Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

Duke Chin posted:

48 actual hours of playtime (not the game's time, or real-world time, but actual YOU HAVE TO PLAY THIS MUCH time) of "bad sport" servers for a first time offender is buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

It's real world time. I got bad sport Thursday at 11:01 and it expired today at 11:01 on the dot, even with all the commendations.

Also good playing with you earlier Duke, btw this is Wayne G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?
If anyone on PS3 has the Karin Futo spawning in their session right now please add Disco_Sentinel and invite me. Thanks! :)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Harmburger posted:

So, I was doing a few missions with some goons and dropped out into a session with some pubbies. One of these wouldn't shut the gently caress up, and we kept making fun of him. Especially because had a bounty set my an NPC and was certain it was one of "us bitches" and he was going to "roll" on us when he found out who it was. He said he wanted to "come see me" and that his "boy" was coming with. I called Pegasus, picked up my Rhino, and had all the Goons in session watch me on TV. I blew the gently caress out of him and his boy. Unfortunately for me, both were in personal cars, and that on top of earlier antics, put me into bad sport hell.

Wow, you really owned those fools by getting stuck in the retard people lobby with no way to play with your mates until you get out. That'll show them.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
I think if someone tries to creep on you first there should be some kind of flag that lets you take their car out if they're in it. I mean it only makes sense.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

dvorak posted:

I think if someone tries to creep on you first there should be some kind of flag that lets you take their car out if they're in it. I mean it only makes sense.

You car should be flagged for free destruction if anyone has fired from it in the last 2 minutes or so.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Obsurveyor posted:

You car should be flagged for free destruction if anyone has fired from it in the last 2 minutes or so.

Yeah, something like that. Or anything like that really. I mean MMOs figured this one out a decade ago.

On top of that, if a couple of us want to gently caress around and have so much money we don't care if we blow up our cars, I'd like to even be able to toggle it off. I don't care at this point about 1000 bucks.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

dvorak posted:

I make sure to blow up people's cars if they attack me, but I've never done it enough to get bad sport.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I make sure to blow up people's cars if they attack me, but I've never done it enough to get bad sport.

You're still getting points towards it no matter what. So if you do that often enough, you will.

I probably blow half a dozen people's cars up every night I play, through revenge or bounties, mostly as revenge or the result of hunting down their bounty. I still haven't gotten put in the corner yet, so you've got to really go on a rampage I'd imagine.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 13, 2013

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
Sending mercenaries after someone and then creep watching them is awesome.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

dvorak posted:

You're still getting points towards it no matter what. So if you do that often enough, you will.

That said, I probably blow half a dozen people's cars up every night I play, mostly as revenge or the result of hunting down their bounty, and I'm not getting dinged with anything. So you've got to really go on a rampage I'd imagine.

So what resets it back down to zero? Time lapsed since last doing it? I've done it here and there but I just assumed it reset back down again after a while.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Intrepid00 posted:

Sending mercenaries after someone and then creep watching them is awesome.

Yeah man, if someone has a 9000 bounty, just send the mercs after them and follow the carnage.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Fun times with the goon crew tonight. I was UltimateZAR aka The Best aka RonPaul420, it was really fun hanging with you guys whose names I forget, we should definitely do this some other time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Wow, you really owned those fools by getting stuck in the retard people lobby with no way to play with your mates until you get out. That'll show them.

You ever find that duster to match your fedora?

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Any PS3 goons want to just have some general fun/mayhem? I already grinded my way to the best apartment so I'm just looking for some people to rob stores with or hang out of trucks and shoot cops and pubbies. I have beer and a ton of time of work, PS3 ID: Iheartcats .

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

epitasis posted:

You ever find that duster to match your fedora?

No, but I unlocked the faded blue dad jeans to go with my blazer, which is a look I sometimes wear when I want to go formal, but not too formal.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cenen posted:

Any PS3 goons want to just have some general fun/mayhem? I already grinded my way to the best apartment so I'm just looking for some people to rob stores with or hang out of trucks and shoot cops and pubbies. I have beer and a ton of time of work, PS3 ID: Iheartcats .

Iheartcats also and would love to, now that I finally got online but can't get into any 1009 action. PSN is PadreChester

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Sorry AwfulCo crew, some rear end in a top hat put a bounty on me as soon as I respawned in freeroam, and then vote-kicked me out. Now I can't log back in :cry:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Coldforge posted:

Sorry AwfulCo crew, some rear end in a top hat put a bounty on me as soon as I respawned in freeroam, and then vote-kicked me out. Now I can't log back in :cry:

Doubtful, it takes a bit to get someone vote kicked, you were disconnected.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Psion posted:

Yeah but it's you, Duke Chin. You deserve it. :v:

THEY HAD IT COMIN, I TELLS YA! What with their shiny, red bounty dot - I mean, did you SEE what they wuz wearing?!? They were practically ASKING for it! :clint:

And "it" being "Buzzard missiles from ½ a mile out.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

PaganGoatPants posted:

So people are reporting hackers on PS3 now? :smith:

Have you seen some of the world record times? The world record for "Taking Off" set to GTA is 1 second...

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

redz posted:

It's real world time. I got bad sport Thursday at 11:01 and it expired today at 11:01 on the dot, even with all the commendations.

Also good playing with you earlier Duke, btw this is Wayne G.

