, but this still reads funny, to me: "Holy poo poo do I hate Omaha. gently caress this, I'm moving to Minnesota."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4013222572.html

I know Baytown women aren't very high-class, but they aren't this bad.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Centripetal Horse posted:

I know Minneapolis isn't exactly Hooterville, but this still reads funny, to me: "Holy poo poo do I hate Omaha. gently caress this, I'm moving to Minnesota."

While MN can be quite boring, nothing is as boring as Nebraska. Nothing.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

North Dakota? South Dakota?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Wyoming. :smugjones:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

You guys have NORAD.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

Jealous Cow posted:

You guys have NORAD.

Also Yellowstone. Wyoming is a beautiful state and is plenty exciting if you care at all about either Geology or natural beauty. If you don't care about either, then I hope John Muir rises from his grave to kick your rear end.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Heh, it was a Cannibal joke.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4091535561.html

This is just.... :getin:

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Nebraska is amazing compared to Iowa. I've lived in both.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Industrial posted:

Nebraska is amazing compared to Iowa. I've lived in both.

They are both pretty awful. But at least dealing with the DMV in Iowa is a much less laborious process. 3 more years I tell myself.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1974-Volvo-142-W0QQAdIdZ527329746

If only I had space. Someone save this.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I wanna hit the owner.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4086539773.html

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

I found something that looked familar on craigslist

1986 MR2 - upgraded BT 20-valve - $3000 (W.Seattle)

First thought was its always nice to see 20v swapped cars, and I have been tossing around the idea of getting rid of my e30 and going back to a aw11. Then I opened the ad and realized, holyshit this car was built from my old mr2 after it got totaled. Same wheels, steering wheel, suspension parts, engine setup, everything.

Engine bay of my old car

Engine bay from the ad

Its hard to tell in my old picture, but the coolant system reroute is the same.

I emailed the guy asking, but I haven't heard back. I might text him to set up a time to take a look at the car and take it for a spin, but I am not sure if I want to tempt fate again. Out of the 4 aw11's I have owned, 3 were written off by other drivers and I have already been in a decent wreck with that drivetrain, it seems like buying it is asking for trouble.

Here is what my old car looked like when I sold it

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Not many people get a second chance. At least go look.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Some dude on Kijiji listed my old Outback Sport yesterday morning. Which is strange because the salvage auction was only two weeks ago and he's not disclosing that it's a salvage title in the ad.

That car deserved better. :smith:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Not many people get a second chance. At least go look.

Yea, it seems like a sign to me. He emailed me back, it is def the same guy, so that is pretty much my old car with a different body. He mentioned wanting my celica alltrac, which is still in pieces in my garage. If I did do a trade, I think I could avoid my girlfriend killing me for getting another old toyota. The problem is, despite letting it sit for years, I really like my alltrac and want to get it back on the road and I know it would be hard to find another one, but with my work schedule god knows how much longer its gonna sit.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Negromancer posted:

The problem is, despite letting it sit for years, I really like my alltrac and want to get it back on the road and I know it would be hard to find another one, but with my work schedule god knows how much longer its gonna sit.

I am the same way about my 323 GTX, but have seriously lost interest. I even bought a new engine for it, and have most of the parts still. Just no time with a toddler and an infant. At least I can fit the engine in my new car project if I really wanted to...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That son of a bitch.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

That's probably the first GN I have ever seen that doesn't have the OEM wheels, be they base or GNX. And I used to hang out next to a shop that worked on them exclusively in the 90's, they'd have over a dozen in there at all times.

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
My biggest regret in life thus far was selling my 85 GLH.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

DJ Commie posted:

I am the same way about my 323 GTX, but have seriously lost interest. I even bought a new engine for it, and have most of the parts still. Just no time with a toddler and an infant. At least I can fit the engine in my new car project if I really wanted to...

I was in the same boat with my Talon. It sat for 8 years and 2 of those years I had an engine ready to be assembled and put in. I just had to carve out time. I spent a couple hours every weekend or other weekend so I wouldn't burn myself out. Now it's together and running. I'd say it was worth the wait.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I have no idea how this is still listed.

http://fayar.craigslist.org/cto/4103772942.html

blk
Dec 19, 2009

It's a 100 miles away but I'm thinking of going to look tomorrow. The owner told me it was clean but keeps screwing up the VIN when he tries to email me so I can't confirm. Any reason why I shouldn't buy? I don't have much experience with rust, does it look bad/expensive to anyone?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

blk posted:

It's a 100 miles away but I'm thinking of going to look tomorrow. The owner told me it was clean but keeps screwing up the VIN when he tries to email me so I can't confirm. Any reason why I shouldn't buy? I don't have much experience with rust, does it look bad/expensive to anyone?

