Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Beta patches are up!

I can tell you from the thread that the new masters will result in ELFX overwriting some fixes from the patches; I dunno how many other things will have the same problem.

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/files/file/585-unofficial-skyrim-patch-beta/

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/files/file/570-unofficial-dawnguard-patch-beta/

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/files/file/628-unofficial-hearthfire-patch-beta/

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/files/file/575-unofficial-dragonborn-patch-beta/

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Excellent. I get off of work in about 3 hours so I'll have the OP updated then.

Anyone else who's using the beta patches please provide trip reports so we can get a feel on how the transition went.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Excellent. I get off of work in about 3 hours so I'll have the OP updated then.

Anyone else who's using the beta patches please provide trip reports so we can get a feel on how the transition went.

Well the game starts with no problems, that's all I've got so far.

I did notice I can't seem to get TES5Edit to load them in their new order. Even with new user rules set in BOSS or locking their placement in MO, it seems .esps are hard-coded to load after .esms.

futile
May 18, 2009
You need to update TES5EDIT for the ESPs to load where the ESMs are at.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah you have to update TESVEdit to be able to move them properly.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
More SPERG questions. The description mentions "Alternate skills gains", are there any others, other than from random quests? And are those random, or are they specific to each quest? Also, each magic skill has a perk that says "New spell tomes may be found on appropriate merchants." what does that even mean?

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Viperix posted:

More SPERG questions. The description mentions "Alternate skills gains", are there any others, other than from random quests? And are those random, or are they specific to each quest? Also, each magic skill has a perk that says "New spell tomes may be found on appropriate merchants." what does that even mean?

Food can either giving you permanent bonuses to max Health/Magicka/Stamina, or raise Alchemy depending on your configuration. there's also the Armor skills leveling by running in them. I'm sure there's more that I'm not thinking of.

The spell tomes thing actually goes back to vanilla behavior. In the vanilla game, some spells, especially higher level ones, require that the player have a certain amount of skill before shops will carry them or they can be found in dungeons. These skill requirements just happen to coincide with the auto-perks.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Food can either giving you permanent bonuses to max Health/Magicka/Stamina

About that, is there a message or anything telling you when a stat is increased?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jabarto posted:

About that, is there a message or anything telling you when a stat is increased?

If you get a permanent stat gain, you'll get a message on your top right that says "You gained X [Health, Magicka, Stamina]"

E: OP has been updated with links to 2.0 betas for all of the unofficial patches.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 6, 2013

khy
Aug 15, 2005

The crash turned out to be something else. Updated one mod which relied on a second, never updated the second mod so there was wacky poo poo going on.

BUT!

I've encountered a new problem.

I'm running SPERG. I'm playing a new mage character. New mage character is wearing only cloth. New mage character is on her way to Winterhold to join the college and get some magical poo poo for free. I plan to switch back and forth between a 3rd party light armor set and cloth armor, and I don't really like the 'armor levels up as you run' option so I set that to 0 to disable it.

I run across some vampires, and one of them happens to have enchanted light armor I want to use in the interrim. I equip it, and suddenly my light armor is levelling up instantly. I think somehow setting the armor experience gain to 0 didn't DISABLE it like it should have, instead it somehow caused me to gain infinite amounts of light armor experience by granting me more experience every 0 seconds.

Does Seorin hang around this thread? I'd like to see if it's something he's seen yet.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Seorin drops in occasionally (paging Seorin!).

Anyway, big thing with the USKP Patch Betas. BOSS will NOT work properly with them. Just warning you all.

futile
May 18, 2009
What's the BOSS problem? It's been working fine for me (may have been fixed).

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
My character seems to have this purple smoke coming out of her.

Any ideas how to get rid of it? I'm sure it's just some buggy spell effect that got stuck on her, but I've no idea which spell that could be.

Edit: I managed to fix it, thanks to this thread.

Of all things, the spell I had to remove was "Dragon priest abilities". :psyduck:

Smol fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 6, 2013

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Oh god, this looks awesome. Too bad it's written by "I'm so witty indulge my stupid writing" Apollodown. He spends more time bitching at the people who think his writing style is loving stupid than he actually does explaining the mod.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/43241//

I don't care who it's written by, this looks amazing and I'm trying it so I can finally build ice walls and poo poo everywhere.

[fake edit]: Well, that's a lot more mediocre than I thought. Half of the time, spells don't seem to cause their particular effects at all. Maybe it's because I'm running SPERG, which modifies a lot of spells, but the frost projectile spells don't stick around at all while a lot of fire spells don't cause nearly as much fire as you'd expect them to. You'd also think Fireballs would set more on fire than just a tiny spot in the middle (and Firestorm anything at all,) which is a bit disappointing.

