Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

MacheteZombie posted:

Can someone explain to me the racing rp glitch? I'm only getting like 650 rp total per win and I'm following the guides from last night. Did it get patched out or something?

Why are you getting so few RP from winning? I get 650 RP when I finish like 6th or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

Can someone explain to me the racing rp glitch? I'm only getting like 650 rp total per win and I'm following the guides from last night. Did it get patched out or something?

We did it for about two hours earlier this morning and it was working fine.

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010
Waited 4 days and now all my money is gone. My character was deleted, but now the money's gone. :(. Oh well.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can you type out exactly what you're doing? I was trying it last night with OtherCubed and we weren't getting anything.

GangsterIsland
Jul 7, 2011

It's

GIBBS

Ho
Wow, I have to say managing to steal a sheriff SUV solo was one of the trickiest / most rewarding experiences I've had with GTA. I finally got it by parking an SUV in front of the doors of a clothes store and killing cops that would enter one by one. Eventually the NOOSE guys started coming in, so after I killed about four of them I called Lester to remove my wanted level. I then ran outside and jumped right in one with about 30 cops standing right there, who all began to open fire then chase me all the way back to LS. I'll chase down pubbies telling them to pull over with pride now.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Regarding apartments, with the upcoming 500k$ settlement I'm going to buy a fancier one. Most of the views for the 10-car apartments are there, in case anyone wonders : http://www.gamepur.com/news/12373-gta-online-apartment-list-prices-garage-size-interior-and-exterior-views.html

What is the general consensus on best apartment/location/view? I already heard that the 391k one is considered the best, but it looks like the view from Richards Majestic Apt 51 (253k GTA$) is pretty cool because you can see a park and the hills, and also part of the city. Being cheaper, you can also grab a pretty nice luxury car to go along with it! Apart from the views, is there a location problem? Like, are utilities like LS customs or Ammu-nation very far away to justify the lower price?

Do those with 6-car garages have any view at all, or are they shuttered like the cheap 2-car ones?

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 12, 2013

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
Some were wondering, it seems like level 25 is the milestone for the cargobob no longer spawning. Just hit it and Sandy Shores is only giving me Titans. Goodbye most fun chopper :(

Hopefully Rockstar will work in some different spawning positions or add the cargobob to the website so you can buy it.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Harmonica posted:

Some were wondering, it seems like level 25 is the milestone for the cargobob no longer spawning. Just hit it and Sandy Shores is only giving me Titans. Goodbye most fun chopper :(

Hopefully Rockstar will work in some different spawning positions or add the cargobob to the website so you can buy it.

I was getting cargobobs up until rank 30. Now I'm getting Froggers. :geno:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Harmonica posted:

I thought level 25 is when it STARTS spawning? I'm level 21 and I'm yet to see one.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can't get it to work either.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

TorakFade posted:

Regarding apartments, with the upcoming 500k$ settlement I'm going to buy a fancier one. Most of the views for the 10-car apartments are there, in case anyone wonders : http://www.gamepur.com/news/12373-gta-online-apartment-list-prices-garage-size-interior-and-exterior-views.html

What is the general consensus on best apartment/location/view? I already heard that the 391k one is considered the best, but it looks like the view from Richards Majestic Apt 51 (253k$ )is pretty cool because you can see a park and the hills, and also part of the city. Being cheaper, you can also grab a pretty nice luxury car to go along with it! Apart from the views, is there a location problem? Like, are utilities like LS customs or Ammu-nation very far away to justify the lower price?

Do those with 6-car garages have any view at all, or are they shuttered like the cheap 2-car ones?

I bought the Majestic Apt 51 and I really like the view and location, got a nice view over the golf course and the hills. It's really close to a mod shop too -- about a 30 second drive from the garage -- which is pretty good.

The 6-car ones have no view at all, only the 10-cars.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

GangsterIsland posted:

What's the easiest way to get a sheriff SUV?

Start shooting everything in the tunnel in the upper right of the map. Do it until you have 4 stars. Make sure you kill some suv people, then call lester to get wanted off. Now wait for police to leave and you have free suv to drive off. Sometimes you might have to shoot the people in suv to get it though, which triggers cops again.

MacheteZombie posted:

Criminal records, 3 laps, only 2 players, first lap slow (~38 sec), 2nd lap faster (beat first by 4 sec. ~33 sec), 3rd lap fastest (beat 2nd lap by 4 sec, ~25 sec). Traffic,wanted,custom all on, catchup off. Split times to personal (this is prob most important). Weather and time both current. Slipstreaming and the order you place in the race have no effect. Angrygreek and I just leveled up 13 levels this morning doing it. It basically doesn't save your personal lap records properly so each race it thinks you broke the record. So you can brake the record each lap for each race.