Don't bother doing rust repair on a removable part, just buy a new front fender. I can't tell what the other pictures look like.

It looks like that rust on the top edge of the fender comes from scraping it against something. At that height it was probably a parking bollard, garage door opening, etc. However.. the leading edge of the inner fender is difficult to see but it looks like it's twisted inward which would possibly indicate hitting something with the bumper while backing up and turning, or more likely getting hit by another car. Check both front wheels for consistency with that hit, it probably would have left some scrapes behind on the wheel that was hit. Also check the headlight mounting on that side, the inner fender liner and whether the bumper sits flush.

I'd have a suspicion that the owner is screwing up the VIN on purpose to hide something in the car's history from you, such as a title from theft. Get the real VIN and verify it before making an offer.

Submit the car to a body shop inspection along with the usual mechanical inspection. Remember that AP1 S2000s have total loss VTEC so it's possible that if the car has been driven hard and poorly maintained it has run dry on oil.

edit: Car was up for sale before for $12k with the same ad text. Google has the old craigslist ad in their listing but doesn't seem to have a cache.
http://fyiauto.com/cars-sale/cars-for-sale.asp?year=2000&make=HONDA&model=S2000&city=BEAVERTON&zip=97005&vid=36058188

edit: Other pictures look OK. Parking lot damage in the left rear bumper, obviously, but that seems minor. Less concerned about the front left fender if they're upright enough to take a shot of that.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 3, 2013

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Don't bother doing rust repair on a removable part, just buy a new front fender. I can't tell what the other pictures look like.

It looks like that rust on the top edge of the fender comes from scraping it against something. At that height it was probably a parking bollard, garage door opening, etc. However.. the leading edge of the inner fender is difficult to see but it looks like it's twisted inward which would possibly indicate hitting something with the bumper while backing up and turning, or more likely getting hit by another car. Check both front wheels for consistency with that hit, it probably would have left some scrapes behind on the wheel that was hit. Also check the headlight mounting on that side, the inner fender liner and whether the bumper sits flush.

I'd have a suspicion that the owner is screwing up the VIN on purpose to hide something in the car's history from you, such as a title from theft. Get the real VIN and verify it before making an offer.

Submit the car to a body shop inspection along with the usual mechanical inspection. Remember that AP1 S2000s have total loss VTEC so it's possible that if the car has been driven hard and poorly maintained it has run dry on oil.

edit: Car was up for sale before for $12k with the same ad text. Google has the old craigslist ad in their listing but doesn't seem to have a cache.
http://fyiauto.com/cars-sale/cars-for-sale.asp?year=2000&make=HONDA&model=S2000&city=BEAVERTON&zip=97005&vid=36058188

edit: Other pictures look OK. Parking lot damage in the left rear bumper, obviously, but that seems minor. Less concerned about the front left fender if they're upright enough to take a shot of that.

Ouch, good catch. I was wondering the same thing on the VIN but hadn't searched the ad yet. I'm guessing this isn't worth 4 hours of my time tomorrow. Thanks for the find.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

http://tuscarawas.craigslist.org/cto/4101089729.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Wow, that's cheap these days. The V8 Pintos seems to go for closer to $5k.

And speaking of Pintos/Vegas/Pacers. I seriously can't find one with the original four cylinder anywhere for a reasonable price. They're like the Fieros of the 70's, all converted to be something else.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Sir Tonk posted:

And speaking of Pintos/Vegas/Pacers. I seriously can't find one with the original four cylinder anywhere for a reasonable price. They're like the Fieros of the 70's, all converted to be something else.

Buy a Volvo 240 and pretend they're the same! :v:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

What's up NE Ohio goon? Here's some more "gold" from the area:

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/4099848537.html

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4110483193.html

Oh no... don't make this your final offer of your lovely body kitted escalade.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

So it IS possible to make an escalade more ugly. I'm impressed.