Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

I'd be fine with it this way if RPGs gave a lock on tone, couldn't give a poo poo if it isn't realistic. doesn't matter now anyway, they've already hosed it up by the sounds of things.

The chopper has to be locked with a PLD which gives a lock tone before the RPG can lock and fire. The issue people were complaining about was that there was no missile inbound tone for when someone sent a locked RPG your way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

"The Battlefield Blog" posted:

We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has played the Battlefield 4 Beta! Your feedback has been crucial in testing the underlying infrastructure and reporting both bugs and balancing issues to ensure a smooth launch on October 29. In this blog post, we want to bring up some of the key findings and how we’re addressing these for the launch of Battlefield 4. Thanks again for playing and keep the feedback coming on the Battlelog Beta forums.

Low frame rate/stuttering
PC players may have experienced trouble in the Beta getting the game running at a good frame rate. Rest assured that we’re using the information we received to optimize the performance for the launch of the game. We also released three game client updates and a number of game server updates during the Beta to address some of these issues and to gather more information to ensure a smoother launch.

Stuck on loading screen
We have identified some of the reasons why players, mainly on PC, were getting stuck on the loading screen and are currently working around the clock to decrease the rate at which this occurs. The latest PC patch for the Beta helped for some players and we are confident we will be able to minimize this issue for launch.

High CPU usage during the Beta
CPU usage could sometimes skyrocket for dual, quad and six-core processors. We identified some of the reasons and released three patches with fixes that went live during the Beta, to address the problems. This was a true Beta, and as such all the crash reports that were generated during this period will actually help us make a better game.

Controller layouts (X360/PS3)
We’ve increased the available controller options in Battlefield 4, including the new controller layout and multiple alternatives that we hope will make you feel right at home. If you’re more comfortable with the controls from Battlefield 3, we’ve got you covered. Just by bringing up the options menu, you can choose the “Legacy” layout, which is similar to that in Battlefield 3.

Empty server listings (X360/PS3)
While in the Server Browser you may have seen lists of empty servers. By changing the filter options, you’ll be able to find populated servers that you can join. You can also use the “Quick Match” function to quickly get into the action.

The elevator catapult (All platforms)
Although an interesting concept, elevators were never designed to act as a catapult or teleporter. The bug where the elevator button would catapult you up into the air is fixed for the final game. But we did enjoy all the crazy videos you’ve posted. Thanks!

Gameplay balancing
We are still balancing gameplay, and in true DICE fashion will continue to do so well after the release of Battlefield 4. Below are just some of the gameplay changes based on your feedback that we’re making in time for the launch of the game.

Infantry Changes
-Fixed how the player only receives a single local damage sound effect if he or she was the victim of a quick, clean kill. The sound and camera impact effect had too long a cool down between hits. This should improve the responsiveness of being killed and taking damage.

-Reduced the fire rate of the AK12 in burst from 1000rpm to 750rpm. The rate of fire was too high when combined with the low recoil of the weapon, making it more powerful than intended in burst mode.

-Tweaked the compensator and muzzle brake so they’re properly less accurate in sustained automatic fire.

-Reduced and rebalanced full auto accuracy based on rate of fire for all automatic weapons to balance low ROF weapons. Low ROF weapons were remaining accurate long enough to get easy kills outside of their intended optimal range.

-Increased the default throw distance of the portable ammo and med packs. This makes it easier to throw these packs to teammates.

-Portable ammo packs now reload 2 magazines of bullets instantly and up a total of 4 magazines per pack over time. The player must stay on top of the ammo pack in order to benefit from all of the ammo reloading. Grenades, RPG’s, and other explosive launchers do not benefit from the instant reload function of the Ammo Pack.

-Increased the muzzle flash of the 25mm and 40mm launchers to make their threat position more visible.

-Fixed an issue where the knife stab didn’t align with the kill event.

-The revive time has been increased from 7s to 10s.

Vehicle Changes
-Fixed some descriptions of weapons for vehicles that incorrectly described the function of the weapon.

-Increased the damage of the Stinger and IGLA to 3 hits to kill attack choppers (was 25%, now 35%).

-Increased the speed of all TOW guided missiles to 75m/s from 50m/s so they can catch-up to fast vehicles like the Quad bike.

-Increased the sustained fire accuracy of the Coaxial LMG on armored vehicles because it was underpowered.

-Reduced the damage the 40mm and 25mm infantry weapons do to armored vehicles to highlight their anti-infantry role.