Fire still spreads and the ice blocks that do stick around act as an obstacle to NPCs, so it's at least functional. I also set most of Solitude on fire and froze a few NPCs solid in ice blocks without noticeable slowdown or crashing, so it seems fairly stable, if nothing else.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
So, I really like Bandolier. I like both the functionality and the look of all the items. The thing is that my character is a mage, and the wearable vials are all red and green. I'd like to have blue vials to represent magicka potions. I've requested this on the mod's page, but haven't gotten a response. How hard would it be for me, as someone with no skills at modeling or texturing, to make the vials blue myself? A simple recolor doesn't seem too hard in theory, but I could very well be wrong.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Praetorian Mage posted:

So, I really like Bandolier. I like both the functionality and the look of all the items. The thing is that my character is a mage, and the wearable vials are all red and green. I'd like to have blue vials to represent magicka potions. I've requested this on the mod's page, but haven't gotten a response. How hard would it be for me, as someone with no skills at modeling or texturing, to make the vials blue myself? A simple recolor doesn't seem too hard in theory, but I could very well be wrong.

If you have Photoshop, it is as easy as downloading NVidia's DDS plugins, otherwise there are converter programs available. Nexus should have some tutorials on what to do, but it's basically just open, edit, save as DXT5. Remember to make backups.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 6, 2013

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

In my attempts to fix Morrowloot's issue with Draugr Deathlords still having Ebony-class weapons, I decided to rework the Revered and Legendary Dragon leveled loot as well. Would anyone be interested in a mod that removes Daedric items from both of those dragons?

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
I figured out how to do my recolor. Turns out it was just as simple as I had assumed, I just needed to know how to do some basic stuff in Gimp.

Anyway, I'm looking at the EZ2C dialogue menu now. Does it have a setting to make the dialogue menu disappear completely when the NPC is talking? The best I seem to be able to do is make the response I've chosen disappear, but the menu itself is still there.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

khy posted:

Does Seorin hang around this thread? I'd like to see if it's something he's seen yet.

It got reported on the Nexus once, so it's on my list of things to look into. It sounds like it's probably a pretty simple bug to fix.

Cardiovorax posted:

Maybe it's because I'm running SPERG, which modifies a lot of spells, but the frost projectile spells don't stick around at all while a lot of fire spells don't cause nearly as much fire as you'd expect them to.

SPERG doesn't modify most spells, actually. The ones that are modified can be turned off in the options.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Is there a mod that totally redoes the leveling/class/stat system to work more like a traditional CRPG with a shitload of stats and skill points you can :spergin: over, skill points being awarded at level up, and EXP being used for character levels and being awarded every time you kill enemies, complete quests, craft, etc.?

I'm going to vouch for SkyRealism - Shiny Imperial Armor as one of the best armor mods I've seen. The newly minted, finely made imperial armors in this mod really make the Imperial troops look like authority figures and not a bunch of rabble.

Also if you want your male character to look like he's bathed sometime in the last six years (the real-life Nordic peoples were well known for their excellent grooming by medieval standards) and doesn't have some sort of horrible skin disease, and don't mind having to go through a mod page with some seriously :nws: screenshots, the non-nude version of Better Males will make him look a whole lot better. Get the version with the undergarments because it's the most compatible mesh and it doesn't have a humongous plastic rigid :dong: to give you nightmares for the rest of your life if you strip an enemy corpse. There's a variety of face skins and body skins with different levels of age, ruggedness, hair, etc. all the way from waxed pretty boy to ludicrously masculine. There's an optional hair pack but few of them are worth using.

And last but not least, Extended Character Edit massively improves character customization with a metric shitton of sliders for just about every single feature, gives you more flexibility in coloring and tinting the face, has lighting and zoom options, lets you save presets for future use (in case you want to use the same character for a new playthrough or something), and even lets you adjust the proportions a little, but beware:

quote:

NeckDown and WaistScale sliders require custom skeleton which is included in this mod.
Please select the option in installer.
BreastScale slider requires BBP meshes and skeleton.
ButtScale slider requires TBBP meshes and skeleton.
Those are pretty much the most useless sliders anyway. Don't use them. The "Young Nord" race is completely useless too, it looks horrible and the "prettier" Better Males face options and using the extra sliders in this mod to soften the features will accomplish much the same effect without your character looking like a creepy rubber-skinned android. Get it for the facial sliders, they're amazing.

And my character has all of these mods in action.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I think you were looking for the "Horrible game mods" thread.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

If you do what I said then you don't get any of the "sexy" components at all and you get about ten times as much choice in character customization as vanilla. So I don't see what's the problem really.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Woolie Wool posted:

Is this the same mod that adds conditioner and hair salons to all the major holds?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Gyshall posted:

Is this the same mod that adds conditioner and hair salons to all the major holds?

