Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

maketakunai posted:

Well, ripping them isn't so easy, this is how they are stored. :(

.... That's dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Brett824 posted:

Not gonna get all conspiracy or "the leakers are all fake!" on you, but I'm not sure why you're expecting Nintendo to be absolutely incompetent. It wouldn't be too hard to manually adjust data that isn't revealed yet to prevent datamining like this, especially with something like an event 'mon. I doubt they'd go through that much effort for mega-evolutions though.

Yeah, as much as I hate to say it there is absolutely no way this game doesn't have some event mons given the number of them in the last three.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah, as much as I hate to say it there is absolutely no way this game doesn't have some event mons given the number of them in the last three.

There was a day one event Torchic so yeah it's pretty much a given.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
What water pokemon can I catch on victory road? I don't want to take a long time to raise a vaporeon or gyarados, so is there anything good I cam just straight up catch?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nickname Pending posted:

What water pokemon can I catch on victory road? I don't want to take a long time to raise a vaporeon or gyarados, so is there anything good I cam just straight up catch?

Dragonair.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I was wondering whether everyone gets the same berries as everyone else in the main game. Here are the berries I've found so far (7 badges). Not including ones obtained through cross-pollination. Does this look unfamiliar to anyone?

I ask this because I'd otherwise have expected the game to give out all of the basic status-healing berries rather than just 2 of them, all of the type-damage-reducing berries rather than just 4, etc.

Aspear, Charti, Iapapa, Leppa, Lum, Mago, Pecha, Roseli, Sitrus, Wacan, Yache

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Internet Kraken posted:

And the sheer number of weird poo poo that's locked off. The other two power plants, the second rail, the "strange souvenir" and the weird hex maniac "you are not the one" encounter. There's clearly some secret poo poo they're really keeping wrapped up. Hell, for all we know it'll just be patched in via update during a mystery gift just to keep us from mining the info at all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

By fishing with the Super Rod you can get Basculin, Poliwhirl, and (very, VERY rarely) Poliwrath in Victory Road. I know this because I erroneously believed there to be Dragonair in the water there. :smith: I forget what you get through surfing.

Zurai posted:

Dragonair.

This is false, Dragonair is found by fishing with the Super Rod on route 21 and nowhere else according to my pokedex.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 16, 2013

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Vegastar posted:

And the sheer number of weird poo poo that's locked off. The other two power plants, the second rail, the "strange souvenir" and the weird hex maniac "you are not the one" encounter. There's clearly some secret poo poo they're really keeping wrapped up. Hell, for all we know it'll just be patched in via update during a mystery gift just to keep us from mining the info at all.

Second region? At 1.7GB (and the possibility of DLC), we can only hope.

Also, if anyone here has nidorans (m) in their safaris, please let me know. Gotta get that sheer force nidoking.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 16, 2013

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Vegastar posted:

Hell, for all we know it'll just be patched in via update during a mystery gift just to keep us from mining the info at all.
Yeah, that's always a distinct possibility. They'd have to have some version-checking for local play though, so you can't play a guy who has a Pokemon that doesn't exist in your game.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Do we know if we have a goonlist of Friend Safaris? I'd like to find someone who gets Dittos in theirs.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Hammerite posted:

I was wondering whether everyone gets the same berries as everyone else in the main game. Here are the berries I've found so far (7 badges). Not including ones obtained through cross-pollination. Does this look unfamiliar to anyone?

I ask this because I'd otherwise have expected the game to give out all of the basic status-healing berries rather than just 2 of them, all of the type-damage-reducing berries rather than just 4, etc.

Aspear, Charti, Iapapa, Leppa, Lum, Mago, Pecha, Roseli, Sitrus, Wacan, Yache

There's someone that gives you an Oran berry, but other than that I'm pretty sure those are the only ones I've seen.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

nerdz posted:

Second region? At 1.7GB (and the possibility of DLC), we can only hope.

I can't imagine that they'd program in a second region only to lock it off at launch.

Unless they're going to release it as DLC :unsmigghh:

(Seriously, though, there is no second region)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Slate Action posted:

I can't imagine that they'd program in a second region only to lock it off at launch.

I'd be happy knowing that not all mega stones have been found already, really.

Also, "Ralts traced Hustle from Nidoran(M)!"

WHICH OF THE loving FIVE OF THEM?????

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Zeruel posted:

Do we know if we have a goonlist of Friend Safaris? I'd like to find someone who gets Dittos in theirs.

I started making one, but between work, having a way too cluttered friend list and getting a vicious cold, I had to stop. Also, when I started no one else had reached the Friend Safari yet so it wasn't well understood and I had to do everything myself.

I'm sure we can all pull our resources together now and make a list though.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

maketakunai posted:

Yeah, that's always a distinct possibility. They'd have to have some version-checking for local play though, so you can't play a guy who has a Pokemon that doesn't exist in your game.

That's a simple fix though, when you connect with someone who has a version older than yours they get the update from you.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Finally got my Talonflame! He's the bomb! If only he hadn't a Bold Nature... how much impact is that going to have?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Zeruel posted:

Check the second post of this thread.

VanSandman posted:

That's a simple fix though, when you connect with someone who has a version older than yours they get the update from you.
Yup, I'm pretty sure they did that with some other glitch. (The berry glitch in G/S? Maybe not..)

