Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kelp Plankton posted:

When do you get Fly? I'm only on like the 4th gym, but I really want to go back to some previous towns for clothing shop stuff and don't want to deal with biking all over the place.

Very soon I think. I'm pretty sure 4th badge lets you use fly outside of battle and I got the HM like right before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I like how the only thing set to private on Pokemon-GL by default is play time. Can't have people knowing how many hours I've sunk into pokemon so far.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
How do you have an evolved Honedge but not an evolved Tyrunt :argh:

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I've only had time to play at night this week. :(

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
Question: Are there any items in this game like the lightball that make unevolved pokemon somewhat more viable? I want Wartortle and Bulbasaur to be unevolved but still useful

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Boxes! How are you guys organized? I have a box for each type (two boxes for normal, grass, water and bug), a box for eggs, another for legendaries, a breeding box (where I dump parents), a whole box for Unown types and another for Vivillons. The rest are labelled "other" and it's where I leave trading fodder.

In every game I end up making a box called *Hearts* where I store the Pokes I'm going to end up using at some point, and then after that I more or less just let the boxes autofill. When I'm able to transfer all of my previous boxes over, I'm thinking of undertaking the task of sorting by National Dex number!

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Radical posted:

In one of the office buildings in Not-Paris there was a guy saying he was collecting the trash, which I assume was supposed to be a subtle "hey don't bother kid" thing, but I still checked most of them.

And there was nothing.

If they want me to stop bothering, they should stop having them react. Or just stop including trash cans. There were items in them before, the moment I stop checking there will be again....

Phreizr
Nov 1, 2012
Remember when everyone thought Sliggoo evolved at level 70? I'm starting to seriously wish that were actually the case right now. I've spent forever waiting around route 14 and anywhere else I can think of where it might rain to no avail. I'm starting to wonder at this point if I somehow tripped a flag that makes it not rain anywhere for some reason.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Would anyone happen to be in possession of a timid natured staryu/starmie I could have?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Radical posted:

In one of the office buildings in Not-Paris there was a guy saying he was collecting the trash, which I assume was supposed to be a subtle "hey don't bother kid" thing, but I still checked most of them.

And there was nothing.

I'm playing Black 2 to scratch the itch since I can't get one of the new games, and I've found one Revive in a trash can. I think it was in the Nimbasa amusement park.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Why does the Galette store clerk say "All our success is thanks to you!" I've never even met you, lady.

e. she also gave me a discount, so maybe it just assumes you've been there before when you make it to that style level?

Radical fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 16, 2013

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Phreizr posted:

Remember when everyone thought Sliggoo evolved at level 70? I'm starting to seriously wish that were actually the case right now. I've spent forever waiting around route 14 and anywhere else I can think of where it might rain to no avail. I'm starting to wonder at this point if I somehow tripped a flag that makes it not rain anywhere for some reason.

Do you have Monster Hunter on your 3DS? If you do, it borrows the Desire Sensor from it.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Radical posted:

Why does the Galette store clerk say "All our success is thanks to you!" I've never even met you, lady.

Badly translated Japanese politeness most likely.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
So I've managed to get a copy of the Pokemon X/Y Guidebook. While it doesn't cover everything, it does have some useful stuff, like egg groups, routes and most importantly stylish points. Do you want me to upload things from the book or is that considered :filez:

Note: I don't have a scanner, but my Nikon is pretty good at taking pictures. I won't upload all 300 pages, although if you have any requests I'll gladly help.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Where are the Leftovers found? I'm past the seventh gym and I still haven't found them.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Carlioo posted:

So I've managed to get a copy of the Pokemon X/Y Guidebook. While it doesn't cover everything, it does have some useful stuff, like egg groups, routes and most importantly stylish points. Do you want me to upload things from the book or is that considered :filez:

Note: I don't have a scanner, but my Nikon is pretty good at taking pictures. I won't upload all 300 pages, although if you have any requests I'll gladly help.

I think information itself wouldn't be :filez:, or some particularly useful charts or highlights, but be careful about how much you post directly from it(like, pictures or scans, not typed up stuff). You'd be better off transcribing information- everything in that guide is going to make it's way to a wiki or whatever soon enough, so typing up egg groups or what's on what routes is probably okay.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So is there any reason to have a Dragon-type Pokemon if you also have a Fairy-type?

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

Carlioo posted:

Where is the discount coupon? :colbert:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I got a battle request last night while I was gathering TMs and finding new Pokemon. The dude had Mega Lucario, but made the mistake of letting my Vivillon Quiver Damce and Hurricane.:)

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Shoopuf posted:

Where is the discount coupon? :colbert:

It was on the reciept. Swedish game retailers are pretty lax when it comes to stuff like this :v:

So should I write everything in Pastebin then? Seems like the safest option (even if it will take a while)

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So is there any reason to have a Dragon-type Pokemon if you also have a Fairy-type?

I don't know where you're at in the game (I'm not even at the second badge yet). But generally, Dragon Type Pokemon are ridiculously powerful and usually learn a good variety of moves via level up and TMs. But they also tend to evolve at later levels so you very well may get to the E4 and even a bit into the post-game and not have your dragon fully evolved.

