Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

If it fits, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sudo Echo posted:

If it fits, I guess?

Is....that...the crank bolt?!

No no no no...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It hasn't failed yet, so that's more of a horrible mechanic failure.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kotaru posted:

I bought this http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-67979.html and it would not fit through the sparkplug hole.

This is the one I saw and almost bought...glad I didn't, now.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Looks like it ran a bit lean for a little too long. Too bad those 2 strokes don't have much for engine sensors

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Two for one!

It just wants to be free.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Powershift posted:

Two for one!

Dual airbags? In *my* tires?

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

The only way I'd be taking a pic of that tire would be with a telephoto lens from the roof of the building next door.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bugdrvr posted:

The only way I'd be taking a pic of that tire would be with a telephoto lens from the roof of the building next door.

...while wearing bomb-disposal armor.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

...while wearing bomb-disposal armor.

Nope, there's only one way for a Real Man to take care of balloons.

More Air!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLDqJUp610M

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Horse Divorce posted:

Nope, there's only one way for a Real Man to take care of balloons.

More Air!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLDqJUp610M

I was in a state of perpetual cringing for the entire duration of that video. :stare:

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Beach Bum posted:

I was in a state of perpetual cringing for the entire duration of that video. :stare:

I felt like a kid again watching that drat jack-in-the-box and waiting for that last note to play.

*POP* goes the weasel!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Something is 'off' about that guy... I can't quite figure out what but for some reason the way he acts makes me wonder if he has bodies in his basement.

Hell of an explosion though.

MiNDRiVE
Nov 8, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

Looks like it ran a bit lean for a little too long. Too bad those 2 strokes don't have much for engine sensors

Yeah it ran lean and burnt a hole in the crown.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

Brain Issues posted:

Engines don't normally have water shooting out of cylinders do they??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwiI7YAwPTM

Hahaha, had a used engine that I was going to swap with a dead one that did something like this, but with engine oil. Left a huge black spot on the ceiling =/

Guess if be posting a series of better pics if I hadn't checked the compression and emptied the cylinders of oil first.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Brain Issues posted:

It's water being injected, with a pressure washer at 4000psi, into the secondary air ports in the front of the block to clean out carbon. It's Audi's official procedure to clean carbon out of these ports.

How well does that work? Is it anywhere near as effective as walnut shelling?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Powershift posted:

Two for one!

Legitimate question here, what causes tires to do this?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I'm pretty sure it's the steel wire rings in the sidewall breaking due to pressure.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Delamination mostly.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Sometimes it's radiation.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Obamaaa! :argh:

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Brain Issues posted:

It's water being injected, with a pressure washer at 4000psi, into the secondary air ports in the front of the block to clean out carbon. It's Audi's official procedure to clean carbon out of these ports.

This may be almost as legendary as the Ford GT's Speedi-Sleeve repairs.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Fayez Butts posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the steel wire rings in the sidewall breaking due to pressure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294Wu6O0uW0

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Ever wondered what would happen if you sent a tire off a ski jump? Well this was a recommended link off that video.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

JayKay posted:

Ever wondered what would happen if you sent a tire off a ski jump? Well this was a recommended link off that video.

Holy poo poo that last one.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

JayKay posted:

Why can't I get paid to do stuff like that?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
I fully expected the last one to :killdozer: on out of there :stonklol:

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I've see. It happen on bicycle tyre before, it's usually a spot of weakness that can't handle the load of the inside pressure. It's fun until they blow. That's rally, really loud like you wouldn't believe.

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol

Snowdens Secret posted:

How well does that work? Is it anywhere near as effective as walnut shelling?

It actually works extremely well. Walnut shelling wouldn't be very effective in this situation as the ports go into the engine about 18inches and branch out of the main port for each cylinder. So they have a special adapter for the pressure washer that has measurements on it for each port for each cylinder. I shove a borescope down there to inspect it after cleaning and they come out almost like new.

The reason it was only coming from cylinder 4 was the adapter was only set to clean that port while i was filming. I imagine the pressure washer wouldn't work as well as walnut shell for cleaning the tops of valves, and it would make a huge mess.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
My dad would always pour a pencil stream of water into the intake plenum of a hot and running engine about half throttle

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Steam cleaning with a moderate chance of hydro locking.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

geonetix posted:

I've see. It happen on bicycle tyre before, it's usually a spot of weakness that can't handle the load of the inside pressure. It's fun until they blow. That's rally, really loud like you wouldn't believe.

When I was around 13, I was walking from a video rental store that my dad dropped me off at to the CVS he was at across the street. An 18-wheeler took a right turn too sharply and squeezed one of the tires against the sharp curb, and the tire proceeded to explode. This was about 50 feet in front of me, and not only was it the loudest thing I'd ever heard in my entire life, but it propelled sand and dirt right into my eyes. I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack that day.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Farking Bastage posted:

My dad would always pour a pencil stream of water into the intake plenum of a hot and running engine about half throttle

That used to be a pretty standard clean out of a carbureted engine.

Never tried it myself.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

I've done it on a TBI GM 2.8l V6 and it blew a bunch of carbon and poo poo out of the tailpipe.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Being a 2.8 V6 I'm surprised it hadn't already fired a rod out the side of the block by the point that it needed cleaning.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Believe it or not, that motor ( in a '94 S10 ) was pretty damned well bulletproof. Except the front and real main seals :v:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Wouldn't doing it on a car with catalytic converters cause all the poo poo that loosens to clog up the cats?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

evobatman posted:

Wouldn't doing it on a car with catalytic converters cause all the poo poo that loosens to clog up the cats?

Cats can ususally burn that off, being that they operate around 1500F.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

DJ Commie posted:

Cats can ususally burn that off, being that they operate around 1500F.

So that's why he sleeps so close to the fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Farking Bastage posted:

Believe it or not, that motor ( in a '94 S10 ) was pretty damned well bulletproof. Except the front and real main seals :v:

It was bulletproof because it was so goddamn gutless and pathetic that there was no chance it could make enough horsepower to blow up. I know, I had one ('93 S10).

That being said, god I miss that thing sometimes.