-Reduced the damage main gun on the IFVs against other armor to highlight their primarily anti-infantry role.

-Fixed an issue where the tank main gun did not correctly hit the center of the crosshair at all times.

-Multiple options are now available for controlling how your vehicles steer with a joystick on all platforms, as well as improved the responsiveness of steering while accelerating.

Locking Weapon Changes
-RPG7 and SMAW can no longer lock on to Laser Designated Targets. It was inauthentic and not balanced.

-Fixed some projectiles not warning vehicles when they were fired on a Laser Designated target. Reduced the lock on distance for RPGs, SMAW, and MBT LAW missiles to 350m from 500m. This gives the IGLA the clear long range AA role for soldiers, and keeps the team play element of Laser Designation.

-All Laser Designated missiles now do a maximum of 90% damage to Attack and Scout helicopters (down from 100%). This was done to give helicopters a chance to use their Fire Extinguisher countermeasure even against Laser Designated weapons.

General Changes
-The kill string in the score log now appears sooner, making the UI more responsive to a kill event.

-The aim assist on X360/PS3 has been tweaked to be more consistent at all ranges. The assist was over powerful at close range, and not powerful enough at medium range. Players should now find that close combat requires much more player input and the snap to a target is far less forgiving. At medium range the player should experience a bit more assistance tracking targets, but generally still reduced aim assist effectiveness.

PC Specific Changes
-Fixed a string in On Foot PC key bindings that should have read “CROUCH (TOGGLE) / PRONE (HOLD)”.

-Removed an unused “Underslung” key binding on PC, the “Select Gadget 1″ key binding now controls both of these actions as expected.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

-RPG7 and SMAW can no longer lock on to Laser Designated Targets. It was inauthentic and not balanced.

-Fixed some projectiles not warning vehicles when they were fired on a Laser Designated target. Reduced the lock on distance for RPGs, SMAW, and MBT LAW missiles to 350m from 500m. This gives the IGLA the clear long range AA role for soldiers, and keeps the team play element of Laser Designation.

gently caress. You. :dice: That was one of my favorite features.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

quote:

-Reduced and rebalanced full auto accuracy based on rate of fire for all automatic weapons to balance low ROF weapons. Low ROF weapons were remaining accurate long enough to get easy kills outside of their intended optimal range.

I don't really understand this change. Do they expect low ROF weapons to have less accuracy then their higher ROF counterparts? That makes no sense because then they have no "optimal" range. Up close, the higher ROF should win out and with lower accuracy, they'll lose at mid/long range since people can tap the higher ROF just as easily.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I think it was a typo. Should read that high ROF weapons have worse full auto ranged accuracy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

"Removed lock-on from RPG and SMAW"

"Reduced lock-on range for RPG and SMAW"

I know that's unfair because multiple people probably type up patch notes but still!

Grouchy Smurf
Mar 12, 2012

"Interesting Quote"
-Interesting guy
I love how they state a fix was due to the item in question behaving in an "unauthentic" fashion, when tank shells experience 1 meter drop per 100 meters distance.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

the helicopter rockets were pretty overpowered bullshit in the BF4 beta, you could kill a tank with one burst in 3 seconds. You just never saw it happen because they were getting shot down by RPGs they didn't know were coming or were too busy fighting the other helicopters which respawned 10 seconds after getting shot down for who knows what reason.

I'd be fine with it this way if RPGs gave a lock on tone, couldn't give a poo poo if it isn't realistic. doesn't matter now anyway, they've already hosed it up by the sounds of things.

They could only do that if you hit all your rockets in the rear of the tank, that's not overpowered that's the tanker being in a bad position and being punished for it.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

quote:

Fixed an issue where the knife stab didn’t align with the kill event.
Best Change.

The accuracy nerfs on high ROF weapons means you will no longer get super accurate 10 round bursts even if you can compensate for recoil.
The Coax LMG buff is kind of bullshit since the thing was already a laser.

Also stinger buffs :getin:

Edit: Wait, no fix to the transport heli/boat passenger guns that seem to drop off to ~0 dmg at range :dice:

Sparticle fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 16, 2013

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

OGS-Remix posted:

I don't really understand this change. Do they expect low ROF weapons to have less accuracy then their higher ROF counterparts? That makes no sense because then they have no "optimal" range. Up close, the higher ROF should win out and with lower accuracy, they'll lose at mid/long range since people can tap the higher ROF just as easily.
To me it looks like they reduced all full-auto accuracy, but reduced low ROF more.

