Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Is it just me or did Saitama go up in rank for the last chapter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

I desperately want to know why dog suit man is S-class.

He's Scruff McGruff's estranged cousin on his mother's side of the family. He doesn't take a bite out of crime so much as he rips its head off.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

Is it just me or did Saitama go up in rank for the last chapter?

He got put in last place in rank B last chapter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah, just noticed that now all the characters in the OP's picture have been introduced.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Speaking of which, I didn't notice before now, but Licenceless Rider's in that picture too. :allears:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dragonatrix posted:

Speaking of which, I didn't notice before now, but Licenceless Rider's in that picture too. :allears:

Although Licenseless Rider may not possess the raw strength and power of the S-Class heroes, his great heart and heroic spirit makes him their equal in every way that matters.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Kramjacks posted:

He got put in last place in rank B last chapter.

Yeah, but he was 101st in B before, wasn't he? Now he's jumped to 63rd.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I'm sad that Tank Top Master doesn't look like Yusuke Urameshi anymore.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Oh, I see what you mean. Maybe that's to indicate that some time has past since then?

Kramjacks fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 4, 2013

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Maybe 38 different B heroes pulled the same trick as the A Class dude who tried to jump Saitama right after the hero exam.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Gyges posted:

Maybe 38 different B heroes pulled the same trick as the A Class dude who tried to jump Saitama right after the hero exam.

Or rank B heroes die... a lot.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Saitama punches a ton of monsters, he just hardly bothers to report them, maybe his backlog is catching up?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Condiv posted:

I think tornado's offmodel looks exactly like she looks in the original version, which is pretty great because maybe we'll get this

One chapter will be just that as one long vertical spread. :v:

That's probably my favorite panel from the original version.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Just read the newest chapter and man.

The punch line to the long list of hero introductions was loving amazing.
(edit: No, i don't mean Saitama's line...)

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 4, 2013

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Outstanding chapter.

Tatsumaki and King. :allears:

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I love how that entire loving chapter was a set up for that last panel.

BoastfulVirus
Jun 13, 2013

I cant get over the fact how marvelous Huff Puff Prisoner is.

This is still my favourite panel.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Um "atomic" samurai, you should really brush up on your science dude. Bohr's model has been obsolete for years.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Zorak shamed me into catching up with this. :v: Licenseless Rider is an awesome guy and I hope he sticks around.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

PFlats posted:

Um "atomic" samurai, you should really brush up on your science dude. Bohr's model has been obsolete for years.

The concept of cool is never obsolete.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

PFlats posted:

Any other sage advice? Maybe that being a samurai and fighting with swords has been obsolete for years?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
It's so cool to finally see these characters the Murata way.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PFlats posted:

In OPM's world, the Bohr model is actually accurate. Shows what you know.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

HenryEx posted:

Just read the newest chapter and man.

The punch line to the long list of hero introductions was loving amazing.
(edit: No, i don't mean Saitama's line...)

What are you talking about then?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sri.Theo posted:

What are you talking about then?

I think he means how everyone is listed in order of power... including Saitama, the B rank hero at the very end.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

AnonSpore posted:

I think he means how everyone is listed in order of power... including Saitama, the B rank hero at the very end.

They're not ranked in terms of power, they're ranked in terms of hero rating--in other words, marketability. The rad old martial artists and the kids are waaaaay high in the ranks, while the crazed multiple rapist is ranked at the bottom of the S class heroes.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mystic Mongol posted:

They're not ranked in terms of power, they're ranked in terms of hero rating--in other words, marketability. The rad old martial artists and the kids are waaaaay high in the ranks, while the crazed multiple rapist is ranked at the bottom of the S class heroes.

It's a visual gag. From S rank 17 all the way up to S rank 1... and then Saitama. It's putting him above them all.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mystic Mongol posted:

Yeah, there's really nothing to support that. At the very least, Genos would rank higher than the loving Pig God.

Even if they're not ranked in power (more like ranked in displayed power / apprehension prowess), they're clearly listed in order of ascending power for the sake of a joke.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
What are the rules for discussion of the original webcomic? Is it allowed? Should it be properly spoilered as such?

Because as the original webcomic goes on we learn more about the other S-rankers which provides more details for what you guys are currently discussing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Rules for discussion of the original webcomic are that they go in the, you know, original webcomic thread.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

AnonSpore posted:

Rules for discussion of the original webcomic are that they go in the, you know, original webcomic thread.

Sorry, I didn't know it existed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Sorry, the snark was unnecessary. On the other hand that thread is linked in the OP, though. Maybe I should make it more visible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Rank DOES usually indicate power/fighting ability. The reason Genos and Saitama don't fit into that is because they're still new and haven't risen up the ranks yet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Getting into why that set up is appropriate would be spoilers, glorious spoilers.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

HenryEx posted:

Yeah, there's really nothing to support that. At the very least, Genos would rank higher than the loving Pig God.

Even if they're not ranked in power (more like ranked in displayed power / apprehension prowess), they're clearly listed in order of ascending power for the sake of a joke.

Please don't insult the world's greatest hero, the Legendary Pig God.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I'm not entirely sure this is correct but Pig God's name might be based on Monkey King's companion from Journey To The West.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Nah, he's just a guy who's really, really good at being a fatass.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HenryEx posted:

Notice Saitama is sitting at the head of the table, which is probably why Chibi-Tornado looks so pissed off.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

Notice Saitama is sitting at the head of the table, which is probably why Chibi-Tornado looks so pissed off.

Everything pisses Tatsumaki off. everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

international owl day posted:

Everything pisses Tatsumaki off. everything.

There is one man who does not piss her off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)