Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I just wanted to post that I've been clean of cookie clicker for about a week. After a particularly rough bender of getting 100-200 of every item within a day and refreshing for even more heavenly chips, I could tell it was starting to take a toll house on my life and family and I closed that tab for the first time in what felt like an eternity. It felt weird at first to not have it running and even weirder to close my laptop at night or during work. If anyone else is trying to shake their addiction, I invite you to my 64-step recovery program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sindai posted:

I use cookie monster so it's possible to do other things without missing many golden cookies.

Yeah I do too. I just oftentimes get wrapped up doing other things and unlike what feels like most goons these days I only have one monitor. I'll get a second when I upgrade again but for now anything full screen means no cookies.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Khanstant posted:

I just wanted to post that I've been clean of cookie clicker for about a week. After a particularly rough bender of getting 100-200 of every item within a day and refreshing for even more heavenly chips, I could tell it was starting to take a toll house on my life and family and I closed that tab for the first time in what felt like an eternity. It felt weird at first to not have it running and even weirder to close my laptop at night or during work. If anyone else is trying to shake their addiction, I invite you to my 64-step recovery program.

You can never truly leave

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Antifreeze Head posted:

A man lies on his deathbed. His last few breaths are rattling through his lungs as his daughter rushes in with a laptop and a tray. The man is too weak to use the mouse, but the cursor was carefully positioned before they arrived. He reaches up to caress her face and mouth "thank you", and uses the last of his strength to gently tap the hard, tasteless cookie that she had found in the hospital cafeteria. The faint electrical signal that yet pulsed through his body was enough, and his intentions traveled up the wires to the small breadboard and on to the computer as he smiled and sight left his eyes.

*click*

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Did they change something because I can't get a cookiechain that gets me over 666,666,666 cookies to save my life, where a couple days ago I was getting 6 and 66 quadrillion fairly often.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Tornado Lazers posted:

Did they change something because I can't get a cookiechain that gets me over 666,666,666 cookies to save my life, where a couple days ago I was getting 6 and 66 quadrillion fairly often.

Probably just bad luck, but I've noticed this too. So many sad, sad cookie chains...

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I thought I read that the chain break chance went from 10% to 15% to 17% now. That makes long chains much more unlikely.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Antifreeze Head posted:

*trigger warning*

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I've had two 666,666,666,666,666 chains in the last 24 hours, but of course it's possible I just got really lucky there.

Eldercain posted:

A man lies on his deathbed. His last few breaths are rattling through his lungs as his daughter rushes in with a laptop and a tray. The man is too weak to use the mouse, but the cursor was carefully positioned before they arrived. He reaches up to caress her face and mouth "thank you", and uses the last of his strength to gently tap the hard, tasteless cookie that she had found in the hospital cafeteria. The faint electrical signal that yet pulsed through his body was enough, and his intentions traveled up the wires to the small breadboard and on to the computer as he smiled and sight left his eyes.

*click*

Sorry, first thing that came to mind. :shobon:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Everyone stop getting chains. I have yet to see a single one in my 500 or so golden cookies.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

I rarely get chains, and when I do, they break lower than my CpS.

I do however get Clicking Frenzies quite often, sometimes even boosted by regular frenzies (but more often I'll get them right as it runs out). I've also noticed I tend to get them when I'm in the middle of playing another game, forcing me to stop what I'm doing for 30 seconds.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

MMAgCh posted:

I've had two 666,666,666,666,666 chains in the last 24 hours, but of course it's possible I just got really lucky there.

Sorry, first thing that came to mind. :shobon:

Never apologize for achewood :colbert:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
This game has twisted my mind into wanting to make cookies in real life.

I made hilariously too many and gave a bunch away to friends/family. It begins.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Monkey Fracas posted:

I thought you were supposed to give the first batch to your dog or throw them away.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
So I've never reset. I have at least 100 of everything except condensers, of which I have 80. At first I was thinking of just holding out so I could get Centennial and It does matter! but it's sort of looking like getting to 100 condensers would take forever. I'd get 111 heavenly chips if I reset now. Should I reset?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

NOTinuyasha posted:

So I've never reset. I have at least 100 of everything except condensers, of which I have 80. At first I was thinking of just holding out so I could get Centennial and It does matter! but it's sort of looking like getting to 100 condensers would take forever. I'd get 111 heavenly chips if I reset now. Should I reset?

Voting yes. It's surprising how fast you get back to where you were, especially since you can get a lot of cps from achievements via kittens and golden cookies earlier than you would on the first time through.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Antifreeze Head posted:

If you truly do want to leave open up the console and do "Game.cookiesPs = 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000;" Leave that running for a few seconds, reset.

