Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gavok posted:

Who's LividLiquid? I don't get it.

Who'd he ever beat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

NienNunb posted:

It was him under that mask the entire drat time, and we had no clue.

Aw son of a bitch.
Cena's a ginger now?! Is there nothing MegaCena won't appropriate from other wrestlers after he's beaten them?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

I Before E posted:

Who'd he ever beat?

How much does this guy weigh?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LividLiquid posted:

I know they're the same guy, but that answers nothing, since I've never seen the guy's mask and don't know anything about him aside from the fact that indie followers seem to like him.

Hey man, you should check him out - it's not hyperbole to say he's one of the most talented (and apparently genuinely lovely) guys in wrestling. Guy just seems to get it, I can't think of a single match of his I've seen where I didn't enjoy his performance, even if the rest of the match around him stunk up the place.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Here is all you need to know about El Generico

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

bobkatt013 posted:

He died in an unconvenient ladder incident ?

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
If ROH were like a comic book universe, than technically yes. Although I don't remember if this was his last Generico match or the PWG one.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WeX Majors posted:

If ROH were like a comic book universe, than technically yes. Although I don't remember if this was his last Generico match or the PWG one.

DDT4 was his last indie show IIRC

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

DDT4 was his last indie show IIRC
His last major indie show, but he actually wrestled a show for BATTLEWAR in his hometown and a couple shows in Calgary for some Hart associated fed after that before going to NXT.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
well that picture proves El Generico went back to the orphans in Mexico and that Sami Zayn was a friend of his, because you can clearly see Sami Zayn there in the front row having watched El Generico's last match.

olé.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Zanael posted:

He died in an unconvenient ladder incident ?

He went back to Mexico to care for The Orphans. This is what happens when you don't refresh.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Karmine posted:

e: nevermind. Liquid should learn how to use google but that's all I'm gonna say.
How would you have googled a wrestler whose name you don't know using only a picture of his mask? I'm being serious here. Is there a way to do that?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

LividLiquid posted:

How would you have googled a wrestler whose name you don't know using only a picture of his mask? I'm being serious here. Is there a way to do that?

https://support.google.com/images/answer/1325808?hl=en

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

LividLiquid posted:

Actually yeah there is. Doesn't work all the time, but it does in this instance. It's built into Chrome when you right click an image.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

El Generico was NXT's Sami Zayn under a mask in the indies for years and has a devout following. He got signed to WWE, not under the mask. NXT has also had Ricardo Rodriguez wrestle under a mask as El Local. Sami's been on a roll, but NXT champion Bo Dallas refuses to fight him. So this past week he showed up on NXT under a mask and fought him as El Local, but it's clearly a nod to El Generico. Cena apparently snapped a photo and put it up on Instagram for those in the know.

Also, watch NXT. It's good.

Cena didn't snap that photo it's an old promotional image

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Holy crap! That's awesome! Thank you!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jack Krauser posted:

Actually yeah there is. Doesn't work all the time, but it does in this instance. It's built into Chrome when you right click an image.

oh poo poo I didn't realize that was a thing in Chrome now. Goddamn.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

This is like posting a picture of New Jack hitting somebody with a trashcan and saying its all you need to know about ECW. El Generico is so, so, so, so much more than a guy who does crazy hardcore spots (as is Kevin Steen) - he's a tremendous professional wrestler with a great sense of timing, ability to connect to the audience, excellent pacing and a sense of when to apply the brakes and when to hit the gas and go at full speed.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Teddy Hart's cat is a good manager

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Not knowing who El Generico is while posting on PSP for like 10 years is loving impressive in it's own right. I mean I watch gently caress all New Japan and I know my Tanahashi's from my Okada's.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Just to clarify: I'm not, like, proud of not following the indies. I just don't. In some cases, the production values make them unwatchable for me. As for Puro, I'd consider getting into it if there were a show I could watch on US television with an English-speaking announcer, but for now it's not only inaccessible, it's also a lot of work.