Is it? Phew - good. Cause my in-game clock was jiving more with play-time than real time. And yeah, you're a swell goon to be locked up in the bad sport asylum with.

(broseph brostar is in there now with me, btw :laugh:)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So what's the benefit of joining a crew? So far I've just been having fun not shooting people. Races, locking people inside stores while they rob them, exploring. It's fun.

epicormic
May 9, 2013
The bad sport mechanic is so silly. What do they expect people to do with the tank, go for scenic drives? I've even tried to drive a tank peacefully only to have multiple people slam their cars into me and it count towards my bad sport score.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

So what's the benefit of joining a crew? So far I've just been having fun not shooting people. Races, locking people inside stores while they rob them, exploring. It's fun.

You get a 10% bonus to RP if you do a mission with your crew. Also goon groups at a minimum are not filled with idiotic 12 year olds.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Thumbtacks posted:

RP bonuses at the end of missions. Sexy stationary and letterheads. (by that I mean car/shirt logos)

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
So, I'm finally at the most important impasse. I'm just about ready to spring for The Apartment.

The only thing is, there's on location that isn't accounted for: 4 Integrity Way.

There's one picture of one view from #35; right at the north rim of the Financial District.

Can anyone else report on the other angles or the view from #30? Because for 235/247 grand...

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

You get a 10% bonus to RP if you do a mission with your crew. Also goon groups at a minimum are not filled with idiotic 12 year olds.

Ah. I might join one, then. How would you organize crew events? In my head I'm just imagining a giant clusterfuck of people talking at once...

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

What do you mean I can't have my own personal ambulance, Rock$tar? :mad:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Ah. I might join one, then. How would you organize crew events? In my head I'm just imagining a giant clusterfuck of people talking at once...

Normally the game just shoves you in a free roam with a bunch of your crew. Its easy enough to host a mission and invite only crew. As for heists, well your guess is as good as mine.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Harmburger posted:

So, I was doing a few missions with some goons and dropped out into a session with some pubbies. One of these wouldn't shut the gently caress up, and we kept making fun of him. Especially because had a bounty set my an NPC and was certain it was one of "us bitches" and he was going to "roll" on us when he found out who it was. He said he wanted to "come see me" and that his "boy" was coming with. I called Pegasus, picked up my Rhino, and had all the Goons in session watch me on TV. I blew the gently caress out of him and his boy. Unfortunately for me, both were in personal cars, and that on top of earlier antics, put me into bad sport hell.

You missed it, right after he left in shame/rage and you got booted for bad sport status I relentlessly crushed his boy with my Sandking until he too left in shame/rage.

Songbearer posted:

People who don't drive muscle cars are chumps :colbert:
Where the hell did you get the Phoenix? I can't find one ANYWHERE :(

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 13, 2013

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups
Is anyone else having strange issues while hosting missions?

I've gotten wrong waypoints, gang attacks merged into the mission, and just now everyone completely disappeared and the mission progressed, but I couldn't complete it.

I figure it is a network thing, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Normally the game just shoves you in a free roam with a bunch of your crew. Its easy enough to host a mission and invite only crew. As for heists, well your guess is as good as mine.

Sounds good. I've been avoiding crews just because I wasn't really sure if they were good or not, but now I'll definitely look into it. Does it matter if I have a mic or not?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Mics really aren't mandatory, just recommended I imagine. I've had a perfectly fine time vibing it with other crew members.

epicormic
May 9, 2013
I actually should be posting about the more important things like why would you ever take away cargobob spawns, you monsters.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Sounds good. I've been avoiding crews just because I wasn't really sure if they were good or not, but now I'll definitely look into it. Does it matter if I have a mic or not?

Having a mic is fun, and you get set it to talk to crew and friends only. When mine ran out out batteries is was still fun to stare creepily at people and stumble drunkenly through their expensive apartment.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Thumbtacks posted:

Nice custom title dude. :D

Hardly anyone has mics it seems.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Where the hell did you get the Phoenix? I can't find one ANYWHERE :(

Blind luck, first car I snagged once I hit freeroam.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
3/10 the mics are kids (there was literally one today who said "I'm 9. Please stop saying cuss words. Who keeps using cuss words? What do you mean wheres my sister? She's not in your bed)
2/10 Their whiners (Had some whiny oval office who sniped me and dr abysmal get mad after we killed them like 8 times, and yes thats what they get for sniping us, RUDE)
1/10 Call of duty bro (One kept calling everyone who killed him a friend of the family. Then used the "Im not racist my best friends black" thing. I think at that point everyone was chain killing him, that being when I joined in, for him to simply give up and say 'bro im leaving, I'm going to play COD this is lame')

The rest are decent folks, goons with mics often just keep to themselves or just have fun it seems. During some missions at least 1 person with exp and a mic is EXTREMELY valuable (1st mixed up with coke run, etc)

I really want a sports car but I can't seem to keep above 300K between weapons and upgrades.

I'm barely patient enough to win 50 races for chrome cars.
Do I have to win them or just complete them?

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 13, 2013

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cenen posted:

Hey, thanks for the good times until my connection poo poo out again! Not sure what the deal is but it seems like I'm destined to never go any higher than level 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Win 50 for Chrome. All in one class, so I hope you like supercars (if you want to pub it)

also I too would like to know the magic of how to get a Phoenix to spawn. The wiki is ... unhelpful.
"They might be here, here, here, or maybe over here" *spawns in none of these places*

• Locked thread