Sparticle posted:

The accuracy nerfs on high ROF weapons means you will no longer get super accurate 10 round bursts even if you can compensate for recoil.
The Coax LMG buff is kind of bullshit since the thing was already a laser.
I don't understand why a lot of people claim that the coax was weak and underpowered. It was great at murdering people at any range.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Grouchy Smurf posted:

I love how they state a fix was due to the item in question behaving in an "unauthentic" fashion, when tank shells experience 1 meter drop per 100 meters distance.

And the TOW missiles only travel at 75 m/s? My immersion... :v:

DrPop posted:

...Alborz (aka Battlefield Skyrim) was kind of a dumpy map all-around, despite being pretty looking...

True story. Although I do have fond memories of the no HUD event PURE once ran on that map. Nobody had any idea what the hell was happening or what we were supposed to be doing (the most realistic military game?) but drat was it ever cool to just sit back and look at the scenery.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 16, 2013

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grouchy Smurf posted:

They also have wire-guided munitions locking and top-smacking things, but that's fine. Pretty sure the "authentic fashion" stuff is their codeword for "people sperged wayy too hard to us about it."

E: VVV It makes sense to me, I've just seen that exact line a few times in BF3 so I'm making the same assumptions. The RPGs/SMAWs are deadly as it is, so I don't think this change is that much of a deal.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 16, 2013

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Naturally Selected posted:

They also have wire-guided munitions locking and top-smacking things, but that's fine. Pretty sure the "authentic fashion" stuff is their codeword for "people sperged wayy too hard to us about it."

I suppose it's also a matter of being intuitive and internally consistent. If you have two launchers who's main defining features are "do more damage, but are completely unguided" then it'd be kinda counterintuitive when they turn out to actually be guided after all as long as some recon points his thing at a thing.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I know its moot now that bf3 is almost done but I still don't get the an94 and it kind if irritates me. I set it to burst and tappa tappa tappa and everything and everyone annihilates me at all ranges. Is there something I'm missing? I feel like I should at least be able to kill at those distances semi easily given that I am competent with the sks at all ranges. But every time what happens is I'll start plugging bullets into them and they always kill me with whatever gun they have, and if I get an assist it's like 32 points. But on the sks I just zoom in and tap tap tap and they almost always go down.

I don't use the grip or anything weird like that either. Usually a laser, pod, heavy barrel, 4x or dot sight, etc depending on the map.

Tarranon fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 16, 2013

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Always use the HB. Are you standing still when shooting? The gun has a definite rhythm to how fast you can click depending on the engagement range. However, when you get it down it literally is just like pixel sniping. Click on the bad guys to make them go away.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
You need to learn a subtle compensation with the AN-94 when you're able to exceed 1000 RPM or more, it's more than just aiming & firing. Never don't use the HB, and there's no good reason whatsoever to use a bipod or laser.

I don't recommend high zooms either, try the Holos which are a great compromise.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheRationalRedditor posted:

You need to learn a subtle compensation with the AN-94 when you're able to exceed 1000 RPM or more, it's more than just aiming & firing. Never don't use the HB, and there's no good reason whatsoever to use a bipod or laser.

I don't recommend high zooms either, try the Holos which are a great compromise.

I actually had quite a bit of success using it as a DMR that's more useful up close. Bipod, 4x, hbar. Bipodded it has no recoil at all.

Then again, I also did decently well with a bipod/6x/hbar M416 :v: But that one was tough as hell to use.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

"The Battlefield Blog" posted: posted:

-Increased the damage of the Stinger and IGLA to 3 hits to kill attack choppers (was 25%, now 35%).

I'm a little confused here. I was under the impression that the IGLA was supposed to be stronger than the Stinger because you had to remain locked on, unlike the Stinger's "fire and forget". If they take the same number of hits to kill, what is the point in using the IGLA if it is harder to use?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
What is the IGLA again?

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
the IGLA will probably have .5 seconds faster reload :sax:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

keyframe posted:

What is the IGLA again?

A Russian shoulder launched SAM. In BF3 it was just the Russian Stinger.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Anti-Hero posted:

Always use the HB. Are you standing still when shooting? The gun has a definite rhythm to how fast you can click depending on the engagement range. However, when you get it down it literally is just like pixel sniping. Click on the bad guys to make them go away.