I only have so much leisure time, and tracking down promotions I might not like and figuring out how to watch their show isn't something I'm really interested in doing is all.

And I knew who Generico was. I'd just never seen him.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

LividLiquid posted:

Well, the part where I told you his name was intended to be helpful but I guess you managed to find a way around that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Just to clarify: I'm not, like, proud of not following the indies. I just don't. In some cases, the production values make them unwatchable for me. As for Puro, I'd consider getting into it if there were a show I could watch on US television with an English-speaking announcer, but for now it's not only inaccessible, it's also a lot of work.

I only have so much leisure time, and tracking down promotions I might not like and figuring out how to watch their show isn't something I'm really interested in doing is all.

And I knew who Generico was. I'd just never seen him.

Check out NXT if you get a chance. It's not an indy but it's somewhat separate from the rest of the WWE "universe", has a really fun crowd, lots of neat wrestlers, and you can see Generico in action under the name Sami Zayn. I need to watch it more myself, I just tend to forget to because it isn't on television and nobody watches it together, everybody just watches it in their own time and so you don't get the fun feel of a gameday thread.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Check out NXT if you get a chance. It's not an indy but it's somewhat separate from the rest of the WWE "universe", has a really fun crowd, lots of neat wrestlers, and you can see Generico in action under the name Sami Zayn. I need to watch it more myself, I just tend to forget to because it isn't on television and nobody watches it together, everybody just watches it in their own time and so you don't get the fun feel of a gameday thread.

It's also now the most easily legally accessible WWE show if you live in the US since it's available on regular Hulu now for free.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sadly, I don't have Hulu. I really liked the one episode I was able to watch, though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

LividLiquid posted:

Sadly, I don't have Hulu. I really liked the one episode I was able to watch, though.

I thought you lived in the US? If so, you have access to regular Hulu for free. I don't pay for Plus either.

Here's a link to the latest episode.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/540518#i0,p170,d0

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Badass. Thanks. I always forget that Hulu still has a free component.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

LividLiquid posted:

Badass. Thanks. I always forget that Hulu still has a free component.

Yeah the NXT is a solid show that feels a bit more polished than a typical indie show. I discovered I get ROH last week, though, which blew my mind.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah, Sinclair bought KOMO 4 here in Seattle, but at 1am on Saturday I'm usually out doing poo poo.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Thauros posted:

I thought you lived in the US? If so, you have access to regular Hulu for free. I don't pay for Plus either.

Here's a link to the latest episode.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/540518#i0,p170,d0

I think I'm going to like this. The one dude in the FIRST match slipped and almost fell on his face while trying to say hello to the crowd. :v:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
All this talk of people not seeing much NXT and not seeing any El Generico means here's a helpful link! yay:

Sami Zayn -v- Jack Swagger (NXT 4th September 2013)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14897j_wwe-nxt-9-4-13-full-show-hq_sport&start=2264

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Is this finally the return of a motivated Bob Sapp?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Glorious :allears:

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Bruno measuring his arm, smiling because he now knows he can break him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If Los Matadores were to disappear before the next TV show then it was all worth it for that picture.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

LividLiquid posted:

Just to clarify: I'm not, like, proud of not following the indies. I just don't.

what about TNA?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Deadpool posted:

If Los Matadores were to disappear before the next TV show then it was all worth it for that picture.

Someone said it in one of the GDTs, but I think El Torito is going to outlast Los Matadores.

Sammartino looks like he could still get back in the ring and wreck some fools at the drop of a hat.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Someone please tell me that Jon Judy is a an alternate pen name for Vince Russo. I just found this on a site and I have to believe it was written by Russo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Deadpool posted:

Someone please tell me that Jon Judy is a an alternate pen name for Vince Russo. I just found this on a site and I have to believe it was written by Russo.

This time, it's a shoot.