Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cute as heck posted:

So Kringy and I found the worlds most fearless shop owner

(We killed him, god rest his soul)

If the shop owner doesn't budge, go outside and come back and try again, it happens all the time. Just make sure you buy all your snacks first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
To anyone who has a tank: do you have to pay for the vehicles you destroy with the cannon? I threw 3 different ones at this guy in the hopes that he would get a bad sport but it he never paid for any of them so I'm not sure if it's because he was broke or the tank doesn't count as a weapon like guns do.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Akion posted:

I spent several minutes in a Buzzard lobbing rockets at a dudes apartment window earlier. My hope was to annoy him enough that he came out and let me collect his bounty, but he ended up just logging. :(

Do you even see the actual outside world in your apartment? When I go idle he follows cars and ladies like they are at my level which is 20 stories up.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Sorry gents who wanted to race grind. I got into some really awesome survival sets with 3 other blokes so we did that for a bunch. I'll probably be up for grindan tomorrow.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

Alan Smithee posted:

Is there a guide that tells you what missions pay out? I can no longer count with my fingers how many Goddamn missions I've had to chase a loving car cross country, die or lose the car for some lovely reason and then do it again all for poo poo pay. There needs to be trigger warnings for cross country loving chases. It's no wonder single player missions cut you off when a car gets away, it's a mercy kill really

This post has a ton of missions listed and their payouts. http://gtaforums.com/topic/614195-specific-job-payouts-cash-only-not-rp/page-1

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
Is there no way to get the Cargobob post no spawning at the airfield? I could have some fun airlifting pubbie cars during the night from Ammu-nation to the beach fires, watching the cars cook, and then blow up.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Intrepid00 posted:

Do you even see the actual outside world in your apartment? When I go idle he follows cars and ladies like they are at my level which is 20 stories up.

If you have one with windows, yes.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Akion posted:

I spent several minutes in a Buzzard lobbing rockets at a dudes apartment window earlier. My hope was to annoy him enough that he came out and let me collect his bounty, but he ended up just logging. :(
Despite being entirely pointless, it's very satisfying o lob rockets into someone's apartment windows. it just makes me wish that they had Heli pads on top so I could try and lure them to attempt to run away..

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lunethex posted:

Doing the racing glitch I make at most 2 bars per race, can anyone else chime in on their gains and if they're leveling faster? Me and my partner are 85 and 66 respectively.

That's what I've been getting too. My friend and I are roughly at your levels as well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So how do certain helicopter spawns handle based on level in free roam?

If a level 40 walks by a helipad and buzzards spawn, if I'm nearby will I see/access buzzards?

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Feenix posted:

So how do certain helicopter spawns handle based on level in free roam?

If a level 40 walks by a helipad and buzzards spawn, if I'm nearby will I see/access buzzards?

Yup, everyone sees the same vehicles.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
Anyone up for some mildly drunk (shut up, tomorrow's a holiday here in Canada) Survival fun on XBL? GT is EchoBeta1155.

Bamabalacha fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 14, 2013

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Radicalysmic posted:

Yup, everyone sees the same vehicles.

Yeah which is weird because I'm not high enough to get it but I'll see it spawn when nobody else is around. I guess the high level people's just let it go

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

How do you tell which window is the apartment window from the outside? I wanted to hover right outside the apartment a pubby was in, but you can't see in.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

crazysim posted:

Is there no way to get the Cargobob post no spawning at the airfield? I could have some fun airlifting pubbie cars during the night from Ammu-nation to the beach fires, watching the cars cook, and then blow up.

I saw one on the hospital roof in LS. A Cargobob and a Buzzard, next to each other. The finest of spawns. Only happened once, though.

I'm really surprised you can't buy it from Warstock. It doesn't make any sense to me. Level-based helipad spawns also seem odd to me; Buzzards on a hospital rooftop? What?

anything to not get Annihilators though, ugh those are terrible

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Psion posted:

anything to not get Annihilators though, ugh those are terrible

How so?

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Jesus, playing with random pubbies is worse than I expected. I had Titan of a Job with 3 randoms earlier, done it a million times with goons so I figured it would be a cakewalk whoever it was with. First, they couldn't figure out how to get into the airport. Then they watched me do it, followed, and all 3 of them plowed past me straight into the hangar, being killed almost instantly. Then I soloed the mission and they all gave it thumbs down at the end.