Shut up about conditioner, that cant exist

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Gyshall posted:

:ssh: Conditioner has been around in various forms for thousands of years. All you need is the right kinds of oils. Contrary to popular belief, medieval and ancient people were not all grimy, ragged, filth-encrusted, bepoxed, hunchbacked ghouls, especially if they were well-off enough to own a sword or armor.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 8, 2013

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Woolie Wool posted:

And last but not least, Extended Character Edit massively improves character customization with a metric shitton of sliders for just about every single feature, gives you more flexibility in coloring and tinting the face, has lighting and zoom options, lets you save presets for future use (in case you want to use the same character for a new playthrough or something), and even lets you adjust the proportions a little, but beware:

Those are pretty much the most useless sliders anyway. Don't use them. The "Young Nord" race is completely useless too, it looks horrible and the "prettier" Better Males face options and using the extra sliders in this mod to soften the features will accomplish much the same effect without your character looking like a creepy rubber-skinned android. Get it for the facial sliders, they're amazing.

I showed a little of Extended Character Edit's alternative; Race Menu in my testpost for the sandcastle thread. I made this gorgeous beast:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Does it have a soul? If I use my Soul Trap blade on it, will the sword break?

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

If I was in the skyrim world and saw that thing show up, I would run away screaming

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Woolie Wool posted:

Does it have a soul? If I use my Soul Trap blade on it, will the sword break?

I don't think it's possible to capture such majesty.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

:words: Also if you want your male character to look like he's bathed sometime in the last six years (the real-life Nordic peoples were well known for their excellent grooming by medieval standards) :words:

Ahmad ibn-Fadlan posted:

They cannot, of course, avoid washing their faces and their heads each day, which they do with the filthiest and most polluted water imaginable. I shall explain. Every day the slave-girl
arrives in the morning with a large basin containing water, which she hands
to her owner. He washes his hands and his face and his hair in the water,
then he dips his comb in the water and brushes his hair, blows his nose and
spits in the basin. There is no filthy impurity which he will not do in this
water. When he no longer requires it, the slave-girl takes the basin to the
man beside him and he goes through the same routine as his friend. She con-
tinues to carry it from one man to the next until she has gone round everyone
in the house, with each of them blowing his nose and spitting, washing his
face and hair in the basin

Ahmad ibn-Fadlan posted:

They are the filthiest of all Allah’s creatures: they do not clean themselves
after excreting or urinating or wash themselves when in a state of ritual im-
purity (i.e., after coitus) and do not <even> wash their hands after food Indeed they are like asses that roam <in the fields>.
:airquote:excellent grooming:airquote:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gaius Marius posted:

Yeah but what does Allah have to say about the grooming habits of woodelves? Huh?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

There's a wizard in the game who can change your face in a whim.

Magic shampoo is not that big of a stretch.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

seorin posted:

SPERG doesn't modify most spells, actually. The ones that are modified can be turned off in the options.
Huh, that's weird then. I haven't really installed anything else that could be loving with spell projectiles. A bunch of stuff like Apocalypse, but those aren't supposed to do anything about spells that already exist. I'll try fiddling around with the SPERG options and report back.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

There are other sources, including another Muslim, ibn Fadlan, who differ.

And enough of this, I'm still looking for some really deep, stat-heavy traditional CRPG level/experience mod for Skyrim. Anyone know of one?

futile
May 18, 2009
Here's an incredible new mod: Audio Overhaul for Skyrim. I wish I knew enough about audio to give a more detailed explanation, but that's what the mod page is for. Only played with this for one night now. The difference is astounding. Everything sounds so much better, and it fixes some of the horrible vanilla stuff like footsteps too.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
Does anyone have an old copy of SMIM 1.49 or 1.50 that they can share?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

calusari posted:

SMIM 1.50 is still on the SMIM page, under the Old Files section. If you need 1.49 let me know, I think I have it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

calusari posted:

If you need it for the texture pack combiner, trust me, you should download the TPC software; it kicks major rear end and has updated dozens of times since the last TPC based around a .bat file was, complete with support for all the SMIM versions incrementally to the latest!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

If you need it for the texture pack combiner, trust me, you should download the TPC software; it kicks major rear end and has updated dozens of times since the last TPC based around a .bat file was, complete with support for all the SMIM versions incrementally to the latest!

What software is this? Isn't the GUI version just based off the latest .bat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm picking up the game again and am trying out some mods. I already put in the SKSE.

How necessary are the unofficial patches for each DLC pack in the OP?

• Locked thread