Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Twiin posted:

I love this thread you guys.

Outside of like three people I know offline, this is pretty much it for people to talk to about industrial music, so I'm a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Subcon Radio is doing a thing right now.

http://www.subconradio.com/

Pretty sure it's Key doing some streaming with live DJ stuff interspersed.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I've been thinking about christian music for some reason. There's christian rock and christian rap but is there christian industrial?

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Overbite posted:

I've been thinking about christian music for some reason. There's christian rock and christian rap but is there christian industrial?

Blackhouse.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Overbite posted:

There was a band called Mortal back in the 90s with a whole Christian guitar industrial thing going on.

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

Overbite posted:

VNV Nation has always been very spiritually uplifting to me, but I don't think they classify themselves as Christian.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Ms. Happiness posted:

VNV Nation has always been very spiritually uplifting to me, but I don't think they classify themselves as Christian.

There's an interview with Ronan online someplace where he addresses this and says something like "yeah we get that a lot, but we're not religious." You really could mistake them for a Christian band on a few of their tracks though.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Awesome Mexican witch house music I'm going to go see right now:

https://soundcloud.com/rrritualzzz/sets/outworld-music-ii

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Overbite posted:

There's christian everything. In the late 90's there was some kind of christian death/black metal movement. I bagged groceries with a guy who was in a christian death metal band... his favorite band was Cradle of Filth, had shoulder length dyed black hair... it was confusing.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

Ms. Happiness posted:

VNV Nation has always been very spiritually uplifting to me

Konstruct posted:

That album was so good I couldn't stop listening to it for months.

Twiin posted:

I love this thread you guys.

You know for a bunch of robot-goth-serial-killers, you guys sure are nice.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

gently caress YOU I'LL BUY YOU A loving DRINK NEXT TIME YOU GOD DAMNED rear end in a top hat

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Overbite posted:

Circle Of Dust.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Given how overwhelmingly approving of Christianity industrial music has been as a whole I'm surprised there's not more oh god I can't even type it with a straight face.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Omi-Polari posted:

Awesome Mexican witch house music I'm going to go see right now:

https://soundcloud.com/rrritualzzz/sets/outworld-music-ii

Supported by Rabia Sorda on a bunch of the tour dates too EXCEPT THE ONE NEAR ME, gently caress!

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

The Cleaner posted:

You know for a bunch of robot-goth-serial-killers, you guys sure are nice.

I love you too! *group hug*

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ms. Happiness posted:

I love you too! *group hug*

Pretty sure that'd be called a "black hole", though

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Pretty sure that'd be called a "black hole", though

With bits of white Front 242, Skinny Puppy, and Ministry logos showing through.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Supported by Rabia Sorda on a bunch of the tour dates too EXCEPT THE ONE NEAR ME, gently caress!
It was a cool show. Not super exciting, but it had a great sound to kick back and drink beer to.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

spider_ross.avi posted:

Circle Of Dust.

KLANK

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
So I saw Velvet Acid Christ last night. I thought with all the serious-rear end music and the corpse paint that he'd be all serious business, but he wasn't at all. The light show was pretty impressive for a 12 dollar ticket.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

SacrificialGoat posted:

So I saw Velvet Acid Christ last night. I thought with all the serious-rear end music and the corpse paint that he'd be all serious business, but he wasn't at all. The light show was pretty impressive for a 12 dollar ticket.

Yeah, when he came out looking like some kind of juggalo Giorgio Moroder I got a little worried, but he actually seemed like a pretty cool guy (the response he got for talking about the Denver Broncos was hilarious). My experience has been that most of these guys just come out and play songs, maybe yell some angry stuff, and rarely introduce the band, so it was a refreshing surprise to see someone who knows how to work a crowd. I didn't even mind that he kept having to gently caress with the equipment, because every time he had to stall for time he'd usually say something hilarious.

I got a little sick of the Asylum 13 promoter not shutting his trap, though. I went to one of their events in Wilmington, and I don't really think I'll go back (though, in their defense, $5 for a PBR tallboy and a shot of Jameson got me pretty hammered).

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
That's weird I've been listening to a lot of old VAC recently. One of those artists that got me into the genre, don't half appreciate it when he's not whining. I actually think I'd love to see him live, nice to hear that it's a good show if I ever get the opportunity!

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

As well, the liner notes by Adam Mole are wonderful ... unfortunately it's marked as part six of six ... I think I have the Box Frenzy remaster, but now kind of want to grab the rest...

The liner notes are some of the best parts of the reissues. Some great stories in there. I wish Adam would write a book about the PWEI days, if it would be anything like his notes it would be a must-buy.