Also I was in a 16 player race lobby and the host set it to the thing with a co-pilot, I was excited to finally get to try it. 10 of the players left, then the host left and the new host changed it to a regular race :(

Dinotron
Sep 2, 2008
So after many failed attempts at stealing a fighter jet from the military base, I finally found one parked outside of the base near my respawn point for some reason. :stare:
I then proceeded to tear rear end around the map harassing pubbies, but then accidentally blew it up while trying to land it on the highway.

After all that I went to Trevor's airfield and a Titan spawned for some reason, although I crashed that one too while trying to do a totally sweet loop-d-loop. Today was a awesome day for airplane spawns.

Dinotron fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 14, 2013

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Annihilators are slow, long so they're not very maneuverable, and only have a set of linked chainguns so they are impossible to fire accurately on any target, an immobile target especially. A buzzard by comparison is fast, light, and has lock-on missiles that can hammer targets from a distance with great accuracy. The only thing you might prefer an annihilator for is to carry more people than what you can with a buzzard. Oh and landing one and slapping a sticky bomb on as bait

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Prokhor posted:

Annihilators are slow, long so they're not very maneuverable, and only have a set of linked chainguns so they are impossible to fire accurately on any target, an immobile target especially. A buzzard by comparison is fast, light, and has lock-on missiles that can hammer targets from a distance with great accuracy. The only thing you might prefer an annihilator for is to carry more people than what you can with a buzzard. Oh and landing one and slapping a sticky bomb on as bait

It doesn't have missiles? WTF, thing looks like a gunship it should have more firepower than the buzzard.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

beanieson posted:

It doesn't have missiles? WTF, thing looks like a gunship it should have more firepower than the buzzard.

buzzards were added in to GTA4 with the Ballad of Gay Tony expansion and are pretty much intended as a straight upgrade.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Sorry goons I was having train track fun with, my console froze and I had to reboot.

Also I still cant get a loving Phoenix. Tried everything y'all said for 6 hours and still nothing. At this rate, unless someone dupes one for me, I'll never get one :(

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

beanieson posted:

The Annihilator is a Blackhawk, like the Raindance from GTA:SA. I miss some of the older attack helicopters/planes actually, there used to be one called a Sea Sparrow which was a two sweater with floats and a tracking machine gun. There was also a P-51/P-40 with machine guns to dogfight in.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Guys, how do I make my phone number unlisted? I am getting solicitor calls from insurance companies.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Party Plane Jones posted:

The Annihilator is a Blackhawk, like the Raindance from GTA:SA. I miss some of the older attack helicopters/planes actually, there used to be one called a Sea Sparrow which was a two sweater with floats and a tracking machine gun. There was also a P-51/P-40 with machine guns to dogfight in.

RIP, P-51. That thing was an absolute blast once you got good with it. You could straight up ruin Hydras with practice.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My apologies to the goon crews on 2 accounts: 1) most of my game time is when my 9 month old son is napping next to me. I do have my headset on and an listening.
2) a lot of these high-tier missions this is my first go at them. Apologies for any gently caress ups. I'm only level 21. :)

But I'm always grateful for the opportunity to participate.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I'm up to join any missions that are hard etc. I have access to everything too so if you want particular stuff give me a ring. Shame I can't be part of any GoonCrews :(

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

T1g4h posted:

RIP, P-51. That thing was an absolute blast once you got good with it. You could straight up ruin Hydras with practice.

The thing that made the older games so much better for killing people in aircraft is that the machine gun mounts tracked the closest vehicle. Meaning you could still kill people, you just had to be zooming along at breakneck speed at low altitude to get them. Rockets on the other hand were dumb fire, except for the Hydra's. With the changes to the flight model and how tracking/locks work its annoyingly hard to kill people with anything; Copilots are definitely needed since you can actually hit something with the TV missile.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That’s something GTA V sorely lacks: seaplanes and amphibious helicopters. There isn’t a single one.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

DASK23 messaged posted:

u little faggit what the gently caress u know abwt straps il put d 2 2 in ya babymoms mouth pussyole

My friend DASK23 on PS3 doesn't appreciate the hilarity of sticky bombs on his getaway car.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

haunted bong posted:

To hell with that mission from Lester where you attack the high rise to get the briefcase. Me and another goon(Whose forum name I don't know) spent, like, 2 hours trying to finish it for a lovely payoff.