While many think to just keep them out of the snow covered routes, practically every Water type Pokemon can learn Ice moves as well so it is always worth keeping an eye in Water routes to make sure your dragon doesn't get KOed by Ice Beam or Avalanche or whatever.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

Carlioo posted:

It was on the reciept. Swedish game retailers are pretty lax when it comes to stuff like this :v:

So should I write everything in Pastebin then? Seems like the safest option (even if it will take a while)

No, the Boutique Coupon that NPCs keep teasing us about. :rolleyes:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Constable Lemon posted:

Where are the Leftovers found? I'm past the seventh gym and I still haven't found them.

Leftovers are someplace off-route. I think it's somewhere on route 18 or 19, I jsut recently got them. It's one of those items you have to use Cut to get to.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
It's great that you can't switch Pokemon (and not see the enemy lineup of course) when you accept a challenge. Let's go Fletchinder and egg, you can do it!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dastardly posted:

It's great that you can't switch Pokemon (and not see the enemy lineup of course) when you accept a challenge. Let's go Fletchinder and egg, you can do it!

This is the reason I reject most challenges - I'm leveling up the dudes I like, not want to fight with them YET. I wish Gamefreak thought of that and let us use any of the pokes we have in the PC when a challenge is issued, they got so many things right, and this is the BIGGEST flaw I can find in the game.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Are there any new moves Eevee learns that I should be aware of before I evolve it into Flareon? Also I guess is there anything new about Flareon I should be aware of?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Kikas posted:

Leftovers are someplace off-route. I think it's somewhere on route 18 or 19, I jsut recently got them. It's one of those items you have to use Cut to get to.

I think it's actually Route 12. And you do need Cut.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I've not yet gotten the third badge yet, but am I the only one puzzled by the lack of decent electric types as of yet? Pikachu near the start, sure, and all the off-brand ones, but the best electric type I've thus seen is Emolga for crying out loud.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Goomy is a dragon type, as is Tyrunt. So yes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've not yet gotten the third badge yet, but am I the only one puzzled by the lack of decent electric types as of yet? Pikachu near the start, sure, and all the off-brand ones, but the best electric type I've thus seen is Emolga for crying out loud.

If you're playing Y, you can find Electrikes on route 10, though your mileage may vary on whether or not you would classify that as a "decent" electric type. I think you can catch Mareep on Route 12 before you beat the 3rd gym too.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Constable Lemon posted:

If you're playing Y, you can find Electrikes on route 10, though your mileage may vary on whether or not you would classify that as a "decent" electric type. I think you can catch Mareep on Route 12 before you beat the 3rd gym too.

Around that time, when you ride the Rhyhorn, you can catch Helioptiles, too.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Mareep shows up in hordes right after the third gym, iirc.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Kikas posted:

This is the reason I reject most challenges - I'm leveling up the dudes I like, not want to fight with them YET. I wish Gamefreak thought of that and let us use any of the pokes we have in the PC when a challenge is issued, they got so many things right, and this is the BIGGEST flaw I can find in the game.

Best part, I re-challenged him with my actual team and stomped him so hard he disconnected himself.

Edit: It's nice to see people get tricked by Dragalge's dragon typing.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 16, 2013

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
You know, it's kind of bullshit that I can't sky battle when I have Hawlucha right there game, come on!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kikas posted:

There is a feature that lets you set up a special pc box filled with 6 pokemon you can pull out during online battles. I haven't used it, but an NPC mentioned it. If that's your only problem with online battling you really have no reason not to do it.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
from far back:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sent off a Dedenne, got a Froakie(!) named Frog #046. Oh god, we're encouraging battery-farmed Pokemon :qq:.
I got a level 2 Bidoof named HMBeaver from WT :v:

Livingtrope posted:

You know, it's kind of bullshit that I can't sky battle when I have Hawlucha right there game, come on!
I like to imagine that when I use Fly with Hawlucha, we aren't actually flying, it just jumps really far.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Shoopuf posted:

No, the Boutique Coupon that NPCs keep teasing us about. :rolleyes:

Well, unless I didn't find it while quickly looking through the book, it doesn't actually say it anywhere. I think it has something to do with stylish points however, because the book mentions that you do get discounts in shops the more stylish you are. Time to get your inner model on I guess.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

NextTime000 posted:

from far back:
I got a level 2 Bidoof named HMBeaver from WT :v:

I like to imagine that when I use Fly with Hawlucha, we aren't actually flying, it just jumps really far.

That or he pulls a Tao Pai Pai and simply rides on a pillar he threw towards the destination.

Rudoku posted:

They don't want to make two models for stuff like that. That's why Swanna lost it's Carl pose.

And Skarmory now just sorta flies in place without ever flapping.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 16, 2013

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Livingtrope posted:

They don't want to make two models for stuff like that. That's why Swanna lost it's Carl pose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Boxes! How are you guys organized? I have a box for each type (two boxes for normal, grass, water and bug), a box for eggs, another for legendaries, a breeding box (where I dump parents), a whole box for Unown types and another for Vivillons. The rest are labelled "other" and it's where I leave trading fodder.

I do this too :3: Only sometimes I combine types which are few enough in number to not need an entire box's worth of space (fairy/ghost as one) and use the extra boxes for the most numerous instead (water 2, normal 2). I then have one box labeled "breeders" housing a ditto of each nature worth breeding along with any eggs they produce.

Now I have to buy out the Luminose city store, catch more dittos to have one of each good nature, catch everything on past routes with an overleveled false swiper, and get rolling on friend safaris. And that's all before breeding up a viable team.

It begins.

• Locked thread