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007

all apologies posted:

Anyone on 360 down for some survival? I got Sandy Survival down to the point where its an automatic 20k. Add me GT is traaumatized

If you're still doing this later i will join you. Name is Hawkown

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa

RCarr posted:

I thought level 25 is when it STARTS spawning? I'm level 21 and I'm yet to see one.

Definitely starts spawning way earlier. Possibly at 21/22.

Or, you know, maybe we're all being duped and each session we just get a different spawn seed which has just happened to coincide with us leveling up. It's possible..

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Also anyone on 360 want to partner up for a while for the racing RP glitch?

I need to catch up level wise to my friends, looking for someone to partner up

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Also where on the map is criminal records located?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Regarding Criminal Records,

There isn't much to do. I think only setting that matters is the split one (Personal). The RP comes from beating your lap record which I think is bugged (never saves) so as long as your laps are faster you should be getting ~2 bars of XP per lap. Me and 3 others would just dick around and ram each other with no real goal in mind and we'd all be leveling every 3-4 races. Sometimes the 2nd lap wouldn't trigger because we'd gently caress the times or something but it was 90% 4-5 bars per race.

Went from 37-45 in those few hours but I can't get Martin to give me missions.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

Mitt Romney posted:

Update on criminal records exp glitch:

I've been running it with Angry_Greek.

They capped RP at 5k per mission overnight.

Do all those settings but only 2 laps.

They main key is to do your slower lap first, then your fastest lap last. The fastest lap has to beat the first lap by at least 4 seconds. You can do it on 3 laps, first lap slowest, 2nd lap faster, 3rd lap fastest. All seperated by at least 5 seconds. But since they capped it at 5k, 2 laps will do it. Doesn't matter who wins.

So you get like 3k your first lap, 1.5k your second, but I've been doing 3 laps. Do you need the 3rd lap for the 1.5k on the second lap to count?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Aishan posted:

I bought the Majestic Apt 51 and I really like the view and location, got a nice view over the golf course and the hills. It's really close to a mod shop too -- about a 30 second drive from the garage -- which is pretty good.

Great, that seals the deal. I'll always be able to upgrade later on if I get tired! I'll buy this with the first half of the settlement, the second half will be invested in a luxury car.

Btw, it will need to be a luxury car with 4-doors to adequately represent when out with the crew: so, Dewbauchee Exemplar or Enus Super Diamond? The first is fast and nimble but not good looking (compared to the Carbonizzare or Coquette anyways), the second I never drove but looks positively awesome. I love me a fancy Rolls Royce.

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 12, 2013

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mitt Romney posted:

Start shooting everything in the tunnel in the upper right of the map. Do it until you have 4 stars. Make sure you kill some suv people, then call lester to get wanted off. Now wait for police to leave and you have free suv to drive off. Sometimes you might have to shoot the people in suv to get it though, which triggers cops again.

Criminal records, 3 laps, only 2 players, first lap slow (~38 sec), 2nd lap faster (beat first by 4 sec. ~33 sec), 3rd lap fastest (beat 2nd lap by 4 sec, ~25 sec). Traffic,wanted,custom all on, catchup off. Split times to personal (this is prob most important). Weather and time both current. Slipstreaming and the order you place in the race have no effect. Angrygreek and I just leveled up 13 levels this morning doing it. It basically doesn't save your personal lap records properly so each race it thinks you broke the record. So you can brake the record each lap for each race.

Okay, so the end of the race rp won't match what I actually receive because it's coming from bonuses?

If you were able to be this informative during the election, you might have got more votes.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Will anyone on 360 add me (traaumatized) so I can try out this criminal records race?

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008
Ok it seems to give decent RP now, but I am just 7 manning it and making sure I beat my previous record. Doing 4 laps, hang out in the back and then on the final 2 laps try to win as well (people keep ramming stuff though, kinda annoying).

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

DaitoX posted:

Ok it seems to give decent RP now, but I am just 7 manning it and making sure I beat my previous record. Doing 4 laps, hang out in the back and then on the final 2 laps try to win as well (people keep ramming stuff though, kinda annoying).

You on 360?

Add me and we can run it together

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

all apologies posted:

You on 360?

Add me and we can run it together

Nah on PS3

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Bounty hunting pubbies with Dr Dozzy piloting. :black101:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Psion posted:

(click to enlarge)

Anyone want to take a crack at finding the closest in-game match to these wheels? I uh, need to be prepared in case I have to drag a bank vault through Los Santos.

Wheels or rims? You can get the 5-star rims in multiplayer which is exactly what those are afaik.

