Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A request; Seeing as how the archives seem to have vanished from the forums (?), did anyone save the gif animation of Nice Pete doing his 'I am the Death Sound' turn that I made a few years back..?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
I don't have the gif, but the archives are still there. Bottom right when you're looking at any forum, there's a little set of dropboxes to pick a month/day/year to look at.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

TVs Ian posted:

I don't have the gif, but the archives are still there. Bottom right when you're looking at any forum, there's a little set of dropboxes to pick a month/day/year to look at.

Thank you for the info; that's probably the worst interface (played on ugliest bb software) for exploring an archive of content I've ever seen :o:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Thank you for the info; that's probably the worst interface (played on ugliest bb software) for exploring an archive of content I've ever seen :o:

Don't worry man, I'm sure Radium will get around to revealing his "Titan" BBS project anyday now.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Dude, you should know how poorly made this poo poo is. Did being on the inside break you that badly?

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
After announcing that he put links to the Hardcover collections from Dark Horse on the Home Page, a few people asked if there would be any new ones and Onstad says he's getting in touch with Dark Horse about starting them up again. I'm not getting my hopes up until I see Dark Horse announcing another one, but I'm unreasonably excited that we could get some more.

Here's the Twitter conversation for reference:

https://twitter.com/achewood/status/388054424007897088

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Dark Horse books are seriously well done.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I would be so loving excited to be able to continue my Dark Horse hardcover collection. They're amazing books.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

They really are, the amount of extra content in them is seriously awesome.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Did the Darkhorse books have a Volume 1? Because Volume 1 seems to be missing from the Amazon page.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RZApublican posted:

Did the Darkhorse books have a Volume 1? Because Volume 1 seems to be missing from the Amazon page.

Volume 1 is The Great Outdoor Fight, though it covers content that happened chronologically AFTER Volume 2: Worst Song, Played on Ugliest Guitar and Volume 3: A Home For Scared People

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jerusalem posted:

Volume 1 is The Great Outdoor Fight, though it covers content that happened chronologically AFTER Volume 2: Worst Song, Played on Ugliest Guitar and Volume 3: A Home For Scared People

Ah, I thought they had just skipped the first several months or so of the comic given how different they were from the rest of it, but that makes a lot more sense.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RZApublican posted:

Ah, I thought they had just skipped the first several months or so of the comic given how different they were from the rest of it, but that makes a lot more sense.
The weird early strips are tucked at the back of volume 2.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The Great Outdoor Fight works so well as a volume by itself, it really was the best choice for Volume 1.

Hell, that's when I started reading the comic in the first place, because everyone was talking about it so much online.

Holy poo poo that was 7 years ago.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Holy poo poo that was 7 years ago.

Jesus. I still remember hanging out every day waiting for a new comic to be posted to find out what was going on in the acres. Good loving times. :allears:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus. I still remember hanging out every day waiting for a new comic to be posted to find out what was going on in the acres. Good loving times. :allears:

Jerusalem sits at computer so long, he is gettink yeast infection! Ha ha! Is mainly a thing of chicks!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mfcrocker posted:

Jerusalem sits at computer so long, he is gettink yeast infection! Ha ha! Is mainly a thing of chicks!

You'a the rich boy, or you'a the jerk?

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

I will always remember where I was when Ray decided to become the ruling body.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I still think the greatest moment was when people flipped the gently caress out over Ray tearing a dudes face off with his bare hands.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

mr. stefan posted:

I still think the greatest moment was when people flipped the gently caress out over Ray tearing a dudes face off with his bare hands.

No one said it could be done...

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005

MondayHotDog posted:

His father once threw a beer bottle through a guy's face. It was a perfect spiral, scientists are still trying to figure it out.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Ramses Luther seems more like a he-finds-you type of dude.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MondayHotDog posted:

Tore off Fancy Mark Clancy's entire middle...

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Should be sleeping, instead I'm firing up the GOF again...

Oh hey there chatsack.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Jerusalem posted:

You'a the rich boy, or you'a the jerk?

I no'a like'a the jerks. When I am younger, sure, ok, but not so much now. Maybe I change, maybe they change. Who knows?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Should be sleeping, instead I'm firing up the GOF again...

Oh hey there chatsack.

Can't talk now, bro. I'm three-ballin'.

GeneralZod
May 28, 2003

Kneel before Zod!
Grimey Drawer
:siren: New Strip :siren:

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

And it's a very special strip, too!

I remember doing this as a kid for pretend, but halfway through my Power Rangers I was bawling my eyes out and stopped.

DrakePegasus fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Oct 11, 2013

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

That is the best alt-text in years.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lie Bot playing the long game again, I see.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Love the mouse ears on the computer.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Just think of how different Romeo and Juliet would have been, had Romeo only had a Hershey's Kiss.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Love the mouse ears on the computer.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01072008

Where kids can say what kids have to say.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Over 23 replies!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01072008

Where kids can say what kids have to say.

Oh god, later that month.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01232008

Prattlin'

What we are really missing is something like this. Ray has been the heart of Achewood for a long time, and while child Ray is close, it's not the same.

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 11, 2013

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

I think Onstad is starting to get Cornelius's voice back. This strip sounds a lot more natural than the other Cornelius strips we've seen recently.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That really IS the last thing Roast Beef needs.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

rantmo posted:

Just think of how different Romeo and Juliet would have been, had Romeo only had a Hershey's Kiss.
Thus with a kiss I die.

So close and yet so far.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Oh god, later that month.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01232008

Prattlin'

What we are really missing is something like this. Ray has been the heart of Achewood for a long time, and while child Ray is close, it's not the same.

"Eat some fuckin' dinner and have some fuckin' money" is such an accurate description of people's priorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Mr. Flunchy posted:

That is the best alt-text in years.

I keep thinking about it and giggling.