Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I've always been amazed at how a swarm acts like a viscous liquid. We've had a few land at our place over the years and it's so fascinating to watch the apiarists move them about like big sticky globs.

Tonight I learned there's a synonym for Beekeeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

folkrace?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Have some bees:

:3 Bees are cool and honeybees really won't sting you unless it's in self defence. They're also cute as hell with their adorably fuzzy bodies. Wasps on the other hand are viscious cunts who you should burn and murder without any remorse. I may be slightly biased because I used to keep bees but eh.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dagingert Jim-Bob, that ain't how you overtake a car! You go around it, mah gawd.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

Just the good ol' boys
Never meanin' no harm

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande
Fast Furious 6

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ruttivendolo posted:

Fast Furious 6

Going by this fight and the bridge scene, I think the crew learned the secret of flight after 5.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
When the gently caress did Diesel and the Rock get so big. I mean they were always burly dudes, but jesus.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

poptart_fairy posted:

When the gently caress did Diesel and the Rock get so big. I mean they were always burly dudes, but jesus.

It's the Stallone school of getting old.

Get massively buff while you're doing it.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

I watched Pain and Gain a few months ago and the Rock looks like some kind of muscle golem. Not all weird like those dudes in bodybuilding competitions or anything, just....huge.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
At the risk of blow you guys' minds, movie stars use steroids all the time

Edit:

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's the Stallone school of getting old.

Get massively buff while you're doing it.

Stallone was pretty open about using HGH.

LimburgLimbo has a new favorite as of 16:55 on Oct 6, 2013

Baytor
Oct 4, 2010

Well, never mind! Commando missions are much more fun than girls anyway!

muscles like this? posted:

Pfft, these modern "built" tanks. Back in the 40s we used only all natural organically grown tanks.

This reminds me of bit in the Killed By Death video where Lemmy rides a motorbike out of his motherfucking grave. :black101:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Centripetal Horse posted:

These are awesome, especially the first one, and I could watch classic Soul Train GIFs all day. Please post more.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

muscles like this? posted:

Pfft, these modern "built" tanks. Back in the 40s we used only all natural organically grown tanks.

When I visited the Baltics in the early 90s, lots of these tank shelters were still in the landscape. The Soviets stored them in there and covered them to keep them out spy plane/satellite photos.

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe
I'm a star wars gif machine

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I don't usually find these things that funny, but this one is just perfect :

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

clockwork automaton posted:

I'm a star wars gif machine

Fixed the last one for you.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

Fixed the last one for you.

*Text is subtitles.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

:catstare:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DrBouvenstein posted:

Have some bees:

They have no reserves or brood, hence nothing to defend and no reason to sting. Swarming bees are bees at their most friendly, and domestic honeybees are friendly anyway.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

How to disarm someone pointing an AK47 at you, WITH STYLE

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ohfuck!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Otacon posted:

That is awesome, is the 2nd kick knocking out the bullet thats in the chamber by hitting the lever thingy? I dont know my gun terms.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
:stonk:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Man I can't wait until bf4 comes out.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Otacon posted:

This is a neat trick, but that guy is kicking what seems to be an AK with a round chambered and with is buddies finger on the trigger, while it is pointed at his chest. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that it was just a casing and not a live round, because the alternative would make these guys Darwin award honorable mentions.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Cage posted:

That is awesome, is the 2nd kick knocking out the bullet thats in the chamber by hitting the lever thingy? I dont know my gun terms.

e;fb

Yeah, it would appear he's clearing the chamber with the second kick.

It's worth a try if you're about to be shot anyway, but I'd be worried that either of the kicks would cause the guy to tense up and squeeze off a round. And depending on the AK variant, if the armed person had the safety on, it might or might not actually allow the bolt to cycle back with the kick. :mil101:

Looks cool, though.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Nyyen posted:

This is a neat trick, but that guy is kicking what seems to be an AK with a round chambered and with is buddies finger on the trigger, while it is pointed at his chest. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that it was just a casing and not a live round, because the alternative would make these guys Darwin award honorable mentions.

I think you are underestimating the apparent foolhardy invincibility of Russians.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
http://i.imgur.com/I19erRp.gif

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

WWE Battleground PPV. Antonio Cesaro swinging a seven-foot guy. Thanks WrasslorMonkey!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

People near me discovered a fun place to kayak (Lions Bay, BC)

Full video with first person view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085A7Iv6xzA

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

leidend posted:

People near me discovered a fun place to kayak (Lions Bay, BC)

Full video with first person view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085A7Iv6xzA

I hope those kayaks are rentals :ohdear:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Watched Critters tonight. Made a few gifs.

Uncle Itchie
Sep 19, 2008

mcbexx posted:

Speaking of new trailers, the first scenes from the new Batman with Ben Affleck as the Caped Crusader have been leaked and from the first look it's going to be FABULOUS!

Not really spoilers, but better safe than sorry.

Can you link the source for this, but it is truly...FABULOUS

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Excellent! Wow, that green getup...

This is fantastic. I love the implication that pitchfork dude's planning process stopped at racking his buddy's nuts. It's almost as if he thought all of time and existence would end at that moment, and was totally surprised when gravity reversed the swing. Perhaps he expected to die in a spasm of self-satisfied ecstasy when the handle contacted the other guy's beanbag.

That looks obscenely fun.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Pick posted:

They have no reserves or brood, hence nothing to defend and no reason to sting. Swarming bees are bees at their most friendly, and domestic honeybees are friendly anyway.

I was expecting a bunch of people freaking out about bees, but instead I see a group of people all discussing bees calmly and letting people know the difference between bees and wasps. This is awesome - nice job everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Bees have been getting some good press lately. Everyone's worried about bees and understanding how awesome bees are. Dump-bees (wasps) can all die though.

• Locked thread