I finally hit level 25 earlier and got another crack at this mission and I found that you can usually get a Frogger from the marina helipad near the construction site. There will be an NPC taking off in one, if he's not there go around the block to reset the spawn and check again.

This spot also worked on Death From Above for me, although I'm not really sure how you're supposed to approach that one with an aerial attack, everybody around the mansion will start blasting you if you get anywhere near them. Parachuting as Martin suggests seems like it would be suicide. I landed nearby, sniped the two guys on the roof and we just attacked the rest from the ground.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

The thing that made the older games so much better for killing people in aircraft is that the machine gun mounts tracked the closest vehicle. Meaning you could still kill people, you just had to be zooming along at breakneck speed at low altitude to get them. Rockets on the other hand were dumb fire, except for the Hydra's. With the changes to the flight model and how tracking/locks work its annoyingly hard to kill people with anything; Copilots are definitely needed since you can actually hit something with the TV missile.

I just like making ghetto gunships with people. I took a Maverick last night and, with the help of Turd Ferguson and... Caio Brum? I think, sorry if I misspell that, it was hard to see, we flew around raining death on people from above right up until the point where a bad bout of pop-in caused me to slam into a gate that wasn't there a second before :v:

Goonship 1 was definitely a success, loading a heli up with guys with assault rifles and SMGs is amazing fun. It's like a smaller, more maneuverable AC-130.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 14, 2013

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

Feenix posted:

My apologies to the goon crews on 2 accounts: 1) most of my game time is when my 9 month old son is napping next to me. I do have my headset on and an listening.
2) a lot of these high-tier missions this is my first go at them. Apologies for any gently caress ups. I'm only level 21. :)

But I'm always grateful for the opportunity to participate.

I've got the same problem from a different angle. My kid always wants to sleep in my bed, which is right next to my game set up. I've done all the missions and when goons ask me to explain missions I really can't say too much before waking my kid up and receiving a dirty look ....

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Just the other day I was chasing a bounty who did just that. I see him in the middle of the Blaine County lake and I'm thinking he's in a chopper or something, so I grab myself a chopper at the airfield, which turns out to be a chinook. I tried to lift a car so i can drop it on him in case he's swimming but don't remember which button it was so I go without it. When I reach him I realize he's in fact underwater in what I think is a car. I'm sitting there in my chopper thinking "What the gently caress, you can get infinite breathing?!?! This is bullshit! Nothing is infinite in this game so why should breathing be?!?!"

Nothing is unpossible.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The thing that made the older games so much better for killing people in aircraft is that they didn't wobble without rhyme or reason

gently caress the random turbulence or whatever unfun mechanic they are trying to replicate with the aircraft. I can fly them just fine, but having the aircraft wobble doesn't add to my fun. Also makes hitting things with the machine guns very difficult.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

gently caress the random turbulence or whatever unfun mechanic they are trying to replicate with the aircraft. I can fly them just fine, but having the aircraft wobble doesn't add to my fun. Also makes hitting things with the machine guns very difficult.

Yeah, this is an annoying "feature". Why yes Rockstar, I'd love to have my helicopter be straight up impossible to fly in a straight line, even with 100 flying, that's super fun!

In other news, Snapmatic is working again, so here's my collection:

That Phoenix was originally that lime green, but with a BRIGHT YELLOW stripe. It was hilariously awful and I thought about leaving it like that for kicks, but style won out in the end :v:

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
For all you goons with the FIB SUV - are you still able to mod it at LSC? And if so, does the roof number persist even with mods/changing paint jobs? Do the sirens persist as well?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Well the planes (well plane, since only the Lazer is armed) are perfectly fine for killing stuff. Helicopters however... complete poo poo due to the wobble and the fact that the weapon mounts are aimed dead on with the nose instead of angled downwards.

Also the Lazer has exploding bullets. No helicopter has that.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
Haha, I jacked rides till I got a bounty and thanks to the previous goon post I was dragging pubbies to the water and chopping them up with the prop on the sub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Looking for a Criminal Records farming group. I wanna get some levels before Rockstar puts a stop to it. XBL name is Kizurue

• Locked thread