At short to medium range I'll shuffle a little bit, which is something I picked up using the sks as an assault recon. Is that a straight up nogo for the an?

I find that I'm pretty awful with most assault rifles, maybe there's just something unique to them I'm not exactly picking up on.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Nope, strafe ADS spread for the AN is perfectly fine if the situation calls for it. Most ARs (F2000 lol) pull it off well as long as the HB is on.

I actually had quite a bit of success using it as a DMR that's more useful up close. Bipod, 4x, hbar. Bipodded it has no recoil at all.

Then again, I also did decently well with a bipod/6x/hbar M416 :v: But that one was tough as hell to use.
Unless you're trying to do a purposefully weird sniping thing on a big conquest map, I don't recommend bipodding ever as any class but Support with an LMG. Being instantly mobile in all situations to anticipate warning suppression is how you avoid dying as much as possible as Assault. When you really get a grip on advanced AN-94 use, you functionally have no recoil. using high zoom (4x and above) for 1000+ rpm is lousy because you need to compensate proportionately more for viewkick and it's extremely severe when magnified.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 16, 2013

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

CombatBonta-kun posted:

I'm a little confused here. I was under the impression that the IGLA was supposed to be stronger than the Stinger because you had to remain locked on, unlike the Stinger's "fire and forget". If they take the same number of hits to kill, what is the point in using the IGLA if it is harder to use?

I think the point is that it's possible to reacquire the target after they flare.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Nope, strafe ADS spread for the AN is perfectly fine if the situation calls for it. Most ARs (F2000 lol) pull it off well as long as the HB is on.

Unless you're trying to do a purposefully weird sniping thing on a big conquest map, I don't recommend bipodding ever as any class but Support with an LMG. Being instantly mobile in all situations to anticipate warning suppression is how you avoid dying as much as possible as Assault. When you really get a grip on advanced AN-94 use, you functionally have no recoil. using high zoom (4x and above) for 1000+ rpm is lousy because you need to compensate proportionately more for viewkick and it's extremely severe when magnified.

Yeah I wouldn't recommend using 6x/HBars the way I did, it was just to qualify my statements about the Abakan. I used bipods a lot on Karkand maps though, there were enough sightlines and concealment to make it worthwhile. On anything outside of kark/caspian/firestorm though, yeah, it's not recommended at all.

Actually, with the way the guns and the map were in beta here, I didn't use the bipod at all even on LMGs. The friggin T88 was controllable enough that you could lay down the same amount of fire while moving.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

CombatBonta-kun posted:

I think it's also supposed to have a longer range than the Stinger? That way I could see one being used more to murder choppers when the oppoprtunity presents itself and the other to scare off planes straying too close.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
By the by, has anyone else noticed that one of the deployable gadgets is a soft-kill umbrella? Wonder which class gets em. If recon gets the PLD, SOFLAM, and the soft-kill, they'll probably be a really wanted class on the field :v:

Also, I wonder what the difference between the SOFLAM and PLD will be in this game.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Soft kill? The support gets a gadget that redirects incoming laser-guided missiles if that's what you're talking about. Hopefully it also shoots down incoming grenades or dumbfires or something. One of the squad upgrade trees increases its uptime.

If its anything like BF3, SOFLAMs auto-designate within a narrow arc and can be controlled by remote from a distance. The PLD requires you to expose yourself to your threat, but also probably doesn't get a giant red "shoot here" laser and can be used on the move and much more quickly than the cumbersome SOFLAM.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Early trailers showed an Iron Fist system on boats. I hope I can use it to shoot down incoming tank shells, the only thing capable of stopping boat rage.

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013

Changelog posted:

-Fixed an issue where the tank main gun did not correctly hit the center of the crosshair at all times.

I knew something had to be up with that. The tank shell always seemed to be firing so low.

Rather happy with all those changes other than the 40mm/25mm doing less damage to armour. It was nice as a assault knowing I could actually help kill a tank when other people were shooting it. I never felt it did a ton of damage so it was more like you could support engineers in killing armour.
Oh well hopefully you can still do a little damage.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ravenfood posted:

Soft kill? The support gets a gadget that redirects incoming laser-guided missiles if that's what you're talking about. Hopefully it also shoots down incoming grenades or dumbfires or something. One of the squad upgrade trees increases its uptime.