Pretty neat that I can't actually tell if that's a screenshot or a real picture.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
So I ran the first lap in 38, then the next two about 5 second faster a piece. and I didnt see ay RP bar pop up at all...Anyone?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I finally found my baby. :swoon:

Western Daemon, you were a son of a bitch to find but so worth it.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
I'm up for survival or racing.

360: Matazar

cliche
Aug 12, 2010

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I understand that but like I said we tried all the classes and none of the numbers moved. It also doesn't show up as a custom vehicle to be used in the race for any of the classes either yet it has race based unlocked.

The Merryweather Mesa is in the 'Off Road' class. You can check the class of any vehicle by pressing down.

It appears as a custom car option in Off Road races (the ones where you race in a Dune Buggy, Sanchez, etc.), but not sure about race wins or unlocking mods for it.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
The shotguns are ridiculously overpowered. I don't mind that on short range, but on long range, they should be spraying peashooters instead.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

So uh there's a certain convenience store in Sandy Shores that you can climb into the awning/roof part of the building letting you shoot out with impunity while other bullets flying at you get blocked by the building as normal. Even the choppers can't really touch you.

I've been farming the Survival job. After Wave 10 it ends and you get $20,000 and like 1850 RP.

I don't know how to screenshot it, but it's the one that looks like a 7-11. It is one you can rob I'm pretty sure in the normal free roam. There's some cactus to the right of the door. You have to jump up on the cactus then quickly jump again; your character will do the wall climb thing as if climbing up a short ledge into the roof. There's a broken roof panel above the cactus in question.

Try not to tell all the pubbies, yeah? I want to do it a little more tomorrow before it gets fixed.

Does anyone have the link to the video this is shown in? I searched a few pages back but couldn't see it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I have a dumb car question, is there anything in the game that's based on (or just similar to) a Subaru Impreza WRX? I don't know poo poo about cars, but I kind of like the idea of something that is fast and is also good at tearing around off-road.

Or failing that one specifically, is there a good rally styled car?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Slim Killington posted:

Grunty, I swear that bullet was not meant for your head.

That would ceertainly be a difficult shot as I play on the 360 :haw:

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?

Combat Pretzel posted:

The shotguns are ridiculously overpowered. I don't mind that on short range, but on long range, they should be spraying peashooters instead.

Shotguns have about the same effective range as a handgun in real life. Most video games grossly exaggerate their spread in what I can only assume is an attempt to differentiate them from other weapons. As it stands, they are already less effective than rifles at mid-long ranges, but very strong at short-medium ranges. Given the low rate of fire of a shotgun, a good pistol user could drop a shotgun user no problem as long as the shotgun didn't make hamburger out of them with the first shot. I'm not sure how it plays out with the assault shotgun since I only got it last night, but even that gun has a slower fire rate than the AP pistol which tears people up.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Combat Pretzel posted:

The shotguns in this game work exactly like shotguns should, instead of the utter stupidity that represents them in most video games. At 15 yards a shotgun will put every pellet into a target if you can aim.

E;FB by someone who typed a lot better description than me.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Combat Pretzel posted:

No stop please. GTA5 shotguns are great and actually useful at midrange like they should be. Leave em alone.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

GruntyThrst posted:

That would ceertainly be a difficult shot as I play on the 360 :haw:

But... wh- who was it that ran a series of missions with ColdForge and me? Was I that tired?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

So uh there's a certain convenience store in Sandy Shores that you can climb into the awning/roof part of the building letting you shoot out with impunity while other bullets flying at you get blocked by the building as normal. Even the choppers can't really touch you.

I've been farming the Survival job. After Wave 10 it ends and you get $20,000 and like 1850 RP.

I don't know how to screenshot it, but it's the one that looks like a 7-11. It is one you can rob I'm pretty sure in the normal free roam. There's some cactus to the right of the door. You have to jump up on the cactus then quickly jump again; your character will do the wall climb thing as if climbing up a short ledge into the roof. There's a broken roof panel above the cactus in question.

Try not to tell all the pubbies, yeah? I want to do it a little more tomorrow before it gets fixed.

I tried going up there to avoid cops, and the bullets went through :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

all apologies posted:

So I ran the first lap in 38, then the next two about 5 second faster a piece. and I didnt see ay RP bar pop up at all...Anyone?

I don't know what to tell you, I could not get it work first but now I am getting a rank up every 2 races.

What I did notice though, sometimes after the first lap it won't show the RP bar and on the final lap you obviously don't get to see it. In both cases it still adds the RP. However, I am running on 3 laps and never get the max RP message and I always see the RP bar on the second lap.

• Locked thread