Click the cookie fifteen times, buy a cursor, and your cps suddenly shoots to some ridiculous number due to all the heavenly chips you have. So you buy a bunch of cursors, fill up the the whole screen, buy all the upgrades available, buy some grandmas, buy 1000 antimatter condensers, buy everything.

Nothing happens, you're just clicking over and over to buy things and your ridiculous cps barely budges at all, and you realize that this--clicking on upgrades and new buildings--is your reward for getting more cookies and it's boring as poo poo.

Worked for me at least.

Also, I don't mean this as an "I hate cookie clicker" post since I actually did get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it at first. I just think this is a legitimately good way to leave the game for good, even better than just wiping your save.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Eldercain posted:

I thought you were supposed to give the first batch to your dog or throw them away.

Even the raccoon won't eat them out of the trash.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Uhm, what happened to my save.

poo poo. Probably should have backed that up.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Did you delete your cookies?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

So what's a good point to do my first reset? I have a little more than 24,000,000,000,000 right now. I have 150 cursors and grandmas, and 100 of each building up to portals (and those I'll have 100 of in like an hour). Should I just wait longer because according to the wiki I'll only get 6 chips :(

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I reset at just over 100 chips; I probably wouldn't reset for less than 50, but that's just me. 100+ chips makes the trip to 100 condensers bearable; once I hit that I'll probably reset again.

(4 to go...)

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I first reset at 157 and I feel like that was a bit too long. I think 100+ is where you wanna be.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Whelp, guess I'm either gonna be leaving it on overnight or keeping a hawk's eye on the window for golden cookies.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
When do you start getting these chips and frenzies? I have about 10T total cookies baked and never seen any one of them

E: Installed the cookie monster and it has this cookie countdown timer. It hit 0 and nothing happened?

washow fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 8, 2013

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.
Welp, it took 3 hours of sitting around casually looking at Cookie Clicker while I did other stuff, but I managed to get No-Click and True No-Click. Sucks donkey butt though that True No-Click doesn't count for anything and doesn't even give you milk. Just a little icon under shadow achievements.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

washow posted:

I have about 10T total cookies baked

:allears: How adorable

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

washow posted:

When do you start getting these chips and frenzies? I have about 10T total cookies baked and never seen any one of them

Heavenly chips are the prestige system: reset your game and you get a % bonus based on all time cookies baked.

Frenzies are a gold cookie effect. Gold cookies spawn like every 10 minutes by default, and clicking them gives you bonuses. There are upgrades at 7, 27, and 77 clicked that increase their frequency/duration that make them a really significant boost to your cookie production.

Regarding the edit that's not quoted here, it should be linked to a gold cookie appearing somewhere on the screen. Sometimes the timer bugs out when you buy the upgrades but I've never had a false positive from it.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I just purchased the One Mind upgrade. I have no idea the nightmares that are ahead.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Feeble posted:

Whelp, guess I'm either gonna be leaving it on overnight or keeping a hawk's eye on the window for golden cookies.

Or just resize your window so the only thing you see when the Golden Cookie spawns is itself. :haw:

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Merijn posted:

Enable MouseKeys and hammer keypad 5 and keypad + during a Clicking Frenzy :buddy:

Hold 5 and + at the same time to get mad fast auto clicking.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Have buttons on a mouse and a macro that clicks ~once per millisecond.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

The borgrandmas are displeased. How can I please them?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

washow posted:

Keep doing their "research"

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

washow posted:

You'll research an upgrade for it eventually. For now just try to avoid the flesh tendrils.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Well the next one is elder pact and it sounds fun so I'm gonna do that

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

What you don't like cookies?

I don't like eating cookies. :( But I do like baking them. So I guess that makes me the perfect candidate for this game.

Monkey Fracas posted:

This is Cookie Clicker not "Weird Looking Hamburger Bun Clicker" :colbert:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Jibo posted:

I don't like eating cookies. :( But I do like baking them. So I guess that makes me the perfect candidate for this game.

The biggest tragedy of all is never tasting any of the quadrillions of cookies you bake.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Hold 5 and + at the same time to get mad fast auto clicking.

Sweet, imma try that on my next lucky strike. Right now I'm on my 2nd reset, got all the achievements (except Black Cat's Paw) and going for all the upgrades now. Maybe then I'll be free.

Jibo posted:

This is Cookie Clicker not "Weird Looking Hamburger Bun Clicker" :colbert:

Don't listen to this Philistine, those look delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Guys, I clicked all the things. There are no things left to click. I feel like this is more of a cookie-waiting simulator now, since there's no planning and no achievements left. Except for those 7,777 Golden Cookies of course, but then my CpS is immaterial and that's boring.

I could reset, but I'd want to at least double my Chips up to 600 so... yeah. I'm just waiting now. This is dull : (

PS: I want to click the cookie again. How do I reignite the passion?

• Locked thread