If its anything like BF3, SOFLAMs auto-designate within a narrow arc and can be controlled by remote from a distance. The PLD requires you to expose yourself to your threat, but also probably doesn't get a giant red "shoot here" laser and can be used on the move and much more quickly than the cumbersome SOFLAM.

Didn't see it before, guess I know what my support class will run. (And yeah, that's the soft-kill. as in, not actually blowing up the threat.)

SOFLAMs I'm just not sure about, unless they get given loads of extra range or something. In 3 they weren't really much use auto-designating, and their laser was a bigger giveaway than the scope flash. Given that the PLD is just that drat good, I just don't see a niche for 'em currently. Especially with the pilots/drivers getting a directional indicator when they're being locked, I don't see a soflam survivng much past the first lock. PLD's work because 90% of the time, you can conceal yourself or just disengage for a sec until your target looks away.

General Battuta posted:

Early trailers showed an Iron Fist system on boats. I hope I can use it to shoot down incoming tank shells, the only thing capable of stopping boat rage.

Pretty sure that's just what the first-tier smoke looks like, at least it did in beta-tanks had it all the time, the boat could get a smoke curtain-type upgrade that did something else, I'm not sure what. The IF-looking stuff didn't actually kill the missiles though, just broke the lock/guidance.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 16, 2013

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

SAMARIX posted:

Rather happy with all those changes other than the 40mm/25mm doing less damage to armour. It was nice as a assault knowing I could actually help kill a tank when other people were shooting it. I never felt it did a ton of damage so it was more like you could support engineers in killing armour.
Oh well hopefully you can still do a little damage.

I definitely ruined some tanks' days with both, but I only ever took opportunistic shots at big fat tank butts so maybe it could use toning down from other directions. Like, even without considering my understanding that real Abrams are nigh invincible, a grenade to the front of a tank probably shouldn't even scratch it.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

CombatBonta-kun posted:

The Igla can reacquire a target if it flares and the missile is still live when the flares are gone. It's designed to punish the super bad pilots who think flares are a license to hang around for another 5 seconds. The starstreak had the same behaviour in the beta. The Igla will probably also lock a little faster.

You'll be choosing between the two based more on how much cover a map provides for air than anything else.

Smegmatron fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 17, 2013

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
IGLA also might be better against jets while the Stinger can punish helis more easily, depending on missile speed and flare mechanic interactions.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Insert name here posted:

I will fight you; CZECH POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
This is a holdover from our times playing Arma, isn't it.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

General Battuta posted:

Apparently you've never encountered a c-4 rigged 'jihad-ski'.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Ckwiesr posted:

Apparently you've never encountered a c-4 rigged 'jihad-ski'.

The only place left to go is to Jihad-Ski a helicopter, jet or C130.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

General Battuta posted:

I dunno, as an occasional pilot I really didn't like instant air vehicle respawns because it made dogfights meaningless. You never got to spend any time on the fun stuff (air to ground) - just an endless series of circle-at-313 dogfights.

Anytime you can, since radar only shows azimuth, take the fight into the vertical or turn hard back into your opponent as he crosses your nose. The vertical fight clears your tail and you're usually not followed, and by turning back in over and over pulling him into a scissors maneuver it will put the zap on his brain pretty drat quick. Always use real combat tactics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dajjO8RELMs

edit: The best to start these maneuvers is when right when you hear the "WHOOSH" of the other plane passing by, you're in a state of mutual blindness, he can't see you and vice-versa. But you're about to take the fight 180 degrees away from where it was, and you know that, but he doesn't. That's where the advantage comes in. The timing is very important.

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 17, 2013

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Yeah I wouldn't recommend using 6x/HBars the way I did, it was just to qualify my statements about the Abakan. I used bipods a lot on Karkand maps though, there were enough sightlines and concealment to make it worthwhile. On anything outside of kark/caspian/firestorm though, yeah, it's not recommended at all.

Actually, with the way the guns and the map were in beta here, I didn't use the bipod at all even on LMGs. The friggin T88 was controllable enough that you could lay down the same amount of fire while moving.
I never use bipods ever and I wouldn't recommend them for anything, they're a huge liability to my playstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It's just way too easy to control LMGs with the mouse while moving. If you could shoot while sprinting I bet you could still manage the recoil to a pin point accuracy. Setting up a bipod I think just auto spots you and laser designates you while giving everyone a javelin to lock on to you with because I always die as soon as I set a bipod up anywhere useful.

• Locked thread