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Slate Action posted:

It does seem unlikely, but not entirely out of the realm of possibility if its sevii islands style of extra rather than a full loving region. There's enough evidence that it can't be fully discounted as a possibility.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zeruel posted:

There's one being passed around in #pokegoons as a google doc, though I don't have the link on me at the moment.

e: f;b

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

HeyItsAyls posted:

I started making one, but between work, having a way too cluttered friend list and getting a vicious cold, I had to stop. Also, when I started no one else had reached the Friend Safari yet so it wasn't well understood and I had to do everything myself.

#pokegoons has been busy making one. I'll post it in the PGS trading thread, because it has people's FCs in it it is public editable.

edit: no I won't, I don't need to because someone beat me to it.

Hammerite fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 16, 2013

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
^^^
Oh radical, thanks. I feel like its a thing people should have.

HeyItsAyls posted:

Guess I'll trawl through
vvv

maketakunai posted:

Check the second post of this thread.

and make a list up when I can(the post doesn't have what type their zone is :v: )

e:whoops I am a big dumb

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Manatee Cannon posted:

By fishing with the Super Rod you can get Basculin, Poliwhirl, and (very, VERY rarely) Poliwrath in Victory Road. I know this because I erroneously believed there to be Dragonair in the water there. :smith: I forget what you get through surfing.

This is false, Dragonair is found by fishing with the Super Rod on route 21 and nowhere else according to my pokedex.

Man, that sucks. Is there anywhere to catch a Milotic?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Nickname Pending posted:

Feebas/Milotic are waaaay up there on the list of "things people want". They're not available yet, I haven't heard of anyone's Friend Safari having them, and they aren't up on GTS.

Cottonee/Whimsicott's the same, I want one :(

Friend Safari's pretty trash, really. Most of the Pokemon in most people's Safaris are actually catchable in the base game. They're good for Hidden Abilities, but besides that.. :argh:

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 16, 2013

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

maketakunai posted:

Feebas/Milotic are waaaay up there on the list of "things people want". They're not available yet, I haven't heard of anyone's Friend Safari having them, and they aren't up on GTS.

Cottonee/Whimsicott's the same, I want one :(

Friend Safari's pretty trash, really, most of the Pokemon in most people's Safaris are actually catchable in the base game.

You just gotta keep on trying different codes. I've found great ones like Electrode, Corsola, Sawsbuck, and Tyrouge and getting hidden ability mons is pretty great. Some even include version exclusives (I found a Spiritzee in one even though I own X).

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Serebii found a Milotic in someone's Friend Safari (I think? I may be misremembering his list)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

On the Pokemon Global Link they're having ranked battle "seasons", and you can see the top 10, people's win/loss stats etc. I'd really like to see the teams the top 10 are using but that stuff is set to private by default unfortunately. One of the ranked battle types is a special battle with rules that change each season. (The rules this season are that you have to use Kalos Pokemon)

I'm kind of thinking about trying to build a team for online play but all the talk about natures/EVs/IVs/breeding in this thread honestly makes it sound like such a pain.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nickname Pending posted:

Well to be fair, if all you want is a water type that you don't have to train for the E4 those Poliwrath are level 60.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Serebii found a Milotic in someone's Friend Safari (I think? I may be misremembering his list)

Oh, you're right. That's new :D http://www.serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

There still aren't any Milotic or Feebas on GTS though. Must be pretty rare.

edit: Looks like the Global Link GTS page will show you what a Pokemon's typing is, which can be used for checking old Pokemon that aren't out yet:

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 16, 2013

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

maketakunai posted:

Friend Safari's pretty trash, really. Most of the Pokemon in most people's Safaris are actually catchable in the base game. They're good for Hidden Abilities, but besides that.. :argh:
It's likely that most of the people you have added don't have the third slot unlocked, which is where most of the cool poo poo like Chansey and Galvantula and so on hang out.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Can someone please explain to me what happens when you street pass with someone beyond getting an announcement about it from the lady in the holo caster and pokemiles? Is there anything else to it or is that really it?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I managed to find a Bold male Espurr with its hidden ability in a Friend Safari, and it turns out its two 31 IVs are HP and SpDef, so I'm gonna level the sucker up and find out if he gets anything worthwhile to use as a Prankster Meowstic since I like the design.

I love Friend Safari. I think it might be my favorite new feature, or maybe second to Super Training.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I managed to find a Bold male Espurr with its hidden ability in a Friend Safari, and it turns out its two 31 IVs are HP and SpDef, so I'm gonna level the sucker up and find out if he gets anything worthwhile to use as a Prankster Meowstic since I like the design.

I love Friend Safari. I think it might be my favorite new feature, or maybe second to Super Training.

Keep me updated, I'm really curious about Prankster [male] Meowstick!

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Dastardly: Grass
Oddish, Swadloon, well that's kinda disappointing. I've finished E4 now though so feel free to check it out unless there's a way to check out my own safari?

HeyItsAyls posted:

Well now that you've beaten the Elite Four I went back and checked your Friend Safari again and now it's also spawning Maractus. :3:
Now that's better :colbert:

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 16, 2013

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Dastardly posted:

Dastardly: Grass
Oddish, Swadloon, well that's kinda disappointing. I've finished E4 now though so feel free to check it out unless there's a way to check out my own safari?

Well now that you've beaten the Elite Four I went back and checked your Friend Safari again and now it's also spawning Maractus. :3:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Brilliant. Just got a Poliwhirl with a King's Rock on Wonder Trade, and then an Eevee.

And a Gloom called Fugly.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 16, 2013

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Question has anyone breeded any Noibats and if you have would you be willing to give one to me.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Holy poo poo, Spiritomb looks amazing.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Aw, Snorunt is shivering :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I like that working at the Hotel nets you more money as you keep working, and the staff is so happy every time you come back. :3:

• Locked thread