I also picked up the Dos Dedos remaster today. ALOTOCB is interesting, 100% Is **it has been one of my favourite PWEI songs so it's nice to have a proper recording of that, and Talent plus Attitude equals Dollars is the kind of song only they could pull off and not have it sound cheesy.

Also it's nice to know that even with lyrics Zero Return is still the worst song they've ever done.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I don't know all the song names yet, but it's grown on me significantly with each listen. T+A=$$$ is enjoyable for sure though.

----

Dependence 2013 is on Rdio at today, finally. Waaaaaay down on the new releases section. I think they filter toward the top the more people listen to them.

1. Ghost & Writer - Never Take Fire (Secret Mix)
2. Covenant - Four Our Time (Demo Version)
3. Pride And Fall - Hollow (SITD Remix)
4. Acretongue - These Soft Machines (haujobb Remix)
5. Front Line Assembly - Ghost (Alternative Version)
6. Seabound - Nothing But Love (RMX)
7. Decoded Feedback - Blasphemy
8. Fractured - 10 Years
9. MESH - Perfect idea Of Beauty
10. Chrysalide - 2010 (Sonic Area Mix)
11. Clicks - On Speed
12. Encephalon - Desertropolis
13. KMFDM - I (heart) not
14. Skinny Puppy - Deadlines (Bratislava)
15. Veil Veil Vanish - Exile City
16. Velvet Acid Christ - Inhale Blood

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Argyle Park

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

That live version of "Deadlines" is brilliant.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

That one even had some "cred" with Thirwell on a track.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Boy that Veil Veil Vanish track at the end of Dependence 2013 is quite the change of pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZHVw9520dQ

Sounds like Robert Smith with your fashionable jangley indie-pop.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
Hahaha right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSL0V6sZxYA

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

hatelull posted:

That one even had some "cred" with Thirwell on a track.

I'll defend that Argyle Park record - it was great. I also got like $75 for a 2nd copy of the cd I had kicking around.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

This is the best day because :siren:ALL-NEW LAIBACH MATERIAL OUTTA NOWHERE!:siren:

Apparently there's a new album, Spectre, coming out in February, and a four-track EP, S, should be available right now for download on the the official site, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like they expected so many people to jump on the material so the site's currently totally overloaded. Luckily the EP is available on Spotify as well.

This is... some really cool and pretty weird poo poo! The instrumentation is definitely very Laibachian, and Milan Fras is at his Milan Frasiest, but there's something about these tracks that make them sound really different from what I expected based on the Love on the Beat, Ballad of a Thin Man and Warm Leatherette covers, although elements of those tracks are still in.

I guess I should finally learn that Laibach will always surprise me, no matter how long I've listened to them and how well I think I know them.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 14, 2013

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

^ :psypop:

Never been bothered to get Spotify working on Wine so I sure hope that website starts working soon.. Oh my gosh...

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

There's a little bit more information on MUTE's site.

MUTE posted:

With SPECTRE, Laibach has created a big, important and almost dangerous step forward; it seems that this time the band has fatally crossed the Rubicon. On this album the group – which has never defined itself politically, but has, nevertheless, constantly analysed politics through its work – comes across as politically engaged as never before. SPECTRE sounds like a political manifesto manifest in poetic form, titles and lyrics couldn’t be more direct. With these lyrics and songs, Laibach, who has always given a controversial impression – or an impression of controversy – especially in terms of its political orientation, is now very clearly taking a position on the political spectrum and probably irreversibly abolishing its own (to some extent quite comfortable) political ‘freedom’ and neutrality.

:stonk: i'm actually terrified by this and I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

There's a little bit more information on MUTE's site.

:stonk: i'm actually terrified by this and I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way

Maybe it's going to turn out to be a double bluff and they're actually not declaring any personal political views. It is Laibach.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
The day Laibach lose any subtlety will be the End Of Days.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

So y'all been listening to that Laibach EP, right? Because I've had it on repeat all day. Resistance Is Futile, despite the silly name, is an absolute monster of a track. It's unreal. So yeah get on those before they disappear.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Oh poo poo new Laibach. Hope they hit the road too since I've yet to see them.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
The link on the site takes you to iTunes. I didn't have to pre-order anything, just a straight download of the EP.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Baby Sathanas posted:

So y'all been listening to that Laibach EP, right? Because I've had it on repeat all day. Resistance Is Futile, despite the silly name, is an absolute monster of a track. It's unreal. So yeah get on those before they disappear.

I actually thought Resistance Is Futile was the most "typical" Laibach song (especially the latter half) and wasn't THAT excited about it, even though it's a great track. No History is more to my liking. Also Eurovision's "Europe is falling apart" gives me the chills every single time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Got the new VNV album and it's pretty good. After a first listen, it's not as good as Automatic, but I like it a lot more than Matter+Form, Judgement or Of Faith, Power & Glory.